Other Paints:

Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Appliation:

Behr is always our first choice!

We have owned the house we live in since 2007 and have painted EVERY single wall in it! We have learned a lot about painting throughout the years. One of the most valuable lessons we learned is that there is a specific sheen appropriate for different kinds of painting jobs. The Semi-gloss enamel sheen is ideal for trim and bathrooms, surfices that will be wiped regularly. We have painted all the trim and doors in our home with Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel and we are very pleased. We also have painted paneling and wainscot (after properly priming it) and it looks very professional, very easy to clean! Also, Behr has an excelent Customer Service! We had about a quart of a gallon of this very paint (the semi-gloss enamel) that we stored for future use and when we got it out to use it there was something wrong with the consistency of it; it was very thick and even when we added a little water it would not mix properly. My wife called the Customer Service and they told her to go buy another gallon and to mail them them the receipt that they would refund us. We were very please with their friendly response. Behr also has many good offers such as rebates running throughout the year. We have taken advantage of such offers and were again very pleased. We strongly recommend this product.

Not as good of coverage as I would like

We used this kind of paint in Windsor Haze to paint our nursery about a year ago. My father, who is a professional painter, recommended this kind. Since it was supposed to be self priming I figured we didn't need to worry about priming the room before painting since it was a very light yellow color before. It took almost four coats of paint to get everything covered! Thank goodness we bought enough paint even though it should have only taken barely two coats. Once we finally got the yellow gone, I loved the deep gray-blue color, the sheen is nice with just enough reflection to keep the room from feeling too dark but not glaringly shiny. It dried pretty quick which was nice since we had to put on so many coats! We've had so many compliments on the room since we've had it done and everyone loves the color and asked what kind of paint we used for it. Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out, it just took more effort than we bargained for getting it how we wanted it!

Smell

from Wisconsin

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

This paint has the house smelling, been for about 3 months now. Been dealing with their customer service and it still has not been resolved. I would never recommend this junk paint to anyone. It shouldn't take 3 months for them to go good on a product that they warranty and guarantee the paint. The entire house is done in Behr paint and now it all needs to be redone by priming it and then painting again. That is how they want to fix it, so if that don't work then what, take all the drywall out, that'll be a mess. Not impressed with the product or customer support.

Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel forever

from kidous Algeria

About Me Professional

Pros

• Adds Protection
  • Coats Well
  • Great Color
  • Long Lasting
  • Low Odor

Cons

• Messy
  • Offers Little Protection

• Adding Personality
  • Exterior Painting
  • Interior Painting
  • Redecorating
  • Remodels

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

I had to paint every room in the house and started using a less expensive brand. It took multiple (4) coats to cover off-white with white in one bedroom. It took me two days to paint a 10x12 room waiting for each coat to dry. When it came time to paint my bedroom, I used Behr Premium Plus in a lovely shade of light grey. From the moment I poured the paint in the tray, I realized the paint was different from the other brand. It coated the roller easily and went on the wall evenly and smoothly. It covered the old, stained, off-white in a single coat. Some stains required a second coat so I did go over the entire room a second time (the room had not been painted in almost 30 years). By the time I had finished the first coat, the paint was dry enough to start the second coat. What took two days with cheap paint took a few hours with Behr. I am absolutely thrilled with Behr. The color is gorgeous, the coverage even, and it was easy to coat the roller and apply to the wall. Behr certainly helped make the chore of painting almost a pleasure! I won't paint with anything but Behr products in the future.

Did not live up to the hype

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

For all of the hype great advertising for Behr paint, I found myself a little disappointed after the fact. I was so convinced it would be great that I bought cans for all of my projects without trying it out first. My mistake.
It wasn't all bad. In fact, going on, it was pretty smooth. I did not purchase low VOC paints at the time because I didn't know anything about VOCs. I must say that I was quite surprised how little odor and fumes it gave off. It was also relatively quick-drying as well.
My issue came in the finished product. The paint was sticky long after it dried. The most disappointing aspects with that it chipped extremely easily.
I used this paint on furniture pieces as well as on walls and noticed the same effect, regardless of the type of material I was painting. In my mind, I saw Behr as a high-end, quality paint. But from my experience this is not the case.

Chipped so easily

Covers well

Easy to apply

• Ease of Appliation:

This paint goes on smooth and covers well.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

I bought this paint in a sky blue color to cover up some neon green paint left behind from the previous owners of a mobile home I purchased. I was nervous that the coverage wasn't going to be enough but it worked out nicely. I can say that I did have to do a second coat, even with the built in primer. It was hard to go from a darker, loud color to a softer and lighter one. I could have made due with one coat but there were a few places that just didn't quite cover as much as needed. Overall, if you're covering neutral, soft, and medium tones then this is a good paint to go for. One coat can get the job done. The odor wasn't too bad either.

Quality
This worked exceptionally well. I was pleased. I did have to do a second coat of paint but that may have just been because of the quality of the roller I was using. I got great coverage for the most part but I had to do some touch ups.

It's held up well. I have scrubbed the walls and wiped them down without any issues. I did have to use a magic eraser on some scuffs and it seemed as if a little color was on the eraser but nothing major.

Coverage
The coverage is great with this paint. It primes and paints all in one very well.

Ease of Appliation
This paint is very easy to apply. It has a primer built in which makes the application even more smooth.

Great Paint

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

I purchased a couple different brands and styles of paints lately to complete a number of different projects. I purchased the Behr premium plus variety in a cream color to paint our nursery. We are expecting in November, later this year and I wanted to get a head start on the empty room. I did all the walls with just one can. The room is small with the door on one wall and another wall being all wood so in reality I painted about two and half walls which is why I did not need a ton of paint. I was very pleased with how easy it went on without running, the paint was not too thick or thin. It was a good consistency. I also only applied one coat to each wall. It dried completely in a couple hours meaning I was able to move the little bit of furniture I have back into the room by the end of the night. The smell was not very strong at all, I did keep the window open all the way and the door for adequate ventilation.

Excellent!

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

I bought this enamel a few months back to repaint my kitchen cabinets which have gone bad due to repetitive use. I cleaned the surface and did two coats of Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel and they looked like new. No drips, no mess. The color did not fade, the cabinets just went dirty again which I repainted. Happy me!

Recommended

from NA

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

While renovating my house, the painter appointed by me recommended me to buy the Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel as it is a good and quality product. He painted my kitchen cabinets with this product and the colors I chose were silver and green which went with the look and design of the renovated house. After painting the house, the smell was not so strong enough as it is the case when I use other brands I have used earlier. It has been two years since the cabinets were painted and the paint is still intact which makes the house look new as it is has just been painted.

The price of this product is quite expensive. The paint is not good for wooden cabinets as the paint does not last. The paint is environment-friendly and if the cabinets get stained, the stain can be removed with the help of a wet cloth. Ink stains cannot be removed though. I tried using this paint but the paint came off as I did not apply enough coats. I would recommend this product.

• Ease of Appliation:

For great durability and low odor paint, get Behr!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

I would truly recommend the Behr paint to everyone who is looking for a low odor, premium paint that offers excellent durability, ease of application, and beautiful colors!

Quality
The quality of the paint along with the fact that it is a low odor paint, makes this brand of paint an excellent choice when you are looking for good gallon of paint without going over budget.

In my opinion, this paint is very durable. I painted my child's room over 3 years ago and the room still looks great. The durability of Behring is so awesome that with a damp rag and a little bit of soap, I can easily clean the walls without the paint looking neither blotchy nor faded.

Coverage
Behr Premium Plus Semi-Gloss Interior Is so good, that the paint covered the walls well enough with just one coat. The paint went on smoothly and due to the great coverage the paint offered, it helped cut my painting time in half.

Ease of Appliation
The paint grabbed onto the paint roll with ease, allowing for quick application to the walls without bubbling up.

Works great

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

This paint works perfect. We used to purchase a high end retail shop paint along with a stand alone primer. The cost was triple the cost of this Behr paint. We were on a sudden budget so we took a chance and bought this paint with the primer to cover a dark grey wall. The color we purchased was a very light green called celery sticks in semi gloss to cover the grey wall. With the first coat it already covered the grey wall. We were so shocked. We used two coats of paint to get a solid finish. The wall is in a playroom and gets lots of wear and tear. The paint has held up terrifically. We went back and bought five more gallons to paint the main part of our house. We are super pleased that this paint covered better and held up longer than the expensive retail brand we had been using for years. Behr paint is a fraction of the cost and honestly rolls on better than the other high end retail brand. We recommend this paint to everyone. Whether you need a basic paint job or to cover a dark wall, this is the paint brand to purchase. It will also save you time and money.

What a great discovery

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel:

We discovered this paint some years ago and continue to use it every time we paint. Only once did we decide to "save some money" and we bought another brand. We ended up returning our so called bargain paint and got our Behr Paint.

Quality
Semi gloss is not my favorite paint to use but in areas that is more likely to show wear, it works and this paint is quality all the way.

This is where this paint shines. It looks new and fresh a lot longer than bargain paints and unless you just love to paint, you will like it as much as we do. It is the best one we have found to last.

Coverage
Semi gloss is a little more difficult to use in my opinion but if you follow their directions and don't try to put it on to heavy, you will find that this is a great product. Does a great job of covering.

Ease of Appliation
Not only do we find that this paint does a great job of covering it is probably the easier one we have found to use. And the best part, as far as I am concerned, is the easy clean up that it takes.