3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Dosage Control:

NicoDerm CQ patchs are the best way to quit smoking!

Nicoderm CQ patches are in my opinion the best way to stop smoking.  After smoking for almost 30 years, I was able to finally quit by using the NicoDerm patches.  They really kill the cravings and allow your body to slowly adjust to the new nicotine level slowly over a period of time before you go to the next step, which is an even lower level of nicotine. Each step of the program lasts four to six weeks to help your body slowly wean from nicotine.  You should make sure you are truly comfortable at one stage before going to the next one.  That will improve your chance of success. I actually stayed on Step 2 for about eight weeks before I felt sure I was ready to make that next step. The first couple of weeks using the patches were the hardest for me as I had to adjust to not having an actual cigarette in my hand, but holding an ink pen helped. They also offer you many great tips to help you change your routine so that you don't think about the fact that you don't have a cigarette. I say that if you really want to quit smoking, then this is the product for you.

NicoDerm CQ could work

After 40+ years of smoking and not being able to quit on my own I decided to try the NIcoDerm CQ when I had found a good coupon and it was on sale. My thought was it was a fourth of the cost of my weeks worth of cigarettes. Very shortly after applying the patch the area under it started to burn and itch just as it stated in the directions. The only problem is that it just dose not last for a hour like they said it continues the whole time you are wearing the patch and then for several hours after you remove it. I found out very quickly that you cannot wear it at night. In fact it needs to be removed several hours before you retire for the night. The first week I wore one around the clock because my urge to smoke was so strong. The night mares were really something else. By the end of the first week I was exhausted from them. For me this was not a good thing. I have always found myself smoking more when I would get really tired. So the second week is when I started to remove it about three hours before bedtime. It did not completely stop the night mares, but I was not as exhausted as the previous week. By the end of the second week I had to stop wearing the patches all together. I now had red square patches swollen up on both arms that would not stop itching. It took two weeks for all of them to heal and stop itching. I think if I could have continued to wear the patches it would have worked. I had gotten down to two cigarettes a day. I now find myself starting to increase my smoking again. I am back up to seven to ten a day. Still better than the pack + a day before. Hope to try the patches again.

work very well

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

I smoked for a long time and tried to stop many times, but really not much luck was on my own. I noticed some stories to try to quit. My husband bought the patch for me to try, and I was very impressed with the fact that I do not really smoke feel the need to have a cigarette. This took about 17 days. Then I realized that my eyes were red all day, so I could see in my eyes dilated small vessels. Then one night, when I started the patch on my thigh (unavailability) itching more than usual. If the patch is removed the stain was swollen and very red, and burned and ached. My doctor diagnosed me with more use and I allergic to adhesive.

• Dosage Control:

Very helpful in quitting smoking

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

I am an awful wreck without cigarettes and tried to go it alone but it was very hard cold turkey. I bought these from Rite Aid on sale and I'm so glad I did! I've been smoke free for months now and feel so much better! I wasn't feeling the cravings so bad like I usually do and was able to get through stress without a lot of the emotional stuff.

• Dosage Control:

you simply transfer dependency from one item to another

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

I bought the nicoderm cq smoking cessation aid patch in an attempt to quit smoking due to the costs of cigarettes and for health reasons as well. I put the first patch on and though the first day was slightly rough it was not nearly as bad as when I tried to quit cold turkey. I continued to wear them and began to think of myself as a nonsmoker...until I took the patches off to go to step two. I became a horrible person with mood swings, you see the thing about the patch is it works because it GIVES you nicotine so you are still getting it into your system which means every single time you go through another of their 'steps' its a shock to your system. It also gives red marks on your body which are so not attractive at all! It is not worth the money folks. the only way your truly going to quit smoking is the hard way.

IT seems to work but once you get done with step one you realize you really just transferred the addiction of a cigarette for an addiction of a patch. You really are not rid of nicotine or your dependency upon it.

pretty easy to use.

Side Effects
I got red marks and rashes from this product.

• Dosage Control:

...The little extra help you need.

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

I tried to quit cold turkey but had a lot of trouble. This product diminished the withdrawal symptoms.

Helped calm down my cravings. The downside is that I started to actually enjoy and look forward to putting on a fresh patch. They also have a website that works in conjunction with the patch. it actually helped a lot

Just peel off the back and stick it on. I'm just glad I'm not a hairy guy.

Side Effects
It gets kind of itchy for the first forty five minutes. After that it was fine.

Really tough on skin

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

I'm four weeks in and although the patch controls cravings, I'm going to have to stop using it because its tearing up my skin. When I remove a patch, the skin under neath becomes red, swollen, warm and itches like crazy. I've never had any allergies, so this is new. What's bad is not being able to complete the program. The Nicoderm site is less than helpful. I can't even get a read on whether I'm allergic to the plastic or the adhesive or why my skin blows up only after the patch is removed. I guess I should have gone cold turkey.

Can't be effective if I can't complete the program

It's a skin patch and its devastating my skin

Side Effects
After patch removal, skin swells, turns red and warm and itches like crazy -- only after I remove the patch. I've tried washing the area, using antihistamines, even heating pad and ice. Nothing works, and I can't obtain good info on what I might be allergic to in order to seek out another product.

Immediacy
The patch helps a lot with cravings, but again if one can't complete the program, money has been wasted.

Dosage Control
Not as great as I expected, but ok

• Dosage Control:

Helped take the edge off

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

Definately helped curb cravings. I was less edgy and easier to be around while trying to stop smoking. It offered a lot of help in stopping smoking with minimal side effects.

It definately easier to stop smoking. It helped curve my cravings and I felt a lot let panicky when not smoking. I was able to stop smoking after smoking ~ 1/2 a pack a day for 6 years.

It was easy to put on and forget. However, it would have been easier to quit smoking if it was ok to smoke occasionally while wearing the patch instead of having to quit "cold turkey".

Side Effects
The side effects weren't great, but were manageable. I had really strange, vivid dreams. There was also localized itching at the site of application. The adhesive also left dirty/sticky patches on my skin.

Immediacy
It did well offering Pretty quick releif from cravings. It was not as immediate as the results from gum or lozenges, but it was fairly quick.

Dosage Control
It offered craving control throughout whole day.

• Dosage Control:

Not for those w/ senstive skin or allergies

from Toledo, OH

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

After talking w/ my doctor on a way to quit smoking, he recommended that patch. So with coupons in hand I bought the step one box. The first several days where like torture. My skin burned like it was on fire anywhere the patch touched-including my finertips. Sleep was next to impossible to between the horrifiying dreams and waking up to a world that was spinning. I tried to live with these effects for about a week, but couldn't take it anymore. The angry red patches on my arms, lack of sleep and nausea where to much to bare. Aside from being to sensitive to use it, it never once curbed my cravings. I didn't smoke because I thought it would be a bad idea to wear the patch and smoke, but not because it did anything for the withdraws.

Did not curb cravings

If you've ever put a sticker on, you can do this.

Side Effects
Horrifying dreams, sence of verigo, burning, angry red patches where ever you put the patch

• Dosage Control:

Great product to aid in quitting smoking!

from Merriam, KS

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

I would never have been able to quit with the patch. I've found that NicoDerm CQ is many times better than a generic brand. If its not used properly it can cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and nightmares or very vivid dreams. As long as your skin is not too sensitive, mild itching is totally worth quitting. It realy helps to take a lot of the edge off when quitting, but its not meant to do all the work.

NicoDerm CQ Provides a Constant Dose

from Stockton, CA

Comments about NicoDerm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid Patch:

I have tried gums and lozenges in my efforts to quit smoking, and they really did not provide a lot of help to me, even though some of my friends credit them with a helping them quit. The thing I like about the NicoDerm patch is that I seem to get a much longer-lasting curbing of my craving for a cigarette. The constant dose is, for me, more effective than some kind of oral nicotine. Like the other products in this category, NicoDerm is, in my opinion, way overpriced, but if you want to quit smoking, you probably are willing to pay most any price to succeed. So far I am still smoking but I have cut my cigarette consumption almost in half, and I seem to have a lot more will power to resist lighting up to combat stress through the day. My next step is to cut my cigarette consumption to a quarter of my old routine, and then ultimately to get off the patch as well. And in a way the expense of the patch is further incentive to quit smoking.

NicoDerm CQ could work