4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus: Many benefits to this 2-in-1

**Avon Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard Plus**Insect repellent and SPF 30 sunscreenwww.avon.comWith the splendor of summer we found that our favorite dog-walking path was also being enjoyed by swarms of gnats.  What had been an enjoyable daily adventure of walking, talking and laughing was now characterized by whining, swatting and rushing.  I really don’t like spraying my kids with insect repellent for obvious reasons, so I tried **Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus** which is an lotion with insect repellent and SPF 30 sunscreen.  **Features of Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus:****Insect Repellency**Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus claims to repel mosquitoes, deer ticks, black flies, sand flies, no-seeums, gnats and biting midges.  We can attest that it is does successfully repel mosquitoes and gnats, those we would have been exposed to most.  **Disappearing Color**Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus has a light blue, disappearing color that really helps us see where we have put on the lotion and where we have missed.  It really does disappear completely within minutes.  Thank goodness!**Very Water Resistant, with Aloe and Vitamin E**Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus claimed to be very water resistant.  This is important to me as a parent to help me my kids protected from both the disease carrying insects and the harmful UV rays.  This stuff is so water resistant I have a really hard time even washing it off of my hands after I’ve applied it.  This is kind of a pain but it gives me confidence that it is going to stay on my kids skin.  One of my children has skin sensitivities so with anything new we have to try a bit and see before go all out.  Our sensitive guy has had absolutely no skin reactions to this product.***My Viewpoint:*****Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus **repels insects, provides SPF30 sunscreen protection, moisturizes and is water resistant.  The disappearing coloring makes it easy for kids to apply evenly.  This one is a winner in our family.  Goodbye gnats!

Good bug repellant bad for face or sensitive skin!!

This is great for keeping the bugs off but when you get hot and sweat it burns your face. It did this to my children, husband and my self. I wouldn't use it on the face or if you have sentaive skin. After sweating it also iritated legs when freshly shaved.

Avon SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus IR3535 SPF 30 Cool 'n Fabulous

Comments about Avon SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus IR3535 SPF 30 Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion:

I love this product, it is the best one out there for repelling of bugs and it really does work. Kids love think that is so cool to use, they get a kick out of it going on blue. Disappearing color lets you see where you put it so you don't have to worry that a spot has been missed. The best thing about this to me is that you get two products in one. I also love that there are no harsh chemicals that you have to worry about.

The scent of this is very nice, smells kind of like watermelon to me. It is light weight, not overwhelming like a lot of these products.

Absorption
Avon SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus IR3535 SPF 30 Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion does absorb great to me. Some have complained about the color staining, I have had no problem, just rub in until it disappears.

Longevity
If you use this product it does need to be applied every two hours. It is sweat and water resistant and works really great.

Avon SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus IR3535 SPF 30 Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion is very effective. This is my very favorite product that Avon offers and I will continue purchasing it as long as they offer it.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to apply, just rub into your hands and apply to skin.

Works Great

from Blackwell, OK

This is one of the best sunscreens that I have tried so far. My wife sells Avon, so we usually buy quite a few Avon products every month. This one we purchased at the end of the summer because liked the fact it was a sunscreen and bug spray all in one. I've tried several kinds before that weren't that great, but this one works very well as both products.

For a sunscreen and a bug spray combined, it doesn't have a bad smell. It actually smells pretty good.

Absorption
The only problem with this sunscreen is you have to spend a lot of time rubbing this in. It comes out blue, and as you rub it in, it becomes clear, letting you know it's absorbed.

Longevity
This last for a few hours, we reapplied it every two to three hours before we reapplied it and it seemed to do a good job.

This is a very effective bug spray and sunscreen. If you need both, this will work for you extremely well.

Ease of Application
It doesn't absorb very fast when compared to other sunscreens, it takes a lot of rubbing to get it applied. I like the fact it changes color as it absorbs, so you know when it's absorbed.

• Ease of Application:

Great product for toddlers!

I am very nervous about using insect repellent on my toddler in the summer months. I want to protect his sensitive skin against insect bites, but I am worried about the potential health impacts the chemicals could have on his body. One of my friends suggested that I try Avon SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus, and I am very glad I followed her recommendation. I love this product because it is a sunscreen and also a bug repellent. I also love the "disappearing lotion" feature as well. This product goes on blue and then absorbs into the skin after a short period of time. It is very easy to see where you have applied the lotion and where it still needs to be applied. The product is very effective. My son has fair, sensitive skin. His skin does not burn and he does not break out in a rash after using this product. Overall, I am very impressed with this Avon product. It is a little on the expensive side, but it is worth the investment. This is a high quality product and I feel it is safe to use on my toddler!

• Ease of Application:

This isn't effective on bugs or the sun.

from West Virginia

I bought this out of an Avon catalog and was highly disappointed. It is neat that the lotion comes out of the flip cap as a blue color and then disappears on the skin to a clear lotion but that's really the only good thing about this. This might be okay for kids but it didn't work well for me.

I've always had issues with mosquitos and other bugs biting me while I am out in the forest or hiking. This lotion is supposed to guard against bugs and help keep you protected with SPF 30.

First of all, this stuff smells bad. I am not a fan of the scent. It smells like most bug sprays with deet smell. It's not pleasant. I used this all over my exposed arms and face in hopes of keeping away bugs and the sun.

After about thirty minutes, the mosquitos were biting again so I reapplied. It seemed to have no effect after the second application. I also found that when I woke up the next morning, my face and shoulders were both burned. My nose peeled and was blistered and my shoulders had little sunspot blisters the eventually freckled. I was highly disappointed. It didn't work for me at all.

This smells like a bug spray with deet in it.

Absorption
After you rub it in for a few minutes, the blue color disappears and it turns white then clear and absorbs.

Longevity
It only lasted about a half hour with each application and eventually lost effectiveness. The sun burnt my skin.

It didn't work as a bug guard or a SPF.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply but not effective.

I love this product.

In the summertime I like to do a lot of hiking and camping in the warm, sunny weather. I am aware of the importance of needing to apply both a sunscreen as well as a good insect repellent during these expeditions. I have always hated having to apply both though. Layering those two harsh products always left my skin feeling gross and seemed sort of harmful too. When I discovered this bug repellent/sunscreen combination from Avon Skin So Soft I was very excited. I had used Skin So Soft as a child and always loved the smell and fee of it, and was not aware that it made a spf product as well. I could not find it locally so purchased it online for a very cheap price. It worked like a dream at keeping the mosquitos at bay and protecting me from sunburns. It smelled just as good as I remembered too, and left my skin so silky and not sticky at all. I only wish that the bottle was a little bit larger.

• Ease of Application:

effective and easy to use

from IN

I have been a fan of Avon Skin so soft products for many years, so it was an obvious decision to try the Bug Guard Plus SPF30 Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion. I like the fresh, crisp smell of the skin so soft line, it is a light fragrance and not an overpowering chemical smell I have found in some sunscreens. This sunscreen is very easy to apply, I like that I can see where I am putting the lotion on my skin, but that the color dissipates as the lotion is absorbed. Avon's Skin So Soft Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing lotion really does disappear in to the skin quickly, it easily absorbs in to the skin, allowing for an easy and quick application. I find that SPF 30 is high enough for the entire family, it offers hours of protection, we can spend an entire day at the beach and only reapply after swimming with no sun burns. I am very pleased with the staying power of this lotion. The only downfall is that you cannot buy in stores, so you must order from your Avon representative or at avon.com.

Good for Sun, Mediocre for Bugs

from Fairfield, VA

I have made great home-mixed formulas with Skin-So-Soft oils and DEET, so I thought this would eliminate the need to do that anymore, but I was mistaken. It repels mosquitoes but not the peskier bugs like black flies or gnats. It is an effective sunscreen.

The Skin-So-Soft scent is nice-I have always enjoyed its signature scent. This formula is slightly different than the regular scent because of the bug repellents in it.

It absorbs quite well.

Longevity
The SPF works well and as you would expect for a 30 formula. Unfortunately, in my experience, it doesn't fight for you in repelling insects for very long.

In sun protection and scent it is stellar. The stubborn bugs where I live (especially the gnats) seem to laugh at the bug-repellent.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply, and to bang the last part of it out of the container when it is near empty. It goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly without much residue.

Good for kids

I bought this before a camping trip in an especially buggy area of California. I figured I'd save myself from bringing an extra bottle of bug spray with this two in one formula. Unfortunately it didn't do much to keep the bugs away and my little one ended up with mosquito bites all over the place.

THis actually smells pretty good considering it's supposed to have bug repellant in it.

Absorption
It felt like I was rubbing this stuff in for forever and it left my sons skin feeling greasy and kind of gross.

Longevity
I reapplied it every 4 hours or so and my son did manage to avoid getting sunburned but the longevity for the bug repellent is closer to a two or three.

It did prevent sunburn but NOT bug bites.

Ease of Application
This is one of the better qualities of this sunscreen. I love that it goes on colored so you can really see the kind of coverage you're getting and don't miss any places. THe consistency was a little runny for my tastes but still not bad.

Wasn't impressed

I bought Avon SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion once, and I really did not like it. Even though it was just SPF thirty, I was still disappointed that it did not keep me from burning or my other friends who used the product too. I thought this would be great for my kids because it was supposed to be colored; I figured that they would be impressed that the lotion was blue and it might make them stand still longer. Sadly, the blue color did not disappear as was promised. I found that we could not get the lotion to rub in well, thus making our skin to appear blue. We all somewhat looked like freaks sitting at the pool. The only way to get the color to go away is by scrubbing it fairly well. I did like that the lotion also had bug protection in it. At least it protected me more from insects than it protected me from the sun. Overall, I would tell everyone to save their money and buy another lotion that will work better.

Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Cool'n Fabulous Disapearing lotion

from Saint Petersburg Fl

I live in Florida on the Sun-coast and this is a great product for keeping the bugs from biting. If this product works well here, it'll work well anywhere there are bugs.

The scent is fine. It's not overpowering and acceptable to me. I don't like really strong floral or cloves scents that many bug repellents have.

Absorption
I think it absorbs well. I apply it and in a minute or so it's looks like it's absorbed. It goes on blue so once that disappears, I think it's been absorbed.

Longevity
I wish it would last a bit longer but that's probably my fault. Playing tennis, running, sweating a lot I imagine it probably wears off much quicker. When I put in on to go watch a football game or a leisurely walk, it lasts quite a bit longer. If you're very active, you may have to re apply sooner.

Well for me it works great. The no-seeums are by far the worst bugs I've encountered as they are so small. They bite and are gone. This product is very effective for mosquitoes, deer ticks, black flies, sand flies, gnats, no-seeums and biting midges.

Ease of Application
Just slather it on like suntan lotion or sunscreen. It's non greasy and PABA free with aloe and vitamin E.