Other Grills:

BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Not a bad grill for the price.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

I got this charcoal grill a few years back when it went on clearance at Lowe's. The store offered a fully assembled one but it wouldn't fit in my car so I had to get the unassembled grill. Once home I started the task of unpacking and assembling the grill. It was easy enough to put together, and there weren't too many small parts. The majority of the grill was in just a few large parts. Once assembled I wheeled the grill outside and gave it a try. It is easy to put charcoal in and light, and the lid closed securely. The grill heated quickly, and the temperature gauge on the front of the lid was very handy for telling when the grill was heated enough to add food. After adding a lot of vegetables, I was pleased to see that the grill cooked nice and evenly. My only complaint with this grill is that it seems to rust easily. I probably could've done a better job keeping it dry but I have still had other grills that held up much better over the years.

Complicated

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

We invested in the BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill shortly after the purchase of our home. As crazy as it might sound, we decided to make the purchase in the winter months. Much to my surprise, it did not rust or show signs of wear even though it had been stored outside all winter under nothing more than a garbage bag. The grill is a good size. It is big enough to accomplish much but small enough to remain un intrusive. It is easy to use and its belly is medium depth. The charcoal for it can be slightly expensive. It cooks well and has the convenient fold down top cover. I love the mini basting table on the side of the grill. Not only is it some what attractive, it also adds a little more simplicity to the grilling process. There are only two different things that I don't like about this grill. First, it came entirely un assembled. Not only that but, it was a bit complicated putting it together. The second thing I don't like is that I would have preferred for the side table to be made of steel - like the grill body is. It seems It would make more sense but, other than that, it is a great investment.

Nice for beginners

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

I bought this BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill on a whim one day as I wanted to try a grill with a barrel as we grill and smoke often. This grill ended up to be a bit smaller for the interior than anticipated but for the most part we made due for the meats we wanted to grill/smoke. There was enough room under the rack to place a bowl of water inside to help keep the meats moist, especially while smoking for hours at a low temperature.

This BBQ grill performed best for grilling meats as opposed to smoking. I often grill basic meats like hamburgers, chicken breasts, pork chops, and even beer-can chicken in this grill and the meat comes out juicy and cooked well.

Versatility
The BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill is versatile as it allows you to grill small cuts of meat and vegetables to whole cuts of beef, pork, and whole chickens.

This grill is easy to use and regulates heat well when using for short amounts of time. The hardest part is using the barrel and keeping the charcoal hot enough to cook the foods.

This BBQ grill is easy to clean.

I don't find this grill as durable as others as it seems to have started rusting the same summer I bought it.

I do like the design of this grill, an easy open lid and a heavy-duty rack helps.

• Versatility:

I'm not a Pro but I feel like one.

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

I am what I call a casual griller but with a good cookbook I feel like a pro with this. This grill is well built from top to bottom. The grate is heavy duty and easy to clean. I like the way I can control the heat which expands my ability to cook foods that need a little or a lot of heat. I am confident this grill will give me years of satisfaction.

• Versatility:

Best charcoal grill we have ever owned!

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

Love, love, love this grill!! We live in Florida, so this is used year round and it has held up for years! None of the parts have given out or had to be replaced. Holds heat well and is big enough to cook a ton of food! We will do a rack of ribs on the the bottom and vegetables on the top shelf and there is still room for more. We cook for a family of five on this grill with no problem.

BBQ Pro Charcoal Barrel Grill

from Newburgh, NY

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

I purchased the BBQ Pro Charcoal Barrel Grill last summer (2012) and found the grill to be a pleasant surprise with respect to grilling ribs and chicken. This grill was able to retain its heat for the duration of cooking ribs and at the same time provided that smoked grill favor for the meat.

BBQ Pro Charcoal Barrel Grill gets 4 stars for performance. It would have received five stars if the grill had slightly larger grill rack. However, the performance was excellent.

Versatility
I found the versatility of the grill to be good. Because of the barrel aspect of the grill, often beef or chicken can cook faster than you want the meat to grill.

There were no problems with the ease of use.

I found the grill to be very easy to clean. Because of the barrel feature of the grill, it was very simple to clean.

This is my second summer of grilling on the grill and thus far no problems with the durability.

The grill is well design for grilling outdoors. I found the grill capable for cooking for at least 20 persons with a variety of different meats.

• Versatility:

Good name for the PRO charcoal grill will cook everything.

from Oakland City, IN

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

We have used this grill at family reunions. This charcoal grill will hold a lot of food, we had no complaints. The rack adjust to different heights so that it can be put any distance from the coals. The food we were preparing didn't get too hot or cold.

The PRO charcoal grill does a great job cooking food, coals burn for a long period of time even after food is done.

Versatility
With the two wheels on the back the PRO grill can be moved with ease, we just tip it up a little on the wheels and it can be rolled anywhere. The racks are easy to adjust to different heights.

There is plenty of room to move food around on the racks and it has a nice wood shelf on the side and front that can hold seasonings, platters and other utensils

The racks can be removed with ease and cleaned and it is easy to reach the used coals and empty them.

We have used our grill for a couple of seasons and we haven't had any problems with it. This grill works good, like the first time, every time.

Lots of space to cook food and the main shelf can be adjusted to different heights over coals. The height an width of the grill make it easy to reach all the food which makes it safer to use. The shelf's on the side ,front and under give plenty of room to store supplies. Good design.

Wood tastes great !

from Mount Shasta, CA

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

The temperature is easy to regulate. Food is always hot and cooks quickly. Like the charcoal flavoring instead of propane.

Just be careful not to use too stiff of a brush so coating is not taken off grill

keep covered out of the weather

Very cute; smal;l but large enough for two/three people.

• Versatility:

This grill makes cooking a breeze!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about BBQ PRO Charcoal Barrel Grill:

Very easy to grill using this grill! From small meals to large, this grill can do it.

The direct and indirect racks are great to grill a complete meal at once. The heavy duty iron grates feel like they will have a long life.

Versatility
The direct and indirect racks of the grill make it easy to grill an entire meal. Meat on the direct rack and veggies on the indirect rack come out perfectly when grilled together.

It was a bit difficult to put together, as it was very heavy and the instructions weren't very good. One odd thing is that the holder for turning the vent open or closed is on the inside of the grill, which makes it difficult to turn when hot, the holder should be on the outside of the grill. After everything is put together, the grill is super easy to use.

Removeable tray to carry the used coals helps with the cleaning. The iron racks make the cleaning easy too.

Very strong construction with the iron grates and barrel.

Good heat convection with the design.