3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

AcneFree Acne Free System takes some time but works eventually.

I found that when first using AcneFree Acne Free System or returning to it after trying something differnt that my face always got worse be for it got better. My face and my friends' who have used this product have, for some reason, always broke out before the product would start clearing up my face. Most of my friends who used AcneFree Acne Free System would stop using it because of that fact but i usally stick it out because it works for me fairly well after about a week. The most important thing about this product, i would say, would be to use all everything they give, like the cleanser, the toner, and the moisturizer at least twice a day to speed up the process, but then when they run out I go and buy just the cleanser which they finally started selling and just use that twice a day and my face will usally stay clear. Although, Just like any other acne product if you stop using it, it will stop working so stay consistent!

Ok, I tried it...so sorry I buyed it....

I was so excited-after all the TV commercials for Pro-Active have such wonderful before and after pictures and such huge celebrity endorsements and then there are the infomercials-all of which drive up the price.  So, in reading the box, and the claims of university medical center testing and development, and that it is competitive with Pro-Active etc and so forth, I anted up and bought the kit....(A rare thing for me to spend that kind of money in one shot)  I faithfully read all the instructional materials and followed the regime to the letter.  The fly leaf is correct, you don't get a burning sensation as is so often experienced with the competitor products, and it truly isn't overdrying, and it has a pleasant scent....and it does cost less than the leading competitor...That being said, I found myself to have gently treated, nice smelling, ph balanced zits, which isn't a whole lot different than when I started.  I kept with it though, through the whole kit, the whole cycle.   My kit even came with a bonus tube of their scar eraser product (which makes scars smell fruity fresh and soft and supple, but they are still scars....I am sure that my skin is scrupulously clean.  I am sure that a certain amount of bacteria is being killed off, potentially preventing other zits from forming to further upset and embarass me.  As for the existing zits....well, they kind of went "na na boo boo" at you in the mirror.  Their stay on my skin was not a shorter one than usual, and they didn't seem larger or smaller than usual, but they were fruity fresh and well conditioned.   It would seem that Acne Free might be the ultimate anti-aging product for the zits.  I still have some of the scar treatment sample left...my daughter wants to use it where she skinned her knee when the scab comes off (Good luck kid)  I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that acne is more a function of genetics and if you have it, you have it...You can be cleanly and careful to minimize scarring and spread, but beyond that, don't spend the big bucks.  I am back to good old Clearasil concealing medicated creme and the pre-moistened cleansing pads...works about the same for about 1/3 the price.  And I speak from lonnnngggg experience with zits.

A low-price choice for mild to moderate acne

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

I have been using the AcneFree 3 Step System for several months, trying to find an alternative to the higher-priced system I usually use. While it doesn't keep all breakouts from occurring, it does keep my face more clear than other replacements I have used. I am not as satisfied with it as with my regular system, so I don't know if I would consider it a permanent replacement, but it is definitely a lower-priced, easier to find in-store option. The cleanser, toner and treatment are easy to use and gentle, while still being fairly effective. One definite draw-back in my opinion though, is that the pieces of the system cannot all be purchased as separates. I think that would make me feel a little better about the product, if I did not have to purchase a new three-piece set when I am just out of toner, which I always use the quickest. In my experience, I don't think that I would recommend it as a cure-all for severe or cystic acne, but for moderate or mild acne, I think this is a great choice.

It's alright.

from Kansas

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

I bought this product a few years back when I saw it in the store. It's kind of similar to proactiv [the 3 part system and the bottles are similar, copycat product] but MUCH cheaper! Back when I did buy this I had acne quite frequently and was always looking for a product to help with it and wasn't super expensive. I find the product to be fairly average, it's not great but it's not bad. Pretty much just like any other acne cleanser out there. I have dry skin and luckily it didn't dry it out more like some other products do. I did not use it for a very long period of time because I found the 3-steps to be too much work [I'm lazy, okay!]. I chose to return to just a 1 step cleanser since the results were the same anyway. Overall, I'd say give it a try if you want a cheap alternative to Proactiv, but it's not an extremely good product, just average. I've heard other people say it's worked amazingly for them so maybe it just didn't work well with my skin.

• Immediacy:

Harshly overdried my skin. I had a terrible reaction.

from West Virginia

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

I normally have normal-ish skin with a few pimples on my forehead and chin and tons of black heads on my nose and chin in the T-zone. My skin is a toss up as to how oily it will be. Some days I feel greasy, other days it's just my nose, and others still I feel very dry.

I purchased this product to try out on my blackheads but after one application I simply couldn't use it anymore. I've had somewhat sensitive skin my whole life but nothing compared to what this did to me. I used it in the morning and had some tingling and a little itching but assumed it was normal as it probably dries acne. I used it again at night and when I got up the next morning, my face was red and blotchy. I had spots everywhere as if I had broken out in hives. I was scratching and my skin was so dry it was like leather. Over the next few days with no further application, the skin drying was worse. I was flaking and even more and more dry. I ended up tossing this out because I was afraid to try it ever again. I don't know which step did it to me or if it was a combination of the three but it was a horrifying experience. I refuse to give them another chance.

I really couldn't say because my skin had such a bad reaction.

Ease of Application
it was all easy enough to apply.

Convenience
I don't know if I would call what happened to me convenient, but the product was easy to find and use.

Side Effects
It was horrible. Luckily this was in the summer time on vacation so I was not working or in school. It was awesome. I had blotchy hives, flaking skin, and I was so leathery it hurt to move my mouth.

Immediacy
I really don't know because of the reaction I had.

• Immediacy:

I absolutely LOVE this product!

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

I want to start off by saying that I have been an acne-sufferer for the past 8 years. I have tried everything from natural remedies to store bought cleansers, even prescriptions to no avail. Some of the products even made my acne WORSE then before I started. I was starting to give up on hope of ever having clear, beautiful skin when my sister (a fellow acne-sufferer) recommended I try "AcneFree" I was skeptical at first because nothing had worked in the past, but I was beyond desperate to find relief. After rushing to the store to purchase this product I was very excited to use it and by the next morning I could already see and feel a difference. My skin was softer, a lot less oilier and my scars looked so much lighter. It has taken me a few tries with this product because it offers different cleansers for different skin types (Sensitive, Severe, and a few others) I finally settled on the cleanser line made for sensitive skin. It's made with natural ingredients, and all though it smells a bit funky it has worked wonders for my skin! I switch back and forth between "Sensitive" and "Severe" because after awhile of continuous use the product stops working all together. In the normal acne-clearing system I can feel little specks of something which i'm assuming is for exfoliation. It really does leave soft, smooth skin!

Works better than any acne treatment i've ever tried!

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply, the cleanser is a cream-like substance instead of gel or foam which makes it very easy to work with.

Convenience
It has three steps to it, making it a dreadful routine after a long day. But it's worth it for clear skin!

Side Effects
I have not seen or felt a single side effect since starting this acne-cleansing system.

Immediacy
I already started seeing results the FIRST morning after trying the product!

Ineffective Acne Solution

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

I purchased the AcneFree 3 Step System because it seemed like a nice alternative to Proactiv that was available at Wal-Mart or a drug store and did not require a long wait for shipping or shipping fees. Unfortunately, it was not a particularly effective product. I do like the cleanser, which is step one in the system. It is not overly harsh, so once your skin gets accustomed to it (you may have to just use it once every two days or so at first to avoid excessive drying), there definitely seems to be a decrease in acne. Step two, the toner, however, is completely useless. It doesn’t actually contain any active ingredients to help fight acne, and it also doesn’t seem to do much of anything for the pores, which is how a toner is supposed to work. I was unimpressed. The worst of all, though, is the third step, the moisturizer. It is nothing like a moisturizer. Its texture is far thicker, and it requires a lot of product to cover your entire face (which is ironic considering it’s the smallest of the three bottles). It dries out the skin horribly. A set with only one decent step is not so good, and overall, the improvement in acne was negligible.

Over the Counter Ease

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

I purchased this product for my teenager and found that it was relatively successful as long as he would use all of the products as directed. This product is a good purchase for the money. The sensitive skin formula is the best for my kids.

My son's complexion cleared up significantly in about two weeks. The wash seemed to work best for him if he used it when in the shower. He often used it on his back and chest as well. I would say that it works as well as the expensive home delivery products that are similar.

Ease of Application
The several steps are easy, just more for a teenager to stay on top of and follow the directions.

Convenience
The toner is wonderful and easy to use. The lotion is absorbed quickly too.

Side Effects
My son's skin became a bit dry and would have oily patches occasionally. His skin was also more sensitive to the sun, which is hard when living in California.

Immediacy
I saw a remarkable improvement within 2 weeks time.

• Immediacy:

Swore by this in my teenage years!

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

I tired just about everything you could think of as a teenage to help control my acne breakouts. I never really knew how to get the right combination of products till I bought Acne Free. I loved this stuff and it worked! It's not a cure all miracle, but I saw drastic improvements. I repurchased this kit over and over and over again! It's gentle on skin, doesn't over dry or irritate. The three step system is easy to use day and night. I still recommend this to people struggling with acne. The price is so much cheaper than other acne systems and it is available almost everywhere!

I was very satisfied with the improvements I saw in my acne. I still got an occasional blemish or two, but the improvements were noticeable, and I was able to wear less make up.

Ease of Application
The three step system is easy. You just cleanse, tone and moisturize. I was able to do this quickly in the morning and at night. Each product is good quality.

Convenience
Again, very easy to do twice daily!

Side Effects
I didn't have any problems with over drying or redness. No side effects for me.

Immediacy
It takes a few weeks, like any other acne product to see a noticeable difference, but after the first few weeks it kept my skin clearer consistently.

• Immediacy:

Works great with minor complaints

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

Overall, I'll give this product a rating of 10. I have been using this product for about a month. I took a photo of my face before I used the product and followed all the instructions listed on the label. My face is not very sensitive to products, but it did dry my face out after about two weeks of twice daily use. It worked the bumps under my skin first. Some reviews that I read said that it was pulling the bumps from beneath your skin (which makes you look a mess) and then clearing it up. I didn't experience that. It seemed as if the Acne Free wasn't doing anything to the outer surface of my face. It worked on all the inner problems because my face was really soft and usually when I would rub my hands across my skin, I could feel the invisible bumps. After about a week and a half I had no invisible bumps under my skin. Then it started working on the outer problems of my face. The scarring on my face was taking way more time to remove. It slowly showed some fading results after about two weeks. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue use of the product because it totally started to dry my face out to the point of peeling. That's when I was using it twice daily. I reduced it to once daily and still got the same results. I tried going once every other day and that seemed to do a little bit of just, but still some dryness.

If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend washing your face once daily and make it a mid-day wash. You don't want to do it at night only to lay on you pillow and rub it all off.

Very effective!

Ease of Application
The application was very easy to apply and not too strong.

Side Effects
Made my face a bit dry using the twice daily application. If you start off with once daily you should be ok.

Immediacy
Pretty quick results on the clearing of the acne.

• Immediacy:

Not what its all made out to be

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

A few months ago I had a bad ance breakout and couldn't get into see a doctor for a few weeks. I had a few friends recommend this product so I went and tried it. I followed step by step what all I needed to do. I had a lot of side effects when I first used it. My face turned very red and was itching. It soon stopped and the redness went away within a half hour or so. I continued to try it and not only was my face getting worse the dryness was also making the process very painful and uncomfortable. I would not recommend this product to anyone due to the uneffectiveness.

Okay with little acne

Comments about AcneFree 3 Step System:

I purchased this kit from costco some years ago when I was breaking out on my nose. It turned out to be pretty effective in blocking breakouts in other areas, but not minimizing the appearance of the breakout already there.

Great guard against breakouts in other areas of the face, but not great in treating breakouts that are already there.

Ease of Application
I thought that the acne free steps were very easy to follow and fast to apply. The first step of washing the face definitely takes the longest, but that's the same for all face-washes. The second and third step both require the use of a cotton ball or small makeup pad. They didn't take long to smear on.

Convenience
The price was good for the outcome. The products also are small enough bottles that I could easily store them in my medicine cabinet. They were small enough to travel with if packed in a suitcase.

Side Effects
I had no unwanted side effects except some dryness.

Immediacy
Definitely no immediate changes. As I said, this product is more of a "blocker" vs a "treater".