Other Body Lotions:
Aveda

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

This product will heal your dry, chapped hands.

This came as part of one of my Christmas gifts and it is absolutely wonderful.  It is a rich and creamy lotion that soothes and moisturizes your hands.  Even though I do not live in a cold climate, my hands are extremely dry and in dire need of moisturizing.

It uses hydrating plant emollients, exfoliating fruit acids and anti-oxidants, including Vitamin A and Vitamin E to help diminish the signs of aging and to provide optimal relief for dry skin.  It promises to increase moisture levels and elasticity in skin with continued use.

The fragrance is light and pleasant, somewhat like citrus, but not at all overpowering.

I was intrigued by the ingredient list which includes licorice root and soybean oil.  There are so many natural plant extracts in this lotion, it has to be good for your hands.  After using the lotion just a few days now, I can honestly say that my hands are smoother, more moisturized and definitely showing fewer signs of dryness.

I would recommend this product to anyone who needs a good moisturizer for their hands.  Most malls have an AVEDA store and their products can also be purchased online.

Don't use if you are allergic to echinacea!

I used to go to an Aveda concept salon for manicures on a regular basis. My manacurist used Aveda Hand Relief on my hands and arms. Every time after my manicure, I would get a red itchy rash from my finger tips to my elbows. I thought I had touched poison ivy or something like that. I had no idea that the Aveda Hand Remedy was to blame, but I had a feeling it was because the rash appeared only where she had massaged the lotion on my hands and arms. The next time I went for a manicure, I asked to look at the ingredients before she used it on me. One of the ingredients listed quite high on the ingredient list was echinacea (purple cone flower.) I am allergic to it (and so are many people who have allergies like hay fever, ragweed, or spring/fall seasonal allergies.) Once I stopped using this lotion, the rash went away. I would recommend allergy sufferers to use a different lotion for their hands, so they don't have a problem like I did.

Best hand lotion on the market

from Iowa

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• After Shower/Bath
    • Deep Moisturization
    • Dry/Chapped Skin
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

I have tried many lotions throughout the years and every brand I tried left my hands feeling greasy. My hands were also always chapped as if the lotion did not soak in. I have found that this lotion easily absorbs into my hands, does not feel greasy and helps to keep my hands moisturized for longer periods of time, even after washing my hands. I like that it does help with chapped hands too.

One of the best hand lotions out there!

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

First of all, I absolutely love the scent of this product. It reminds me of citrus mixed in with some sort of medicinal smell. It is a scent that wakes me up and makes me feel energized, which is the ideal for me. The emollient quality of this hand lotion is also pleasant, as it keeps my hands fully hydrated without making them feel greasy. I find that the name of the product is interesting, due to the fact that the stress-reliving scent is combined with the moisturizing quality. I would equate the scent with being similar to anti-stress oils or some form of herbal concoction.
    I love giving this moisturizer as a gift to all of my friends.

Delicious scent that mimics aromatherapy.

Absorption
    I only need a tiny amount of product to give me the best results. I love how I can carry a tiny tube of this in my purse and it will last me a whole year!

Moisturized hands that smell amazing..what more can I truly ask for?

• Absorption:

Great lotion for dry skin

from Iowa

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

This is one of the best lotions I have found on the market and I have tried numerous brands. I love that this lotion doesn't have an overbearing smell and that it is not full of chemicals. The lotion deeply penetrates into skin, so you don't have to continue to reapply. The lotion is thick, but not so thick that it does not absorb into your skin. During the winter I use it at night to help heal my hands and they feel so soft when I wake up the next morning. I am extremely pleased with this product. Another plus is that it is not oily whatsoever, whereas other brands I have tried leave my hands feeling slippery and oily.

The scent is planted-based and for some it takes a bit to get used to. I believe it smells more like oranges than anything. The scent is light and not overbearing.

Absorption
    The lotion does an excellent job of absorbing into skin.

This lotion is completely effective. It does a great job on my hands and makes them feel so soft. This is one of the best lotions I have found on the market.

• Absorption:

My hands have never felt so soft

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

I recently went to a new hair salon for a hair cut. The new salon highly featured Aveda Products. As I was a new client, I received a little "goody" bag which contained various sample sizes of Aveda products. One of the samples was for Aveda Hand Relief. I love hand lotion and use it on a daily basis. I work in a library and my hands are always on display. I am very self conscious of how my hands looks. During the winter months my skin but especially my hands get very dry. I really need a hand lotion that moisturizes all day. When I first applied this lotion, I loved how it felt. The cream felt so good. It is hard to describe how good it felt, but I can say that the cream had a silky feeling. The cream was neither too thick nor too thin, it absorbed fast and did not leave any residue behind. After just one usage, my hands felt smoother and softer. After continued usage my skin on my hands no longer had a dry appearance. My hands looked and felt softer. I made a special trip to go back to the salon to purchase two full sized Hand Relief creams. I keep one at home and one at work.

This hand relief has a very light scent.

Absorption
    This hand cram spreads nicely over the skin and absorbs fast into my skin.

Aveda Hand Relief is extremely effective. After one usage, I noticed that my skin felt softer and not as dry.

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

I suffer from very dry hands. My hands get to where they will be so dry that they start to crack and bleed. It gets even worse in the winter months. So I am always trying new hand lotions to help relieve the dryness in my hands. The Aveda Hand Relief lotion is a good hand lotion for dry hands. It has a nice thickness to it. It's not really watery like some other lotions. It also has a good scent that isn't too strong. When I first started using this hand cream lotion I was putting it one twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Once my hands got a lot better, to the point where they were no longer cracking and bleeding, I reduce it to only once a day. So now I just use the lotion at night. The lotion does make a difference in your hands. After a week you can notice a major difference with the dryness in your hands. If your hands are really dry I would recommend using it twice a day until they get better then reducing it to once a day. It's a great hand cream especially for it's price.

• Absorption:

great hand lotion for extremely dry hands

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

This hand cream is a excellent choice for my extremely dry cracked hands especially in the winter months. Just after one application my hands start healing feeling better I can always depend on this product to rehydrate my skin and heal it quickly with no greasy residue left on my hands just smooth soft skin. This excellent hand cream is used by all skin types in my home and still does its job just the way we need it to. I not have to spend a lot of money on this product and I still get exactly what I need

I am sensitive to many highly perfumed or potent medicated smelling products. This product only leaves behind a light, clean, fresh scent on my hands. I like that I can get a good quality product that works great without a bunch of harsh scent.

Absorption
    This hand cream absorbs very quickly into the skin and does not leave behind any greasy residue on my hands.

I know that every time I use this product I know I will have good results.

Really great hand cream

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

I love Aveda's hand relief cream! It leaves a non-oily finish and it absorbs quickly. Like all Aveda products, it has an amazing, woodsy smell to it. The only thing I don't love is that I feel like I need to reapply constantly after washing my hands. It's easy to carry around with you though, so it's not too much of a hassle.

Pricy but Good

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

I ordered this lotion for the first time a few months ago from the Aveda catalogue, and I was skeptical of it. I was definitely afraid that I had wasted my money, but it actually turned out to be a good product. My skin is very dry on my hands, and the harsh winters in Wisconsin don't help my skin in the slightest. So, it is very hard to find a lotion that keeps my skin moisturized. This lotion is a great product to have in your bathroom (or even in your purse when you are on the go). It's not oily, and it quickly absorbs into your skin. I will have to say that it is quite expensive for lotion, but I always say that you have to treat yourself once in a while. While the price is a little high, it does not lack in the performance department. My hands feel so soft after I use it. It is a perfect product to use when you are giving yourself a manicure (or having a spa day with friends). Again, the lotion is a little pricy, but I would suggest that you buy it every 4-6 months. I only use the lotion for special occasions for when I am giving myself a manicure (or a complete spa day). That's all you will need it for! Treat yourself with this product!

Works like a charm

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

This is a great product that works good, it leaves my hand smooth and keeps them from getting dry and rough. I have tried other lotions and creams and while some has worked a bit this one works perfectly and fast as well. It is also creamy and thick and doesn't leave my hands with a sticky residue which is a plus. I think every one should have of this with them. It's keeps my hand from becoming dry when I was dishes, do laundry and when it's winter times as well. I love how I can take it anywhere with me.

Now normally I'm sensitive to scents from products I use but I got to say that this formula smells good and the scent isn't too strong.

Absorption
    It's absorbed fast after application.

It leaves my skin smooth and soft and prevents chapping and dryness as well. It starts working fast on my hands that I see a difference that same day. My hands look healthier even my nails look better since I started using this cream.

Hand Moisturizer.

Comments about Aveda Hand Relief:

It lives up to its expectancies as a deep treatment moisturizer. I recommend it for dry to moderately dry skin. The only thing is I've tried numerous other deep moisturizing lotions that did just as well if not better for much less of the cost. I can't come up with a reason why I would pick this over those, so if you're looking to save money and get a great lotion then this product most likely isn't going to be for you. If money isn't an issue then this should be right up your alley.

Nothing special. It's a very generic type smelling lotion so if you're not looking for something with a particularly memorable scent this would be your lotion. I personally prefer something a little more girly smelling.

Absorption
    Once the lotion actually absorbs, which in my previous experiences can take anywhere from five to ten minutes sometimes, it's very good. I don't like waiting quite so long for my lotion to absorb. I like to be able to apply on the run if I have to.