3.6
F1060
Black & Decker Steam Advantage Iron

Black & Decker Steam Advantage Iron

3.6

One of the best irons we have ever owned!

from Newport News, VA

Comments about Black & Decker Steam Advantage Iron:

We decided to purchase this iron after our old one started to wear out. I really like the ease of use with this iron. I also like the auto shut off safety feature. I have used this iron on lots of different clothing materials & have not had any issues with it yet.

• Safety:

I like this!

from Lancaster, PA

Comments about Black & Decker Steam Advantage Iron:

I've had this iron since we got married 6 years ago and it has held up well. I don't iron a lot- maybe a couple of times a month. This iron is easy to use, steams well, has a good temp and overall does a great job. I like too that it has the safety feature of going off if you leave it on for a while without using it. Sure has saved me several times! The only complaint I have is that it is hard to put the water into the compartment if you want steam.

• Safety:

does the job, not heavy, but gets quite a bit of buildup

from Somerville, MA

Comments about Black & Decker Steam Advantage Iron:

a big pro in my book: this iron is affordable. we got ours for 20-something and it has been working great. steams, irons, selector works great. has auto shut off so if you leave the iron plugged and on and head off to work or school (been there, done that) you won't have to worry about the house burning down. if left on its side, the soleplate will leave a nasty burn mark on carpet or bedsheet within just a few seconds, but if left plugged in upright, the iron shuts off in a few minutes. it heats up fast and isn't obscenely heavy even when filled with water. however for me the weight of the iron is both a plus and a minus. ironing after a short night of sleep on a cold wintry day and you'll be glad you don't have to summon the energy to lift and drag a heavy iron over your clothes to keep them from burning. but try ironing a wrinkled linen jacket or pair of pants or suit or skirt or anything linen for that matter and this light weight iron - even with steam - asks a lot of work of you. not fun. also unpleasant is the buildup from the water and dryer sheet residue on clothes: the invisible buildup blackens as the iron heats up and then that black stuff is super tough to get off. all in all, you get what you pay for here.

Great iron

from Miami, FL

Comments about Black & Decker Steam Advantage Iron:

The Black & Decker Steam Advantage F1060 Iron is the best iron that a person could purchase. I love the way that this iron is easy to manage and gives my clothes a great overall look after I am finished with it. The Black &Decker name is a strong brand and they really tend to put out great products. I will look out for other great products from them in the future as they have my support in giving me such a good iron. My previous irons were not well made and broke down on me after a short while and I am happy that I no longer have to go through all those problems and headaches anymore. I love the fact that this iron is really light as some of the other irons that I had owned in the past were ridiculously heavy and impractical. I had spent a good amount of money on my other irons only to find out that they were no good. I feel that this Black & Decker iron is reasonably priced because you will be getting a good quality product for the price.

The Black & Decker iron will smooth out your wrinkles

from Harvard Il

Comments about Black & Decker Steam Advantage Iron:

I received the Black & Decker home steam advantage iron as a gift last year.  I don't use it everyday but when I do use it for crafts, such as quilting, it definitely does the job.  I'm not too fond of the fabric select dial as it is very stiff and difficult to turn.  The placement of the heat settings are on the bottom of the iron and make it inconvenient to use, but the three way auto shut-off is a nice feature that turns the iron off after inactivity.  I like how smoothly it glides over the material thanks to the INOX stainless soleplate that resists buildup and corrosion.  It is very light weight and has a comfort grip handle for easy handling.  The anti slip, rubberized heel provides stability to keep the iron from easily tipping over.  This iron can be used to steam out wrinkles as well, but I have not yet used this feature of my iron.  The auto clean button is another good feature of this iron.  This definitely isn't the best iron on the market, but it will smooth out your wrinkles.