Other Baby Carriers:

Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier

Pros

Cons

• Parents' Comfort:

Baby-wearing parents and babies will LOVE this carrier!

I've used the Baby K'Tan since my son was 2 weeks and approximately 8 pounds through the present day. He is now 13 months and 23+ pounds and we're still going strong with this...Read complete review

I've used the Baby K'Tan since my son was 2 weeks and approximately 8 pounds through the present day. He is now 13 months and 23+ pounds and we're still going strong with this carrier.

The sling has a variety of carries which is great for a growing baby. I've been able to nurse with my son in the sling, and no one was the wiser!

It's machine-washable and you can toss it in the dryer.

I've worn my son for several hours at a time, and I'm never sore! The carrier distributes the weight over both of your shoulders and through your back, which makes for a comfortable fit.

It's extremely simple to figure out how to put it on. Watch the instructional videos on the Baby K'Tan web site and you'll be able to put your baby in it successfully on your first attempt.

The sling folds up to take up minimal space. It's lightweight and durable and I'm confident that we'll be able to continue using it for many more months, and for future children.

It's a great value for the money.

If you try only one sling, try this one!

The Baby Ktan is a great idea but limited in usefulness

The Baby KTan baby carrier was a baby shower gift and among my many carriers. I also have various slings, the ergobaby, and the baby bjorn. The idea behind the baby Ktan is that you can use it from newborn period through toddlerhood. It provides the most variety of positions as well as hip support. However, my baby did not like the Baby Ktan during the newborn phase. Perhaps he felt that the Ktan held him TOO close. In contrast, the sling (maya wrap) was more adjustable if he felt too hot or uncomfortable and was much more useful during the newborn period. We did find the Baby Ktan useful between about 3 months of age until about 6 months of age. During this time, I carried my baby in front of me either forward-facing or rear-facing. In comparison to the baby bjorn, the Baby Ktan was much more comfortable because of the hip support provided by the hip sash. In addition, I loved the soft cotton material of the baby Ktan. The main disadvantage was that it took practice to learn to use the Ktan, and it was more difficult to use compared to other carriers (i.e. taking the baby in/out).

Comfortable and easy to use!

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

I have had several mommy friends recommend the moby wrap but I wanted something really easy to use and I have heard that the Moby can be a challenge to get used to. I did some research on the Baby K'Tan wrap and was really interested. It is similar to the Moby but seemed to be easier to get on and get baby situated.
We received the K'Tan and was very pleased when our baby was born! My first recommendation is to read reviews to help you determine the proper sizing. After reading what other people had ordered and their body type I ordered a size that ended up being the perfect fit for both my husband and I. My baby LOVED to be held and the K'Tan allowed him to be nice and close but also gave my back a break and my hands more freedom!
For a soft sling carrier I was really pleased with the ease of getting it on and baby situated. I felt really comfortable wearing it and felt my son was snug and secure. It was really nice to have an option to carry him in when I didn't want to deal with the stroller. The K'Tan comes with a short manual that shows great images and step by step instructions on the different carrying positions. We used this up until my son was about 5 months old. For some it might not be a worthy investment but we loved it those first months before we transitioned to a different carrier.

• Parents' Comfort:

Easy to use and comfortable for baby

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

I bought this carrier when my son was a newborn because I had planned on baby wearing a lot. They recommend the infant be at least 8 lbs. before they can safely use this product. My son ended up being small and slow to gain weight so unfortunately, it was quite awhile before I could try the product out. I ended up using this carrier for traveling and special trips where I didn't want to haul around a stroller. It worked perfect for those occasions. One of the downsides is it can be rather difficult to nurse a baby in this carrier. I've heard from other moms that it is possible, but I think a sling would be better suited for that purpose. I can't wait to try it out again with my next child.

Safety
I always felt that my son was safe and secure in this carrier.

Baby's Comfort
My son liked being in this carrier. It can be a little awkward trying to get a bigger child in the carrier, but once he was in he was always happy.

Parents' Comfort
My shoulders would get a little sore while using this carrier. I did not use it very often so that may have contributed to the soreness because my body was not used to it. This was also when my son was an older infant, approaching 1 year. I don't think I would have had these problems had he been younger and lighter. (He was around 22 lbs.)

The reason I wanted to get this carrier is because it was easy to use. This carrier comes with instructions that demonstrate how you can achieve different positions. I found that after a few tries it was easy to remember how it all worked.

This carrier seems durable because it is made of cotton fabric. There are no straps or buckles that could wear out or break.

• Parents' Comfort:

Excellent wrap for beginners to baby-wearing!

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

A really great buy! Its been invaluable to me and my little one! Easy to use, easy to clean, lightweight, durable, small enough to not take up any space, and baby loves it! I wish they had more design choices though. This is perfect for mommy and daddy! Especially if you're looking for your very first wrap to begin your baby-wearing journey!

Safety
It takes some getting used to being hands-free, but this product feels completely safe. I've worn it daily for 6 months and there is absolutely no wearing or tearing of how secure it feels.

Baby's Comfort
Baby loves it! There's enough stretch for comfort, but still tight and secure!

Parents' Comfort
Very comfortable but can exhaust your back after 20-30 minutes. Baby's weight isn't evenly distributed.

So simple! I mastered the first two carries within three attempts!

I wish they came in more attractive fabrics and prints.

Extremely. It holds up regardless of how often you wash it or wear it!

• Parents' Comfort:

Comfortable for mom and baby

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

I really like this baby carrier because this one is made more for newborns. It is sized for their small bodies, and not quite developed yet muscles and bones. This baby carrier is very safe. It slides onto mom just like a shirt and is strong enough to support your babies weight. I like this baby carrier a lot because it is comfortable for my newborn and for me. It is made out of a nice soft material and is made to not weigh your back down. It fits comfortable on your shoulders, without having straps that dig in and cause neck pain. It is comfortable for baby because it is made tight and keeps your baby close to your body. It gives them the support they need especially under their heads. The material is soft and gentle on their skin. This baby carrier is fairly easy to use but can be difficult to put on the first few times. I really like the design of this because it is made to be super snug for your baby, it keeps my child really close to my body. This baby carrier is really durable, i have put it in the wash several times and have not had a problem.

We love our Baby K'Tan

from Michigan

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

When I was pregnant for our second child, our daughter, I did some very extensive research for the best baby carrier. I knew that I wanted more of a wrap than an actual carrier. I knew that it would help me out tremendously since I also have a tot running around too.

The Baby K'Tan is the one that eventually won me over. After reading many great reviews about it and seeing how easy it was to use in their how to videos I ordered one. We waited about a month or so to use it (even though it says at 8lbs you can use with caution) At first I just couldn't seem to get it right. But after a few practice runs around the house we got it.

My daughter is now 4 1/2 months and we can use different carrying positions. This makes it easier to use in my opinion. I have to say that this looks so much more simple than a regular wrap in which you just have one long strand of fabric you have to tie, manipulate and maneuver to get it to work. The K'Tan is just two loops that does the same job! They come in so many different colors and even give you the option to put your babys name on it. The sash also doubles as the carrying case too.

I had two other carriers as well to compare this one to and the K'Tan is our favorite. Although some may not love this carrier or maybe their baby's do not like to be carried, this one works for us and we love it!

Baby's Comfort
My baby girl has always seemed comfy in the K'Tan.

Parents' Comfort
Always comfy for me as well!

Takes some practice runs, but very easy once you get the hang of it. Much, much easier to use once baby gains some head support!

Nice soft, durable fabric.

• Parents' Comfort:

My favorite baby product!

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

If I had to choose one non-required baby product I would choose the k'tan! First, a little background on me: I am my baby's primary caretaker by far. My husband works over 80 hours a week consistently and I have no family or friends nearby who can help out. I would not have used or liked it nearly as much if I had more help. For ex, I used it just a few times a week when I'm visiting the grandparents.

I've used three different carrying positions since my baby was 7 lbs at 4 weeks and use two carrying positions consistently (like few times a day) at 15lbs at 5 months. I'm a petite gal at 5'3" and 100 lbs, and I can carry her facing inward for over an hour while doing housework no problem, and facing outward for almost an hour. It's comfortable forme and she started really loving it at about 5 weeks. Putting her face in is a surefire way to get her to sleep, and face out is a surefire way to get her happy and tired out for a good nap. I prefer this to my stroller, partly because she's happier in the k'tan. I ALWAYS use k'tan when I'm traveling; much easier to have two hands free.

There is definitely a learning curve, and it took me about a month or so to get REALLY comfortable with it, so don't give up! Also, after you wash it, it shrinks so I make sure to stretch it out pretty well before sticking baby in, or else she will be squished!

Safety
You have to be careful of the neck/head when they are younger. I never had any problems!

• Parents' Comfort:

Best Baby Carrier around!

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

I wish I had this with my first two kids. Instead I got it with my 3rd and it was invaluable with her and now with our 4th baby. My girl's have loved it on up into toddlerhood. I love having them close when they are tiny. I also love the ease of use with this carrier. Nothing to fasten or fiddle with, you just slip it on and go. It clean really easily too. A quick run through the washer and dryer and my K'tan comes out looking and fitting just like brand new. I can't say enough good things about my K'tan!
My husband was even willing to wear this a few times because it was so easy to slip on.

So easy to use and there are helpful videos for different carrying positions on their website.

Mine has been washed 20/30 times and lasted me through two babies.

Love this carrier

from Austin, TX

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

I absolutely love this baby carrier. I received it as a gift. Honestly, I didn't initially like the idea of a carrier and thought we would just use a stroller. However, we quickly discovered that our son was not content for very long in the stroller and preferred to be held. This carrier was a little tricky to figure out how to use at first. However, it is very comfortable, and my son loves it. It is versatile and can be used in several different positions. I also love that you can throw it in the washer. Very convenient, since my son is teething and drooling like crazy! One downside is that it is size specific. So, if my husband wanted to use it, we would have to buy 2. I just wish we had this carrier when he was a newborn.

• Parents' Comfort:

There are better carriers then the baby K'tan

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier is a good carrier for a beginner in baby wearing. It is kind of like a "wrap for dummies", it isn't as versatile as a traditional wrap but is easy to use and you can do four different front carries with the Baby K'tan. Because of the stretchy material this wrap likely won't get you much use after baby is 6 months, once the baby weighs more it tends to stretch the fabric and its hard to keep the baby up high enough. Another con of this product is that it is sized, so unless you are close to your partners size you wont be able to both use it. This is a good product but if I was going to recommend a carrier I would recommend a woven wrap, like an Ellaroo Wrap or Gypsy Mama Wrap or stretchy jersey wrap, like a Moby Wrap or Sleepy Wrap. With a woven wrap you can carry a toddler or a small child up to 4-5 years and you can do many different front, back, and hip carries.

Baby K'Tan Baby Carrier is very comfortable!

from Sarasota, FL

Comments about Baby K'tan Baby Baby Carrier:

I really shopped around for an infant carrier that was comfortable and that my baby wouldn't outgrow quickly and this one fits my needs! The material is soft yet durable, holds up well to machine washing, and seems to be comfortable for BOTH of us.

There are many colors to choose from and comes with a cute matching hat for the baby.

I started using it when he was about a month old and we haven't stopped since. He is now 5 months old and 17 lbs. I advise making sure baby has good control over their neck before facing them forward in it and make sure you order the right size so it is not too tight, or, even worse, sags.