Other Travel Websites:

Agoda.com

Pros

Cons

Agoda.com Finds Great Hotel Deals

Travel web sites are in such abundance that it is often difficult to decide which one is best to visit for a particular travel need. I tend to go for the general purpose travel web sites that encompass a large array of travel services, but sometimes, a more specific niche travel site is good, too. One such site is Agoda.com, a travel service for lodging.

Agoda.com is useful as a travel service for finding hotel and resort bookings across the United States and the world. With Agoda.com, travelers can search and research hotels and resorts based on a location, landmark, or airport code. The search results can then be sorted by rating, review score., etc., and can be narrowed down based on a large set of different criteria. The number of filter criteria is better than that found in other travel web sites and it helps you eliminate what you don’t want and focus only on what you do want.

Agoda.com is nice for its customer review section because here, you can get the rundown on a hotel from people who have been there and done that. They will tell you exactly which hotels are good and which should be avoided. Agoda.com will also attach a star rating for each hotel and these are nice, but the personal reviews are better because they are from actual people whoa re more than ready to provide their gut feeling on each place of lodging. Yes, some of the reviews are a tad exaggerated but they are still nice to read and they can help make a good decision.

Finding the right hotel takes effort, but Agoda.com is ready to help travelers with their lodging needs. Its information on each individual hotel isn’t as great as some other travel sites, but I like the search and filtering abilities of the service and I recommended using it for your next hotel search.

One of the easiest to use lodging web sites around.

Features
Enough features to help you find what you want and book your trip.

Third Party Hotel Booking's! Deceptive, Not Customer Friendly!

Booked with Agoda, but I thought I was booking through Best Western. I never got a confirmation, even though "Agoda" states I did. (Yea, web sites always work; RIGHT!) Later I decided I wanted to cancel, because my wife wanted to stay at an embassy suites, like we usually do, even though they cost more. So, I called Best Western to cancel, and they did not even have a reservation. So, I didn't give it another thought, because I never thought it went through to begin with. NOW, they wont budge, and are billing me for the stay! I will not let this rest!

Thieves! Bandits! Deceptive Con-Men! Yes, easy to use, because all they care about is your Money, so they make it very easy... Don't make a mistake!

Features
Thieves! Bandits! Deceptive Con-Men!

Customer Service
If I could give a "MINUS" here, I would!

Great hotel booking website!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Agoda.com:

I love Agoda.com for their excellent choice of hotels in South East Asia specifically. I would also like to point out that customer service is really professional and they promptly help to resolve any issue whenever those came up.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Boo hotels for less.

Comments about Agoda.com:

I was intrigued by agoda.com, upon reading reviews on this (and a few other) review sites. Upon visiting, I found the site to be rather reasonable, and easy to use. It was laid out properly, so you can search by location, hotel chain, star ratings, and pricing. I also like the fact that they have hotel deals anywhere in the world, so you can travel outside of the US, and book great trips online for less as well. I liked the different hotel options; there are hotels from 2 star up to 5 star, allowing you to find a great price, on the best hotel chains. I also like the email confirmation and immediate confirmation upon booking, so you aren't waiting several hours to know your reservation went through. Also, they send out weekly deal alerts, so if you do travel often, it is good to sign up with their site, as you may find excellent last minute deals, on hotels that aren't sold out during the time that you plan on taking a trip.

• Customer Service:

Third Party Hotel Booking's! Deceptive, Not Customer Friendly!

Features
Thieves! Bandits! Deceptive Con-Men!

Customer Service
If I could give a "MINUS" here, I would!

• Customer Service:

My new favorite hotel booking website

Comments about Agoda.com:

The Bottom Line: Agoda.com is just about the perfect hotel booking website. User-friendly, a "pay later" option easy cancellations, completely legit and unbiased reviews, and a great rewards program that allow you to redeem points for hotel stays. The only minor negative is the slow customer service response. Other than that I highly recommend Agoda.com.

I love the way this website is designed. Searches are easy, clear, and you get clear, easy-to-read results thanks to a user-friendly interface. You can search hotels by map as well, which is so helpful when you need to book a hotel based on location. You can book your hotel right from Agoda.com without being redirected to outside websites. I also love the fact that reviews are 100% legit and checked by Agoda.com before being posted and can be trusted.

Features
A couple of features which I love about this website is that you can actually make a reservation and not pay until later if needed, and you earn points for every booking you make on their website. You can actually redeem those points for free rooms later down the road. It's a great rewards program that is one more reason why I have mostly been using Agoda.com to make all of my hotel reservations.

Customer Service
This area is the one area that needs a bit of improvement. I e-mailed customer service once and had to send a request for help three times before getting a response. Luckily my issue was not that big a deal, but if I had a situation where I needed an immediate response, it would prove a bit more difficult to reach customer service than I would like. The contact number given on their website is a Thailand number, which makes it tough to call if you are in the US.

• Customer Service:

Great travel resource, especially for Asia

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Agoda.com:

After drooling over a friend's pictures and stories from his trip to Thailand, I decided to check out what options were available if I wanted to plan a trip. I googled "travel to Thailand" and Agoda.com was the first site that came up in my search. I like the layout and the information each search provides. I especially like that it gives the user ratings rignt in the search to give you a better idea of what to expect. The different room types break down is also useful, especially since international hotels can be so different from what we may be used to in American hotels. It is also nice that you can "book now, pay later" which you can't do on a lot of the other travel sites.
I know that this is a hotel centric site, but I do wish they had some information about the cities or attractions near the hotels along with all the other information that they provide. The other thing I don't like are the pop ups. I don't care how many other users are looking at this hotel right now (or the other seemingly useles facts that come on the pop ups).

Very easy to search as long as you have your date and city,

Features
This has a lot of features and information provided on hotels that are not there on other travel websites. This incluces nearest transport, distance from airport and top attractions in the area (gives a list but not clickable links to information on those destinations)

Very good

from Kansas

Comments about Agoda.com:

I recently used Agoda after seeing positive reviews about them on here. I simply needed to book a room for a trip to Chicago. The process went perfectly smooth and I had a great room waiting for me when I got there.

On this website you can search for lodging by country, city, airport, area, or landmark. This makes it really convenient to find a hotel location that fits your needs. You can also choose from more than just hotels; they also have villas and apartments listed. They provide all the information you need for choosing the lodging that is best for you. You can even read other users reviews!

I received my confirmation from agoda but still chose to double check with the hotel and everything was completed just as promised. This is probably the best lodging website I have used. It is convenient, informative, and has great prices.

Although the website loads kind of slow, it is easy to navigate and booking is quick.

Features
I like the feature on the website that allows you to change the language and the currency to fit your particular needs. That makes it convenient for those in other countries to use the website with ease!

Simply the best!

Comments about Agoda.com:

Best prices, beast selection, easy booking process. I use no one else to book hotel rooms in Asia. I only wish they sold airfares and were in more countries!

Wish they sorted by price but otherwise it's so easy.

Customer Service
Any time I've had a problem, Agoda's staff has helped me sort it out. I love them.

Excellent for Asia

Comments about Agoda.com:

We used Agoda for making 2 bookings in Thailand this past summer. I generally use Tripadvisor and Booking.com as my go-to sites, but for Asia I was told Agoda is the best resource. It really is. We were shown a huge selection of accommodations by price and locale, and the pictures and descriptions, in our case, were spot on. We had no problems whatsoever with the reservations and everything went off smoothly. The accomodations offered on Agoda did not all appear on the other websites.

No multiple embedded frame and miserable pop-ups to slow and confuse the search process. I was able to make modifications to parameters automatically with a new window or tab opening.

Features
You can add the usual qualifiers of locale, price, rating, etc., but the speed and automatic way the changes are processed in single screen is the best feature.

Customer Service
We did not use customer service per se to make calls or troubleshoot problems. But we received detailed and complete confirmations for Agoda that were readily accepted with no problem at our destinations. I had one email exchange on cancellation issues and it was answered very quickly--within 12 hours.

Great website!

Comments about Agoda.com:

I have used Agoda.com several times always with very satisfactory results. Agoda was recommended to me by a friend in China when i asked for recommendations for hotels in Thailand. I was very impressed by the range of search options and prices available. The photos and customer reviews were extremely helpful in narrowing down the choices. I found my hotel was exactly as I expected based on the information I received on Agoda. I made my reservation through Agoda and had no problems with checking in or out. My first experience with Agoda was so positive it is now my go-to travel website.

So Easy! I had no problems navigating through Agoda's website. It is well set up, with many different search options for the casual browser or the dedicated searcher.

Features
My favorite feature on Agoda.com is the option to filter by location, price, star ratings, hotel features, and more. It is also quite simple to check prices on different days without starting a new search.

Great Low Prices On An International Site

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Agoda.com:

I have used Agoda three times, for booking great (and affordable) accommodation in the Maldives, Turkey, and Indonesia. I look forward to booking other locations via Agoda in the future.

One thing that can be annoying is when a page for a particular hotel shows only a few room options. You have to remember to look for the link that will expand the page to show ALL the room options available. I forget to expand the page at times and eliminate a hotel, thinking it doesn't have the type of bed/room features I want.

Features
This is a great site for booking in Asia (aside from other countries), especially when one doesn't possess fluency (or knowledge of) reading Asian languages. Agoda is available in an extensive selection of languages. When one is having trouble with the language, it can be hard to trust other sites, not knowing if you're interpreting some text correctly. Agoda has such a far reach, many hotels in many countries, that it's nice to go back to a familiar site even when one is going to a new location.

I particularly like being able to sort reviews by "type of traveler" and "country" because reviews depend on the past experiences the reviewer is comparing against. For example, someone who has not traveled much, or who normally only stays in budget hotels, might think a three-star hotel is the "best [they've] ever stayed in" -- someone who is a business traveler might think that three-star hotel is more of a two-star.

Thus, I generally sort reviews according to travelers from my country and what type of traveler they are (couple or business traveler) to get a better idea of how I, personally, will perceive the hotel.

Customer Service
When I've needed extra copies of my receipts or wanted to make special requests of the hotels, Agoda has made it easy to do so, automatically from my account!