Other Travel Websites:
ASAPtickets.com

Summary

ASAPtickets.com offers cheap and highly discounted airfares at wholesale prices with more than 100 airlines to and from worldwide destinations.

ASAPtickets.com

Pros

Cons

• Features:
    • Customer Service:

Good experience with ASAP Tickets

We purchased 2 x Melbourne (Aus) to Rome return business class tickets with ASAP. We have since taken these flights (Dec 2011 and Jan 2012). We had no issues with the flights or service. Their price was several thousand less than other travel agents and websites. It took several weeks of email communication to finalise the flights and all communication was good. We asked them for quotes on other flights we were taking (e.g., Rome - Cairo and Cairo - Amman and Tel Aviv - Rome) and they couldn't beat the prices of other TA's or websites so we didn't book with ASAP for those flights. We found that the ASAP website provides quotes that does NOT include taxes or levies. This means the final quote will be higher based several factors (where you a flying, airline etc). In Australia, the price quoted must (by law) include ALL taxes and levies. Lastly, ASAP is not your local travel agent....so don't expect them to act like one. They can provide some very cheap flights, (but not always) so do your research and be prepared to put some effort in if you want to save some money.

To book a fare with ASAP you need to call or email them. It cannot be done via their website.

Features
Fantastic price!

Customer Service
We communicated with ASAP over several weeks to book the tickets and afterwards re issue of tickets etc. Our emails were responded to quickly in a professional manner, even after we had purchased the tickets and paid.

Doesn't Give enough Info for valid price compasiron on site

I found this web site while looking at another semi related site. It has the magic words "consolidator rates", so the potential for deep discounts caught my eye. I checked it out with a little dread. I had just bought a ticket to Japan and I was afraid that I would find a much less expensive rate than the one I had just paid. I typed in the travel information. Amazing rates did pop up at $200-500 less than I had paid. I wondered. Have they added in taxes and fees? Some web sites quote the prices before tax and fees are added, Clark Howard is an example.  That causes the price to look better than it actually is until they quote the final price. There was an asterix beside these prices and so, thinking of this tendancy, I followed down to the footnote. The price was subject to availability....well, that still didn't tell me about the tax. This site requires that you book by calling an 800 number. I'm williing to do that, so long as the talk with a real person does not turn into a bait and switch tactic. When they answered, I asked if the price quoted was a final price or not. They said that it was not. You had to call in if you wanted to get the entire price. Well, I stopped right there. Tax charges seem to vary a lot more than one would reasonably guess that they might, but still, most sites sites make it possible to get the entire price with a click or two rather than the same process as other sites plus a call. My vote for this site is "no". When they make it time consuming and complicated to get a full price quote there is usually a reason and that reason does not usually work to my benefit. There are too many sites competitively offering complete information to bother with this one.

Outstanding Firm

from Des Moines

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

Contacted ASAP/ITN Tickets requesting details & cost to Antananarivo Madagascar. Within 4 minutes Leslie had details & continued searching for the best fair. Less than 15 minutes, I choose the 1st pick & continued then I received email an email to fill out online & completed the entire process in less than 30 minutes. Agent stayed with me to completion. Outstanding Firm, best Prices of ANY!! Thanks ITN

Happy and Satisfied

from Scottsdale, AZ

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

I was almost frustrated looking for a low-priced and affordable ticket to go to Ghana. I got help from Hugo, a very courteous agent of ITN who has saved me time, money and got the transaction through seamlessly. I am grateful for his professionalism, patience, honesty, support and help. Now I can relax for my departure date to arrive and fly without any worries. I am happy and satisfied. Thank you!

I recommend it!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

I would like to give Patrick a 5 star for helping me finding the best deal fly to China. He was very patient, knowledgeable and professional. I will recommend others to use ASAP Tickets because the good service I received.

Extremely satisfied

from Bozeman, MT

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

I am very happy with the ticket / price that ITN found for me and will definitely check with them again when I am booking my airline tickets. Just an FYI.. The buying experience is different from what I am used too. It can take up 24 hours to get your airline confirmation. Nevertheless I was treated very well and I am extremely satisfied because I got the price even lower that I aimed for.

The best deals.

from Albuquerque

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

Have used ASAP for six international trips, same agent each time, absolutely no complaints. Will continue to use ASAP, both international and domestic, they find you the best deals.

Will use them in future!

from Northglenn

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

I have always used asap tickets for my international travel plans and they have never disappointed me! This is the 5th year that I'm using them and their customer service is excellent! They always go above and beyond their call of duty to satisfy my needs. I have no regrets and always recommend them to my friends! I'm glad for their services and I will continue using them in future!!

Cost me $443 more for my trip than if I booked myself

from Boston, MA

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

I have had a very frustrating experience. I found a cheaper fare for my trip than the agent did; he used the info I gave him to book my ticket. The fare dropped a significant amount in price. I called the airline directly to find out what the penalty would be if I cancelled and rescheduled. The airline said NO PENALTY but I had to cancel through ASAP. ASAP however is charging me $443, not to mention the $50 fee for booking in the first place. It is impossible to talk to someone in customer's service. I am very disappointed that using a travel agent cost me more than if I booked directly on the airlines website directly.

Very proffesional!

from New York

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

The effort to do your best was appreciated. Also the effort to make sure the customer understood what is involved was appreciated. The even tone of voice was reassuring.

Good service!

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

Very good service and helpful agent. I definitely recommend it!

Why have a website when you have to call to book anyway?

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about ASAPtickets.com:

Once we decided to go to Rome for our honeymoon, we wanted to find the best deal on airline tickets that we could since we know how expensive international flights can be. A google search brought up this site so we figured we'd take a look. The warning of "if it looks too good to be true it probably is" came to mind while using this site. There were advertised rates, but when you actually called the number (since you are required to "book with a travel agent" they prices were $200+ more expensive then anything listed on the site. The "travel agent" was also very pushy and somewhat rude. With all the easy to use and truthful sites that are out there (not to mention travel agents that you can meet in person who treat you kindly without a wait time) why would you ever actually book anything through this site?!

Sure, it is easy to search for a fare, but you have to call to get additional information or book it, so that takes any actual "ease" away.

Customer Service
You have to call in order to book these "deals" so you are forced to deal with customer service. On the site, it listed roundtrip available for $750 if I booked the deal now. When I called, first, I had to wait despite their claim that there were "over 500 agents available and ready now." After waiting, I was quoted prices at least $200 over what was listed online. They claim that "offers are changing constantly" and that is why that rate was no longer available. Maybe if i didn't have such a long wait time I could have gotten the posted rate. (although I don't believe I would have). The site just seems like a scam and my experience with the "travel agent" left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Features: