View more travel systems

Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Our Sit N Stand owes us nothing! We lived in it for years.

When we found out that we were having our second child I began researching strollers that would accomodate our newborn and our very active (then) 3 year old.  I was the annoying mom at the park asking random strangers about their strollers and staying up late looking on the internet.  When I saw a mom at the park with the Baby Trend Sit N Stand I knew I had found what I needed.

Once my daughter was born we purchased the stroller at a local retailer and put it to use.  We attached the bar so we could use her car seat.  My 3 year old had plenty of room sitting behind the car seat.  I wish the opening to the basket was a little wider because I had a large diaper bag.  Once I felt comfortable leaving the house without the kitchen sink and downsized the diaper bag it was perfect.  The basket under was definately large enough for everthing.  I put my purse, three winter kid coats and my winter coat in it and still had some room.

I love that it folds flat and I still have plenty of room in my midsize car's trunk for groceries or the like.  It folds easily so I don't have to fight with it.  Once my youngest was old enough to get out of the carseat we took the bar off and attached the foot rest and tray. The sun shade, foot rest and tray attach very easily. She would sit comfortably with a snack in the tray and drink in the holder.  The seat reclined enough to let her sleep comfortably and still my oldest had enough room in the back.

Finally,  I know that it is not recommended, but I could have my oldest sit in the back, a friend of hers stand in the back and keep the baby up front which made life so much easier when taking trips with friends.

We just passed this stroller on to a friend who is about to have her second and after 3 years with my family there is still a lot of life left in it.  I was sad to see our stroller go, but we definately got our money's worth with this amazing piece of baby gear.

Not the best Sit N Stand Stroller.

I was looking for a stroller that i could put my baby into and my older kids could easily hop in and out of. This stroller was priced well, but the quality isn't that great and the stroller is impossible to turn. It seems quite heavy compared to a Graco double stroller I also own. Probably would advice against purchasing this stroller.

Wish I'd gotten one sooner

from Arkansas

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

Oh holy moly, how we love this stroller. Since owning ours, they've only gotten better. Drink holders for the parents have been added, more storage underneath. When I was pregnant with my second baby, my first was still very young. I thought (wrongly) that the "sit and stand" part would be too old for my son who would be 22 months when our baby would be born.

So, I got the double stroller that has the two seats one behind the other. And pretty much hated it from the word go. It is too long. It doesn't make corners well. I hit people/things all the time trying to turn down aisles and misjudging how long the stroller was. So we got a double jogger. Which is awesome for working out, but when you are doing things like Farmer's Market, Fun Parks, fairs, very busy places, it feels like you are driving a Buick through there.

This stroller is shorter than the duo gliders by far, and it is skinnier than a double jogger.I wasn't aware there was a safety belt for small children, this would have been perfect for our 22 month old. I also didn't know that these come with extra attachments for infant carriers. It would have been perfect for a new baby and a 22 month old. IT IS PERFECT for my 2 year old and 4 year old now.

I often have other children that want to ride on the stand part. I've pushed up to four kids at a time (2 standing, one sitting in the back and one sitting in the front) because its such a popular stroller amongst the kiddos.

Love it! Wish I'd gotten a newer one, so I had the extra cargo at the bottom.

Pros outweigh Cons with the Sit-n-stand stroller

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

My kids are spaced three years apart so I thought the sit-n-stand stroller was a good option to let me three year old feel like a big kid, but still have the choice of riding in a stroller if she wanted to or I needed her to.  It really has been useful for those times when you don't want to worry about either kid walking.  We take it to the mall or if we are going somewhere that requires a lot of walking.  My daughter, even now that she is 4 years old, will request it sometimes so that she will have somewhere to sit.  It's nice to have that option.  I loved that I could hook my baby's carseat on the front when he was little.  The negatives of this stroller are:

1. It really is big and bulky, but what double stroller isn't.  I mean it has to fit two kids on it.

2.  Due to it's size, it doesn't drive or turn that easily.

3.  You have to take the front tray off the front of the stroller to fold it up, so basically we never have a tray on there because I always forget it.  I miss having that to set treats on.

4.  It's not good for letting the child in back get comfy, but I guess that's the price of letting the older one be more independent with a bench.

This stroller has been useful for us, but the cons have been annoying.  Most of them may just be annoyances that you have to live with just because you have a double stroller.

great find

from Brush Creek, TN

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

I love this stroller but it does come with some sacrifices.  It was very easy to assemble and the instructions were very clear.  The stroller is extremely durable and stylish.  I have a three year old and a nine month old.  I loved that when my nine month old was smaller I could just hook his carseat right into the stroller and not have to get him out and move him several times just for short trips in the store or wherever.  It adjusts really easily to the seat now that my son is older and can sit in the stroller without his carrier.  The five point harness is a must have if your baby is as curious and rambunctiuos as my little one.  My older son can hop up and down as he pleases and makes things alot easier on me.  The downside is there is little storage under the bottom of the stroller.  I can fit a few things in but the seat for the older child really blocks the storage underneath.  It is also very long and hard to make sharp turns.

Total love-hate relationship with my sit and stand stroller!

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

I have two kids, twenty-two months apart.  I registered and received this before my second was born.  The stroller is easy to assemble, I did while 8 months pregnant with a 2 year old to "help".  I folds up relatively easily and fits into the back of my crv with no problem.  It has a lot of options, as far as how to put the kids in.  The front or back seat can hold a baby carrier and the front seat also has a tray attachment.

The basket is really hard to get to when your kids are in the stroller.  While loading them, it's no problem, you just load the basket before the kids, but if you have to get something in or out of the basket, the child standing has to get off the stroller.

It is REALLY hard to manuever.  It's long and bulky.  It's heavy when in use, but I'm not sure what stroller wouldn't be heavy with two kids in it!

I'm still rating it 4 stars, because it is one of the only strollers I've seen that will keep both my kids buckled in and accessible.  It's the only stroller I can use when I'm out by myself with both kids, but I do prefer two singles when my husband is with us.

My sit-n-stand has lasted 4 years and two kids! Great product!

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

I bought the sit-n-stand when my youngest was born.  I had a 2 year old already who did not want to sit in a stroller so the part where he could chose to "sit or stand" was perfect for him!  And it was very easy to put my daughters infant carrier in the front.  Then when she was big enough to be out of her carrier, it was simple to take the bar off and convert  it to just the stroller for her.

It has lasted 4 years and several vacations and road trips!  It is light weight, easy to fold.  The kids still like to ride in it now and they are 4 and 6!  I would recommend this product to anyone who has two children and does not wan to buy the big, double wide, side by side stroller!

The only negative thing that I would say about this is that the front wheels have trouble turning every now and again.  But I attribute that on ours, to all the weight we have in it now with the 4 and 6 year old.  Other than that, great product for the money!

Have enjoyed having this stroller

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

I am the Queen of looking at reviews before I purchase ANYTHING! It drives my husband crazy. But I spent about 6 months back and forth trying to decide what stroller would be best for my 2.5 year old and newborn. The stores in my area do not have a lot of choices for double strollers to look at in the store so that left me looking on the internet. My concerns were: the weight limit of the stroller, weight of the stroller itself, holding universal carseat, being able to put carseat infront or back, making sure the it was a sit and stand combination. So my little boy is about 32 lbs. and weight limit not an issue, weight of the stroller isn't too bad still a bit heavy but that is to be expected with a double stroller, it holds my evenflo carseat just fine actually the trays have a feature that you can tilt them down in order for the latch of the carseat back to fit in a feel more secure. I can put the carseat in the front or back, which I think is nice, some of the strollers only allow the carseat to be either/or. The sit and stand combitnation has not been put to use yet. My son is still pretty content with sitting in the stroller itself, so I have not made it into the stand option yet. Trying to wait until we go to Disney so maybe he will not be up and everywhere with me chasing him. Over all I love the stroller the reason that I gave it a 4 instead of 5 star is because when you fold it you have to make sure the wheels are turned the same way and that is sometimes a hassle. But great and durable.

We love our Baby Trend Sit N Stand LX Stroller

from Garner, NC

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

When I found out that I was pregnant with our second child I knew I wanted a Sit & Stand stroller. A friend of mine who had two children had one and used it when we went Trick or Treating one year and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. We had 4 kids with us that night and at one time or another all four of them took turns riding from house to house. My two girls absolutely love this one. We looked at a bunch of them before we choose this one. It is easy for me to fold and throw in the back of my SUV and unfolds quickly as well. My 5 year old and get on and off easily. And I have had three kids on mine at one time with one infant in the car seat and two preschool girls sitting on the seat. I call it my Cadillac and it can be hard to manuever in tight spaces but in my opinion that is only to be expected with something like this. My diaper bag fits in the basket underneath but not easily. I usually don't bother with it and hang it from the handle. The basket does have snaps to make the opening wider but I wish the seat flipped up to make it easier. Also I wish it had a snack tray and cup holder for the older child in the back. A cup holder for Mom/Dad would be nice as well!

Still working awesome and looks brand new - just took both girls (6 & 2) on a walk with it yesterday...it was beautiful here

Versatility
love it!

so easy

Safety
very safe in my opinion...never had an issue

easy

• Safety:

Perfect for the Growing Toddler!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

This is the perfect stroller for families with multiple children close in age.  I have two boys, one 34 months, the other 18 months.  Prior to purchasing this stroller, I had a regular double stroller (side by side).  My eldest hated being strapped in the stroller. He would make such a fuss everytime I took him out as he felt too confined.

A friend recommended the Baby Trend Sit N Stand.  I love this stroller for plenty of reasons.  One, it is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver around (even in tight or crowded spaces).  Two, it gives my eldest son options to be comfortable while strolling.  Sometimes he chooses to stand and at other times he sits (yet he feels now he has freedom to move, less confined, big plus!).  My youngest likes being able to be strolled without his older brother crowding him.  And I know that when he gets to be two to three years old, he will enjoy the freedom of movement.  I also find that I am able to store bags etc in the compartment below without crowding my children.

The cost is very reasonable in comparison to a lot of other strollers.  So another perfect reason to shop this stroller!

• Safety:

So great if you have 2 young children...a little cumbersome!

from Chico, CA

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

When I first found out that I was pregnant with our second child I began looking for a double stroller that would accommodate our growing family's needs and the Baby Trend Sit n Stand Stroller was the answer.  I bought it off of Craigs list for less than half of what a new one costs and it was in mint condition! It has been my best friend ever since! My girls love going on walks anywhere and everywhere! Since my husband takes the car to work everyday and we're stuck at home without a car this has been so helpful to have! We can take it to the store to get a few things...not too many because the underside storage area is not huge but we were able to fit quite a few things in last time we went to a drugstore! It is a little hard to steer when your kids get bigger because of the weight on the wheels but it is still doable.  The other thing that is a little hard to do sometimes is folding it up. The bottom bin part gets stuck on my wheels sometimes. Other than that I have loved my Sit n Stand and I use it all the time!

Versatility
It is pretty huge...takes up quite a bit of space in the trunk!

A damp rag doesn't quite do the trick!

• Safety:

Not the easiest task to push this stroller

from Loveland, CO

Comments about Baby Trend Sit N Stand Travel System:

Ok, so I bought this stroller when my baby was in the infant carseat and my older daughter was 3.  I thought it would work perfect considering I could clip the infant carseat on the front and still have my three year old ride on the back.

My first complaint was it is really big and bulky.  You have to have an extender bar attached to the front in order to clip the carseat on. That makes it even longer!  It only has one canopy for the front seat, so your child on the back is not protected from the sun and rain.

It is very hard to steer when both children are on it.  It is almost impossible to turn corners and is even harder to get up curbs.  The basket is hard to access because it is hidden under the front seat, I couldn't even get my average sized diaper bag in it without first smushing it almost flat.

I think there are better brands of sit and stand strollers.  I ended up getting rid of this one and buying the Fisher Price Double Stroller, it is much easier to control.  Although still big, I like it better.