Other Fever & Pain Medicines:
Headache, Pain
Bayer

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Bayer Chewable Low Dose Aspirin:

I have been buying Bayer Chewable Low Dose Aspirin low dose for many years - before the cheaper generic aspirin was released - first for my children when they were young, then for my grandchildren, and now for my heart health as prescribed by my doctor. It works great for young children who do not need the larger dose and have trouble swallowing the size of full strength aspirin, but on occasion when I've had no other pain relievers in the house, I took one low dose and it did very little for the pain. You have to take three low dose aspirin (81mg) for every one regular strength (325) and that would be too expensive, in my opinion. (So is paying more for a name brand when the generics are exactly the same in ingredients and strength.) My children never had a problem with the taste of the chewable low dose aspirin, but I found it sour and there was a strong aftertaste of artificial sweetener. Overall, I'd suggest buying a generic, coated low dose aspirin tablet - they are smaller than the regular dose size, the coating makes it easy to swallow, and pharmaceutically it's the same as the name brands.

• Immediacy:

Equaline Adult Low Dose Chewable Aspirin 81 mg orange is great!

from Skokie, IL

Comments about Bayer Chewable Low Dose Aspirin:

My wife and I each have been advised by our family doctor to take low dose aspirin daily. In my case, it's because of occasional, recurring fibrillation. We also find using house brands to often be cost effective and the Equaline Adult Low Dose Chewable Aspirin 81 mg orange is no exception. Equaline is the house brand for Jewel Foods, the local brand for the SuperValu chain.

The Equaline Adult Low Dose Chewable Aspirin 81 mg orange may be chewed or swallowed. The directions specify to take it with water. Our doctor suggested that we each take one daily. The pill has a pleasant orange taste when chewed.

One minor concern is that the Equaline Adult Low Dose Chewable Aspirin 81 mg orange has food coloring, speciofically FD&C yellow no. 6. However, I'm not worried about the amounts that would be included in this small pill.

The Equaline Adult Low Dose Chewable Aspirin 81 mg orange is occasionally priced on sale for the 36 pill bottle.

I can recommend it highly.

works just fine

very small pill

Immediacy
we don't use it for this

• Immediacy: