Other Baby Carriers:
MW-TATTOO, MW-OWL
Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier

Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier

Great product for moms with infants

This is a great product if you have a newborn/infant. After having my son, I used my Moby to get stuff done when my son wanted to be held. I was able to clean the house and grocery shop with ease. I was also able to take him for many walks around the block while having my hands free. It also helps lull them during those many sleepless nights.

I was also able to nurse my son in public in the Moby without anyone else noticing.

Once they hit the 20 pound mark though, this product isn't so great as the material stretches. I ended up having to upgrade to a different carrier to keep carrying my son around.

Safety
I felt safe to carry my son around in it when he was smaller. I never worried about him falling out. Once he got bigger though, as the material stretched, I worried if it would stretch too much and he fall or wiggle out. At that time, I just switched to an Ergo.

Baby's Comfort
My son could fall asleep within minutes of being in the Moby.

Parents' Comfort
It is very comfortable and distributes the weight across your body.

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to use. It took me a few youtube videos though to get it right. Also, I could never get the back carry to work.

It's one long piece of fabric. I'm sure you could save money buying fabric at a fabric store and creating your own but Moby does have cute designs on their wraps.

Besides the stretching issue, this carrier has held great.

Better for small babies

When I was pregnant with my first, I bought the Moby wrap and was really excited to use this versitile wrap for carrying her around with me.  I was delighted at all the options for carrying your child that this wrap gives you, but I didn't get much use out of the wrap itself.

My daughter turned out to be a large baby, and I think that contributed to the problem of not being able to get a proper fit.  I would either have to make it so tight that I couldn't get the baby in, or it would be too loose and she'd hang off of me.  With my son, a smaller baby at 7.5 pounds at birth, I used this wrap more.  Because I could still get him in when I had it on tight, it made it less likely to work loose and hang.  My husband even wore it comfortably with my son, which couldn't do at all with my daughter.

I found that the wrap tends to collect things, like hairs and such, which is more annoying than anything, especially since both I and my husband have long hair.  Overall, I wanted to like the Moby wrap, but it didn't work out with my eldest, and only for a short time with my youngest.

Great product for moms with infants

Baby's Comfort
My son could fall asleep within minutes of being in the Moby.

Parents' Comfort
It is very comfortable and distributes the weight across your body.

Besides the stretching issue, this carrier has held great.

• Safety:
  • Baby's Comfort:
  • Parents' Comfort:

Did not work for me

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

My to go carries is Ergo. However, it is bulky to store. I was looking for something you can pack very tight, if you decide to. Like if your are taking a stroller and a carrier. So, I bought Moby Wrap. It has tons of positive reviews and many moms recommend it. The idea is very simple: just too loops of fabric. Put the baby and fold the fabric. When it is not in use, it is very compact. Easy, right? Well, I was trying to use it. I could not. I never figured out how to secure the baby. My baby would wiggle and I would be struggling with pieces of fabric. Then I would be sweaty and annoyed and my baby upset and crying. Even when I mange to have Moby wrap on, I have a feeling that everything would just unfold. Also, my baby is uncomfortable stuck in one position and cannot even move. It feels like she was tape to me with a duck tape. So, no, it did not work for me.I am back to my Ergo and happily ever after.

Not very

My baby was uncomfortable

Not good

Not for me

Is ok

Looks like a good fabric

• Safety:
  • Baby's Comfort:
  • Parents' Comfort:

It's nice if you can figure it out

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

I recieved this wrap as a gift from my shower, i had registered for it and was very excited to use it. When my daughter was born it did come in handy because the "newborn" hold, helped her sleep and I was able to move about the house with her in it. But she was an August baby and would sweat really bad in there and in the end I would get freaked out and have to take her out of it. Also every-time I used it I had to get out the manual. As she got older she liked it less and less...also I didn't feel she was that secure in there with just a hand tied knot holding her in. I always was wary of letting her go ...so the whole point of having her in a carrier so I could use my hands was kinda pointless when I didn't want to let go of her for fear that the thing would un-ravel.

Tricky to get the hang of, but the moby wrap is so comfy

from Edmonds, WA

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

I never like putting my babies in slings, and when the warning came out not to use them I wasn't surprised. Researching them, I foun the moby and was excited to get it for my new arrival! It is a challenge to get the hang of how tight to put it on so that it has enough room for the baby, yet be secure and not loosen up. But once you get that down with practice, it is so worth it. Using it, I could do dishes with both hands, and have my fussy baby that wouldn't be put down be comfortable. It makes it easier to carry her around with my bad back. I am really happy with the investment. It is a bit awkward sometimes to think about having it on the go, since putting it on takes a bit of time. But otherwise it is very enjoyable. I got the design with the stylized doves in red on black, and it is very pretty, and fits into my style of being not too girly. In the end I would recommend it to any of my friends, even if it meant I need to spend time showing them how to use it. But the instructions on the website are very clear, and easy to follow, so it really shouldn't be a problem!

Moby wrap

from Orem, UT

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

I have 3 children. With my first, i had a Snugli brand carrier. With my second i made a D-ring sling. And with my third i have a Moby wrap, and i am never going back to anything else! Everyone asks me how my adjustment from 2 to 3 has been, and i can honestly say it has been quite an easy transition. I most definitely have my Moby wrap to thank for that! Going to the store is actually bearable with my three kids! i put one in the basket seat, my little one in the Moby wrap, and my oldest (and most obedient) walks alog side the cart! When i am making dinner (the absolute fussiest time of night) my baby rides in the Moby wrap and does not fuss a bit. She actually usually falls asleep, allowing me to eat my dinner in peace! I would reccomend anyone with a baby, or expecting one, to purchase or make a Moby wrap. It has seriously saved my sanity as i have adjusted from having two, to three children.

The Moby Wrap is a great baby carrier!

from Laconia, NH

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

I got my first Moby wrap when my first child was five months old. I really wasn't very knowledgeable about baby carriers at that point, but heard a lot of great things about Moby Wraps. I was very intimidated at first. The one long piece of fabric looked very overwhelming to tie up and use as a baby carrier. I watched a few instruction videos online and practiced in front of the mirror several times. After practicing in front of the mirror, I felt confident enough that I had done this correctly. After that, I was in love. I used my Moby Wrap until my first child was too heavy and then I bought a second one when I was pregnant with our second child. I used it with our second from the very first day we were home from the hospital. The Moby Wrap feels so secure and so comfortable and every time I wore one of my babies in it, they would sleep the entire time. They were nice and snuggled up and felt warm and cozy. I'm planning on using my Moby Wraps again with our third child, as I had such great experiences with my first two children.

Too difficult

from Denver, CO

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

The concept is good, but the method is terrible. it is simply too difficult to put on when you are running around with a baby in this hectic world. i needed something that i could throw on and off quickly and the moby was defintiely not it. also, all the layers made it super hot in the summer and baby would always be sweaty when i pulled him out.

Best wrap out there- wouldn't get another

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

The best wrap ever!! My daughter practically lived in this the first 3 months of her life.  She was a fussy baby and this cured that! I could wear her and still tend to my other 3 children and get things done around the house.  The Moby is super comfortable and doesn't hurt my back or shoulders.  She is still in it and able to try a different way now that she can support her head.   I love that you can use this till she is bigger.  I had the baby bjorn but that hurt my shouldres and back once my kids got a lttile biggger (like 2 months old). I have not had this problem with the MOBY.  I love it!  I wil be buyingthis for all my frieds and family who are due to have babies soon.  this is a great baby gift to give to someone.  Baby and mom will enjoy.  Well made, great qualtiy and price and comes in a variety of colors and designs.   Iwish  Icould get one to match each outfit! Just wish I had known about this with my first two children.

Very comfortable

from Burbank, CA

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

I bought a wrap on recommendation of other parents on a babywearing website. The site is called thebabywearer.com and really is an awesome place for all new parents. Well back to the wrap. I was told a wrap is very easy for carrying a newborn. I found that hard to believe especially when I received it and it look so huge. Once I read the directions it was not that bad though. I practiced wrapping before my daughter was born by just using one of my sons teddybears. The nice thing about a wrap is that once you tie it you can just slip the baby in and out pretty easily. A stetchy wrap is especially easy as even if you tie it a bit tight it loosens after a bit and cradles the baby really nicely. The price of the wrap is also not that bad considering all the different positions you can carry the baby in it. I was also relieved that it washed up really easily and despite months of use still looked good as new and maybe even a bit softer.

Moby is not for Plus size moms

from Benton, AR

Comments about Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier:

I was so excited to get my Moby Wrap that I went ahead and bought it myself before I had my baby shower!  I had read rave reviews about it and just knew it would work for me!  I am a plus size mom, (size 18) and I personally think that the Moby should be used for women under a size 16.  There is a ton of fabric, however, I just never felt like there was quite enough to secure it well.  The few (less than 5) times that I did use my Moby, after 15 minutes or so, it seemed as if the fabric was stretching and the baby had dramatically changed positions.  This of course was not good as I have read about babies not being properly positioned and suffocating!  The hassle of putting this thing on was not worth a good 15 minutes for me.  On the plus side, the material was extremely soft and I loved all of the color options that were available.  It just was not the carrier for me.  Luckily, I sold it at a consignment event, so some other SMALLER mom should be happy!