Other Vacuums:

Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Tired of dirty carpets - ProHeat2X helps you keep them clean

The **Bissell ProHeat 2X** a version of the **9200** is a powerful carpet deep cleaner.  Minor assembly is required prior to use.  Built in heater feature can heat water 25 degrees hotter to improve cleaning efficiency.  Dual brushes cleans deep down dirt.  Automatically mixes cleaner and water based on one of 4 setting: water, light, medium, heavy.  Hand attachment allows you to clean upholstery or stairs.

For me a spot cleaner would not do the trick - I need the big machine.  My house is a disaster waiting to happen - white carpets, an active 3 year old, and 2 cats.  To make matters worse, my cat decided to turn the back corner of my hall into her personal litter box.  I had to get the carpets cleaned.  Instead of hiring this out or renting equipment again, I bought the **Bissell ProHeat 2X** when it was on sale and the store had 15% discount on purchases.

The **Bissell ProHeat 2X** carpet deep cleaner was easy to put together.  The carrying handle makes manageable to carry it on stairs - no big cleaner like this is easy to carry in my book.  Of course the cleaner and the water never run out at the same time and you have to keep dumping the dirty water but the end result is I have clean carpets.  Because it is fairly easy to use I will get it out for touch-ups so the carpets in addition to periodic cleanings.  The hand attachment works well on stairs.  Although the nozzle has a long reach it is not long enough to go all the way down the stairs.  You have to clean halfway down and then carry the machine downstairs to do the remainder of the steps.  I have also used the attachment on upholstery with good results.  My carpets are definitely cleaner because of the **Bissell ProHeat 2X**.

Do not waste your money.

My view on this steam cleaner is that if I had the choice again, I would not purchase it. It is a total waste of money. I would have been better off renting a steam cleaner when I needed it. I purchased this with a gift card and did not use it for almost a year after the first purchase. My sister was moving and needed her apartment's carpet steam cleaned, so I volunteered mine. I went over to help her and my steam cleaner stopped working after the FIRST USE. I was almost finished with her apartment and the whole thing just shut off. The worst thing was that the warranty was expired because it was only good for a year. So, I could not return the product or get a new one. I was stuck with a steam cleaner that barely worked for one use and I could do nothing about it. I was very unhappy. I would never purchase a steam cleaner from Bissell ever again. I have not had trouble with their other vacuum products, but this is one that I would not recommend.

Bissell ProHeat 2x Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

We bought this for my mother in law because she had asked for it for Christmas. Well I borrowed it to clean my carpets, furniture, and my cars carpet and seats. I fell in love with it, so I had to go out and buy my own. It really gets down and sucks out all the dirt, when I was emptying the water I was disgusted it looked like mud. I never realized how dirty everything was until after I used this carpet cleaner. I have three kids and the carpet was in our house when we moved in and it was horrible, after I used the Bissell ProHeat 2x Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner a couple of times the carpet looked new again and it is a very light tan color so that is saying something. I would recommend this machine to anyone that wants the best clean that they can get.

Maneuverability
It glides easily over the carpets but still has amazing suction power. I was able to use the attachments and clean the furniture, the stairs, and the entire inside of my vehicle. The carpet cleaner itself is not to heavy for me to carry up and down the stairs and in and out of the house.

Ease of Maintenance
The Bissell ProHeat 2x Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner was very simple to use. There is a separate compartment for the clean and dirty water as well as a separate compartment for the cleaner. It was easy to use and easy to clean up after I was finished with it. The handles were the perfect size and made it easier to lift up the water compartments. I have had other carpet cleaners that were a pain to take a part and put back together and with this one my kids can do it.

Suction Performance
The suction power with the Bissell ProHeat 2x Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner is amazing. It sucked so much dirt and grime out of everything that I used it on, dirt that I didn't even know was there because it didn't look that dirty. I didn't have to wait for days to sit on the furniture or walk on the carpet, everything was dry by the next day.

Versatility
I can use the Bissell ProHeat 2x Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner on my carpets, on my furniture, in my vehicle, on the stairs, and everywhere I tried to use it. It cleans carpets, furniture and even my kitchen floor which is stone.

The Bissell ProHeat 2x Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner is designed perfectly. Everything has its own spot and its easy to take apart and put everything back together. Its not to heavy or to bulky like some other machines I have used in the past.

I have had the Bissell ProHeat 2x Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner for a couple of years now and its still holding up great. My son knocked it down the steps by accident and it didn't break to pieces. If it can handle my household it can handle anything.

Do not waste your money.

from lakeland, florida

Affordable Carpet Cleaner

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

Having two dogs in the house is sometimes a smelly situation. This carpet cleaner is superb! It is lightweight enough that it does not hurt your back to push it back and forth. It comes with easy instructions. It is very easy to take apart to clean. It pulls up most of the water from the carpet making drying time much less than the carpet cleaners you rent.

• Versatility:

Buy the cleaner without the heat option.

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

I was amazed at how well this machine cleaned and vacumned up soiled water, then after a few uses the spraying stopped.

Maneuverability
Easy to use, lightweight.

Great suction

Versatility
Easy to switch from floor to upholstery tools.

Poor. Stopped spraying after a few uses. Read up on it, and read problems with heater causing sediment that blocked the water flow. Could not get screws out to repair. I would buy a model with out the heat option.

Stopped spraying water after a few uses.

Great product!

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

My husband just bought me this recently and I love it. I have pets and this comes in real handy due to accidents that they may have in the house. It is also great for just everyday traffic throughout my house. It is extremely easy to use and it does a great job. This product is much easier to clean than some of the older steam cleaners which is great because it does not smell bad like some can if you can not clean them completely. Certainly recommend this product.

Maneuverability
It is a little heavy so it can get tiring to push back and forth but it does maneuver fairly easily when you have to move to different areas.

Suction Performance
It does a great job with suction because when you wet the floor there is not a ton of dampness left after you walk over it so you know that it is sucking the water up correctly.

The design makes it easy to clean but the weight of it can be a bit much sometimes especially if you have to tote it up and down stairs.

• Versatility:

Deep Cleans, Like it Says (For the Most Part)

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

The Bissell ProHeat Upright Carpet Cleaner works wonders. It really deep cleans the carpet. It is amazing to see how dirty the water is after using it -- even in a house where we vacuum regularly and do not wear our shoes in the house! In general, the Bissell ProHeat Carpet Cleaner is able to get certain stains out of the carpet that other carpet products/stain removers cannot. In this regard, it is really great. This was especially true when the Bissell ProHeat Carpet Cleaner was new. Now, about a year or two after purchasing it, it does not work as well. There are stains that it is not able to take out of the carpet. But using it is still better than not! There are some other things to be aware of, namely that it is generally heavy, takes up a lot of closet space and that it constantly needs to be emptied and refilled. With this said, I would still recommend the product.

• Versatility:

Great personal carpet cleaner.

from 300466237

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

When the company where I used to rent a professional carpet cleaning unit closed I decided to purchase a personal carpet cleaning unit. After reading lots of reviews I decided that I wanted a carpet cleaner with powerful suction, a rotating brush and the ability to keep the water steamy hot. This Bissell has been a good purchase.

Maneuverability
My unit is bulky as a whole, but does come apart from the handle to create a smaller unit which is easy to carry and use, even when cleaning stairs and furniture. My Bissell is like two units in one. I do feel that the small brush of the removable portion allows you to get into tiny spaces and it seems to clean better than the complete unit.

Ease of Maintenance
It is possible to take the base apart and clean the unit for maintenance reasons, but you need a screwdriver and a lot of patience. I borrowed a different unit from a relative who honestly thought her unit was broken, but after some careful cleaning I got her carpet cleaner to work like new. Cleaning your personal carpet cleaner is extremely important. Imagine the disgusting germs that can grow inside a carpet cleaner that isn't kept clean.

Suction Performance
With a lot of patience you can suction out almost all of the water and soap residue that you put into your carpet. It does take patience though. A rush job will not get you the desired results and the carpet will stay damp for days if you don't take the time to suction out the residue.

Versatility
If you get a Bissell that can be transformed into a smaller cleaning unit then it is versatile, so take the time to examine the cleaner before you buy the unit.

My unit if not ugly, but it is bulky. Fortunately, the design is built to perform, so it has a great handle with an easy to reach spray button and adjustable tilt option.

I have only had my unit for a couple of years, but I do keep it clean so it will work like new.

• Versatility:

Comparable to the professional cleaners

from Boise, ID

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

We purchased this deep carpet cleaner with the intent to clean homes as a business. We had heard good things about it, and they proved to be true. It is very easy to use, inexpensive to purchase the product that helps clean and its not super heavy to push around. It leaves the carpets a little bit damp, but nothing compared to if you got them professionally cleaned. I was very happy with the results.

Maneuverability
It's not as light as a normal vacuum, but definitely movable

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to clean. You just detach the lower portion with the dirty water and empty it out. Rinse it off, and you're good to go for next time.

Suction Performance
I haven't had a complaint yet with it missing anything

I love how it is designed. Easy to unload the dirty water, just as easy to put back the clean product. Easy to push, all your add ons are stored right there on the vacuum.

I've only had this for 5 months and it's going strong.

• Versatility:

My carpets look brand new again.

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

I use to get my carpets professionally cleaned yearly. I moved into a bigger home and I could no longer afford the professional yearly cleaning bills. I decided to purchase this deep cleaner and I was amazed at the results. It was easy to move, easy to fill, easy to empty and easy to clean out when I was done. It got my carpets looking brand new again. I'm glad I made this purchase and it paid for itself after one use. Now I can clean my carpets more often and not have the huge price tag to go with it. It's also great to have around for those "accident" moments. Before I use to have to clean the "accidents" by hand and then wait for my yearly cleaning to get the spot deep cleaned. Now I just take out my cleaner when ever there is an accident and clean the spot right away.

• Versatility:

Great pduct and easy to use.

from Odessa, MO

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner:

This is a great product . I bought because we have 3 kids ages 13 , 4, and 2 and an auto tech hubby so I'm sure it goes without saying that things can get very messy at times. We have dirt , motor oil, food , and even had one child get sick on the carpet. All it takes is one time over with shampoo and one time to rinse and your done. Carpet smells great and looks brand new ! So easy to use my 13 year old actually likes to shampoo . Would highly recommend ....

Maneuverability
Light weight , easy to lift and move.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to take apart and clean.

Suction Performance
Great suction! Doesn't take the carpet long to dry afterwards because the suction is so good.

Versatility
We had a flood and it worked great on kitchen floor as well as on the carpet.

Good design makes it easy to use.

Our kids can be a bit rough and this product takes the abuse very well and works just as great as when I first bought it 3 & 1/2 years ago.