Other Smoking Cessation Products:
Chantix

Chantix

Pros

• Easy to use (7)
  • Effective (7)
  • Good value (3)

• Daily use (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (4)

its working for me

i was smoking 3 packs a day for 30 years. i had tried the patch and wellbutrin(zyban) before and was unsuccessful. Then i heard about chantix and my Dr said it wasnt covered by insurance so one day i was on phone with my medicare part D insurance company for another matter and just happened to ask them why dont they cover chantix and they said we do cover that medication all you have to do is get the prescription from your Dr and call this 1-800 number and enroll in the quit smoking program. I had mentioned to them that my Dr had said that no insurance companies cover this med and she said that more and more insurance companies are covering chantix now and they also said that if i have successful and the end of the 3 months to call them back and they would cover the additional 3 months. So in total its a 6 month program and as of January 3, 2008 i have been smoke free for 4 months. Yes i do have a twinge here and there but it goes away within seconds. My quit smoking coach also recommended getting sugar free cinnamin candies because there is something in cinnamin that helps stop nicotine urges.

As far as side effects goes the only one is constipation but i started another med at the same time so i'm not sure which med is causing it other than that I've had NO other side effects and as far as any sleeping problems I take my evening pill at 3pm just to avoid that issue.

Since I have been so successful with chantix several people have started chantix program and so have been successful too.

I RECOMMEND THAT EVERYONE CALLS THERE INSURANCE TO SEE IF THEY DO COVER CHANTIX AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS BECAUSE MORE AND MORE INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE COVERING IT EACH DAY.

I hope this has helped every one

Chantix didn't do anything for me

I have been smoking for over 40 years and have tried everything to quit. The patches made me feel shaky like I had drank too much coffee and I thought my heart would beat out of my chest. The gum would stick to my dentures and the lozengers just made me want a cigarette. I couldn't take welbutrin because of seizure problems, so I when they came out with Chantrix I was thrilled. I thought maybe something would finally help me to quit. Well after the first week of taking them I still wanted to smoke. I tried to fight it off and I was so mean & crabby I made my family miserable too. I kept taking them and just had 2-3 smokes a day. The side effects were the worst part. I had weird dreams and was tired all the time. Needless to say they didn't work and i'm still smoking! I know I need to quit and I know what my problem is. I enjoy smoking and I really don't want to quit. I think if a person really wants to quit they can whether they have these things to help or not. However they did help me to slow down quite a bit. I was down to about 1 pack a week, but it started climbing back up after the pills were gone.

Chantix worked in less than two months

from Dayton,Ohio

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Results last

Comments about Chantix:

Chantix does exactly what it says it will. I smoked for over 30 years and after 2 months I no longer even wanted a cigarette. Two years later and I am still smoke free! Thank you Chantix!

• 10 Minutes

Works like magic but beware if using more than once

from Centralia, IL

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective

Comments about Chantix:

I have tried lots of smoking cessation products and techniques. Cold turkey, patch, gun, exits- no luck. I had smoked for a number of years when I decided to give chantix a try after it's immediate popularity. I could not believe how easy it was to quit smoking. You are allowed to smoke during the first week but After the first few days of taking it, I would just forget to smoke. It was unbelievable! After taking for about a month, I had some cocktails with friends and smoked one out of social habit and I couldn't even finish half because it tasted awful. I ended up taking the medicine for about 4 months (which is a shorter time than recommended and I should know better because I am an RB, BSN) but continued to be a non smoker for months after. Unfortunately, I gained about 10 pounds. Not because of the medicine, but because everything tasted amazing! The whole taste dulling of smoking had worn of and I found a new love of food... all food. It came at a bad time- I was planning for my wedding! Bad decision #2 was picking the cigarettes back up to help drop the pounds for the wedding. It worked of course, but I kicked myself for smoking so I thought another round of chantix would kick the habit and I would watch my diet. BAAAD decision. The only side effect that I encounter the first time was occasional constioation (not a typical side effect), but round two came with a total personality change. I was angry, annoyed with everything, upset about little things- basically a crazy person! I even KNEW how irrational I was being in situations but I couldn't stop myself. I'm not a regular drinker (though I've mentioned it twice now lol) but having 2-3 drinks on the second round made me feel HORRIBLE. I started to sleep walk, lose memory, and basically just lose my sanity! I only managed to stay on the Chantix for about a month the second time and thought it was safer for everyone involved to just keep smoking instead! Moral of this story: make sure you quit the first time!

• 1+ Hour

I used chantix and would recamend this product

from Fort Wayne Indiana

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective

• Men
          • Women

Comments about Chantix:

I used chantix and I would recommend this product to everyone. I smoked for over 30 years and quit .Thanks to Chantix. I haven't smoked in 5 years and haven't had any cravings either.

Best Ever!!!!

from Ga. U.S.A.

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Faster results
          • Good Value
          • Lightweight

Comments about Chantix:

It became very important that I quit when I found out I had a Genetic Lung/Liver Disease. I had quit once before, and knew how hard it was to quit cold turkey. My doctor gave me a 1 month supply, and before 3 weeks was over, I was DONE!!! No more smoking.
            Smoke free since 3/4/2010.

• 10 Minutes

NEVER THOUGHT ID QUIT, UNTIL CHANTIX

from LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Good Value

Cons

• NAUSEA

Comments about Chantix:

I STARTED CHANTIX BECAUSE MY BOYFRIEND HATED THAT I SMOKED CIGGARETTES. I PROMISED HIM I WOULD STOP, EVEN THOUGH I ENJOYED THEM. I KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO KILL ME SO I ASKED MY DOCTOR FOR CHANTIX. STARTED TAKING THEM ON A MONDAY AND HAD MY LAST CIGG. 8 DAYS LATER. I DIDNT EVEN WANT TO STOP SMOKING, BUT THIS DRUG MADE IT SO EASY TO JUST STOP. I DEF STILL GOT CRAVINGS HERE AND THERE BUT NOT ANYWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS WHEN I TRIED COLD TURKEY (DIDNT EVEN LAST 8 HOURS) ....ITS WEEK 3 AND IM STILL TAKING CHANTIX AND I FEEL AS THOUGH I COULD JUST STOP TAKING THE MEDICINE AND NEVER SMOKE AGAIN, BUT SCARED I MIGHT GO BACK. SO IM GOING TO STAY ON THE MEDS FOR ANOTHER MONTH AND HOPE I NEVER GO BACK. CHANTIX DEF SAVED MY LIFE AND WORKS AMAZING. ITS KIND OF SCARY HOW I NO LONGER HAVE ANY DESIRE TO SMOKE. THE ONLY SIDE EFFECT I GOT WAS NAUSEA WHEN I DIDNT EAT FOOD BEFORE TAKING IT. DEF RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO STOP SMOKING FOR GOOD!

• 30 Minutes

I never thought this could help ME!

from Richmond,Va

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective

Cons

• Get through first two days of nausea.

Comments about Chantix:

I was a pack and half smoker for 21 yrs. I enjoyed smoking. Only because my insurance paid for Chantix and I could smoke the first week while on it,did I agree to TRY . After getting through the first two days of nausea, I found myself wanting and needing less cigarettes. I made sure I took it as instructed, you know to say I tried. Before I even finished the medication, I wasn't smoking!! I didn't even want one. To this day, I shocked myself. I never would have believed, I stopped smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You Chantix!!

from Anchorage, AK

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Good Value
            • Lightweight
            • Smells Great

Comments about Chantix:

I am so glad I chose Chantix to quit smoking.

It works

Comments about Chantix:

This product does work but you cannot do it alone, you have to be ready to quit and have a great support system in place.

I took this product twice, the first time I quit for 18 months, and the second time I am 6 months smoke free but this time I can be around other smokers and I can move past the desire to smoke.

If you can remember to take this twice a day first with the starter pack and then with the maintenance pack they this can work for you.

Side Effects
                I have heard many different stories about this that at first I wad hesitant to use it. I joke that I guess i was crazy already because that was not a side effect for me.

Immediacy
                If you follow the quit plan you set up and you desire to quit is big then you will do fine. Before I quit I made sure to stop with my routine smoking like after meals, my morning coffee etc.. Pick you hardest time and adjust them by doing something else. Cutting back helps to. Bottom line if you want it to work it will.

Dosage Control
                Take in the morning and at bedtime should work depending on how long you are awake may make a difference.

• Dosage Control:

If I had stuck with it I'm sure it would have continued to work

Comments about Chantix:

I had been smoking for about ten years and my husband and I were talking about starting a family so I was really motivated to quit when I went to my Dr to ask about Chantix. Like I'm sure every other Dr on earth he warned me that there were side effects, which affect different people to different degrees, but that as far as he was concerned the benefits of quitting far outweighed the risks of side effects associated with Chantix. My insurance company covered it and even gave me my first month supply for free so I was all set to go. My Dr prescribed the dose where you start with a lower dose of the medicine and gradually increase the dose over the first week or so. I'm not sure but I wonder if this is why I had fewer side effects than other people I know who started with the full dose right away. A friend who had taken Chantix (and quit smoking) gave me a great piece of advice for dealing with the side effect I did experience. I definitely had more vivid dreams, not bad dreams, jut the dreams I had were MUCH more "real". My friend had said that when I had one I would wake up and I should just remind myself that it was the Chantix and I would go right back to sleep. She was right! After the first two weeks on the Chantix I found that the urge to smoke was basically gone. I honestly think that I would have stopped smoking for good with the Chantix but in the fourth week I was on it we found out that we were pregnant and my Dr and I agreed that I should stop taking the Chantix. Pregnancy may be the only thing on earth more effective at encouraging quitting than Chantix!

• Dosage Control:

I stopped smoking in about a month!

Comments about Chantix:

I was sick of being chained to cigarettes and waking up coughing. I'd been smoking heavily for about 15 years. I tried Chantix and it worked. I set my quit date and thought, ok if I really am dying to smoke I'll just put off my quit day for one more day. But the next thing I knew I had been smoke free for 2 months. This really works.

If you try, this WILL work for you. Very rarely I'd find myself with a brief feeling of wanting a cigarette. I'd think well if I still want one in 30 minute I'll go smoke, then it was like I would totally forget about cigarettes for weeks at a time.

Very easy to use.

Side Effects
                The only side effect I had was some very vivid and very wild dreams. Not nightmares or anything like some people I know who took this, just very realistic and strange.

Immediacy
                I'd say withing the first week even before my quit date, I was smoking less. After my quit date, I barely thought of them at all. There were still the habits though. Like finding myself leaving to go somewhere and searching for 10 minutes through my house and realize I had been looking for cigarettes to take with me, then realizing I don't smoke anymore. Driving and feeling around in the car for something and realizing I was looking for cigarettes and realizing, I haven't smoked in over a year, why am I looking for them?

Dosage Control