Other Baby Carriers:
Baby Slings & Wraps
Moby
Models:
MW-SIENNA, MW-BLACK, MW-CHOCOLATE, MW-DANDELION, MW-INDIGO, MW-LEAF, MW-LILAC, MW-MOSS, MW-NATURAL, MW-NAVY, MW-RED, MW-BURGUNDY, MW-MAJESTIC, MW-PACIFIC, MW-SLATE
Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier

Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier

Pros

Cons

LOVE my Moby!

After trying a Snugli and a Hotsling for my Daughter I was discouraged on the idea of baby wearing.The Snugli had buckles that dug into my skin and it pulled on my neck/shoulder muscles causing pain. The Hotsling came with a DVD instructional video and after watching it about 10 times I was frustrated and my poor little girl was upset also. When I found out I was pregnant again, I started reasearching other types of carriers. I decided against the Bjorn because it was too similar to the Snugli at a much higher price. I was put off by slings because of the experience we'd had with the Hotsling. This left me with only one stand-out option, a Moby.I watched and re-watched the video online to see if I could grasp the concept of how it works. After showing it to my Husband (who tried to discourage me from trying *another* carrier) and my Family members, I decided I wanted to get one anyways.I never tried it on before I had him, because I knew my pregnant belly wouldn't really allow me to get the feel of how it would really be.When my baby was about a week old, I used my Moby for the first time. We went on a walk through our neighborhood and because it was my first time, I was very conscious of him being there and I kept one hand on him at all times.In the passing weeks I used it more and more. Outings to the grocery store, the mall or even doing light housework. As soon as I would put him in, he would go right to sleep. I don't get the muscle aches with the Moby that I'd had with my Snugli. And because there are no buckles, it is extremely comfortable.My "little guy" is now 18 pounds and I am still wearing him and we are both very happy!

A great wrap but way too expensive for what you get

The Moby baby wrap is one of my favorite wraps on the market.  The material is very soft and it comes with great information on different ways to wrap your baby and how to adjust the wrap, etc.  It is very comfortable to wear up to about the point when the baby is about 15 pounds.  At that point the wrap is always too loose to feel like it is adequately holding my baby.  For my boys, that was about 2-3 months.  The jersey knit cotton is nice but It gets stretched out as the baby gets bigger and I constantly would have to readjust it.  I found it to be very expensive, as well, considering all you are getting is a 6 foot long piece of material and an instructional dvd/handout.  I realized that I could go to the yardage store and get 5 feet (that is long enough for me) of material and make it myself.  There are a lot of instructional websites on how to make your own wrap and different ways to wrap your baby in it.  No to very minimal sewing is required, so as easy as that is, it seems ridiculous to pay a lot of money for this type of wrap.

Very Versatile Carrier

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

I was a little intimidated at the length of the wrap at first and wasn't sure if I'd be able to handle putting it on correctly, but I found a video on Youtube that showed the different ways to wear the wrap and decided to try it out. It's a really great way to wear your baby or toddler and is comfortable for both you and your child. I only had to practice a few times before I was comfortable putting the wrap on in public. I love that this wrap works from newborn up until the child is too heavy to carry anymore.

Great toddler carrier

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

The Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier is a great carrier for older babies and toddlers. My toddler is very active, and I find that there are times when he wants to run around but it is not the best idea for him to do so. He does not like be strapped into a stroller, but he loves it when I carry him. He is heavy and it is not easy to carry him long distances. The Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier is a great solution for my toddler. He loves being close to me and the freedom to be able to look around and still reach for things. I like the security of knowing exactly where he is and how this carrier really helps to evenly distribute my toddler's weight. I find that I can position the Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier on my side, place my toddler in the carrier, and then finish adjusting the wrap to make sure my toddler in secure before I begin walking. I find that this carrier is easy to adjust as well. The material is soft and does not slip when it is correctly secured. Overall, I highly recommend the Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier. This is a high quality wrap that will last for years.

• Parents' Comfort:

Comfortable and simple... with a learning curve.

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

I have fallen in love with my Moby wrap. It is so comfortable on my back and shoulders, and keeps my baby snug and close. However, there is a learning curve with understanding how to tie it correctly.

Safety
I know many moms who shy from using the Moby wrap because it does not look safe. If you wrap it correctly and position your child in a snug manner, there should be no problems. As with all wraps I definitely would recommending always keeping one hand free and near the baby.

Baby's Comfort
Both of my babies seemed very comfortable in the Moby wrap. I was nervous using it when they were first born, but from age 2 months to 6 months they seemed very content and well contained.

Parents' Comfort
I have only previously used the Baby Bjorn carrier. The Moby wrap is lightyears more comfortable than the Baby Bjorn carrier. The fabric is soft, stretchy, and wide. Because of the design, the weight of the baby is distributed throughout your entire shoulder area like a sleeve. There are no thin or hard straps to dig into your shoulders. I could not believe how comfortable it was to hands-free carry an infant for hours.

I was completely intimidated when I first received the Moby wrap as it is simply a long stretchy piece of fabric. The instructions are thorough but the illustrated steps can be a little confusing. I found it easier to watch someone use one and practice by copying. There are instructional videos on Youtube that are helpful. It takes many tries to get the Moby wrap to be snug without being tight. Once you put some time and practice in, it becomes very simple and convenient to use. Often I would put the Moby wrap on myself before leaving for the store. Once in the parking lot, it was simple to place the child in the wrap and go inside instead of struggling in the parking lot to try and put the Moby wrap on there.

The design is very simple and rather ingenious.

The fabric pilled a little bit after the first few washes but this wasn't a big deal to me.

• Parents' Comfort:

Great for every day use!

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

I loved using the Moby wrap! It was so great when I had a newborn and a toddler (less than 2 years old). Everyone got taken care of and Mom didn't end up too stressed. I used this in the airport when we went on a family vacation and never had issues. I used to get stopped by lots of grandma's and lots of cool looks from other people at our farmer's market when I would wear my newborn in the Moby.

Safety
I really like the Moby and how versitile it is. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that you just have to get used to it. There are lots of YouTube videos to help explain how to bundle up your little one, but the first few times I used this I really needed an extra hand and/or someone to laugh along with me.

Baby's Comfort
My little guy would fall asleep 8 times out of 10 when nestled up in the Moby. Even when I would go on walks around the neighborhood and would talk with a friend or my oldest child ,my baby would end up falling asleep. It is very soft and comfortable for Momma to wear too.

Parents' Comfort
I liked how soft and stretchy the fabric is. If baby is comfy, Momma is usually more relaxed and comfy. I really enjoyed my experience, being able to snuggle my baby and get other things done.

At first it is difficult to figure out how to wrap everyone just right, but it doesn't take too long to become a pro. I only used 2 different styles of wrapping, but they worked for us. I also showed my family members how to use the Moby and they enjoyed the experience too.

Mine was flat brown, which worked well. I'm not too worried about making a fashion statement, i just wanted my baby and I to be safe and comfortable.

My Moby got used a lot and got beat up and it's still in great shape. It's also been used by a friend for her 3 children and it is still going strong. Love the Moby!

• Parents' Comfort:

Works great, but it is hot!

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

My second-born child was not happy in either of the front carriers I owned. So, I borrowed the Moby Wrap from a friend. It was a lifesaver as my baby pretty much lived in it while I tended to my other child. Biggest problem I had was that it was in the summer time and the many layers of Moby Wrap (thick fabric) wrapped around me with a little heater baby attached was just miserable. I was wet with sweat even in my house.

Safety
I definitely felt that my infant was safe. She was very secure in where she was in the Moby Wrap.

Baby's Comfort
I think it depends on the baby whether they are comfortable or not. My first-born would probably have not been comfortable being swaddled tightly to my chest. My second-born on the other hand, wanted to be swaddled tightly to my chest all the time.

Parents' Comfort
The Moby Wrap was much easier on my back than the other two front carriers I owned. Having had back issues in the past, this was a huge benefit to the Moby Wrap.

It takes some getting used to in the beginning. When you have a newborn, it is a little overwhelming to try and figure out this super long piece of fabric. And then, you have to figure out how to put the baby in without dropping them. I recommend having someone as a spotter when you are doing this for the first few times.

Love the design, but I just wish it were quicker and easier to get the baby in and out.

Very durable fabric.

• Parents' Comfort:

Awesome way to wear baby. Love this wrap!

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

I love this baby carrier. I have a seven week old baby and she is very snugly and clingy. This wrap works great for us. I am breastfeeding and it is great because my daughter gets the closeness without me having to sit or lay around with her all day. I am a stay at home mom and without this wrap I would never be able to get anything done. I am able to do dishes and do laundry no problem. I also have a 4 year old and a 1 year old that I am able to do activities with and play while wearing her. I would totally recommend this wrap to anyone on the fence.

Safety
You can make it as tight as you need which is great. Baby goes in snug if you wrap correctly and doesn't feel like you are going to drop the baby even if you bend over.

Baby's Comfort
It puts them in a nice snuggle position and keeps my daughter content for hours.

Parents' Comfort
It is not bulky and stiff like some of the other carriers. I wear it walking around the mall and its super comfy. Plus it is way more convenient going in any store than lugging a stroller or a car seat around.

Kind of a pain to get wrapped but once you get it down and learn it, its so easy.

Love that it is going to keep fitting me as I get back in shape. And that has more than one way to wear for older children

• Parents' Comfort:

Does what it needs to do, but the price is so silly.

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

Moby is a nice, standard stretchy wrap. One issue you will run in to with stretchy wraps though is once baby hits about 18 to 20 lbs, you're going to have comfort and sag issues, and you would be better served going with a woven wrap (like Hoppediz, also reviewed on this site). The other issue is price... it's about 5.5 yards of 20 inch wide cotton jersey. You could easily find some by-the-yard fabric of similar quality and get two or more wraps for the same price. Or even less if that fabric is on clearance.

Safety
Up until recently, Moby had back wrap instructions listed on their product. Putting baby on your back in a stretchy wrap is a poor idea; there's a lot of give and it's too easy to wrap baby too loosely and risk a fall.

Cotton is awesome.

Parents' Comfort
Under 20 lbs, you can't beat a stretchy wrap.

You have to be willing to learn to wrap, and even with stretchies there's a learning curve.

Fine, but nothing unique.

Durability is standard for the fabric.

• Parents' Comfort:

Great product for carrying babies as early as newborn!

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

I love the Moby wrap and don't know what I would have done without it for my second child who needed to be close to me a lot for the first several months of her life. It's how I soothed her, put her to sleep many times, and was still able to do things I needed to do around the house and with my older child. It is so easy to take places because it just folds up like a blanket and doesn't take much space. I like that it can be used for different types of carries and that I can pretty easily breast feed while my baby is in it, and it doubles as a nursing cover. It does take a little practice to learn how to wrap it and then put the baby in, but once you get it, it's pretty quick to do. It does get quite hot in the warm summer months.

Safety
I debated rating it a 9 only because of user error, but if it is used properly, just like any other type of carrier or baby item, it is very safe. It is so important to make sure that the baby is positioned properly and that their legs aren't dangling down, which is bad for the baby's hips.

Parents' Comfort
After wearing this for a very long time, my back does start to get tired and sore.

It takes a little practice, but then it is very easy to use.

Moby Wrap-great for newborns

from Camden Wyoming, DE

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

I received a Moby Wrap as a gift and was very excited to use it! My newborn daughter loved to be carried all day and she slept very well wrapped tightly next to me. I was even able to carry her and nurse her. Once she got bigger, she still enjoyed being wrapped/carried facing forward. My only issue was the ease of use. I had to watch a lot of youtube videos to learn how to properly use it. I was concerned as she grew and that I would fail to wrap it tightly or miss a leg through a loop and she would fall out. However, that could have been an issue for me only. I am not that great at technical directions. Overall, we loved the Moby Wrap and I was very happy to have it, especially during those first few months. It was a lifesaver.

I found it difficult to learn the different wrap techniques.

Moby Wrap: Comfortable for Mom and Baby

Comments about Moby Wrap Original Baby Carrier:

After trying several different wraps and slings with my first born, I purchased a Moby Wrap for my second child and used it with both her and her younger sibling a few years later. I am so glad that I found this wrap!

The Moby Wrap is very comfortable to wear. Because the baby's weight is evenly distributed, it doesn't put excessive strain on one area, like your shoulders or your back. This makes it easy to wear for longer periods of time. My babies loved this wrap and would fall asleep almost immediately once I put them in it.

This wrap does take a little while to figure out how to properly use. Read the directions and search videos if you have a hard time and soon it will be second nature. When I would run errands, I would wrap my Moby Wrap on once, then put the baby in their carseat but keep the wrap on while I drove from place to place. That way I would only have to wrap it once. I love this thing!

If you do carry your baby in a wrap or sling, please be sure to research how to properly place them in it to make sure that they can breath properly and easily.