Other Dog Foods:
Blue Buffalo
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food

• Flavor Selection:

Blue Buffalo products are high quality dog food

I agree with the comments of previous reviewers. Blue Buffalo dog food is a high quality product. I have recommended Blue Buffalo to all of my family and friends and they think I am a saleswoman for this line. My dog was from a rescue mission in Detroit. She doubled her weight in one month and ate every bit of the food - every time. I was only using the Blue Buffalo line because the salesman at Petsmart convinced me NOT to switch over to another brand as it would cause digestive problems. I feel the food is good but it's also expensive. Over the past year my dog has gone from a twenty pound ragged bag of bones to ninety-five pounds of muscle. I started feeding my dog "human" food a few months ago and now she really doesn't want to eat the Blue Buffalo. I think that my dog feels that she is supposed to eat what our family eats. So this is obviously something I have programed my dog to do now. Blue Buffalo is a very high quality product, especially compared to the supermarket brands. I would never eat the food myself - the salespeople will tell you it's good enough for human consumption - but I'm not that hungry and I never will be. Again, not every picky eater dog will eat the food, and it does get expensive over time. The improvement in my dog's health was amazing - but I don't know for certain if it was the Blue Buffalo food (dry, wet, and health bars) or the fact that any food would have made the difference.

Hmcd1

I fed our dogs Blue Buffalo a couple years ago - around the time of the Chinese Peanut Shell scare. Anyway - BOTH of our dogs got very ill, and I deteremined it was from the Blue Buffalo. One would get sick, so I started feeding her a chicken and rice mixture - then male dog got sick - same thing I took him off the Blue Buffalo, and he got better. When I started feeding them the Blue Buffalo - they both got sick again. I tried for more than two weeks to get someone from that company to return my phone call - no luck. I finally found a non 800 number for them in the wihite pages. I am not exagerating when I say the woman I funally spoke with on the phone could not have cared less that they made both my dogs ill. If you are still reading my tirade, you obviously care about your pet. Consult your vet. I virtually guarantee that they will tell you not to feed your dogs Blue Buffalo.

My dog loves Blue Buffalo

from Wrightstown NJ

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Active Dogs
  • Larger Dogs
  • Older Dogs
  • Special Needs

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food:

My dog was becoming increasingly fussy over the type of dry dog food that I was feeding her.. I usually would buy the average dog food such as Purina or Alpo but decided that she was getting older and maybe I needed to get her something with a little more nutrition and vitamins in it than just a regular old dog food. Blue Buffalo life protection is a great source of nutrition and everything your dog will need to feel great. She loves the taste of the food and it is easy for her to digest. She can chew it easily. I also think that her coat looks better since I started giving her this food due to the the vitamins and ingredients that are in it. IT has quality ingredients and she loves the chicken flavor. When it is time to eat she is right there circling her bowl waiting for me to pour in the Blue Buffalo .The only

downfall to this food is the very exPensive price. I csnnot buy it every week because it is really expensive but figured that I will buy it every other week and just mix it with her regular dog food. She loves the taste. I recommend this dog food to anyone with any size dog. especially good for older dogs. your dog will thank you for giving them Blue Buffalo life protection dog food

Just Not the Same

from Atlanta, GA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional

Cons

• Expensive

• Active Dogs
  • Larger Dogs
  • Older Dogs

Used to only buy Blue Bufflao for my two Goldens. The quality was outstanding, the nutrition showed on my dogs. After years of watching quality degrade, prices climb, and quantity shrink, I had to switch. Get so much more value for an even high quality food for Taste of the Wild. Blue Buffalo has lost a customer for life. They used to be all about quality. All about making that money now. A real pity.

My dachshund is a fan!!

We just recently started buying this dog food after being faithful to another REALLY EXPENSIVE brand. We had numerous trips to the vet and they always told us our dogs had extremely high liver enzymes. Well, what does that mean. We figured out this was being caused by our super high protein dog food. I thought I was doing the right thin for my pups with the overly expensive food- but in reality, my dogs need something other than food for wolves!! The blue buffalo was a lifesaver. My dog's lever enzymes are under control and I am saving money on food and VET BILLS!!! Some of those high protein foods are made for very active dogs, and my indoor small dogs just couldn't handle that level of protein on their livers. I am glad we figured it out when we did.

Quality of Ingredients
Excellent ingredients. My dogs love this food. There was virtually no issue with transitioning them to this food- they love it.

Flavor Selection
I wish there were more flavors- but my dogs seem happy with the chicken flavor we buy them. I would never buy the red meat version and that is the only other option other than puppy and senior.

I love blue buffalo

from Nesconset,ny

Blue buffalo life protection formula adult chicken and brown rice dry dog food is the best dry dog food there is in my opinion. As I wrote in previous reviews, I had never before I had adopted the last dog of the four I had, I never really checked what was in all my dogs food and just kind of trusted the brand. When I looked at my dogs food and the ingredients in them, it was gross to me. I kind of felt foolish and lied to that companies can just advertise so dishonestly and allow you to take that in and feed it to dogs that to a lot of people are members of the family. Then I seen a commercial talking about the situation I was in, about all the bad ingredients that are in a lot of major dog food brands and the commercial was for blue buffalo. I think it was that day that I went out and went to the pet store and when I looked at the ingredients and could actually read them. For once the first ingredient was real chicken. I read so many great ingredients that were healthy and I bought it. My dogs had eaten that until they passed away and it was definitely their favorite. Great job on this dog food.

• Flavor Selection:

Great for your dog's overall health and skin.

Since changing my labrador retriever and siberian husky's food from Purina Puppy Chow to Blue Buffalo life protections formula adult chicken and brown rice dry dog food, their overall health has changed for the better. My lab used to have frequent diarrhea and itchy skin, but that has changed. He no longer has diarrhea. His stools are firm. He also hardly ever scratches now. They both love the taste and finish every morsel. He has also slimmed down a bit. We do not feed him as much of this food as we were the Purina Puppy Chow, so the bag lasts longer. We also do not give the pups supplemental vitamins anymore as Blue Buffalo has everything they need. Their coats are beautiful and their shedding has reduced dramatically. So glad we made the choice to switch to Blue Buffalo. I did ALOT of research on dog foods before making this wonderful choice and we all could not be happier. Thank you Blue Buffalo and our pups, Hershey and Pre, thank you too!

Quality of Ingredients
Love that it has real meat as the first ingredient. It has the life protection bits which we feel gives our pups all the nutrition they need.

Flavor Selection
They have flavors for all the picky eaters out there. Chicken, Beef, Lamb.

• Flavor Selection:

Did not agree with my dog

from Richmond VA

I wanted to try this food out since I had heard it was much better for dogs overall. I served it to my dog for a couple of weeks, and it just never agreed with him. He had a few accidents because of it, and he was really gassy after eating it. At first, I thought it was just his body adjusting to the new recipe and ingredients, but after a while, I just knew it wasn't going to be the right fit. It was a real disappointment since it was so expensive! I ended up having to give it away so that it wouldn't just go to waste! I wish it had been gentler on my dog's stomach. What a shame!

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of the ingredients is good and I know the company tries to offer a healthy, balanced product for the animals, but unfortunately, it just did not agree with my dog's digestive system. I have heard that from a lot of other people, so I'm not sure what the exact problem is.

Flavor Selection
My dog seemed to enjoy the food, but it wasn't worth it for the problems it caused.

Blue Buffalo Dog Food - Chicken flavor

Very high quality ingredients. The dogs always love the taste. The size of the kibble is just right and I feel reassured that there is nothing artificial in the bag. Blue has had some recalls in the past because of its supplier (as did several other dog brands). I would like to see some reassurance that they have taken steps to prevent it from happening again and I would like to see something about non-GMO on their bag.

Quality of Ingredients
There is always room for improvement. I love the fact that they use brown rice instead of white rice. Meat is always the first ingredient which is very important. They already have a brand that is gluten free but I would like to see them take Gluten out of all of their brands. Also, they need to eliminate corn entirely.

Flavor Selection
My dogs always love the flavor and my senior dog has gotten pickier with age. I never have to add anything to the dog food to get them to eat it.

Worth the money

I have always had and loved animals. To me they are part of the family. However, I will admit that I never paid much attention to what I fed them. I generally would buy what was on sale or what I had coupons for at the time. Then I started seeing more on Facebook and the news on how important the quality of your food is and how it can affect the lifespan of your dogs lives. I was not very clear on what was good and what was bad for your dogs. I work closely with a non-kill rescue shelter. I thought who better to ask then the people who run the rescue because they are very knowledgeable and take what they do for a living very serious. I told them I was considering giving my dog as well as my puppy (who I rescued from their shelter) Blue dog food. They said definitely a great choice. Both my dogs love it. My Bischon has sensitive skin and he has not had any allergic reaction at all on this brand. I am very happy with it and will continue to give it to my dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

The Very Best Dog Food Money Can Buy!

At first I was very skeptical of this dog food because of all the commercials on T.V. In the commercial they say that Blue hard dog food is the very best for your pet. They were right. This dog food is very expensive. I can not buy it all the time because I can not afford it but when I do I mix it with another dog food I buy to make it last longer. I just bought a bag of this dog food for my mothers dog. Her dog has a lot of problems with her hips and she could no longer jump on my mothers bed along with other things. This dog is 8 years old. After a week of my mother feeding her this food she is happier. She can once again jump on my mothers bed. She is doing things I haven't seen her do in years. I am unsure what is in this dog food that has helped her hips but as long as it keeps working we are going to keep feeding it to her. She is now the playful dog she used to be. This dog food is worth every cent.

Quality of Ingredients
This is a great dog food. I know some of the ingredients and would like to find out what is in Blue that has helped my mothers dog.

Flavor Selection
When you open up this bag of dog food you can automatically smell the difference in quality from other brands. This dog food actually smells good. Not that I would eat the dog food myself. But some brands of dog food smell horrible. Every time I open the bag of Blue my dogs come running to me. With the other brand I buy my dogs do not realize I am going to feed them until I call them.

Blue Buffalo Adult Chicken and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food

The proof is in my Dog's healthy coat, bright eyes and energy! He gets so excited when I go to the bag.

Quality of Ingredients
The highest quality ingredients that begins with real meat, not by-products.

Flavor Selection
If Ringo, my Australian Cattle dog, could talk he would say "Crikey, this is MY dog food!" He loves the selection.