Other Bandages:
Nexcare

Pros

Cons

Nexcare Waterproof Bandages keeps germs out!

I suffer with hyper allergic skin and a few years ago I developed a sensitivity to the adhesive on bandaids.  These are the only bandages that I am able to use.  Luckily for me, they are also the best bandages I have ever used!  The come in a variety of sizes ranging from very small to knee size.  They are a little tricky to apply until you get the hang of it but they are very thin so they don't impede your movement.  They are clear so that they are not as noticable which is nice, or they also come in tatoo patterns that are fun for kids.  I had a little girl that I worked with who was afraid of bandaids but I called these stickers and she loved them.  Being a person who loves to spend time at the beach, I get a lot of use out of these bandages.  They really are water proof and you won't have to worry about the sting of salt water on a cut or wound when you wear one of these.  They keep the wound clean as well or seal in ointments, etc.  They stick very well but are not harmful to the skin and do not hurt to peel off.  I told a friend about these who is also sensitive to bandaid adhesives and she did not react to them either.  I highly recommend them.

Nexcare Waterproof Bandages never worked right for us.

I bought the Nexcare Waterproof Bandages for my family because my kids are prone to bumps and scrapes and I was getting blisters from running. I was hoping that they would be really awesome and help the injuries heal. Boy, was I wrong. My entire family was allergic to the adhesive from these bandages. We all ended up with horrible, red welts from them. Also, they never adhered like they should. Within 10 minutes sometimes the bandage would be coming off. My kids don't mess with bandaids because they like them and think they're cool, so I know they weren't picking at this one and they would come to me with it in their hand and show me that it had fallen off. Between the adhesive causing allergic reactions and it not adhering like it should, I was horrified by how much I had spent on these bandaids that I thought were supposed to be awesome. I am not impressed and will not buy anything Nexcare again.

Don't stick to skin

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

I just bought myself a pack of these bandages and I have tried applying then you might get in but as I tried to and took off the white paper is the bandage remains loosely on my finger. It will be kind of hard to choose to be waterproof if it does not remain on my skin. needless to say I was kind of disappointed with my purchase of these bandages.

Bandages

from Morristown, IN

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

I reccently bought these because I had a coupon and I love them, they even stay on when they get wet. Which helps to not waste anymore then I have to. And the best part is when I am ready to take one off it does pull my skin.

Second Skin!

from Buhl, AL

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

I adore the Nexcare Waterproof Bandages! They are the only types of bandages we have in our home! We get the character Nexcare bandages for our 5 year old daughter but even she likes the waterproof ones! If I get a cut on my hand I don't think twice, I go upstairs and put on one of these bandages with a little antibiotic ointment and then forget about it for 2-3 days, I shower and clean and scrub and do all those things a Mom does and that bandage just hangs tough! By far the best bandages we've ever owned, or will ever buy!

Awesome!

from Columbus Grove, OH

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

These bandaids really stick and actually stay on in the water. I have always been a fan of nexcare products. They sometimes can be a little pricey but when you only use one instead of three you aren't saving any money buying the other brands. These flex very well and blend in also. They also seem to run sales on them quite frequently at drug stores making them a real option.

3Medium Nexcare Waterproof Bandages are husband approved

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

My husband is constantly getting cuts and nicks on his hands from working, building, home projects, etc. And he constantly washes his hands. So, we gave the 3Medium Nexcare Waterproof Bandages a try. They are great as long as the area is completely dry before you put on a bandage. If there is an air pocket in the seal somewhere, they will come off when you wash. Needless to say, we keep a box in the house, in the car, take a box when we go camping. You never know when you'll need them and for my husband, these bandages are the best.

3M Best Band Aid

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

Wanting to try something new, I purchased 3M band aids. These band aids hold on to the skin better than any other band aid, and are removed easily without pulling or pinching. The best part about them is how well they stay on in water- in the shower, washing dishes, etcetera. This band aid stayed on no matter what chores I had to do. The price is right, and the quantity and quality of the band aid is good. The company also offers various sizes for different needs including attractive packaging for kids. The kids' bandages are durable enough to stay on during all kinds of play. The only problem I had was finding them. They were not in several supermarkets, so you must make a trip to the drug store to pick them up. Wish they would carry them in supermarkets.

Great bandages

from Clinton Township, MI

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

I love Nexcare bandages, especially the waterproof. They are priced a little higher than other brands, but they are worth it. I love the flexibility of them and fact that they are waterproof. A lot of other waterproof bandages fall off when wet, but not the Nexcare.

3Medium Nexcare Waterproof Bandages WORK!

from Glen Rock, PA

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

A few months ago I got a REALLY nasty spatter burn from hot olive oil. it spattered up and left a rotten burn on my upper chest/lower neck....VERY awkward area to bandage!!

I happened to have a few of these bandages left over from a rather embarrassing fainting spell earlier that summer, and thought I'd see if they would cover the blister and subsequent blister PEELING I knew I would get from this burn.

I LOVE the fact that the edges of this bandage are clear, because attention wasnt immediately drawn to me and my burn. It comes off easily, and you dont have to whimper like a little kid when you pull it off! LOL!

All in all I give this a TWO THUMBS UP! the only reason I only gave it 4 stars is that I have a feeling a lower priced brand would do the same thing

really they don't mean WATERPROOF...

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

These bandages were a COMPLETE let down! I bought these over store brand when I cut my finger slicing bagels & wanted something that would keep the area clean & stay on with the numerous hand washes during the day that I do (it's cold & flu season & I work in a hospital setting). These bandages fell off / starting peeling by the 2nd wash... compared with the much cheaper store brand that lasted way longer than I wanted / needed it to. I would recommend not wasting the extra money - go the cheaper store brand & expect to refresh your bandages often.

from Jones Mill, AR

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Bandages:

Nexcare Waterproof bandages are really cool and do something that most bandages don't, which is keep your cuts dry dry and sealed. It is also neat because they finally ahve a bandage you cna take a shower with without it peeling off. These bandages are also great because they actually last all day and stay on all day instead of peeling off after just a few hours. It is really nice to not have to change a bandaid every few hours, or every time you try to wash your hadnds or walk int he rain or anything. With these you can swim, play in the rain, shower or do whatever that would get you wet without having to worry about them peeling off or your injury getting wet and nasty. This keeps your wound dry and will stick on through whatever you do.