Other Shampoos:
Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo

Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Smooths the frizz in my hair but not too much for a lather

With naturally curly hair it is difficult to find shampoos and conditioners as well as styling products that can actually allow me to keep the easy hairstyle that curls gives me and that keeps the frizzy fly aways away even in the Houston humidity. I don't mind paying for quality, but we all have a budget so I was happy to try the Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo on my hair.

***What I like about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo***

- it makes my hair feel healthy and strong

- fights frizzes better than most shampoos

- not too heavy - I actually still have curly hair after using it

- a little goes a long way

- natural ingredients

***What I don't like about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo***

- it doesn't lather really well

- it is really expensive

- the aroma - I got used to it but the first few shampoos the tea tree and menthol aroma made me feel like I was trying to treat my sinuses not wash my hair

- only find it at a salon or special stores

**Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo **is an excellent choice for straight or curly hair, fine or thick. But it is really expensive and even though a little goes a long way, and it is better than many other shampoos out there, I just can't justify the expense for our household. If it wasn't so expensive I may be inclined to make an extra trip to a store to get it.

******

Does help with the frizz but it is not magic

I became curious about this product when walking in the mall and walking by the Aveda store. They were giving away a sample of the smoothing creme. I tried it and loved it so ordered the shampoo and conditioner immediately. I figured if the creme worked so well, if I added the shampoo and conditioner the system would be magical.

After using the shampoo several times and the full system, I did notice a decrease in frizz. However, in order for this to work, you really need to take the time and dry your hair 100%. If there is any dampness at all, the product cannot do its job and the humidity takes control.

I have very frizzy hair so finding something that makes a bit of difference is exciting. However, I have to say the price of this shampoo is more than I like to spend. It smells great and it does work. However, I am confident I would get the same results if I just used the styling creme before blow drying my hair and just making certain I really dried my hair to ensure all dampness was gone.

Does help with the frizz but it is not magic

from Wilmington, DE

Great shampoo

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

I was very fortunate in receiving a coupon which was for six samples of Aveda products, The Aveda Smooth Infusion shampoo was one of the samples. Because I have very sensitive skin and am allergic to so many products, I have a certain level of trepidation in trying new things because I fear allergic reactions.

In trying shampoo samples, I use less than is optimal and wait to see if a reaction will occur. In the case of Aveda Smooth Infusion, I was happy to discover that it did not disagree with my body chemistry and I had no reaction.

Consequently, I used the full amount on the next shampoo and really liked the results. So, I purchased a full size bottle. After a new uses, I have noticed that my hair feels more moisturized. I have decided less split ends and the volume overall feels fuller.

Part of my allergic reactions have to do with the fragrances in products. I am likewise happy to report that I have had no ill effects in that area either. So, I'd have to say that this product sample worked out well in finding me a product I can use.

Lifesaver!

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

I have been using this shampoo for many years and its by far my favorite aveda product. I have thick, somewhat dry hair and this shampoo is amazing. I usually wash my hair every couple of days and it keeps my hair looking clean and shiny. It keeps it moisturized even through the constant hair drying and hot straightening iron. Its the only shampoo I've ever used that keeps my hair from splitting, and because it moisturizes so well, it helps tame the frizz as well. I do not have time to regularly get my hair cut, sometimes I only manage to visit the salon twice a year. But every time the stylist always comment on how healthy my hair is....never before using this shampoo have I ever received those comments. It has definitely made my hair more manageable and healthier. Worth every penny!

I have to admit of all the aveda products I have tried, this scent is not my favorite- I tend to prefer the rosemary mint or the almond. The scent isn't bad at all, just comparing to others in their line that are better. However, this product works so well, I don't mind the scent.

Great Product

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

This is a great product, though it is a little bit pricey, but it's one of my favorite upscale shampoos. The smell left me smelling like I had just left the spa. If you can splurge on a shampoo, this is the one I highly recommend. Aveda is a great all natural products which provides great results, go buy it!

The product works very well! Left my hair smooth and soft

It's a very earthy, spa like smell

Great but expensive

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

I recently switched to Aveda shampoo from a cheap drug store brand and I am very happy with the results! My hair is so much shinier and has more volume than it did before! It was more expensive than I like to spend on hair care, but with the results that I have already seen, I think I will reorder soon!

Loving this shampoo.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

I purchased this Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo a few weeks ago. I have thick, semi wavy hair. I'm loving this shampoo so far! First of all it smells wonderful, when you put it on it's like being in a spa when you breathe in the scent. It's relaxing.

Beyond that, it does a great job of cleaning my hair and keeping it healthy. A lot of shampoos tend to build up in my hair, but this does a great job of keeping my hair clean without any nasty build up.

It's not a cheap shampoo, but worth it if you have that much to spend on shampoo. Far superior to the big box store aisles. This shampoo also does a good job on cleaning without needing to use a ton of shampoo, which should help it last longer.

I straighten my hair with a straightener quite a bit and this shampoo really does help with keeping my hair straight, smooth and looking great. I don't like to use a lot of product in my hair so having a shampoo that helps with making my hair style well is a big plus in my book. This shampoo has helped cut down on the frizz.

Really Really Good Stuff!

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

I've gotta say this is definitely one of my favorites for moisturizing, especially when my hair is dry and tired and just overdone. This really does smooth the hair. It's superior ingredients get right to moisturizing in one application. And, you don't have to waste product by overdoing the application. That's one reason it's so great, a little bit goes a long way and it gets right to work. If you need a moisture boost, this is one of the best in its class. You don't have to worry about if it's really going to work -- it does!

Near exceptional in effectiveness, for just a straight shampoo (not including conditioner).

Love the scent of just about all Aveda shampoos and conditioners, and this one is no exception. Clean, subtle, just plain nice. Really nice.

Shampoo Review

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

This shampoo is absolutely fabulous. I have natural blonde hair that tangles easily. I am also allergic to sulfates, and this shampoo is sulfate free and completely non-irritating. I have tried MANY MANY brands of shampoo and I always come back to this. It smells clean and I can smell it in my hair all day long. It strengthens, cleanses, softens, hydrates, and conditions all in one. I LOVE IT!!!

Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo works well with matching condition

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

I was lucky enough to receive 6 sample tubes of Aveda products. 2 were of the Smooth Infusion Shampoo, 2 of the conditioner, and 2 of the style-prep smoother.

I am reviewing the shampoo. I was sent 2, .34 fluid ounce (10 ml) tubes, which is a good amount of product. The first tube did 2 shampoos.

Upon opening the tube, the first thing I loved was the fragrance. It smells of lemons. I squeezed a good amount of shampoo into my hands, and rubbed them together. The shampoo didn't feel oily, which sometimes isn't a good thing.

I took the shampoo through my wet hair, and it really did nothing for it. I added water, and then more water, and finally got an average lather. I used a little more shampoo, and the lather still wasn't great. I then rinsed my hair.

The first time I used it, I also used the Aveda conditioner, and style-prep smoother. My hair turned out really well with all 3 products.

It had body, shine, and was easy to manage.

I used the Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo, with a cheap conditioner, and it didn't do as well. When I tried it with a good quality conditioner it came up trumps again.

Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo works best with the rest of the Aveda line, or with a great conditioner. Not so good on it's own.

A very refreshing lemon smell that fills the bathroom.

Fantabulous product!

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo:

This is a great product! I have long hair fine hair but lots of it. This has been by far the best product I have ever used. It has totally repaired my hair. With my hair being long it "liked" notice that's past tense ;) liked to knot up in the back up underneath. I dreaded washing and combing through the rats nest, BUT now that I have found Aveda Smoothing Shampoo I no longer have these issues. Smells great, little on the pricey side, but I don't mind paying for something that actually works! ;)