Other Clothes Dryers:

Admiral Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

a good dryer

We bought this dryer when we moved into our home just over six years ago. I had one issue with it right after they installed it. Every time I would touch the inside of the dryer door I would get shocked. They quickly came back out and fixed it, they said it was not grounded properly.

Ever since then it has worked fine. The price was good when we bought it, that was the biggest factor for us buying this. It gets the job done. I do a lot of laundry since we are a family of five, and one of them is a teeneage girl who changes clothes a ton of times a day, so it definatly gets used a lot. It is still going strong.

I do wish it was more "green". If I had a nicer dryer that dried faster I would love it because it would use less electricity and I would pay less. But we cant afford a high tech dryer now.

All in all I like this dryer. IT dries the clothes good, I dont know what else I would need right?

I would reccomend this dryer to someone looking for a new one and they are on a budget. The customer service was good since they came out right away and fixed my problem. And it is still running 6 years later. I am not sure how long dryers are supposed to last, but six years and counting is a good run to me especially for one that cost so little. Like I mentioned, wish I could afford a nice "green" one, but for the price this one performs great and should last a long time. I do feel like I have got mhy moneys worth and will continue to use it until it no longer works. If it is only in the budget to buy a cheap one again, I would not hesitate to go with this brand again

cheap, work wonderfully

The Admiral dryer was the first dryer me and my husband bought after getting our first house. Worked great, handled a lot of abuse well. We have 4 dogs, their beds got cleaned once every 2 weeks, handled dying those perfectly even with the mass amounts of dog hair! The buzzer was a pain, woke our roommate up when I decided to do laundry late, but other than that I loved it. Took it for granted, these new high tech dryers aren't so easy to clean and can't really handle anything like that one did.

Great product for a Great Price

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

Dryer works well and was at a great price. I have no issues with this dryer after 2 years.

Load Capacity
This dryer takes a normal size load.

This dryer works well. The clothes are dry and wrinkle free.

There is no complications with the use of this dryer. It is a easy to reach front load.

This dryer is a normal average design, nothing out of teh ordinary and no frills. This dryer works great though.

• Load Capacity:

Timers go bad in 3 years! Costs 175.00 to replace!

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

I purchased 2 dryers the exact same month for 2 rentals. Same tenants in both and machine in great shape. However, within 3 weeks of one another, the timer goes out. That's not acceptable. The only worst thing that could happen would be the motor. I went ahead and replace the timer in hopes that I don't have another repair bill like this for several years.

• Load Capacity:

A nice, basic dryer for all of your needs.

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

When I didn't need a fancy dryer for my basement downstairs, I settled on this one. It is a very basic, convenient, sensible dryer to purchase that is no frills but does get the job done. It's not too loud, and is large enough to dry a large load. While there are no great features on it, it still works great and we haven't had any problems

Load Capacity
I just dried a very large and wet load that should have taken about 65 minutes to dry but was completely dry in about 40. It does handle most of the loads I put into it very well.

Door is nice and easy to open for unloading, only wish that it had a louder buzzer on it so I know when my clothes were done, but it does get them dry!

Very easy, very basic to use. No frills or numerous option settings to choose from.

I have a feeling this is one of those sturdy, basic dryers that will last me a very long time!

Not the prettiest or shiniest of dryers, just your basic white square design, nothing much to look at.

• Load Capacity:

Takes several cycles before everything is dry

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

I used this dryer in an apartment I was renting. I was the second tenant to use it and I used it for about 2 years. It's a relatively inexpensive dryer so I can understand why the landlord purchased it. It is also hard to complain when this isn't actually something I purchased, however I used it enough to know to never ever buy one.

This dryer has a large capacity. However, the more you fill it, the more unlikely it is that your items in it will actually dry with one cycle. Even when not filled all the way I up, I would have to do 2 or even 3 more cycles to get clothes dried. Drying sports shirts are one thing (they're actually meant to be quick drying), but spending hours drying jeans just doesn't make sense to me.

This thing is not up to par. Before wasting your money and thinking you got a good deal, save up and look elsewhere. There are plenty of options out there and sometimes spending a bit more money on a product does actually pay off.

• Load Capacity:

Very low quality construction. Enamel on drum is blistering.

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

Purchased dryer new from Home Depot. First one brought out worked for 1 day. Second
one is still working but the enamel is blistering and peeling off the back of the drum.
Called Whirlpool and they told me how very sorry they were but didn't have any info or
suggestions. Too bad. Looks like we bought a disposable dryer. Customer service is so
dead. And now their call centers are moving overseas.

A Great Buy!

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

I am in love with this electric dryer! I used to waste a lot of time and money by having to keep re-drying thick bed linen, coats and clothes. But now I don't have to and this electric dryer alone, makes my life that much easier. This dryer is extremely effective, efficient and affordable. It is great for college kids, small to large families and single people. You won't have to worry about over packing the dryer with too many thick items and worrying about them not fully drying and still being damp. I have placed two comforters in at one time and they both came out warm and ultra dry. This dryer lasts forever and you won't have to worry about purchasing another dryer for a long while, if ever. Definitely an excellent buy that you and your whole family will love and appreciate.

• Load Capacity:

Great dryer for the buck!

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

I was nervous getting this drying because it was cheaper than the other brands. This dryer has been through a lot. We have 5 people in our family and we go through about 8 loads a week. It has lasted for 3 years so far and we have not had any problems. This is have been a great dryer for the amount of money we spent.

• Load Capacity:

Does the job for the cost

from Brighton, MI

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

We needed a new dryer and did not want to spend a ton. So, we found the Admiral. I was a bit concern because it was so much less than others, but it does the job. It does not seem to take as long as my old dryer for the energy prefered setting, but my clothes are often not totally dry when it is done. So, I just set it a bit longer, and it does the job. I have been happy with it for the price.

• Load Capacity:

Okay for the price, but never again.

Comments about Admiral Electric Dryer:

I didn't expect much for the price, but after only 18 months, I had to do my own repair because it broke and the warrantee was up. When it works, it does work well, but customer service was lousy when trying to get help.

a good dryer