2.7
Bender Exercise Ball

Bender Exercise Ball

2.7

Holy shaking abs batman

This little gadget is great.  The video shows how to do the exercises in a very quick and simple manner.  The workouts are short and still result in a stronger and flatter...Read complete review

This little gadget is great.  The video shows how to do the exercises in a very quick and simple manner.  The workouts are short and still result in a stronger and flatter belly.

I have broken my pelvis and because of this I've developed some lower back issues.  This ball makes it possible for me to do crunches with a much wider range of motion than before, WITHOUT pain.  And because it's smaller than a traditional exercise ball it works your muscles much more intensly.

I have tried many different gadgets and workouts to tone and flatten my belly, this is the best.

Killer abs? You may FEEL like you died after doing this workout.

***Quick View: ***When I ordered my[ Crunchless Abs DVDs][1] , I was offered **The Bender Method of Core Training DVD and Ball** for an extra 10 bucks so I said sure, why not? I never really stopped to think that I was ordering a crunchless program because crunches hurt my neck. Still, this method works pretty well but it isn't all that special. You could easily do the same exercises with any small inflatable ball.**About The Bender Method of Core Training DVD and Ball**The makers claim that using the **Bender Ball** makes crunches 408% more effective than regular crunches. If that were true, I would only have to do one a day and be done with it. The ball is flimsy. It needs to be inflated with a pump or straw and it's fairly hard to get it inflated the right amount.After I got the ball inflated, I tried the DVD. The one included for the 10 bucks is the instruction one and it has three levels of difficulty - beginner, intermediate, and advanced. The beginner section is only three minutes long, the intermediate is five minutes long, and the advanced is six minutes long. The exercises are very traditional crunches. (Why Crunchless Abs was selling a traditional crunch program, I do not know.)I do have a neck injury and shy away from anything that pulls on my neck, notably crunches so I was stupid to try this but I had to know if it was the miracle it claimed to be. Make no mistake about it, you WILL feel the exercises. With the ball under your lower back, your upper body doesn't lie flat but sort of bends backwards over the ball. Doing a crunch from that position is HARD. It's really hard! But, if you want great abs, you do have to work hard. (And do cardio to get rid of the fat that covers the abs.)I got another DVD called **Buns and Thighs for the Bender Ball** that works the lower body and I enjoy that way more. This workout uses the ball in a variety of ways (between the knees, etc.) and is 22 minutes long. I continue to do that workout but I don't do the abs one because the pain in my neck (No, not my husband - this time!) is just too much when I do the crunches. It really takes a toll on the neck area unless your abs are very strong and, if they're very strong, do you really need this program? Hmmm.At any rate, this system seems to be effective if done comsistenly and correctly. You will feel your abs working but you also have to be careful not to pull on your neck while attempting the crunches. What I do is to imagine an orange or grapefruit under my chin. If you tuck your chin to your chest, you'll kill your neck. If you look straight up and imagine (or even USE) a grapefruit between your chin and throat, you'll greatly lessen damage to the neck. I didn't feel much soreness in my abs but felt pain in my neck and lower back the day after doing the workout. I rarely have back pain from exercising but somehow this program managed to give me a backache which is probably because my abs are weak and I used my back and neck to pull myself up rather than my core.Leslee Bender, the creator and teacher, is fine and knows how to cue and is a good mix of friendly without cheerleading. One word of caution: If you order this DVD and Ball set from the official site, they will put you on an auto ship program that sends you DVDs every month. There are hoards of complaints that they will NOT stop sending the DVDs no matter how many times you call or write. Be safe; buy the system at a store or a site that doesn't have an auto ship program. I'm going through the same thing with[ Crunchless Abs][2] . More and more DVDs are showing up and I canceled the subscription right after I got the first shipment. Grr.***My Viewpoint*****The Bender Method of Core Training DVD and Ball **is good for those who can handle tough crunches using the core and not the neck or arms to do the work. I don't think a little blow up ball under your back will make crunches 408% more effective than regular crunches but it does target the abs well. The **Buns and Thighs DVD** is actually a very good DVD which uses the ball in creative ways. You don't need the Bender Ball for that. You can use any kind of ball so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  You could even use a very firm pillow under your back for the crunches. The idea is just to make your lower back arch so you have to go back further than you would when doing crunches flat on your back. This system is effective but very tough for those who have weak abs or neck issues. I am going with ***3 stars*** and recommending the system - but NOT from the official website. Don't get stuck with DVDs you don't want and can't cancel.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Crunchless-Abs-Three-Workout-DVD-review-1d696

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Crunchless-Abs-Three-Workout-DVD-review-1d696

The bender ball works great for lower back support

from Auburn, CA

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

I used the bender ball with a personal trainer at the gym and wanted one for home. My local sports store did not carry it, so I ordered over the internet. I either did not notice or forgot about the subsequent DVD shipments automatically charged to my credit card. I kept the first set of DVDs and cancelled. I do actually use the DVDs and am frankly glad to have them, but I prefer to buy DVDs when and if I want them, and not have them automatically sent and billed to me just because I bought a product.

Learn to use it correctly and it will deliver what it says!

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

For those of you that have ever watched the TV infomercial for The Bender Ball and thought , "OK, it looks kinda cool but like all that other TV stuff, it probably doesn't do what it says it will." YOU'RE WRONG!  If you've ordered this product and not gotten it as quickly as you'd like, well, anything you order off TV takes 4-6 weeks usually.  Order off the internet site and you will get quicker shipping and don't have to deal with a crappy customer service company that was hired to answer the phone and take orders (not by Leslee herself, mind you).  Sometimes you'll even get a better deal off the internet. Anyways, anyone that HAS bought the product and complained about it on this forum probably isn't using it correctly and are trying to do advanced moves right from the get go.  We all do it.  Even me, a fitness instructor with years of experience.  Her concept and product are pretty darn good.  Used correctly, The Bender Ball will do what it says.  For any of you that have had problems with using it, I guarantee you are doing it incorrectly and your core strength is low.  These things take time to do their job and it also takes patience to learn to use it correctly.  It's not a magic pill.  There's one thing I don't like about any Sally, Sue or Mary being able to purchase this product off TV.  The Bender Ball comes with a video but not a REAL PERSON who can look at what you are doing and assess what you are doing wrong or right for that matter.  Most of us don't have mirrors in our homes so that we can see our position and make sure it is correct.  What I would advise any of you that have bought this product and think it was a waste of money is to find a personal trainer or fitness instructor (you might have to spend a couple bucks for their time but it will be worth it in the long run) and have them view the video with you and then help you get into the positions properly for the necessary desired results.  I know you all bought this to not have to join a gym and it really will work for you at home if you learn how to use it PROPERLY.  I'll get off my soapbox now.

PS:  I DO NOT agree with the TV ordering placing you automatically into a system that gives out your info so you are bombarded with unwanted stuff or places you in an automatic delivery system of more videos etc. that you do not want without your consent.  That system is unacceptable, and should not be allowed.  Also, if you are erroneously charged for an item on a credit card and the company is giving you a hard time about correcting it, CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY!!  Let them handle it for you.

The Bender Ball is the best ab workout I've seen in a long time!

from Haymarket, VA

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

I am thrilled with my purchase and am happy to post a positive review!  I've worked out for 10 years, have been in Oxygen magazine, and have tried every stability and balance routine under the sun. Never before, have I felt so strongly about a product.  My abs literally shook as I completed the exercises! They were 100% engaged. I knew I would definitely be sore in the morning, but, to my great surprise, I was sore the very same day. (I work my abs 2-3 times a week with a 15 lb medicine ball, and I run; my abs have not been sore in years.)   The workout wasn't painful because of the support the Bender Ball provides to your back.  I am very happy with this product.  Let's give this thing another chance!! It works, and I've got the 6-pack to prove it! :-)

Decent Product, but Do Not Purchase Directly From the Company

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

I like this product and think it provides a great ab workout. The DVD is easy to follow. However, I bought my 1st Bender Ball directly from Leslie Bender's company and it was a terrible experience. They charge a ridiculous amount for S&H, which they won't refund if you return the item. Then they automatically sign you up for their program and keep shipping you stuff and charging your card until you cancel. Canceling is difficult at best - long holds, customer service reps that don't get what you want them to do, etc. I wound up have to dispute charges through my credit card.

I bought the 2nd Bender Ball (gave first one to my sister) through Ebay and it was GREAT! You get a better price, often the S&H is free, and you don't get stuck with the automated shipments.

Bender Exercise Ball, Good little exercise ball for your tummy.

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

Bender Exercise Ball is a fun little stomach killer. It hurt my back a bit at first. It took some getting used to. For it being just a blow up ball it is pretty sturdy and does not loose air. I have had it inflated for about 8 months and I haven’t had to re-inflate it.

There are DVD’s to show you how to do the exercises quick and easy.  The workouts are short and still result in a stronger and flatter belly.  Well they would if I used it more. I get lazy easy. When you do crunches with this Bender Ball you get a much wider range of motion than without it.  The Bender Ball is small and works your muscles much more intensively. It’s not just for your stomach you can work your arms, back and leg muscles.

This Bender Ball is on an infomercial on TV. I picked mine up at a local store. I am not very patient and I have heard it takes a long time when ordering it over the phone.

If you have back problems I don’t think I would recommend this to you. If you want to strengthen and you don’t have problems I would definitely recommend this to you. For the cost it is a nice deal. It is really a sturdy ball for exercising.

It's just okay, no better than crunches

from Mobile, AL

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

I bought one and rarely use it. The hype makes a lot of exercise equipment sound great but you have to actually use it. It doesn't work any better than crunches alone except that it does seems to ease the tension in my neck. Again, you have to use it and unfortunately I didn't stay motivated. The dvd is short and useless.

Holy shaking abs batman

from Augusta, GA

Love the ball & Strong Healthy Back workout; not the Core Traini

from Lake Forest, CA

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

Because I run and strength train, I have some back pain. The Strong Healthy Back dvd, which incorporates the ball, is wonderful for relieving some of this pain. However, I originally purchased this set to improve my abs. I found that the two other videos for core training increased my back pain and did nothing for my abdominals. I was committed to giving it a try, but after 6 weeks, I could no longer tolerate the pain. It would be nice if the dvd and the back video were sold seperately. I use the SHB video twice a week, so I guess I am getting my money's worth.

The Bender Ball is Overated

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

It's not so great, be careful when you do their advanced method, I actually got injured for a few days, since they didn't not caution you on the specifics.  Please do check where they said you'll be a member that you'll receive a new package every month, missed that, and they want me to ship it back at my own expanse, what a crop!  It is unethical!!

Don't buy the bender ball!!!!!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Bender Exercise Ball:

**DON'T BUY THE BENDER BALL.** This company will steel from you. You will end up paying for things you didn't want. Even if you call them to cancel, they will keep charging your credit card with some stupid vitamins or some DVD's. I had to cancel my credit card to make sure no more purchases will be made.