View more body lotions

3.9

Long Lasting Softness and Scent

from Worcester, Ma.

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream:

I absolutely love this lotion! The scent is great and the softness really lasts on my dry skin. The lotion is thick and creamy. The only thing I wasn't happy with was that the lotion didn't absorb well on the palms of my hands and they felt a little greasy. Other than that, you can't beat this product!

It kind of reminds me of men's cologne, but I love it anyway!

Absorption
I found I had to wipe the palms of my hands because they felt greasy.

the protection against dry skin lasts HOURS.

• Absorption:

My Favorite Scent and Hand Cream

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream:

I absolutely LOVE this black amethyst hand cream! Alas, Bath and Body Works no longer carries it in stores. I is still available online, though. Don't make the mistake of buying the Black Amethyst LOTION--it does not smell NEARLY as good. The hand cream is far more effective and better smelling.

The scent is divine. It can be a little strong, so does not take much, but it is long-lasting. I fell in love with this scent years ago, and my boyfriend really likes it as well. :)

Absorption
It has a rich, luscious feel and application. It takes a little working in, but I find that quite pleasant. The rich cream is something you want to take some time to rub in. It feels excellent.

Bath and Body Works hand creams and lotions tend to be all about the scent and lack in effectiveness. This hand cream, though, is honestly the most effective hand cream that I have used from Bath and Body Works, and is certainly more effective than any of their lotions.

• Absorption:

Hand Cream, softens!

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream:

I really like how it does soften my hands especially during the dry season. It makes my hand feel so much softer. My only compliant is that I wish they either had more options of scents, or either a lotion that was scentless. As for hand cream I won't recommend it for everyday use. So far it has worked for me, but a lot of hand creams do work for me. I sometimes feel like the scented lotions tend to dry my skin out more if I use it a lot. That's why when it does come to extreme dry skin I would prefer something that has no scent to it. I would love to see Bath and Body Works come out with something that is scentless but at the same times does its job. As far as the price i got this for 5.99 at an outlet store, I'm not quite sure what the actual price is. But I don't think I would pay more than the price I bought it for since the size of the bottle isn't that big either. For the price I got it for, it worked out for me. It's average, I don't have much compliants on it but things that it could improve on.

Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream has a heavenly scent

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream:

I received Bath and Body Works Midnight Amethyst hand cream for Christmas last year from my husband along with a few other items from the same store.  Black Amethyst is one of my favorite scents, so I was thrilled!  Normally I don't buy Bath & Body Works for myself unless they are having their annual sale.  The regular retail cost is on the expensive side.  But I cannot live without the long lasting scent and amazing moisturizing formula.

I keep the hand cream in my desk drawer to use while working.  After washing my hands several times a day my hands tend to get very dry.  I just reach for my Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst hand cream whenever my hands need a moisture boost.  The scent always brightens my mood and the cream gives long lasting moisture.

I recommend visiting a Bath & Body Works location to sample the scents for yourself before Christmas so that you can add your favorite scents to your gift list.  Bath & Body Works Hand Cream is available in many popular scents including Black Amethyst.

Great Cream to wear around the guys

from Pierpont, SD

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream:

Bath and Body Works is a well known store for their great smelling, long lasting beauty products. I guess Black IAmethyst hand cream has a fragrance that is Heads up-a little bit goes a long way. It tends to give me a headache when I first apply it. The lotion itself lasts a long time and is a really effective moisturiser. I'ma teacher and I have some of it on my desk at school. It is quite popular amongst the girls. The bottle is quite attractive and would make a clever stocking stuffer or shower gift. However, anyone who finds overpowering scents annoying may not appreciate you applying this cream anywhere near them. Guys, on the other hand, will probably love the exotic smell. The price is a bit much, yet you could wait for one of the great sales at Bath and Body Works. I guess, in a nutshell, this cream has a time and place. It would be great on a date, so tuck a bottle into your purse. At the office, however, unless you are fortunate to work with a bunch of guys, may not like the smell.

Sometimes this cream works & sometimes it doesn't.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream:

Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream isn’t that good but also isn’t that bad either.  In other words, I’m not too sure how to explain this product.  So I decided to tell you the good points and also the bad points.  I don’t hate this cream but I also don’t love it.  I say that because the texture of this hand cream is just okay.  I find that I have to use it over and over again, at least three times before it feels like it is working.   I consider a hand cream that you only have to use once when your hands are dry a wonderful product.  This hand lotion is too thick too; I like creams that go on light.  I love the fact that this product is fortified and rich and it does work on dry skin after several uses.  The scent of this cream is nice, I would give the smell of it a “6” on a scale of 1-10.  I do find the design of the container in which this hand cream comes in quite lovely.  It has a design that looks like dark pink purple flowers, cast against a dark black and purple backdrop.  Which makes the packaging of this product quite eye gazing.  I also think the size that the hand cream comes in is just right because you can carry it anywhere.  Despite the drawbacks I find with this cream; I would still recommend that you give it a try.

Excellent Creme with a exotic scent

from Durant, OK

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst Hand Cream:

Bath and Body works hand cream in Black Amethyst is an excellent hand creme with an exotic scent. I was pleasently surprised in the scent, it can be a bit strong at first and although the staying power is excellent I found that I loved the scent.

The hand creme left my hands soft and well scented. It was not to heavy or oily as some hand creams can be. The body lotion in black amethyst makes an excellent companion.

I found the packaging and usabiltity of this product to be great.

The price is fair for this product but a bit more than I like to pay for hand cream. I will buy the lotion in this scent, but pass on the hand cream on the future.

I recommend this product for anyone who is intersted in a long lasting, mosturizing hand cream with an exotic fragrance.