Other Smoking Cessation Products:

Blu E-Cigarettes

Pros

Cons

Decent ecig that could be a bit stronger

The vapor of this ecig could be a bit stronger, but overall it's decent. Trying to quit smoking with this device when cigarettes are around is challenging, but if you have no access to cigarettes (e.g. are in for a hospital stay, are on a long flight, etc.), blu ecigs are suddenly a godsend. At home, I mixed real cigarettes with the use of this ecig (I'd try to have nine "smokes" with the ecig for every one real cigarette), and I ended up just counting the seconds down until I could have the real one. In other words, not very effective for ridding myself of cigarette cravings, ha!

I've tried better brands, though this ecig still beats nicotine patches, gum, etc. The vapor is smooth, with not quite enough punch. Of the different flavors, "tobacco" ironically tasted the least like the real stuff. My favorites were the "vanilla" which tasted much closer to tobacco than the others, and "menthol." Keep in mind that I absolutely hate menthol cigarettes; the menthol ecig flavoring is much different, and is also has more of a bite to it than the other flavors.

I rather like the blue glow tip, though I've heard some complain that they prefer a more realistic-looking tip. The device comes with a spare battery (base of the ecig), so essentially, you get two. It's extremely tempting to give one away to a friend or family member; my advice would be to loan one to them if you must, but resist giving it away! It stinks when you lose your battery and are found without your spare! You know what happens then? You buy REAL cigarettes while you wait for the replacement battery to ship! Always have a spare battery on hand, just in case.

The mock cigarrette holder/pack can be awkard to carry around, but I'd advise doing so whenever manageable. I've lost ecigs twice, because I just slipped them in my pocket or bag, without the encasement.

I used the wall charger the most. The usb charger was a bit awkward.

In the end, any electronic cigarette is better than the real ones, and this is a decent brand. 4/5 stars.

It didn't rid me of my cigarette cravings.

Very easy to use.

Blu E Ciagarette comes close, but no cigar(ette)

I tried the Blu E Cigarette, and while I was impressed with the look and feel of the pack and the cigarette, as well as all the accessories it came with, it honestly was not the replacement that I was looking for. The first few puffs of a new cartridge came very close to the feel of inhaling a real cigarette, but beyond that, it was just a nice supplement to my regular smoking. I started to use it when I wanted to smoke, but didn't feel like going outside.

6 months going strong!

from Philadelphia, PA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Good Value

Cons

• Harsh Hits

• Men
  • On-the-go
  • Weekly Use
  • Women

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

Blu eCigs have a fairly authentic tobacco taste, plus a decent back-of-the throat hit. I'm a former smoker 6 months without a cigarette!!
The cartridges have a silicone tip and a built-in atomizer. The atomizer helps boost vapor production for that smoking experience. Cartridges have different nicotine levels as well as different flavors depending on what you prefer.
The tobacco-flavored cartridge produced the most authentic smoking experience. The atomizer helps release a thick, odorless cloud of vapor. I felt as if I were actually drawing on a light cigarette.
The only problem I found was that as I used the eCig throughout about a day & a half, the vape got thinner and the tobacco taste started to become less. The cartridge was not empty but it seemed to lose it's intensity.
Overall I would most certainly recommend this to any smokers looking to begin the dreaded process of quitting smoking.

• My Beauty Routine Takes:
  • 30 Minutes

Good but not great

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

The blu e cigarette works good. It doesn't produce as much vapor as some of the bigger sized ones but not bad. My biggest complaint about them is the lid on the pack. The lid pushes the battery to be charged down so that it charges. I have went through 3 of the blu charging packs. On all three of them the lid ended up breaking off so that I had to secure it with a rubber band. This happened on all three packs that I used.

Does not produce as much vapor as some of the bigger sized ones.

Always keeps one battary charged, so you always have one.

Was not effective

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

I went back to smoking after really giving this product a try. I was having to many cravings and it did not satisfy my urge to smoke. The refills were as expensive as buying a pack of cigarettes. There was not any incentive to stay smoke free. I think that it is a good way to see if you are ready to quit or if you are a light smoker you might be able to stay smoke free with this product.

It was very effective for a short amount of time.

I found it was easier to smoke than to make sure that the product was charged and if the refills had anything in them.

Side Effects
There were no side effects with the product itself but it did not curb the cravings for a cigarette.

Immediacy
It was effective if the battery was charged and you had a refill. But it did not last for very long and I still wanted a cigarette afterwards.

Dosage Control
The dosage was hard to know how much you were getting. There were times when I felt like I had gotten enough then other times left me dissatisfied.

Ehhh...

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

I'm a young smoker, been smoking for about 4 years now. I don't smoke often, but I decided it was time to quit. I decided trying Blu was worth a shot. I bought one to see if it would help. It lasted maybe a day. It did barely anything for my cravings, and only made things worse. If it's supposed to be the equivalent of two packs, then this doesn't work for me.

Blu E-Cigarettes: I'd Rather Smoke Regular Cigarettes

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

I bought this E-cigarette because like most people, I am tired of smoking. There are no positives to smoking at all. Being in the medical field I am in people's personal space all day long. They can smell tobacco on me right away. I feel guilty telling people they need to quit smoking because their health will suffer when I'm smoking myself. It is very bad for our health overall. I decided to try this just for the health benefits of not smoking regular cigarettes and for the smell. They tasted awful! It had an almost medicinal smell that I didn't like right away. I liked the fact that it was vapor and didn't annoy anyone with the smell. It did allow me to quell my desire to have a cigarette at work without breaking any rules. I would rather smoke regular cigarettes than these. They didn't stop me from needing that flavor only a cigarette can give you. The commercials lead you to believe you can quit smoking with them too. I think going cold turkey would be better than this. It was very unpleasant to taste and just plain gross. I wish I could cut back or quit but it won't be because this product helps me..Don't waste your money on Blu E-cigarettes.

Not effective at all.

Simple to use.

Side Effects
Leaves you feeling like you still need to smoke a regular cigarette.

Immediate bad taste.

Dosage Control
You smoke it like a regular cigarette.

Not worth it

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

I think this product is okay. It has so many different options though, it's hard to keep up. Also, the charging is a little bit of a hassle. It's supposed to be so much better for you than traditional cigarettes so I tried it. I just didn't feel like I was getting much nicotine. I did enjoy the different flavors I tried though. I'm just not sure it helped me or encouraged me to quit smoking any.

Decent ecig that could be a bit stronger

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

I used the wall charger the most. The usb charger was a bit awkward.

It didn't rid me of my cigarette cravings.

Very easy to use.

e cigarette

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

I was not happ th with the way the e cigarette burned my throat. It was to harsh for me to smoke.

It was easy to use and creates no mess I like the fact that there are no more ash trey's to empty I dont have cigarette butts all over my yard. There is nothing worse then driving down the road and being assaulted by the awful stench of stale cigarettes that have been in the ashtray for months.

Not For Quitting

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

I got this product based on the idea that it would help me quit smoking. I actually smoked even more while using this. The taste was awful, and I finally stopped after two. However, this is my experience - it differs among people. My aunt used these and she quit smoking, but I couldn't.

I used mine up long before I thought I would. I also smoked much more than normal while using this product.

All you have to do is pull the sticker off of the cigarette and start using.

Side Effects
I didn't have any strange side effects or anything from the use of this product.

Immediacy
The immediacy factor basically relates to I didn't have to go outside to smoke. I pulled it out of the package and was immediately able to use it.

Dosage Control
I don't think there was very much nicotine in mine ( I bought two ). Also, the side of the box says to keep it in its box because if you move it around too much it will release the vapor on accident.

Good Value, Inconsistent Quality

from Seneca, SC

Comments about Blu E-Cigarettes:

I was hoping to quit with Blucig but I found the quality to be too inconsistent. It consistently gave me an excuse to keep smoking. With the low price, I could by several of them, but I kept finding the draw on the Blucig differed so much that I only had a couple that satisfied.

It is very lightweight and small enough to cover up with your hand to sneak a couple puffs when necessary. I loved the idea of not making it look like a cigarette by using the blue light when toked. I bought all black, never wanting anyone to think I was smoking a real one. They had a large variety of flavors and the Menthol suited me fine.

The compact size, however, causes some problems. The battery gives out quickly especially as it ages, and the vaporizer does not create enough smoke to satisfy. It is one of the least expensive elec-cig tho, and I would recommend it as a backup to a more substantial one. The only accessory I found necessary was the 2 USB chargers that charge from your computer. It charges so much quicker than the electric.

I became a distributor and put up a web site after I first started smoking them. I never advertised because of the quality problem. I did research a few other elec-cigs and found the DirectEcig be fulfilling but it was bulky and heavy compared to the Blucigs. Regardless, I really have to quit, now, with signs of COPD appearing.