Other Fever & Pain Medicines:

Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

For the little pain I have, Equate takes care of it.

I'm lucky I don't have much physical pain. For the occasional headache or stomachache, I take Equate Ibuprofen tablets, 200 mg. It works fast and does not cause side effects except drowsiness. The headaches come from facial reconstruction surgeries I've had, and the stomachaches are from ovulation. I also take antidepressants, but the Equate does not interfere with them. I'm the type where I wait for the pain to go away, but if it doesn't, I take the Equate. My mother, who has neck pain due to deteriorating disks, takes it too. My father doesn't take it, but not because Equate doesn't work, but because he is anti-medicine and likes to tough it out. Excuse me while I roll my eyes. However, as the commercial says "I haven't got time for the pain", so I choose Equate.

The Equate 200mg Ibuprofen Tablets are inexpensive.

Because it is an anti-inflammatory and the most effective treatment for me, when I have menstrual cramps or a headache I usually take the Equate brand 200mg Ibuprofen Tablets. The self medication dosage varies based on my severity of discomfort; however if the pain is persistent in intensity I am always cautious about not over medicating myself, thus creating a rebound headache (usually produced by taking more than the recommended dosage that is printed directly on the label). Frequently my headaches last a few days, so I will take acetaminophen after taking two doses of ibuprofen. Again I am always vigilant in keeping track of how much of each drug I take and how often I take them. Occasionally I may take aspirin, however it tends to upset my stomach, and I always drink plenty of water when taking any pain reliever since ibuprofen is purported to be demanding on the kidneys, and acetaminophen taxing on the liver. I have noticed that when I regularly receive 90 minute therapeutic massage sessions and 60 minute acupuncture treatments, the rate of my headache recurrence decreases.

A great option for the budget friendly

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Equate ibuprofen pain reliever and fever reducer is a wonderful product! I first tried this particular medication a year ago and absolutely loved it. I work out at least five times a week leaving me with many aches and pains. I was at first taking a different medication but it became very expensive. I absolutely adore the equate brand because I know that when I buy from this particular company I'm getting quality at a very affordable price. This product really does work! Whenever I have a headache I take one and I feel better in about 30 minutes. I definitely plan on continuing purchasing this product because it is so convenient to purchase and it does work so well. I would definitely recommend this particular product to anyone that has pain or fever.

This Particular medication is extremely effective.

This medication comes in pill form and is very easy to use.

Immediacy
After taking one pill I started feeling relief around 30 minutes later.

My go to pain relief

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I always buy this brand of ibuprofen at my store, for aches and pains. I like the Equate brand ibuprofen because it is easy to go pick up at my local Walmart. The tablets are small and easy to break if need be. They are very easy to swallow and there is very little taste to them. They work quickly in relieving pain and bringing down inflammation. The main reason I buy these is the price. They are fairly cheap and I get a lot of them in a package. I know they will get used up in our family so I usually get the biggest pack. I used this a lot after I delivered our baby, and it was safe to use ibuprofen when breast feeding. It was also a lot cheaper to bring this and use it at the hospital then to be charged the exorbitant prices the hospital charges for their medications. Overall I would recommend this to anyone who is in need of pain relief or anti-inflammatory effects instantly!

• Immediacy:

Great to have in the house.

from TN

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I try to keep medicines for headaches and other minor problems in our medicine cabinet. So of course I always keep some ibuprofen in there. I like to buy the equate brand because it is super inexpensive and it works great. They have a lot of different size bottles to choose from so there is always a bottle that is affordable. I usually buy the bigger bottles or the double pack of a regular size bottles just so I don't have to buy them very often. I try to drink a glass of milk when I have to take these if I have not eaten anything because I sometimes get a little bit of a stomach ache if I don't.

I have had great results with equate ibuprofen. They help get rid of my headaches when I have them and I have even used them to reduce fever when I am sick.

These pills are small so they are definitely easy to swallow.

Immediacy
I think ibuprofen works pretty fast for me. I love that about it!

Much cheaper!

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I always buy Equate ibuprofen rather than brand name because it works just as well at a much lower cost. I prefer ibuprofen over acetaminophen because it reduces swelling as well as reducing fever. I also prefer ibuprofen over acetaminophen because it doesn't cause liver damage like acetaminophen can. I do always take it with food since it can cause stomach issues. Wal-Mart carries the Equate brand.

This product takes effect in about 20-25 minutes. In my experience, it does a better job of easing pain than acetaminophen. Equate is as effective as name brand ibuprofen.

I don't have any problem with swallowing pills, so this is the perfect product for me. The tablets are very small and easy to swallow, so they'd be great for someone who has a hard time swallowing pills. They are also easy to carry for travel since they are so small.

Immediacy
They generally take effect in 20-25 minutes.

• Immediacy:

Very average pain reliever but it does it's job

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I just started using these the last few months when I found it on sale at a store to get two bottles for almost the price of one. I figured it was cheap enough to try since I go through I a lot of pain relievers since I have back pain and headaches on a daily basis and over the counter medications are always so expensive now a days. For a generic, cheaper brand it actually works pretty I good. I would say it is easily comparable to the "higher end" brands and works about the same as a regular Tylenol.

It is very average for how it works. I really didn't notice any difference between this and the more expensive brands. It usually takes about 30-60 minutes to kick in and start working but once it does it usually does relieve my headaches and slight muscle aches. If I have a really bad headache or muscle ache it sometimes doesn't fully relieve it but it definitely still reduces it making it tolerable (which I'd say is the same for any over the counter pain medication for me).

If it's hard for you to swallow pills I'd say this ibuprofen is a decent option. There are smaller over the counter pain meds out there but there's also definitely larger ones too. This one is on the smaller end of the scale. I have no problem taking multiple at a time. There's also a coating on the outside so they don't taste gross.

My go-to pain reliever

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Since first hearing about ibuprofen a few years ago, I have slowly switched nearly ever pain reliever I used to use over to this. I stopped taking Midol and take this in place because I find it works better and more immediate. I used to take Tylenol with headaches or fevers, but I find this product works substantially better. For most pains, I don't take medicine, but in those times I do need a little pain relief, I turn to ibuprofen nearly every time. I love that I can buy it in a two pack so I always have some on hand in my car and at home.

I always take a single pill instead of the recommended two in a dose and I find this is still highly effective. My only reservation is that I cannot take it on an empty stomach, so if I'm not around food or haven't eaten recently, it can be tricky.

Immediacy
I am often blown away by just how quickly ibuprofen works for me. I also find it works quicker and much more effectively if I take right when I'm beginning to feel the pain (like menstrual cramps) as opposed to trying to wait the pain out.

• Immediacy:

My savior for every ache and pain I get!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Equate Ibuprofen is a prime example of there not being any difference in a product other then the brand name. This product is just as effective as any other brand of Ibuprofen for all of my ache and pains. This works wonders, specifically for menstrual cramps for me. And the other plus of this product to me is the price! Super affordable and I love the double box package. It's basically like a BOGO deal for me.

Knocks out all of my aches and pains within 20 mins tops! It is just as effective for me on a minor headache as it is on my horrible menstrual cramps I get due to having Endometriosis. I keep a bottle of Equate Ibuprofen in my purse at all times.

Small and easy to swallow tablets that are even easy enough for not only myself to take but my 12 yr old daughter, whom is normally petrified of taking pills at all. Cap is easy to open and close and just toss back into my purse quickly.

Immediacy
For most minor aches and pains, I can feel relief from Equate Ibuprofen in as little as 10-15 minutes! For more major aches and pains I start to feel relief withing 20 minutes tops!

• Immediacy:

Good pain relief that works quickly

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

These are good pills that are easy to carry around and take when needed. They produce effective, fast results. I would recommend them. Apparently, they can cause stomach problems when you take more than recommended, but I've never had that problem, even though I take extra pills to get better results.

I've nearly always gotten good results with this product. There are some times with severe pains that I haven't gotten results or any relief from these pills. I usually do take more than the recommended dose to get better results, and I don't know that I would get the expected results from just the recommended dose.

The pills are nice and small, which is a plus, since I don't like large pills, and have problems swallowing them. But I can easily swallow these, even without water, though it's much easier to swallow them with water.

Immediacy
They usually work for me within 30 minutes. I usually stop noticing the pain within 5 minutes, and within 10 minutes I'm fine.

• Immediacy:

This is a wonderful product for the price!

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I use pain killers on an average of at least once a week! I have tried many different brands of pain killers and I have found quite a few brands work for me! I really like the Equate Ibuprofen because it a very good product and the price is a very reasonable price! I have found this product to work wonders with headaches and minor pains such as cramps, toothache ect! I would definatly recommend this Ibuprofen to anyone who is looking for a good value pain killer at a very reasonable price! I keep these in my cabinet at all times!

This product works great for minor pains. Headaches and cramps ect. It works wonderfully! I would not recommend this for major and intense pain but it works great for minor pains!

This pain killer is so easy to use! I just swallow them with a small amount of water! The pills are small and easy to swallow!

Immediacy
This pain killer works very well, I always feel relief within 15-20 minutes!

Equate Ibuprofen Works Like a Brand Name Product

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Equate Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

When it comes to muscle and joint pain, I turn to Ibuprofen for relief. And, honestly, the Equate brand of Ibuprofen seems to work just as well as any more expensive name brand product. I have found this medication to be excellent in greatly reducing cramps and back pain associated with menstruation, as well as incredibly effective in lessening swelling caused by sports injuries.

Equate's Ibuprofen is an excellent pain and inflammation reducer, and is effective for longer than other products that are purported to do the same thing. Ibuprofen keeps a fever at bay for more time than does acetaminophen, therefore it is a more attractive product during sickness. The same is true of its use in cases of inflammation. Whether the inflammation is caused by an injury, or is just a case of sore muscles from a strenuous workout, Equate's Ibuprofen tablets can greatly reduce swelling and pain associated with the inflamed area.

Immediacy
While Ibuprofen is great in the length of time for which it is effective, it is a slower acting drug. To increase the speed of absorption it is helpful to take it with a cup of coffee, coke, or some other caffeinated beverage. This makes it act much more quickly than it would on its own.