3.9
Avalon Organics
Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18

Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18

3.9

i love how my baby doesnt get skin irritation with this!

i love this sunscreen because its not sticky or greesey and the price is great! its easy on my sons skin and it works great! i would definetly reccomend this to moms with...Read complete review

i love this sunscreen because its not sticky or greesey and the price is great! its easy on my sons skin and it works great! i would definetly reccomend this to moms with babies!

we are constantly going to the pool in the summer and i have used this product on both of my children! it smells great and soaks right in to the kids skin! it doesnt get all white and clumpy or sticky! which is one thing i hate about sunscreen they all turn white ish and are super duper sticky! i have actually got my other friends using it on the summer trips to pools and beaches as well!

i will more than likely use this on my children for years down the road just because now i know how well it works and i like to stick with one thing!

Not enough SPF

I love Avalon products.  I love the idea that they are naturally derived and have very soft scents.  That said, baby skin is so sensitive and when searching for a sunscreen for my little guy I always choose one with a higher SPF.  It surprised me very much when I reached for Avalon and found it to only have an SPF of 18.  It's so important to teach children from the time they're young to protect their bodies in every way that they can.  One of the most basic ways to do this is by applying a high SPF sunscreen.  The sun is so much fun - but there are some dangers that come along with enjoying it too much and not protecting ourselves where we should.  Sunscreen is such an easy way to take care of our bodies that it seems silly to make an 18 SPF for babies when 30 SPF is recommended by doctors.  There are plenty of other organic/naturally derived brands out there that sell 30 SPF and I think I'll use them over this.

Nice but pricey

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

I purchased this sunscreen because I wanted something baby-specific for my little one for her second summer, since she'd be outside playing for hours for the first time.

I really like that it's free of parabens - makes me feel safer about using the product on a small toddler.  That was my main criteria in choosing her sunscreen.

Overall I've been pleased with it and would buy it again.  It is not terribly greasy or overly thick / hard to spread like some sunscreens I've tried, and it's not too watery or anything either.

I like that the cap is flat.  It makes it easy to store "upside down" so that the product is near the opening when it's running low so that I can get every last drop out.

It doesn't seem to have a strong fragrance either which is important to me in a baby product.

I can't evaluate the effectivess very well as my toddler's skin is pretty dark, BUT I will say she didn't get a sunburn while using this.

Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen works great on baby skin

from Nuremberg, PA

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

This product, Avalon organics baby mineral sunscreen is great on a childs newly sensitive skin. Not only are they sensitive to the sun, but if the lotion used to protect them irritates the skin, it does no good either. This is also good with people with allergies to certian lotions. I too have sensitive skin and have a hard time trying to find a product that is right for me. Many lotions cause irritating rashes or can even block the pores on my face, causing mild acne or oil buildup. Being careful in all my purchases, baby lotions help to reduce the harmful affects of the skin irritations other lotions can leave behind. If you are swimming, also, and you put it on your face, and it drips into your eyes there is minimal irritiation. Allot of products sting like soap, and swimming in the ocean, there arnt many ways to clean out your eyes. They light fresh scent of this product is also very pleasent and pleasing, but not overwhelming.

it is very nice

from Lebanon, NH

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

i say wow to this product .this is very good for my baby skin .this doesn't give too much oily skin.if i wants to put my daughter in the swimming pool,i thought this is the good choice for me.i got 2 kids my older one is more than 8,she always prefer this one.i am little consious about organic too.so i always prefer this .if you ask me how much time you recommend this product to others.i  always say 100%.please try this one.this is very good.

Avalon Organic Baby Sunscreen SPF 18 is Great! Does its job!

from Lyman, SC

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

I bought this sunscreen for my toddler. He is very fair sknned, and burns extremely easily. I didn't expect it to really protect his skin, since it is organic, and I don't normally use organic products. However, I coated him really well, and we were outside for several hours and he came in un-burned! It was wonderful! So, needless to say, I was SOLD on the product! It wasn't as thin as other creams, so when I put it on him, it didn't make such a mess.  The other brand I used ran out between my fingers as I tried to rub it on him. This Avalon kind doesn't do that! also, I used it on his face, and we were in water and he never complained of his eyes burning. So, I am assuming that they didn't. It doesn't smell very good. We didn't prefer the scent at all. I would definitely recommend this sunscreen for toddlers. I am not sure about babies, as I was told not to put sunscreen on them until they were over six months old.

Not enough SPF

from Bend, OR

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

absolutely fabulous for babies protection from the sun

from Scottsbluff, NE

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

The sunscreen is the best that I have found on the market to protect my babies skin from the sun. It has a very nice fragrance unlike others out there smell generic or smell like clay. It is easy to absorb into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy sticky feeling to the touch. The price is reasonably within anyones budget and I would most definitely recomend it to all my family and friends that have babies. I have tried alot of different products out there and I seem to find them too greasy runny or even evaporate shortly after it gets put on babies skin. I have even had tried products that burn my babies skin more than just not have put anything on them at all. I would most definitely reccomend it to my grandbabies when they grow up and have children of their own and their children when they grow up. this product is definitely going to stay in my household for many years to come and in my family members homes as well. I don't feel uneasy leaving my child exposed to any amount of sunlight as long as I have this product on hand.

good,nice effect

from Woodland Hills, CA

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

Effective, natural sun protection. This non-greasy sunscreen protects little one's skin with titanium dioxide, a natural UVA/UVB reflective barrier. Plus, its certified organic blend of chamomile, aloe, jojoba & sunflower keeps skin soft and soothed. clinically tested, pediatrician confirmed, hypo-allergenic, paraben free, fragrance free

workd, but hard to rub in

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

I want to love this sunscreen, but I just don't. I bought it to use on my son and found it really hard to rub in, and it stayed very greasy. Stuff stuck to him the minute we went outside. And he started screaming about halfway through the application of it to his legs, arms & face because I was rubbing so much it irritated him. I felt for the poor kid, so now I use it and I went back to Aveeno Baby. I don't love that either because of the chemicals Aveeno uses, but it goes on easily and isn't very greasy.

Sunscreen without worry . . . not easy to find!!

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

i love this sunscreen because its not sticky or greasy and the price is great! It is chemical free and makes me feel better about using it on my kids.  So far, it has worked well for everyone so we are very happy.

perfect sunblock for sensitive skin and babies

from Greenwood, IN

Comments about Avalon Organics Baby Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18:

I am very happy with this product.  I do not have a baby but I have very sensitive skin. I usually check in the baby products when using skin care things.  I like to use baby products because it is gental on skin and usually has less harsh chemicals and ingerdients.  I found this when looking for a good sunblock for the summer.  It did not irriate my skin and it whet perfect under makeup.  I would definately use it again.  I hate when sunblock is chunky and thick.  This was light and smooth and did do anythign but its job. THe only think that I would like to see is a higher spf, being accutane makes me very sensitive the sun on top of already having very sensitive skin.  Under make up it is perfect but at the beach or park when wearing sleveless shirts and such I could use a little more coverage.  I still like it alot and usually just reapply it when I need to.  I am still looking for something like this with a higher spf.