4.1
Band-Aid
Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large

Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large

4.1

These are super tough band-aids!

I was able to use the Band-Aid brand XL Waterproof Tough Strips bandages after getting some road rash on my knee playing softball. Getting a bandage to stay put on a part of the body like a knee is tricky, but this band-aid was totally up to the job. It was super strong, almost like duct tape, honestly, and I could put it on and wear it all day without worry until the would was healed. I loved that sealed up around all the edges, that way I could treat the injury without worrying that dirt was going to get into the wound. I would not consider these band-aids to be ideal for average, daily use, but when they are needed, they are perfect for the job at hand. I would recommend that everyone keep them on-hand for when accidents and injuries that need a little extra strength and protection crop up. There is one downside, however, and that is the fact that they are SO sticky, that they do leave a residue on your skin that can be tricky to remove when you need to, so that is something to take into consideration if you need the area to be "pretty" anytime soon after using this bandage. I got my knee clean when I needed to, but it sure was red from scrubbing!

Hated It!!!

These things definitely do what they say, STICK!!! Okay so tough strips are good in that they really stick and they really keep the dirt out and the fabric held throughout the duration of it's use. Jeez Louise is that worth the trade off? UH NO!!! When it was time to remove the bandage from my wound it caused more damage than it was intended to prevent. It peeled off so much of my skin that I had to pay a visit to my doctors office. Taking it off was a painful and long process. I was afraid it was going to become infected. It took the help of my mom to get it off. We had to finally use vaseline and slowly work it off. I have never had a bandage adhear like that to my skin. I would not use it on kids at all. I would use it on an adult unless it is some big burly lumber jack type that doesn't fear pain. I think Band-Aid needs to rethink the adhesive strength on this one. It is way too much. But I love Band-Aid...

Band-Aid Tough Strips - the best band-aid from Johnson & Johnson

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

In my opinion, these are the best band-aids that Johnson & Johnson have produced. They are called Tough Strips and for very good reason. When they say they stick, they absolutely stick! I would even go as far as saying they are quite difficult to get off, even when submerged in warm soapy water for a period of time. For this reason, the box does state that this Band-Aid is not intended for sensitive skin and I don't think I'd use them on very young children. They kind of leave a residue behind which could stay on for days! However, this is also it's biggest selling point. It really does stop infection getting in because they will not drop off. The other thing I like is that the sticky part of the band aid goes all the way around the pad, leaving no room for dirt and bacteria to get in. As I say, the best Band-Aid ever to reach our supermarket shelves and I always make sure I am fully stocked up for any little emergency.

Band Aid's great for showering

from Blountsville, AL

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

Recently my husband had to have surgery to remove some various skin cancers. His dermatologist recommended using some waterproof bandages while showering. I picked up several different brands and sizes, and was the most pleased with Band Aid's XL Tough Strips (Waterproof). Thankfully these were large enough. He had a large place on his shoulder, and most other brands were just too small. I was very impressed that they kept the wound completely dry. Also, my husband is pretty rough on things, he needed something sturdy to "Hold up" to his abuse. These actually worked so much better that all of the other brands, that I went back and bought more (they only come in packages of ten) and he used them exclusively. I hope that the need for them does not arise, but when it does, I have already made the decision to stick with these Band Aid's.

These are super tough band-aids!

from Independence, KS

Best bandaid ever!

from Wentzville, MO

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

These bandaids are perfect and you really get your money's worth.  No more changing bandaids every time you wash your hands!  I work in an office environment and am prone to papercuts.  Slap one of these babies on and I'm good to go all day long.

They do tend to leave quite a bit of sticky residue on your skin when you remove them, but it's worth the pain of scrubbing it off and not having to change bandaids all day long.

band-aid tough strips really are "tough strips"

from Clarence, MO

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

My husband had a procedure done and had to have the wound covered continuously because of the fear of infection and the band-aid tough strips worked great.  The only issue is they are quite sticky which was great for keeping everything out but not so great when removing them.  i would suggest shaving an area before using them for easier removal, if the area is a hairy area.  The other issue we had with them is the long side doesnt have much sticky on it and i think they should make is a little wider.  We did have to had to regular band-ids to those sides to make it stay on for 24 hours.  They are 100% waterproof and that is true.  The bandages are almost like true material with lots of extra fiber going through them to make them stronger and they are very hard to tear.  They compare it to duct tape.  they are a little pricey and you do only get 10, but they are worth it for the more serious wounds.

not as waterproof as I would have liked

from Barrington, IL

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

I had a wound on my finger that I needed to cover, and I wash my hand five or six times a day, so I got these because they said they were tough and waterproof and I needed something that could stand up to that many hand washings without falling off.  To its credit, this bandaid stayed on well for the first hand-washing, but after that the edges started peeling a little bit, and by the fourth or fifth hand washing it was almost completely peeled off.

Band-aid Tough strips extra large are exactly as stated, TOUGH!

from Ronkonkoma, NY

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

I personally love these extra large band-aids. With two children in my household they are in constant need of band-aids, and so am I. They are big enough to cover your average cuts, and scrapes, and they keep it clean and prevent dirt and grime for infecting the wound. The adhesive is great too, they stay on as long as you need. The only thing about the adhesive is that if you leave it on too long or dont change it frequently it hurts a little bit to pull off!! as does every band-aid (exspecially if they are on an area wit hair!. BUT OVERALL... They are a good, reliable, reputable band-aid that does what it is supposed to do and more! A lot of bandaids dont stick, fall off, lets dirt in, and have problems but this one is Great, it really doesn't have any negative attributes and is highly reccommended in my eyes... JUST DONT LEAVE IT ON TO LONG !! OR IT WILL HURT TO TAKE OFF, THATS HOW GOOD IT STAYS ON!

Band-Aid Tough strips are tough!

from Colfax, IA

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

My husband works in construction and injured his hand last week.  He needed something to protect his hand from the dirt and also stay on all day long without shredding to pieces.  He tried different brands but it was the Band-Aid Tough Strips that won out over all the others.  The band-aid strips stayed on all day, even when exposed to water and heat.  They came off quite easily without reopening the wound or damaging the skin around the wound.  The band-aid strips also held up under the extreme stress of construction work without shredding.  The extra large size was helpful to cover more than just a minor cut.  The sides have adhesive all the way around the pad which kept his hand from being exposed to dirt and germs which could have resulted in infection.   We would recommend highly these bandaids to anyone but especially those that have jobs where they are exposed to many different elements.

I'm stuck on Band-Aid's : )

from Lancaster, SC

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

I have grown up using Band-Aids. Still loving them like I did as a child. Especially with all the different sizes they offer now. This extra large Band-Aid offers full coverage and flexibilty to elbows and knees. Seals great with no worries of dirt and germs entering your wound.

Band-Aid bandages are the best on the market

from Boston, MA

Comments about Band-Aid Bandages Tough Strips, Extra Large:

This is a better, brand product to have for your family as well as your self Band-Aid bandages Tough Strips are extra large, much better to cover the cut's from fall's and other accident's. Especially for the bussy mother's and father's out their you need a real good bandage one that going to cover the cut and keep germ's out as well. I'm willing to pay more money to keep my family well.