Other Sunscreens:

Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunblock Sport SPF 45

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunblock Sport works great!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunblock Sport SPF 45:

I bought this sunscreen as well as another bottle of Alba to take on a recent beach trip. It will be now one of my go-to sunscreens. I discovered it while researching safe and natural sunscreens and this brand topped the list.

Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunblock Sport SPF 45 has a light scent not heavy and tropical like many other sunscreens. I like to use it everyday so I don't want to smell like coconuts all the time!

Absorption
This lotion absorbs quickly and is not greasy or heavy. It doesn't clog my pores even when I use it on my face. It doesn't make my skin white either like some other natural products.

Longevity
This sunscreen lasts all day when I use it for outdoor activities. I haven't had to reapply it unless I'm swimming for a long period.

I haven't got sun burned using this product and I've been using it for a month or so now working in the yard or taking walks with my dog.

Ease of Application
This lotion is easy to apply and a little goes a long way. My only drawback is that it's a little more expensive than mainstream sunblocks.

Great for active people!

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunblock Sport SPF 45:

I bought the Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunblock Sport SPF 45 to use while running. I've always loved Alba Botanica's sunscreens for their natural ingredients and good performance, and this one was no different.

The sunscreen comes in an easy to dispense tube. It has a light scent that does linger but isn't overwhelming. It definitely feels a lot thicker and creamier than the other sunscreens in the Alba Botanica line, and it rubs onto my skin quickly and easily. It definitely doesn't absorb completely, and you can see some on my skin after application, but since I only use this while running it isn't a concern. In terms of performance and effectiveness, this sunscreen meets all my expectations. It seems to be both waterproof and sweat proof, and I never need to reapply even during runs that are several hours long. I've also never gotten even a slight burn while wearing this sunscreen. Finally, this sunscreen is very easy to wash off, it comes off easily with soap and water in my post run shower, and never leaves me greasy afterwards.

I would definitely recommend this sunscreen for anyone that needs a natural sunblock that is waterproof and sweat proof.

On the EWG Safe Sunscreen List

from Ashland, OH

Comments about Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunblock Sport SPF 45:

We live in Florida so if we're going to be outside for longer than 15 minutes we all need to put sunscreen on. I bought this one because it was on the EWG's safe sunscreen list and it's a great price for a mineral sunscreen. We've used it quite a few times at the beach and had no issues. My 1 year old and 2.5 year old sit still so I can put it on. They've never been burned using it even playing in full sun and in the water. I generally reapply after 2 hours and that doesn't seem to be a problem. It seems to be waterproof (I can see the water bead off of their skin).

A light scent.

Absorption
It's a mineral sunscreen so it's not absorbed the same way that other sunscreens are. I can generally still see it on their skin, but I figure I'd rather see it than have them get burnt.

Longevity
We reapply after 2-3 hours of swimming.

My kids have not gotten burnt while using it.

Ease of Application
It's a thicker sunscreen (because it's mineral based) so it takes a few extra minutes to really get it rubbed in but my kids are so used to sitting still to get sunscreen on that it doesn't bother them.