Other Bandages:
Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages

Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages

Pros

Cons

Nexcare Waterproof Bandages Stay Put!

**Nexcare waterproof clear bandages** are made by 3M. They are diamond-shaped, rather than rectangular strips, ostensibly to aid conformity to irregular body surfaces. They are made in an assortment of sizes and are available in single-size and assorted packages. The sizes in the assortment are a useful variety.

Each bandage is sterile inside a peel-apart paper wrapper. The edges of the wrapper are offset, making it easy to open.

The gauze portion of the bandage is tan-tinted on the outer surface, The inner surface has a non-stick surface similar to Telfa. The gauze is generously surrounded with adhsive on all sides, providing an effective seal. The adhesive is on a very thin, clear plastic membrane-like material similar to Op-Site or Tegaderm. This thin material conforms readily to the form on which it is placed. It is waterproof. These stay on for days and are very low-profile. They do not become soggy after a shower.

The wrapper states that the packaging contains latex.

Nexcare Waterproof Bandages are waterproof but dangerous.

I recently used Nexcare Waterproof Bandages to cover a small red patch on my arm.  They really are waterproof and if that's your main concern, and you don't mind pain, then these are for you.  When I removed a Nexcare Waterproof Bandage, the adhesive literally pulled the skin off my arm.  It was very painful, but it's even more painful now, and I'm left with a scab and swollen lump where the bandage adhered to my skin.  Further, even where the adhesive did not pull my skin off, my arm is red and raw where the bandage adhered to my skin.  Unless you want to lose a layer of dermis, don't use these.

Invisible Waterproof Germ Protection

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

There are times when I don't want a bandage to be visible but I need it to be strong enough that it is going to stay on my skin through the day regardless of what I am doing. I have tried a lot of different waterproof bandages over the years and some of them have worked better than others. The same thing can be said about clear bandages.

Nexcare's Waterproof Clear Bandages will work on about 80% of your wounds depending on the size. For fingers, smaller cuts, areas that are bent often and anything that's visible, these are a nice thing to try. The larger the area of the wound the less effective a bandage is going to be because of the amount of skin it has to cover and the limited amount of adhesive that's used on the edges.

I like these when I get a paper cut on my finger or when I have cracks on my fingers from dry skin. It prevents the cuts or cracks from getting worse, protects them from germs and infections and since it is clear it doesn't draw a lot of attention to my hand when I am talking or doing a presentation.

AMAZING. LOVE THEM. Already purchased them for my family.

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

Recieved my sample and used it while running. Running in Florida you sweat a lot. I was amazed I did not loose my bandage running or even after a shower. I love it. I will be buying Nexcare for me and my family.
Catherine Pagliazzo

Stays on in water!

from Sanbornville, NH

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

Oh my goodness!! I received a couple of these bandages as samples. I kept forgetting I had them so it's probably been a few months since I got them. I finally had occasion to use one today. I am so impressed with this product that you know I'll be telling anyone who stands in one place long enough to listen. I have washed my hands numerous times throughout the day, and this little bandage is still stuck like glue! I need to buy some to keep on hand!

Nexcare Waterproof Bandages Stay Put!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

The wrapper states that the packaging contains latex.

Nexcare Waterproof Clean Bandages work well

from Urbana, IL

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

I was able to purchase the Nexcare waterproof bandages with a high value coupon, so I didn't have to invest much to try them out. I figured what do I have to loose. This product can be purchased at many different retailers. At first I was very skeptical, we've tried bandages that claim to be waterproof, but they are not really. We first tried these when my husband had an cut on this back that required stitches and it was difficult for him to apply the bandage himself. These bandages worked very well. He could wear them for 2-3 days with daily showers and they still worked well. Also sometimes we have issues with irritations due to adhesive on bandages-we did not have any problems with this product. They worked so well that we recommended them to my in-laws and they purchased some to try also. The negatives of this product is that I wish that these came in larger sizes and larger quantities per box. Also they are kind of expensive.

Good for hands constantly in water.

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

My hands are constantly in water, washing my hands....cleaning....and when I get a "boo-boo" as my 3 year old would say, I go and grab the Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages because they do hold up really well in water and protect my "boo-boo". I would recommend this product and have to my family and friends.

Nexcare Waterproof Bandages Ripped My Skin!

from Westfield, IN

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

I am very unhappy with the Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages I purchased about a year ago! I had a spot on my upper thigh that I applied a bandaid to (I believe it was a mosquito bite that was super itchy, so I covered it.) Yes, it definitely WAS waterproof...that's the one thing that was actually positive, thus keeping me from making this review ZERO stars. The problem was, it was TOO waterproof! When I took the bandage off a few days later, it ripped my skin off, and gave me a bloody abrasion in the shape of the bandage. I didn't rip it off, either. I pulled it off normally. I've only used one of the bandages, and to be fair, it was about a year ago, and I did file a complaint with Nexcare about it, so it's possible that if others made the same complaint, they could have changed their manufacturing to make it less sticky. I doubt it, but it's possible. Another thing that annoyed me was that when I made the complaint, the customer service representative told me she would send me out another box. Why on earth would I want another box of bandages that rip my skin?!? I told her that she could send me a DIFFERENT package, which she did...she sent me the fabric bandages, which I liked FAR MORE than these waterprooof ones.

One more thing I don't like about clear bandages in general is that when you take off the protective strips, they often roll up and adhere to themselves, which is difficult to un-stick.

Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages are a clear success!

from Olive Branch, MS

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

Let me start off by saying that these are the real McCoy.

Compared to other adhesive bandages I have used, these are the ones I always find myself coming back to. Nexcare has a real winner with this product: inexpensive, incredibly easy to remove from the package, and just as easy to apply. It even takes care of the ever-so-pesky problem with having oddly-colored bandages hanging off of you in various visible places. Clear Bandages are discretion's best friend.

Just by looking at the packaging that these things are enclosed in, I am instilled with the knowledge that what lies inside is a great product - even if it is one I hope I never have to use again. But as a perpetual klutz I am happy to take comfort in the fact that I can always come back to Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages any time I manage to accidentally injure myself: be it working in the home, cooking in the kitchen, or even on the go.

Nexcare is now my favorite bandage brand.

from Lake Ozark, MO

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

I love these because they truly are waterproof, and it takes quite a lot to make them come off before you are ready for them to.  The different sizes are great.  Especially the smallest ones.  Perfect for that tiny scrape you just need to keep covered.  I also love the clear design, because it doesn't draw a lot of attention to the injury.

I will only buy Nexcare Bandages

from Merrimack, NH

Comments about Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages:

I had first used Nexcare waterproof bandages on my daughters, with pictures of princesses on them.  I was impressed with the way they stayed on, even during a tub, but were easily removable when needed.  So I picked up a more adult version with the plain clear.  I will never use another brand of bandages again.  The Nexcare waterproof bandages are great for fingertip cuts, I hated the way Bandaids or the fabric bandages would get wet and come off.  With three kids at home I am constantly washing my hands after diaper changes, and the nexcare bandages do not need mutliple changes like you would have to another brand.  I also use them on my heels, and they are so comfortable that I forget that I even have one on!  i like that it is clear too, and how easily you canremove them without the ripping of a normal bandaid.  I will only buy Nexcare Waterproof in clear and also the character designs for my children.