Other Bandages:
Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage

Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage

Pros

Cons

Simply the best I ever had

You wouldn't need to pay attention to the lyrics on Lacrosse's sophomore album to understand that every track is about love. Not just any love, mind you-- a big, big love; the sort of gigantic feeling that threatens to distract you from everything else in your life. The music is enormous and often overwhelming, with every hook and gesture blown out to absurd extremes of joy, desire, and anxiety, emulating the heightened emotional reality of romantic comedies and teen soaps. Every moment of the album sounds incredibly exaggerated, but at their best, Lacrosse replicate the intense drama of ordinary love with uncanny accuracy.

There are many ways to sound huge on record, so let's clarify: Lacrosse's approach to pop music falls at the intersection of the Arcade Fire's propulsive life-or-death anthems and Alphabeat's hyper-romantic glee, resulting in an odd but immensely appealing hybrid sound that is perhaps best described as stadium twee. The lyrical concerns and general aesthetic of the band is essentially the same as what you may expect from, say, any band on the Darla label, but the music is far more muscular and ambitious, trading in the demure self-deprecation of homegrown indie for the forthright emoting of full-blown chart pop. Every track on *Bandages for the Heart* is a male/female duet, with singers Nina Wähä and Kristian Dahl mostly singing in unison to add punch to their otherwise thin voices. The immediate effect of their overlapping voices is to exacerbate the urgency of the music, but in the context of their lyrics, the technique mostly serves to highlight the fact that every song is about the communication between two people. Wähä and Dahl can be quite thrilling when they sing together, but they are even better when they split into constrasting parallel parts that offer differing perspectives on the same theme. This approach is especially effective in "I See a Brightness", an uplifting rocker about one half of a couple attempting to bring the other around to a more optimistic point of view. Though many other bands can write peppy, catchy songs with anthemic choruses, Lacrosse are exceptionally gifted in dramaticizing the nuances of human relationships, and this anchors their bombast to relatable experiences rather than vague, fluffy sentiment. The characters on the record may be in different states of romantic angst, but each comes off as a real person in a specific situation, and the lyrics skillfully tip prosaic expressions of excitement, lust, and anxiety into witty asides. The lyrics are even better when they attain a level of lucidity nearly at odds with the hysterical emotion suggested by the music, as in the ebullient "Come Back Song #1", or the freakishly giddy "It's Always Sunday Around Here". Lacrosse's aggressively perky tunes about love are exceedingly well-executed, but they tend to only be endearing if you are in the right state of mind. At the wrong moments, even the most glorious and life-affirming songs on *Bandages for the Heart* can be overbearing and flat-out aggravating, particularly if the very last thing you want to think about are the romantic entanglements of relentlessly grinning Swedes. Of course, only the blandest music can serve all purposes. When heard in moderation, or better yet, when in perfect allignment with its sentiment, these are some of the boldest, most evocative pop tunes you are likely to hear this year.

- Matthew Perpetua, July 13, 2009

OK bandaids

Let me first introduce myself by saying I am very well informed regarding bandaids. I’ve been hurt multiple times and I know exactly where to look and which bandaids to...Read complete review

Let me first introduce myself by saying I am very well informed regarding bandaids. I’ve been hurt multiple times and I know exactly where to look and which bandaids to get.

As for this particular type of bandaid, I don’t like how it doesn’t stick well in water. At all. Once I wash my hands for the first time after putting the band aid on it just wiggles and bit and slides right off my finger. Ironically it does a good job in the endurance department because Ive had one last me almost 2 days with out it peeling off.

Moving on to the padding. The padding is much less comfortable than other bandaids ive. It feels like sand paper. On a papercut that I received recently from looking at mail, the padding of this particular bandaid almost seemed to be opening my wound when I moved the bandaid around. Very uncomfortable feeling.

To be honest the worst part of the bandaid comes from the fact that it does a good job of sticking on skin. Because of the fact that its so adhesive, it also tears and pulls at your skin/hair before coming off completely. It feels as if a mini cat is on your arm and doesn’t want to let go.

Great sticky coverage!

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

Johnson & Johnson band aids cover tiny wounds fairly well. However, sometimes when I get the band aid wet, it will fall off. The water makes the adhesive bandage unseal. I wouldn't recommend getting the band aid wet. However, they are very affordable and work great.

Amazing bandaids!

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

These band aids are great and are a good price. You can find them in about any local groceries or drug store. It may seem silly I'm reviewing such a everyday product. But for me having a band aid that doesn't fall off in a hour when I'm at work is a basic commodity that makes my day easier.

Johnson & Johnson Band Aid Sheer Adhesive Bandages

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

Johnson & Johnson Band Aids are a great invention. I particularly like the fact that, whilst they stick on well, are fairly easy to remove, especially from sore and wounded skin. I have two young boys, both of which regularly have disagreements with the pavements in our area and so these bandaids really are a God send! They stick on just about long enough that I know I should be changing it about then anyway. They have stickers either side of the wound placement area so that you don't have to actually touch the inside of the bandage (as we wouldn't want to add any of our own bacteria would we?) and they are all individually packaged. Johnson & Johnson pack an assortment of band aids in different sized boxes so you can decide whether you're more likely to use smaller ones (for little fingers) and bigger ones for adults, or, you can even choose a mixed assortment and even then, the exact sizes and quantities are listed on the outside of the box. This manufacturer regularly places coupons in the newspapers so you can snag them at quite a deal.

What have they done to good ol' ordinary band-aids?

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

The meshy looking ones leave a ton of gummy substance on the skin when removed OR when they remove themselves. I can put one on and within ten minutes it is beginning to "unroll" itself and soon will be peeled off, but still leaves the gummy stuff... The flat plastic-looking ones do not stay on any longer than it takes to apply one. And just forget it in water. They are off in 20 seconds! Whatever happened to ordinary, decent band-aids??

A bandaid brand that is the trusted by many!

from Greenwell Springs, LA

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

J&J is THE brand of bandages to go to when you need a reliable bandaid. What do I mean by reliable?

First of all you can count on J&J Sheer Bandages to stick to your skin to keep wound covered for healing and to prevent getting infected. Cheaper brands won't stick to the skin or slip and slide and fall off minutes after you put them on. You end up using half of the box of bandages in one day. Does this really save you money? Or help your wound to heal? no and no!

J&J Sheer Bandages are not the original bandages J&J has come out with, but they are just as reliable. The color is lighter and this blends better with most skin tones. The sheer bandages also work and stick just as well as the original.

The pad on the middle of the bandages contain a material that will not stick to your wounds. This is especially important for little kids as you don't want to imply any more pain after they have a scraped knee or a cut.

I find that J&J Sheer Adhesive Bandages are a good buy because I know I can trust the quality of the product. They can be used by adults and children and come in several different sizes and packages. Each bandage is individually wrapped and sterile until opened.

I have a 40 count box here now that contains assorted size bandages: 1 inch x 3 inches, 3/4 inches x 3 inches and 5/8 inches x 2 1/4 inches. I have trusted this brand as my children grew up and now have families of their own. I now keep J&J Bandages for the grandchildren in case of an emergency.

I highly recommend J&J Sheer Adhesive Bandages!

Johnson's Sheer Adhesive Bandaids are perfect for us

from Saint George, GA

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

Johnson's Sheer Adhesive Bandaids are just a great product for us. I really like the fact that they are sheer and not noticeable. If I have a band-aid on I'd rather it be not as noticeable so that everyone that sees it isn't asking me "hey, what's the band-aid for?" Johnson's products are a brand that I typically always go for first. And that's because they have been around for such a long time and they have always lived up to our standards and delivered high quality products. Johnsons Sheer Adhesive Band-Aids come off fairly easily as well. I like that they are also waterproof. So when we sweat the band-aid isn't sliding off and not staying on the skin. These band-aids hang on and provide protection even when you are swimming. These Johnson's Sheer Adhesive Band-Aids aren't too much more expensive than there regular nude colored ones, actually I think the last package that I bought was the same price as the regulars.

Bandaids Worth the Extra Price

from Lansdowne, PA

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

I used to think a bandage was a bandage, and usually bought the store brand; however, I was disappointed that they did not last through the day, especially when they got wet. This does not happen with J&J Bandaids. They stay put, even when I wash my hands. The sticky part stays sticky. They are definitely worth the extra cost.

Band Aids are awesome; also nothing special.

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

I've had very sensitive skin since childhood; cuts and scrapes that seemed to heal quickly on others seem to take their sweet precious time healing on me. It also doesn't help that my fingertips split, especially in the winter.

I've made a point of trying to keep my hands moisterized, but they usually split at least once during the cold winter season. As a basketball player, my fingertips were key to controlling the ball-- it was often too painful to do so. I resorted to cloth bandages but they tend to fray and come off. I also wanted something that would stay on and be water-proof. BAND AID sheer is a pretty good compromise. I feel that the plastic is sometimes too inflexible-- feeling more like a piece of scotch tape than a bandage. It doesn't stay on very well in water, but with brief handwashing it does okay. For the price, I think I could get more for way less, but I haven't tried very often.

It's Johnson Johnson Band aids,need I say more they're the best!

from Warren, MI

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

I have a 7yr old boy which means I go through **A LOT** of Bandaids! I am also the house on the block where the children come when they get scrapes and cuts for Band Aids, So I not only need the best,but the most economical ones. Johnson and Johnsons Band Aids are not only Mother trusted and kid approved,theyre also a value for the money! The size is also a consideration when purchasing bandaids and this product has the greatest variety,where you can find a box that has what you use most,without getting stuck with the ones you do not! I can and do, always count on them for the realiabilty, I know when I put it on and he goes back out to play it will still be on when he comes home.This can not be said for other brands and then you"re just wasting money. I am a huge fan of this line,and cannot see using any other brand!

Simple Band Aid for Simple Cut

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Band AID Sheer Adhesive Bandage:

I purchased these Johnson and Johnson Band Aids at a local drug store when my son fell off of his bicycle over the weekend. We were in need of any bandage for a couple of cuts he got on his left elbow so we rushed over to the drug store to cover up his cut that was driving him crazy. The band aid worked great for a simple half inch cut but would fall off if he was washing his arms. We had to replace the band aid after every shower just like any ordinary band aid out there. The size of the bandages are also normal ordinary size and not any smaller or bigger than most. I would not recommend putting the band aids over body hair as it fells like waxing when you decide to take them off, i would recommend putting water first and it seems these band aids hate water.