Other Bandages:
Band-Aid

Pros

Cons

BAND AID-Cuz Band Aids Stuck on me

I have only used Band Aid brand ever since I could remember. As a child I loved band aids, I thought the band aid was what made it all better.
Read complete review

Even my kids when they were tiny loved their Band Aids. I trust Band Aid brand. This brand is one that can be trusted I beleive. I think it is great it has antibiotic to help aid in the healing of the scrapes and cuts. This makes me feel better.

I keep several boxes stocked in my home medicine cabinet, in my camper, in my first aid box and in my car. While picking up my niece from a sitter last week, she was sittign so quietly and sweet in the back seat, all the while on the long trip back to home. I glanced back in the mirror ever now and then to smile at her and she smiled back. I could not see what she was doing in the far back seats. Well she had the first aid kit. She had put every single band aid all over her little legs. When we got home and out of the car, she was smiling and looking down at her legs. It was adorable. I asked if she had a boo boo. She said yep. I just smiled back.

Got to love Band Aids.

They are very inexpensive. They come off very easy and do not hurt my kids skin, ( no screaming involved), help in the healing process and are durable! Something no Mom or home can do without!

I am stuck on Band Aid Brand cuz Band Aid Brand is stuck on me!!!

Band Aid Antibiotic Bandages isn't worth your money

So you have kids. And they get banged up. Its hard enough to make them sit through putting on a bandaid, let along antibiotic ointment as well. So when I saw these at the store I was like "WOOHOO", all the stuff I need for my kids all in one fail swoop. I'm good to go!

I used them for months and then the kids had a doctors appointment for a checkup. I was so proud of myself, I brought the actual bandages with me to show the doctor how awesome and health consicious of a mommy I was. When I showed the doctor he seriously burst my bubble!

"Thats all well and good," the doctor said "but only if your child is not bleeding or sweating or doesn't get any moisture on it what so ever." I was shocked. And then he explained that the medicine in it only can't work if it has direct contact with the wound. Any thing, anything AT ALL that gets in the way of it, will prevent it from seeping into the wound. I felt completely betrayed by my antibiotic bandages. How could they? Bandaid Actually convinced me that buying their overpriced bandages would save my child from certain impending amputation. But in reality they were allowing my child to still be at risk by giving us a false sense of security. I was outraged that my children could be limbless right now!

So back I went to holding my children down, explaining to them that without this antibiotic ointment they would get infected and have to have their arms/legs chopped off. Gruesome yes, but does the ointment work? "Absolutely" the doctor said.

A good band aid to have on the go!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

I like the Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages. It is nice when you don't always have Neosporin on hand. It's also a lot less messy. I like having some of these in my purse and if my kids were still little these would be handy for a diaper bag as well. They would also be good just to have in the glove compartment of a car. These work well and better than I thought they would. I would still say that the Neosporin on the band aid works a little better, but this still holds up well and is a lot easier. Definitely works better than a band aid with nothing on it. These are so great to have on the go. I feel so much better having something with antibiotic on it when putting it on my child's cut or scratch. I feel like this one is working deep into the cut instead of just covering it up. I have found these to stick well also. The price of these bandages are reasonable as well and I know they have expanded their variety so that you can choose from different antibiotic bandages. I will keep using this product!

BAND AID Antibiotic Bandages

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

Band Aid Antibiotic bandages are a great addition to any first aid kit. The combination of band aid and antibiotic ointment in one product, eliminates the need to carry an additional antibiotic salve in a small, basic first aid kit. This is especially handy if one is limited to a small carrying space. The band aids themselves are easy to open. The strips protecting the band aid itself are easy to peel off. The band aid does not curl while removing the protective paper over the sticky part of the band aid. When applying the band aid to odd shaped areas, I had no difficulties. It adheres well to all areas of the body. The only caution I would add here is for people with allergies. The ingredients of the antibiotic that has been factory applied to the pad might cause an allergy. Reading of the label is a must to check if one has any allergies to any components in this item.

Great to have in the car for emergencies.

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

I have never had a complaint about Band-Aid brand bandages for sure. These Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages are even more useful and awesome. I keep some of these in the car and stroller for when we are out and about and one of my children falls and scraps a knee or elbow. It's not just a bandage, but a bandage with antibiotic ointment on it to keep down the chance of infection. These bandages also stick really well. They aren't water proof or anything, but they do stay on active children. When you remove the bandage, there isn't any residue remaining on the skin. The price is a bit steep on a small box of these, but they are worth having on hand for the convenience. I don't know that they come in any colors or designs, but that would be nice for children. Also, I don't know if they have a box of multi-size bandages, but that would be nice with the antibiotic ointment already in them.

one less step

from Franklin Square, NY

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

At this day and age of infections and worrying about wounds getting infected, I think this product will work well. I bought these bandages because my son for whatever reason is afraid of the antibacterial cream that I put on him prior to putting the band aid on. He is not afraid of the band aid just the antibacterial cream.

I thought that this would be the perfect solution for the trouble he gave me when putting on the antibacterial cream. I would get the same benefit without the fight. So the next time he got a "boo boo", I put this bandaid on in one step and it was done. The time and energy that I saved alone pays for this product. The band aid stayed on and he had no problems keeping it on.

I would recommend this bandaid to anyone who has a kid that is fussy about putting on antibacterial cream and if it's one less step then why not take advantage as it saves us moms some time and energy!

Band-Aid is still number one in my book!

from Chatsworth, GA

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

As a mother of five grown girls, we have gone through many Band-Aid bandages. Now with the grandkids it makes me seem a lot less tragic than going through all the moves of applying antibiotic ointment, then doing a stronghold to apply the bandages. Great for minor scrapes and cuts, but I would not suggest for more severe injuries. Love the Band-Aid brand, as others do not hold a candle to them, but I really feel that the price is way to severe.

Duel Duty Band-Aid

from Darlington, WI

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

I recently messed up finger pretty badly and thanks to this band -aid did not need to spend a fortune for guaze,neosporin.tape.It allowed protection from infection as well as keeping clean and a little padding for bumping for a fraction of the cost.Now can give a big high 5.to band-aid and everyone else.

FAST HEALING!

from Benton, KY

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

I love Band-Aid bandages with antibiotic. I take a lot of medicine causing my skin to be thin and tear easily. I know when I put on a Bandaid bandage with antibiotic that I dont have to worry about it getting sore or infected. In just a couple days, the ares will be nearly invisible. And they dont tear my skin when I take them off like some brands. Thanks Band-Aid!

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages are simply both awesome and amazing. They combine antibotic with a bandaid. This helps speed healing. I am so pleased with this product. We have them at home, in my purse, in the camper, in the first aid kits, in the vehicles, in the guest house, everywhere. They are wonderful. And, what's more, the cost is not that expensive considering what you get. An antibotic with a Band-aid should have been invented a long time ago. That surely would have made sense, but thank goodness, we have them now. I also have had no trouble in finding them in stores. They are wonderful. They keep cuts and stuff infection free and speeds healing of the wounds quicker than without it. They are great for kids, adults, the elderly. My mother has trouble keeping her legs, for whatever reason, scratch and incident free. These are perfect for her. I urge you to get these and have them on hand if you need them...and you will. Don't wait, ok?

A must for accident prone kids!!

from Spring, TX

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

This is something I always try to keep in stock. I have two accident prone sons that this comes in handy for. My oldest child is involved in alot of outdoor activites like camping as he is in Boy Scouts. He is always coming home with cuts and bruises. So this is very ideal for him. I always make sure that there is plenty of these bandages in our emergency kit. I am very pleased with these as they have managed to keep my children infection free. The idea behind this is wonderful already having the antibiotic on it. In the past when I've applied antibiotics & then a bandaid, I have ran into the problem of it oozing out of the sides making the bandaid not stick. Because of this it makes the bandage completely pointless to try to keep it on.

Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages make life so much easier. ake it

from Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments about Band-Aid Antibiotic Bandages:

I love these band-aids because they really do make life easier if you are a parent. Instead of a few different steps to clean a child's cut/scrape/wound when they come in the house hurt, it is just one easy step now. Before it was clean it, then put the antibiotic ointment on it after you fight with them for a little bit and try to reassure them that it isn't going to hurt them and it is just something to make it feel better, then put the bandaid over it. Now there is no trying to convince them because they don't even need to know the antibiotic ointment is on the band-aid, but you know it's there and you know that it will prevent it from getting infected and will also make it heal faster. This saves time and also saves you from having to search everywhere for the antibiotic ointment too if it is a situation where time is of the essence.