3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Dosage Control:

Commit Lozenges Helps You Quit Smoking.

It was about a year ago, as I write this, that I had my last cigarette. I went in with a game plan, this may or may not work for you, but I will explain it nonetheless.

When I was ready to quit, fed up with going outside all the time, the coughing, the crutch that is smoking I set a date, and quit. Cold Turkey.

Now I knew I wasn't going to do this cold turkey going in, I had always planned on using a smoking cessation product. I quit, on my quit date, cold turkey and I went 2 days before I started needing that cigarette. I was able to hold out another 24 hours. On the third day I broke down and got some nicotine.

I went to the store and bought Commit. Cherry 2mg. The package said that if you wake up and need a cigarette get 4mg, if you have your first cigarette an hour after waking up (or so) get 2mg. According to the suggestion I got the 2mg. I was popping these things left and right. They tasted good, and the gave me a small jolt of nicotine... but it wasn't enough.

With my first week down, I went back and got Commit Cherry 4mg. These still had that great cherry taste, but it had a little burn to it, and it was a good burn. I began to equate the burn with nicotine.

The best part of using the lozenges is that when I had a nic fit I could pop a lozenge and stop it. I had control. Yes it is a psychological game, but that's what you have to do to break the addiction.

I used Commit for the three months it suggested. I did not however do the step down. After 6 weeks, I started cutting the logenzes in half, more to save money that anything else. But once my three months were up, and my sticker on the calendar told me I was an ex-smoker, I finished the remaining lozenges and called it a day.

I had a little withdrawal issues after going cold turkey off Commit, but it was only for a couple days and no where near the level that it was coming off cigarettes.

The funny thing is that I do not crave, nor want a cigarette after 1 year, I do on the other hand yearn for a Commit. And from time to time, I'll buy some.

Tried and Failed

Alright, This is the first product I tried, I quickly learned it wouldn't work for me so I quit using it.  The important thing to di when quitting smoking is to understand where it comes from.  yes it's a nicotine addiction true but more so for me it is an oral fetish.  So I had to do some different things while processing the quitting.  Losenges didn't work for me

Best decision I have ever made.

from Coeur d Alene Idaho

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective

Cons

• Poor Texture

• Daily Use

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

I quit chewing tobacco. I started chewing at age 12. I'm now 52 and tobacco free for 12 years. This product works! You must follow the directions to the tee.
Best decision I have ever made. Dm

• My Beauty Routine Takes:
  • 30 Minutes

It has a horrible taste.

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

I tried these hoping they would help me quit smoking however all it did was leave a bad taste in my mouth. I could not get passed the bad taste, it was like licking an ashtray. It did not work to help me quit smoking, but instead caused me to get sick. I ended up spending all morning hovering over the toilet and the stress just made me want a cigarette more! I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy.

It is hard to be effective when you cannot stand the taste to the point you keep gagging every time you try the product.

It is simple to use, simply put it in your mouth.

Side Effects
This product caused me to have an uncontrollable urge to vomit. After taking the Commit lozenges, I was quite committed to vomiting. I am willing to deal with some side effects in my attempt to quit smoking, but the constant need to vomit is not a side effect I am willing to subject my body to just to quit a habit.

Immediacy
I did not notice any effect on my desire for nicotine. The only thing this product managed to accomplish was to cause me to feel miserable and sick.

Dosage Control
I am not sure if they just forget to add good taste to the product or if the dosage was extremely high.

A nicotine replacement indeed

A good product.

Dosage Control
The product works instantly. Open the package, pop a lozenge and right away you get you nicotine. However, using a strange flavored lozenge to get your nicotine take some getting used to. Yes, the flavor will be strange. It's really hard to get used to the lozenges. But, they might be for you who knows!

• Dosage Control:

One piece of the quiting puzzle!

from Kingston, GA

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

I smoked for 27 years. **I have been smoke free for** 2268 days, My husband still smokes but I knew I had to do it for me and not for anyone else. These lozenges were a piece of the quitting puzzle I couldn't have gone without these by my side for the first couple of weeks. The patches made me sick and didn't stop my cravings. I started with a plan, set a date without anything planned and avoided all "normal" smoking activities such as driving or even going outside for a couple of days. After about the third day, I was able to start coping with life again. I was able to step down fairly quickly (within a week or two) as much of "my" personal addiction was mental and habitual.  I only tried to quit one other time half heartedly and knew I didn't want to be a perpetual quitter. Once I got my mind set that this was it, it made things easier. The nicotene withdrawals were easily dealt with using the Commit Lozenges, the mental issues were dealt with by regular support from Quitnet.com. Set your date. It is time to quit now!

• Dosage Control:

Commit Lozenges are a great tool to quit smoking

from Hanover, PA

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

I have been using Commit / Nicorette lozenges for the past two and a half months to quit smoking.  I have one more box to go before completely quitting (fingers crossed).  It has been easier so far than I expected using these lozenges.  I have smoked for 30 years and have tried to quit several times.  I do still want cigarettes but it is more of an annoying nag than the intense desire for them that accompanied using nicotrol inhalers to quit.  I also have not experienced the depression that went along with other quitting tools.  I have used both the larger and the mini lozenges.  I prefer the larger and for that reason have switched to the mini's at this point to remove some of my enjoyment as it is becoming time to stop using anything.  I would like to mention that they do seem to cause hiccups quite often which is very annoying.  A big plus to using these is that I feel it may be possible to switch from these to regular mints as a final step.  If necessary maybe adding a low level patch with the regular mints then removing the patch after a short period.  I have found that quitting smoking is all about changing the habits that accompany.  Keep in mind the lozenges themselves become a habit so plan a good substitution to withdraw from them.

Maybe too good. It's ease to switch addictions from cigarettes to the lozenges.

Much easier to find a place to suck on a lozenge than it is to find a place to smoke a cigarette.

Side Effects
Can cause gas if you swallow too much.

Immediacy
Took cravings away quickly.

Dosage Control
It would be easy to use too many.

Stop smoking in style

from El Cajon, CA

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

Whe it has taken me 20 years to quit but I finally did it. I quit smoking. I've tried evey device known to man and nothing worked. Then I found **Commit Lozenges. They worked like a charm. I would wake up and just have a massive craving for a ciggerette. It was what I did even before I opened my eyes. Well now I just pop one of these lozeges and bam the craving started to go away imedeatly. The craving started going away. They take about 15 minutes to desolve. After they are all desolved the feeling of needing a cigerette is totaly gone. Even the idea of have a cig at this point almost makes me sick. Also the taste was great. I have tried all the flovors and this one was the best. If it wasn't for these things I'll still be smoking to this day. If anything give it a shot. What do you have to loss, except the eardge to smoke, God willing. The don't even cost that much. there are always coupons online and in the sunday paper clipables and target has them for the lowest price around.**

COMMIT HELPED ME QUIt!!

from Pacific Grove, CA

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

I used Commit Lozenges for about a month. They did help me quit smoking, but I did not care for the taste. They are just so strong!! The first time I tried one, I had not read the directions, and I chewed it instead of letting it dissolve in my mouth. Upon chewing it, the taste was rather disgusting... It actually tasted a bit like a dirty ashtray and nearly made me throw up. This happened in front of people I had told I had already stopped smoking, so needless to say, it was pretty embarassing. Upon using them correctly, they definitely did kill my craving for a cigarette, but I just never came to really like the strong taste of the lozenges. I switched to Nicorette Gum and was much happier with the product, but I do have to credit this product with helping me to stop smoking, as it was the first product I used in my attempt. Just remember... The main ingredient to stopping smoking is your determination, no matter what product you are using to help you. If you are not committed to quit smoking, there is no magic product out there that will be able to make you stop until you are ready to make that change for yourself, your family, and your health.

Commit Lozenges Are a Cleaner Fix

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

Commit Lozenges are supposed to be a good aid to quitting smoking, and I'm sure that nicotice in this form is probably much, much heathier than putting a noxious burning weed into your lungs, but for me the "hit" didn't really replace the usual nicotine effect much more than regular hard candy, which is maybe ten percent of the price of the lozenges. I really came to detest the taste of these lozenges even though nicotine itself was a very small part of the lozenge. I really have no idea why these are not better tasting, especially considering their very high cost. I have had friends who found Commit lozenges a good help in their effort to quit smoking, and it was on their recommendation that I gave them a try. Maybe I just have a weird metabolism, but they really have not done much to quell my cravings. They do come with a program of support and not just a box of lozenges, but that really isn't for me.

Best way for me

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

Commit lozenges allows me to control the nicotine I receive. Unlike nicotine patches that keep a constant level of nicotine in your bloodstream, the lozenges allow me to use them as needed. If I'm having a tough day, I may use more or on a good day, less. I find that I am able to taper off my nicotine addiction at my own pace.

Commit helps. Period.

from West Chester, PA

Comments about Commit Lozenges by Nicorette:

After 40 years of smoking and really enjoying it, I didn't think anything would really help. Commit did. The support network that goes along with it is a bonus - you can use it as much or as little as you need.

The flavor was good, and it got me through the first cravings. It was innocuous and kept the fact that I was trying to quit quiet - after all, it is your decision, you don't need to advertise it.

I'd used some other aids, but Commit worked the best. It tasted good, and didn't seem to just replace the nicotine, but actually was working to replace the behaviour. After a month, I could go a day without anything - but it was there if I needed it. I actually still have a few left after a year of not smoking. Just in case.

The package is a little odd, and the round dispensor can be a little hard to get into - good that it doesn't let kids get into it easily, but it also foils adults or anyone who doesn't quite have the dexterity. But the product works and the extras - like the support network are bonuses!