4.1
PRODUCT RECALLED

Banana Boat Kids UltraMist Sunscreen SPF 50 Continuous Clear Spray

4.1

Banana Boat Ultra Mist Coats and Protects in a Few Easy Steps

Sunburns are often very painful and while they are a fact of life, they are one type of pain that can easily be controlled with some simple preventive maintenance. Children are often the most vulnerable, due to their short attention spans and tendency to forget protection. Fortunately, there are plenty of products available to protect the skin and one of the best is **Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sunscreen for Kids**, a product made with 50 SPF protection. ** ****Sunscreen Commentary:**** **Banana Boat Spray Sunscreen for Kids is a liquid type of sunscreen that is dispensed through a metal bottle. This sunscreen is actually lotion, but the mist is so fine, it coats the skin evenly and requires no further action. It is ready to protect and even remains waterproof for up to eighty minutes. Manufacturers make many different child- specific sunscreen products and most of them offer good protection from the sun, but Banana Boat Sunscreen for Kids beats most of them for several reasons. Most important among the reasons is the ease of application. This product is manufactured as a lotion mist/spray. Unlike regular sunscreen lotion, this product sprays out evenly and thinly, eliminating the need to massage into the skin. This isn't a big deal for adults, but spreading the lotion isn't always an easy task with anxious children who often do not want to wait for mom or dad to complete this necessary task. Another nice quality with this sunscreen is the fact that it doesn't feel cold when it touches the skin. It isn't warm, but it isn't cold, either. The mist is cool to lukewarm, which means it won't result in the "oohhh!" reaction so common when ordinary sunscreen lotion comes in contact with skin and produces a chilled feeling.   Ease of application is important, but the most important factor with any sunscreen is its ability to block the sun's harmful rays. Banana Boat Sunscreen for Kids performs very well in this area. The 50 SPF protection level isn't the highest amount on the market, but it is sufficient for most needs. Even after a couple of hours in the pool, there is only the slightest sign of any color in my little girls' skin, if anything at all. This proves that the product works as promised.  Another nice feature of Because Banana Boat Sunscreen for Kids is the quick drying time. The manufacturer recommends applying this lotion mist fifteen minutes before exposure to the sun commences. This is to make sure the liquid/lotion has had a chance to dry completely. I have found that this is a long estimate- it usually dries in less time. This is much better than traditional lotion sunscreen, which often takes so long to absorb into the skin that individuals get tired of waiting and jump into a swimming pool too soon, causing some of the lotion to wash off.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Kids love the great outdoors, so it is imperative that their delicate skin be protected from the harmful rays of the sun. Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sunscreen for Kids is one of the best sunscreen products made for children, not only for its protection, but also for its ease of application, lack of the need to rub in, and the short time needed to dry. It is a product we use with confidence and while it does cost more than a tube of sunscreen lotion, this product is easily worth the additional money.

Ouchie Mama

Its always lovely here in Florida, even in the winter and that is my problem. I am middle aged, semi red-headed, freckled. In other words, sun intollerant. Hence, my use of childrens' sunscreens. The latest I tried was the Banaba Boat brand for children in the ultra mist. Which was a sought after feature because a lot of the time when I am needing to use the sunscreen I am alone. And in this respect I thought I was on the right track breaking from my usual "pink bottle" which tends to make me break out, but does keep me from being burned. My mistake.

It began sunday morning when the usual whining to be taken to the community pool burst from my daughter, which means that I have to either sit under an umbrella (for lack of shade poolside) or grease myself up like the highly sought after pig at the county fair.I decided to go with greased and swim for a change to my daughters delight and utter astonishment. I used the *Banana Boat Kids SPF 50 Ultra Fine Mist* that morning. The spray was lacking on "mist" and heavy on runny and I ended up needing my daughter to smear it to eveness on my back anyways. I was pleased to see "very water resistent" directly on the front of the bottle and I was excited that it didnt seem too heavy or greasy and was looking forward to a few hours of play time with minimal reapplication while we were there.

No such luck. Not only is it not very water resistent, it left a trail in the water till it was gone and seemed to evaporate directly away. I am not saying that it wasnt there, it just wasn't on me. I had waited the expected twenty minutes before going swimming as the directions said,(what other person reads that far down a label but thoes desperate for coverage?) but after about twenty minutes I could feel the burn begining on my face which never even touched water. After a half hour I got out, toweled off and reapplied the product, waited another twenty minutes then went back in. No luck. It just didn't seem to work where pools are concerned. So....I gave it a dry run poolside while I waited for my girl to be done. No luck there either. What I didn't sweat off immediately didn't seem to work and I retired home with a not-quite-sizzling sunburn but a burn none the less, and two days of sun-sickness after for this sunscreen trial. I guess I am back to the pink bottle and breakouts. .

Effective, easily applicable and kid friendly.

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Banana Boat Kids UltraMist Sunscreen SPF 50 Continuous Clear Spray:

Extremely easy to apply and quick to absorb without having to deal with all the rubbing in and white patches that plague a lot of other kid sunscreen brands. The nozzle is also easy to press and aim and my daughter enjoys applying it herself before preschool in the mornings.

• Absorption:

My new favorite kids sunscreen.

from Panama City, FL

I really liked this product. It was easier to apply than some of the other brands I have tried. Also, the spray did not scatter into the air without actually getting onto the skin. It was not greasy either.

My son did not get burnt, but I did not test it under extreme conditions. We live in Florida so pale people like me and my son can burn in just a few minutes.

The scent was pleasant and not overpowering or lingering.

Absorption
I have tried several types of spray-on kids sunscreen. This one was the easiest to apply. It absorbed quickly, but without a lot of alcohol which burns my sons sensitive skin.

• Absorption:

Fun in the sun!

from Kannapolis, NC

I love this product. It's so wonderful to use a product that's #1 easy to use, #2 effective, #3 affordable. My kids don't fuss or complain when I'm spraying them down before we head outside to the pool or beach. The person who invented sunscreen in an aerosole can was brilliant! So easy! Thank you Banana Boat!!

Banana Boat UltraMist is a must for is a must for summer play!

from Wichita Falls, TX

I absolutely love how easy the Playtex Banana Boat UltraMist Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 50 For Kids is to apply. You can lock and unlock the sprayer so there are no accidental sprays on people or in your bag. Just push the button and spray. Simple as that. Spray it on and your done! With little ones having tear-free products are a must. Nothings more sad than your baby crying because of getting a product you put on them in their eyes. It is also water resistant for water play so there is no need to reapply every time they get in and out of the water. It is clinacally tested to be mild to kids skin and eyes. I use it most often when my children are just playing outside. It protects the from the sun. They have fair skin so they sunburn fast, but this sunscreen doesn't break down so it last longer than a lot of other sunscreens. Banana Boat has always made quality products and this item is no different.

Banana Boat Rocks

from Kill Devil Hills, NC

Since I live at the beach I am always having to use sunscreen on the kids. I have a 13 year old and a 3 year old and I have used this product on both of them plus myself. It is easy to spray on and sprays in a fine mist that drys fast and sand does not stick to it. My oldest daughter will just spray it on her face with her eyes closed but with my littlest one I will spray it in my hand and  then put it on her face. It does a great job of protecting their skin. They have never had a sun burn when I have used this product. I would recommend that if you are in the water for any great length of time that you reapply. I am sure this goes with all sunscreen. But since it is a spray this takes no time at all and it will even spray upside down so you can do your own back and you dont have to rub it in for it to be effective. The only down side is that I have had a few bottles that foamed up after a couple of uses but I still could use the bottles it was just a little messier, so I put the sunscreen in a plastic zip lock bag and we were good to go.

Playtex bananna boat ultarmist lasts longer then other sprays.

from Macon, GA

This spray sunscreen is great for the price. It is easy to apply on kids and lasts for hours. It keeps them safe from the sun and moisturizes too!!! My kids hated me putting on that thick white lotion. This product makes it easy on them.

Ultramist by Banana Boat is a great solution for kids

from Utica, NY

i have been using this product for my kids and it really solves the purpose of being sunscreen. because its a spray the kids dont mind it much and at the end of the day they are not crying from sunburn. The colorful design, makes it fun for them to spray each other.

the banana boat ultra mist spf 50 for kids it is really good.

from Summerville, SC

the banana boat ultra mist spf 50 for kids it's one of the best protections for my kids I have found.   The only problem I had with it is that it felt a little oily.  after that I love you can spray it anywhere on they're little bodies and you don't end up with patches.

so easy to use.... LOVE IT

from Buffalo, NY

This product is one of my very favorites. I have three children and remembering to apply sunscreen every so often and taking the time to do it..is difficult...with this product it is so simple..I just spray it on the kids and rub it in (which you don't have to do) and you are all done!! so simple and so easy:-)

Platex Banana Boat Sunscreen Spray For Kids Is Fun In The Sun!

from Scottsdale, AZ

I believe this product is great. It is convenient and it also helps the kids want to put on sunscreen. I tis easy to use, easy to carry, and inexpensive. My son loves being outside, he love the outdoors, and he has fair skin, so this was a life saver. He can spray it himself, which is also a plus because he is 7 and trying to be a big boy now. I like how he can have fun in the sun, while also learning responsibility, safety and how to e healthy. I believe in healthy kids, and with skin cancer a very serious issue, I want my kids protected. This product makes it a fun part of the beach routine and allows my whole family to have a great time by knowing that our children can enjoy themselves and not have to worry about sun burn, sun caner, or oily skin. To top it off, no oils on the swim suits or t shirts. We use this product for just a sunny day running errands and it does wonders with not getting on the seat, clothes, etc. It truly is a great product!