3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Long rides means long sun exposure as well!

Even wearing a leather jacket and helmet while riding you still have exposed skin that will get burned. Putting on a sunblock is a no brainer, especially on an 11 hour ride!**Banana Boat Ultra Mist Spf 50 Spray**I bought this before I left because my face, neck and wrists would still be exposed even with all my safety clothing on. My gloves have holes at the knuckles and I forgot to apply it there so needless to say my knuckles got a little burnt...lolEasy to apply as you just spray it on with no wiping needed, I did however spray it on my hands to put it on my face so I wouldn't get any in my eyes. It worked great too as the sun was beaming on me the entire ride to Indiana and back(well most of the way back anyway, I got wet the last 150 miles...lol)The 4 days I spent camping were sunny and this Banana Boat came in very handy and even though I spent 4 days exposed I never once got burned. I did however get a very deep bikers tan....yes my forehead has a white stripe from wearing my doo rag....lolThis Banana Boat Ultra has a very nice scent and feels just slightly oily to me but not enough to make me break out from it. It goes on very easy and doesn't seem to be affected by sweating at all. I applied it twice each day, once in the morning and again around 3pm just to be safe. I still have about a 1/3 of the can left so it doesn't take a lot to stay protected from the sun.**Bottom Lime**This is my first time using Banana Boat but it will not be my last, I really enjoyed using it and had great success with it to keep from getting burned. I used it before the Brickyard 400 and I was the only one in our group that didn't get sunburned at the race!

The Alcohol Will Catch You On Fire.

If anyone still has some of this sunscreen, I would suggest throwing it out. We bought some of this over a year ago on eBay, little did we know about the recall, and it shouldn't be sold. Not only is this a horrible sunscreen, they had cases of people literally catching on fire! It's not a safe product at all.

I purchased this with about a half dozen other sunscreens that were being sold in a "lot" on eBay last year. The others worked well, but I found this didn't work at all. It shouldn't have even been sold, as I think there was a recall on it when I purchased it. I'm glad we quit using it because there have been reports of people catching on fire when this is used. It has a terrible alcohol smell, which I think is the reason it has made people catch on fire.

Longevity
It doesn't work as a sunscreen because of the alcohol content in this, it doesn't protect you in the sun's harmful UV rays. It works like a suntan lotion and not a sunscreen.

My kids and I ended up burnt when we went to the lake last year, after applying this. It offers no protection from the sun, even though it has an SPF of 30. The sunscreen in it doesn't work because the alcohol cancels it out, leaving you burnt.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply.

The Alcohol Will Catch You On Fire.

from Blackwell, OK

Longevity

Ease of Application
Easy to apply.

Blotchy and Burnt!

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

Going to the Bahamas in May was not the best idea, neither was using Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen. First day, first hour, I began to feel like I was burning. I checked, nothing. I reapplied anyways. 3 hours later I was bright red. I looked like someone who didn't use any sunscreen, never mind a person that reapplied three times!
The mister, who has much more is a tan complexion than me burnt. I looked like a lobster, while he looked like a red and white puzzle. This left him blotchy. Burnt in some areas, white in others. We must have been a sight to see!
As soon as we switched sunscreens, we were not burning anymore. I do blame my burn on this sunscreen and I now know why it is recalled. I don't think I will ever buy this again, because it does not work! I would not ever put this on myself again and would never put this on a child. My favorite part about this sunscreen is the generic sunscreen smell, just because it reminds me of summer.

• Ease of Application:

The clear ultra mist was not sticky.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

The spray went on easily and it did not leave a sticky residue. The spray can also lasted through several uses. Compared to other brands I prefer Banana Boat Ultra Mist. It is also less expensive than other brands.

• Ease of Application:

super convenient, but you pay the price

from Champaign, IL

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

Putting on sunscreen is always a time-consuming job (and we don't even have kids yet!) My husband's parents have both had melanoma (a form of skin cancer) and so he is advised to be very careful to protect his screen. I appreciate his dilligence in taking care of his skin by applying sunscreen frequently and seeing a dermatologist, but it is so time consuming!

I may just want to run outside for a quick walk or bike ride or jump in the lake... but we can't go until every square inch is covered in sunscreen! This banana boat continuous spray sunscreen is a huge blessing! You can fully cover yourself in sunscreen in a few short minutes!

It is super easy (and quick) to apply. It seems to do the job as well as other sunscreens (as far as I can tell. The one down side it is very over-priced. When compraing prices at the store it may seem comprable but it lasts 1/2 or 1/3 as long as the typical bottle of sunscreen. If you are willing to pay for it, it is a great product! We won't be using it all of the time, but for those times when you need to get ready QUICKLY, I will be buying it again!

I have never been burnt using Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sunblock

from Princeton, IN

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunblock is a wonderful product.  I use this product every time we go to the lake.  I really like the mist because it takes a long time to put lotion sunscreens on everyone and with Banana Boat Ultra Mist you can just spray and go.  It has a really good smell and does not leave you feeling greasy.  I have tried lots of other sunscreens and I prefer this over any lotion or even the spray on lotions.  Your hands don't get the greasy feeling that most sunscreen give you.  You can also reapply less often.  I am not sure what makes it work so well but even after swimming we normally only have to reapply about once a day when we are out for 4-6 hours.  It stays with you.  The only thing that has been an issue for us is that when the wind is blowing, it being a mist is really hard to get properly covered.  We more than likely use way more than necessary at that point.  And the only other thing is that it does leave a mist film on any window or boat windshield or anything else you are around.  If that makes you no difference than this is the product for you.

Banana Boat mist spf 30 works great on vey fair skin!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

I have VERY fair skin and I burn VERY easy. I used this the last time we went to the beach. I only had to apply it once when we first got there. It goes on with little mess and lasts for hours. Even though it is spf 30 I did still get a little color but not burned at all. I was very generous when I sprayed it on so the bottle didn't last very long but I would definately buy this product again.

Love Love Love this sunscreen!!!

from Wrightstown, WI

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

I am the first to admit that I hate wearing sunscreen.  it's so greasy and just plain annoying to rub on.  With this spray, I actually use it and love it!  The trick is to put it on where it's not windy.  The first few times I used it, I sprayed forever because I didn't feel like I was actually getting anything out of it.  Eventually, I got used to the lightweight feel and started using less and less.  Just a quick mist and it's on.  My husband loves it too.  He hates lotions in general, so trying to put sunscreen on him is a chore.  But he doesn't mind this.  It's convenient and I don't need to worry about washing my hands afterwards.  I spray it on my face and don't have the oily look afterwards.  I haven't purchased any other type of sunscreen since I discovered this.

I love this stuff

from Athens, IL

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

I felt like it went on easy, covered well, and did not have to be rubbed in or spread around. I was protected evenly. I will buy it again.The only problem is that everyone who comes to the pool wants to use my sunscreen because they like it better than the stuff they have to spread on by hand,  especially if they only want to use a thirty in certain spots and do not want the higher protection level to carry over to areas where they have a lower level.   It is not greasy and I have not had an issue with it leaving any stains etc.   I do not mind the way it feels and I got use to that very easily.  My daughters love it because they can just spray each other and do not get it on their hands, which can end up in their eyes.  They spray each other, and they get nice even coverage on each other.  They have recommended their friends try it when they come over to swim.  I will buy it every year in different levels if I can.

damaged my son's skin

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

This sunscreen has alcohol in it and damaged the skin on my son's face.  He has dry skin and we applied it, it caused his skin to peel off, leaving his skin completely discolored and blotchy.  I'm certain his skin will even out after his remaining summer tan fades, but this is really bad.

So Great, You Stay White!

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen:

We did a 2 week Spainish cruise & with Irish skinned husband I knew a good sunblock was necessary.  Consumer Reports applauded **Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport** so I was off to find it.  Giant Eagle had it & 30 was our choice.  So every morning afer his shower, he sprayed his whole body & head as did I.  We walked Madrid, Vigo, Lison Portugal. The Azores, and days in the sun on a louger on our aft balcony.

When we got home folks could'nt not believe that we went to Spain since we were winter white with no tan at all.  Turns out 30 was too strong for both of us.  So now it is 15 and yes a nic tan does shows.

This doesn't wash off in a pool or ocean, so it is great for kids too, including babies.