Other Tablets:

Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet

Pros

Cons

• App Availability:

Nook and Kindle all in one!

I wanted to get a tablet for both my daughter and I. After much researching, I decided on the Nook HD+. So why did I choose this tablet out of the many choices...Read complete review

I wanted to get a tablet for both my daughter and I. After much researching, I decided on the Nook HD+. So why did I choose this tablet out of the many choices out there?

1. The price. This tablet has a 9" screen-- 2 inches larger than other brands 7" screens-- for right around the same price (or even less!)

2. The apps. At first, my only drawback to the Nook is that I tend to prefer the Kindle and working with Amazon. I had also heard that you couldn't get as many apps or that they cost more than on other tablets. However, this tablet comes with Google Play, so you can download all the apps from there, including the Kindle app. I now have the best of both worlds and can shop around for best prices and availability.

My nook usually runs just fine. There are some times it will take a bit to process an action, but most of the time it is just fine. So why give this an 8?
1. On occasion, the Nook will either not respond at all, or it will switch pages when I am not touching it at all. Not such a big deal, as all I have to do to fix it is put it to sleep then wake it up again, or on the rare occasion restart the nook.
2. The charger has to be plugged in just right. Nudge it a little bit and the charge is lost. Again, not such a big deal. Just make sure you have it plugged in correctly.
3. The heat. When using apps for a long period of time, the Nook can get very warm. It hasn't affected performance at all, but it does worry me at times.
4. Battery Life. While just reading, the battery life is great and can go 6-9 hours. However, the battery life drains quite quickly when playing some games or watching videos and typically only lasts 2-4 hours.

So, if I had a choice, would I buy it again? Absolutely. The larger screen and the lower cost are definitely worth some of the minor issues which can occur with any tablet. I will say I still prefer the iPads, but for a fraction of the cost, I'd definitely recommend the Nook HD+

ok for a lower priced tablet

Depending on what you want to do with this tablet, the nook is acceptable. if all you need to do is surf the web, access email and play popular apps, then this tablet...Read complete review

Depending on what you want to do with this tablet, the nook is acceptable. if all you need to do is surf the web, access email and play popular apps, then this tablet is adequate.

you cannot take pictures with it. Nor can you print anything off the web etc with it. It does not have the available apps that Apple offers, but the price is much more appealing than the Apple Ipad.

Processing Speed
WiFi works very well. Connection to the internet is good. No issues

The best of both worlds!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

I absolutely love to read and my other tablet just did not have the abilities to store books and the clarity to be able to read them in any light like this Nook HD by Barnes and Nobles has. This can hold so many e-books and you can easily look through your library and find any book or magazine that you are looking for and that you want to read. You can also have your books on tape and listen to them on this, which is a nice feature if you do not want to read right that moment. .I like that this Nook also has the ability to be a regular tablet and not just an e-reader. I can access the internet and do a lot of things on this that my old e-reader could not do. The store online is huge to buy books and anything that you are interested in is going to be there, you can find it all. It is so clear and you can read the small print even in bright lights. It is also nice that you can make the print a size that is comfortable for your eyes, even if you need it really big you can do it. This Nook is fast, light weight, has a great long lasting battery and is something that I love to have with me when I am traveling so that I can read any book at anytime, anywhere that I am at.

• App Availability:

Our tablet is great, we take it with us almost everywhere we go.

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

Our device has been with us for about a year now and we use it almost everyday. It has so many great features aesthetically and the touch screen works like a charm, when we keep the toddlers jelly fingers to a minimum at least, and our viewing area is spectacular on it.

Battery Life
We usually charge it up in the mornings and my wife takes it to work with her, and most of the time she comes home with some charge still left.

Processing Speed
Super fast thinking machine, it really goes through the apps and games fairly quickly. Never have had too much slow down with it.

Weight
Very light, we've got a fairly large screen as well and our toddler carries it around with ease.

App Availability
We've been able to acquire so many great apps and games, it really keeps us busy quite frequently. Great selections to choose from.

We like the design a lot as well. It very sleek and streamlined, we have many electronic devices and this one is right up there with the best of them.

Our toddler dings it into the walls from time to time and it still zooms like new.

• App Availability:

Nook and Kindle all in one!

A great e-reader!

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

Easy to move from app to app, easy to read ebooks, easy to play games, smooth graphics, and easy to watch movies streamed from netflix.

Battery Life
There's nothing wrong with the battery, it holds charge fine, it's just, as you use it, every tap on the screen pulls juice from the battery, so if your gonna be away from home all day, it's best to bring the charger for the nook with you.

Processing Speed
I've never had an app crash, the streaming of a video is smooth and you don't see images in pixels, or blobs, you see video and images as you would on the tv screen, or book, crisp clear and sometimes even enhanced. awesome!

Weight
It's nearly weightless, once I put it in my messenger bag and hours later forgot I even had it with me, it's not even 1 pound, so it's great.

App Availability
Apps are abundantly easy to get, to help with a lot of things, including playing games on social networks.

Basic, simple, smooth, and not a lot of hype. the images of the app's icons are neat, not fuzzy looking... the physical shape of the nook is smooth and the corners are rounded, very nice.

I've accidentally dropped my nook maybe 4 times? And it still runs, the screen isn't cracked, scratched, or broken... and I've only had it about 3 years.

• App Availability:

A great product for the price.

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

First off, this product is super simple to set up. Establishing your account is as easy as clicking a few buttons and entering your information. It does not take long for the wifi connection to register the tablet. After you have entered your information, it asks you for your interests and gives you free samples of games, books, and apps that you would enjoy.

This tablet has a beautiful visual display. It is very clear and bright and sound is clear. Sometimes you can overload the nook by opening up too many apps at one time. This tends to slow it down. Keep it to one or two open apps. It is perfect as an e-reader. You can download thousands of free books to keep yourself entertained.

You can also download the normal popular apps, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and games like Uno, Candy Crush, and the addicting logo games.

Only takes about three hours to fully charge from having a dead battery.

All three of my children have these and they absolutely love them.

App Availability
I wish they would have more apps available to download.

Nook HD

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

It's pretty good, but not quite as good as the Kindle Fire. I really love the design of the Nook HD. I own the Nook HD and the Kindle Fire HD as well. Both have qualities that are better than the other. The Nook is definitely better for battery life. I charge the Nook about half as often as the Kindle, and the Nook is used a lot more than the Kindle. I really like the look of the Nook as compared to the Kindle. There's nothing special about the look, I just prefer it over the Kindle. I've also experienced some issues with the touch screen on the Kindle. Sometimes I press a button, and something else opens. The only reason I keep the Kindle is because it has a much better selection than the Nook. The Kindle has a lot more apps. I don't use either one of them for the apps, but my kids do. The Kindle also offers a better selection of books and magazines. So, I like the look and feel of the Nook, but it's not the best when it comes to variety.

I adore my Nook!

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

I barely get off of my Nook. Ever since they made it so you can use the google play store, I use it in place of my computer. The images are so clear, the system runs fast, the sound is great, and it makes reading books easy. I tried to decide between this and the Kindle, I'm glad I choose this one.

Battery Life
I received this as a Christmas gift back in 2012. I had problems with the battery life. It would not stayed charged for long. A few weeks ago I bought a new charger for the first time. The battery life actually seemed to improve.

Processing Speed
The processing speed is great. It runs very well for something that is designed for e-books. The only time I have trouble running things is when I am at a place with limited wifi.

Weight
Its a perfect weight. Not too heavy where I hate carrying it, but not to light as to where if I dropped it (which I have) it does not break.

App Availability
When first receiving this, the app availability was horrible. I didn't even end up using it, but when they got it so it could use the google play store, I haven't set it down yet. So happy they decided to use the google play store.

I love the look of it. It easy to carry around the screen is a great size. My eyes aren't the best so this fits well.

I have honestly, between my fussy baby, crazy animals, and falling asleep, dropped this so many times. Not once has it broken or even cracked. I was very very surprised to see after each time picking it up it was still working. I feel like they made this for me in mind, knowing how I am clumsy.

Awesome

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

I'm not a huge apple fan but at first those and the kindle tablets were all i knew. That was until my boyfriend got me a nook for my birthday. He said it was because I'm always carrying around so many books in my purse and he thought this would be more convenient for me. Plus I can download all the games I have on my phone onto it. He was right and I love it. It makes it easier to travel with my books. I can put my memory card in it and view my photos and listen to music. There so many apps that I am able to download with google play. The battery lasts for hours without needing to charge. And I'm able to add other accounts on it which is great for when I'm babysitting my nephew. I can child proof his account. Really great product and not at all expensive.

Processing Speed
I haven't had any trouble with this slowing down because of too much memory taken up or freezing.

App Availability
Love that there are thousands of apps available.

The B & N Nook is and awesome tablet / ereader overall

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

This is one of the best reader / tablets out there . it is lightweight and fits easy in your purse , yet works great. Its is a multi functioning tablet. I can read books, surf the web, watch video's, and play games . There are many possibilities with this tablet.

Battery Life
The battery lasts a good amount of time, epecialy if you turn it off when not in use. I also make sure that my battery died completely before I charge it again that way it gets a complete full charge,

Processing Speed
I have had no problems with the processing speed. I would guess it also depended on your internet speed . And if you were in public where many people were pulling off the same internet

Weight
It is so thin and light weight ! it fits perfectly in almost any of my purses. It is so so thin it can basicly fit anywhere

App Availability
So far I have found anything I want . The Google App store is amazing. there are many free apps as well as the apps you buy

The design of this is perfect . I love the light and the ability to adjust the font , the sound , the notifications. The cover I have on mine is also nice, I am able to keep it nice and clean and scratch free with the cover on it .

Its pretty tough, I have had mine slide off my lap and it hangs in there

• App Availability:

Good product but could be better

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Tablet:

Does what it's supposed to do but touchscreen freezes sometimes, wish it had a camera but knew that before I bought it. I enjoy the convenience of the tablet vs a laptop.

Battery Life
battery lasts about a day (8-10 hrs) when internet surfing or playing games...unsure of how long if just reading....love that t can charge in van while travelling

Processing Speed
processes great. start up is quick and easy. downloading is very quick and is able to perform multiple tasks at once.

Weight
Very comfortable weight easy to put in my bag and go anywhere

App Availability
not all apps compatible with it do to Barnes & Noble background vs plain Android system but there are 1000s of apps for it

Designed well. even though it is the 9 inch it fits well in the hand or works well sitting on its side in the case.

Seems durable, I've only had it 6 months but it goes most everywhere with me. My 3 older kids (9, 7, & 4) play on it and it doesn't seem like it has been "worn" at all.