3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Noisy but gets the job done!

Comments about Amana Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher is very loud and obnoxious, but it cleans very well. I like the 1-hour mode, it gets the job done in a short amount of time. The heated dry doesn't work too well, so once the dishes are clean I'll pull out both of the racks and let them air dry. I would recommend this product for a first-time home buyer!

Decent entry-level dishwasher!

Comments about Amana Built-in Dishwasher:

I have had my Amana dishwasher for 3 years now and it is still running strong. I don't have any water quality issues such as hard water or mineral-rich water, so I cannot speak to how it would fare in those conditions. However, this inexpensive dishwasher is still cleaning my dishes as well as it did the day it was installed 3 years ago. It does, however, require pre-rinsing the dished before loading. This is not a big issue to me, though.

Noise Level
My only negative comment about this dishwasher is the noise level. It is on the high end of the moderately loud range. It was not anywhere near as loud as it is today when it was first installed. It has gotten progressively louder over the past 3 years. I have taken the entire unit apart and looked or any signs of wear or reasons for the noise, but I cannot find any. It is loud enough that we have to turn the TV volume up a few notches when it is running.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning time is quite long. A load takes approx. 1.5 hours

• Loading Flexibility:

For a super cheap dishwasher, it gets the job done

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Amana Built-in Dishwasher:

The Amana built-in dishwasher (we have the model that is black) works okay. It is not super durable or very high-quality, but it works better than the dishwasher we replaced. We live in a rental house, and this is the model the landlord picked to replace our old broken dishwasher. When I have my own house, I will spring for something nicer. This dishwasher is quite loud. I asked the installation guys about it, and they said it is not insulated, which makes for a noisy wash/rinse cycle. I am the type of person who cleans all my dishes pretty well before I load them into the dishwasher (as in, there are no food particles left on the plates), so I basically only use the dishwasher as a "dish sterilizer" anyway, so I can't speak to how well it actually washes dried food residue off of dishes. To save on electricity costs, I turn the heated dry off and let the dishes air dry, which generally works out pretty well.