Other Bandages:
Band-Aid, Fabric
Band-Aid
Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes)

Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes)

Pros

Cons

Johnson & Johnson Band Aid: Great Protection for Minor Injuries

Minor injuries are usually treated with the standard routine of washing and covering, to promote healing. This process can be approached many different ways and the most common means to cover these small injuries is with a small, self- adhesive bandage. And the brand people turn to with the greatest frequency is **Johnson and Johnson Band- Aid**, a bandage for small cuts, scrapes, etc.

**Bandage Commentary:**

Johnson and Johnson Band- Aid come in an assortment of small bandages, with different shapes and sizes. These bandages have adhesive around the edges and sides, with a non- stick pad. The pad is thin, but is comprised of special cloth- like material to soak up blood and other fluids and promote healing.

Johnson and Johnson Band- Aid are one of several household products that most every person has used at least once in their lifetime. Band- Aid is a trusted name in injury care and these bandages help to protect small injuries and help them heal. Even though the padding is thin, it is usually sufficient to cover the injury and keep it safe from harm. With these bandages in place, wounds heal more quickly. An uncovered cut will take longer to heal when left exposed. Applying a Band- Aid will speed up the process.

Johnson and Johnson Band- Aid are very good at staying in place. The adhesive is sticky and it holds itself against your skin quite well. It takes an effort to peel the bandage away, due to the good degree of sticking ability. This is better than some of the cheaper bandages, which can sometimes come loose on their own. The variety of sizes and shapes is also good, because you can find exactly the one to fit the injury. Most people don't want a bandage to be seen and with such a good variety of sizes, you can get the smallest one possible to cover the cut, scrape, etc.

Johnson and Johnson Band- Aid have another unique quality: They are among a handful of products that have become so popular, their trademark name has basically become a generic term. How many times do you hear someone say "I need a Band Aid"? You hear it all the time, when an injury occurs. You don't hear many people say "I need a bandage." Band- Aid is a bandage, but it has become so popular that people use its name in a generic sense. This is a great testament to the quality of this product.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Johnson and Johnson Band- Aid bandages are a very good product for protecting small injuries from harm and promoting quick healing. There are lesser- known brands of bandages that cost less, but the quality and reliability of Johnson and Johnson Band- Aid make it a product that is easily worth the money.

An extra large mistake

I've wondered about the practical applications of bandages since first I realized that wounds small enough to be covered by a band-aid would typically close themselves (stop bleeding that is) in less than half an hour. As such, it seems a little more reasonable that a bigger opening in the skin might call for an actual adhesive of some sort to keep one from becoming lightheaded or worse, but frankly, it doesn't exactly require a silly, glue-covered, store-bought bandage.

First of all, if all you need is a band-aid, albeit a big one, the blood will most likely stop if you hold a cold, wet towel to the afflicted area for a while as opposed to getting the bandage out of the box, breaking it away from it's three or four clingy twin brothers, carefully trying to get a grip on the tiny little flap you're probably *supposed *to used to pull the non-bandage parts of the ting off, then positioning it just right on your skin so as to cover the wound with only the soft, white part and not the sticky bit so as to avoid a greater pain when removing the damn thing when either you're healed or you're checking the hard way whether or not the wound has closed. The best part must be finding out you were presumtuous in your ability to recuperate when, after painfully peeling the plastic leech from your flesh, (made all the better if the adhesive part was on the wound) a new trickle of blood drips out to say "Thanks for causing pain to the region and re-opening the wound, now it's as if you never used the band-aid at all!"

Ever noticed when you scratch an area of living flesh it turns red? That's blood responding to a sort of distress signal sent by nerves, I think, like police popping in to check on a neighborhood in which gunfire was reported. "Oh, just gettin' rid o' them dern raccons that keep roostlin' in yer garbage, eh? Ok, then stay safe." When you're actually cut, it's more like the little police forming a barricade by coagulating just outside the skin, forming their own bandage.

Do band-aids seem silly yet?

ummm dont think so

from canada

Pros

• Safe

Cons

• adhere poorly
  • get dirty fast
  • Messy
  • pad glued 2 sides only

• Quick Fix

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

I have no idea where the positive reviews come from for this brand's products. bandaid used to be awesome but they have been producing garbage for decades now. The only positive is that the others are even worse.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Effective and prevents boo boos.

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

Easy to put on and very effective. Any time that you fall down and hurt yourself, all you need is one of these bad boys and you will feel great in the matter of a few days. They are very east to put on and when it comes time to take them off, they barely hurt at all.

Band-Aid Flexible Fabric - one of my favorites

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

These band-aids are one of my favorite varieties. They are not quite as sticky as the Tough Strips (which Band-Aid also produce) which means they are better for use on children or those with sensitive skin. They are more sticky than the transparent bandages Johnson & Johnson produce which I personally don't think stick very well. These are the happy medium of all band-aids. They are very soft and gentle on the skin and I think rather feel like a piece of cotton cloth. They are easy to remove, are very flexible and they have a non-stick pad which goes the entire width of the bandage, enabling air to enter on either side for a more speedy healing. As with all band-aids, they are totally sterile while the packet remains unopened which is good to know. They come in a huge array of sizes fit for wounds large or small. The manufacturer regularly places coupons in the Sunday papers making this sweet deal, even sweeter!

Great band-aids

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

I love Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages! I never liked to use band-aids on my fingers or toes because they felt so tight and uncomfortable. These flexible fabric adhesive bandages are awesome! They are so comfortable. I can use my fingers normally and comfortably. They give great coverage too.

Work well, but not for sensitive skin!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

I always trust Band-Aid brand bandages, but you can't use them too much if you have sensitive skin! They stick very well, compared to other brands. However, I had an injury recently and broke out in a terrible rash because of them. Do not overuse because this wasn't fun.

Bleeding? Johnson & Johnson band-aids should help.

from Jackson, MS

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

I just used a johnson johnson band-aid on my little niece. She was running around outside on the back patio aria and she nicked her big toe. It helped prevent some of the blood from gushing. It sure wasn't a pretty sight and i felt bad for my little niece because of the pain. The cut was at the tip of her toe so the band aid wasn't on that properly but i did my best. I don't know if johnson & johnson makes band aids that conform better to cuts but they should make make new adhesive band aids for that. I guess I could have used Johnson & Johnson liquid band-aid version but we just didn't have that at the time. Personally i would use the band-aid to stop the initial bleeding and take it off because it takes awhile to heal with the band-aid.

Johnson & Johnson Band-Aid solid product

from Boston, MA

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

I am getting this box all the time because it is the cheapest and best-stocked lil' box I could find: do you have a better one? I just need something to use routinely, not only when I occasionally cut or burn myself, but also when my skin breaks in winter: a lot. I am not totally happy with the durability, it does not stick tightly for as long as I would like - but that depends a little on the area and the shape. The easiest is around the fingers, where I leave it for days on end (a good saving - and I read somewhere wounds do not need air contrary to popular belief) even with frequent washing. Another slight minus is that when I pull it tooo tight, then I can't go back and correct and I lose value because I have to replace it lest my circulation suffers. It is not invisible by a long shot but I couldn't care less, so I am not planning to change or look around much: great solid product for a good vaue, it does the job.

Do the Job

from High Point, NC

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

I guess I have used Johnson and Johnson band aids for as long as I can remember. It's a trusted brand name and works well. They are not cheap and when you stick them on they stay on and do not start coming up at the ends and falling off. They really do stay put. Honestly if you buy like one box and don't have many cuts,the box can last a year or two. I usually just keep them on hand as a in case thing. It does not leak and is great for small cuts that don't have a lot of blood coming out. They have a nice little white absorber on it and it absorbs well and I have never had one that did not do the job. They come off very easily,they just slid right off with no pain. They don't bunch up and the strip goes out evenly. They are easy to open and don't stick to itself while trying to unwrap and put it on. Like I said I have used these since I was a child and they have always been very good for the name and price.

This band aid is good

from Irving, TX

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

I have very thin skin and I bleed very easily and it also takes me a long time for my sores to heal. I find that this item upholds under watery conditions, sweat (I like to work in yard) and will last a full day of protection for me and the sore. I couldnt ask for more.

Seal it up!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages (All Sizes):

The brand speaks for itself.  Johnson and Johnson can do no wrong in the safety and medical field.  These bandaids are wonderful.  They are the traditional style with long lasting adhesive that is great for cuts that may take a while to seal.  It is a great value at its low cost and you get so many bandaids.  I work at a sleep away camp and this is the trust bandaid I take on ALL of my hikes.It is a product you can certainly count on.  Withstanding time, it truly is worth every cent.