2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

Flush Stains Away

2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus bleach is a convenient way to help maintain the cleanliness of your toilet bowl. However I wonder if the name is accurate. How many customers have actually made a user log to see if the product works for the entire 2000 flushes. I seriously doubt that it does but I do purchase on occasion. One important thing to consider is that this product contains bleach and other highly toxic chemicals. This can be corrosive to your system as well as to a septic tank. You have to weigh what is more important a clean toilet bowl or possible damage caused by using a product like this.

The product does work yet you have to make sure that prior to using, your toilet bowl is nice and clean. You still have to scrub your toilet bowl to keep it clean. This cleaner is not a product that you drop in your toilet then think that now your toilet will be cleaned and no more work for you. It simply helps to keep your hard work last a bit longer. With the blue coloring of the water it is hard to notice any stains in your toilet bowl. Maybe that is why we think it's clean!

It has a bleach scent to it. Not overpowering and after a few flushes the scent is not that noticeable.

2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner - Beware!

I thought that the 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner was great (you put a packet of this product in the water at the bottom of your toilet tank, and it really did cut down on my cleaning time of our toilets) until we had a major problem.. The toilet tanks sounded like water was moving continually through the tanks, almost like a gurgling or hissing sound, even after the tank had refilled. Our water bill was outrageously high, too. We learned that this was because the water in the tank was slowly leaking into the toilet, rather than being released only when the toilet was flushed. So in effect, this was like having water running through the toilets 24/7. The problem: the red rubber stoppers at the bottom of the tanks were being eaten away by the bleach in this product, so the stoppers were made useless.

The other major problem is that if someone (i.e. husband and sons in your family) forgets to put the lid down, the bleach in the toilet water can be harmful to pets that might drink out of the toilet.

I wouldn't purchase this product again.

from Vancouver, BC

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Weak Function

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

I didn't know what to expect and this is my first time trying this product. I cleaned my toilet before adding the tablets as the directions read. The water in the toilet is hardly ever blue. It changes with each flush to a grey green to a pale blue to a brown green. I can get past the colour issue but the smell is awful. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced the same or similar smell but it smells like someone has been to the washroom with a bad stomach and bowel issues. I've read on some posts that it smells like bleach and I'd take the bleach smell over this. My next step will be to get some gloves and take the tablets out and dispose of them. 2000 Flushes was very disappointing.

Not worth it.

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

All this did years ago when I tried it was this: It made the water in the bowl a dark blue for maybe a day. It lost it's scent within a couple of days, and it stained the toilet tank. I don't think that blue ever went away inside that tank; at least it didn't while I lived there.

Flush Stains Away

from Saint Anne, IL

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

Made our toilet bowl bleed!

from Wisconsin

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

Not sure if I've ever rated anything a one before, but these 2000 flushes do not deserve a two. Several times after flushing, there would be lines or streaks of clotting blue, like our toilet was bleeding. Really, after several uses (after 400 flushes?) the color is more of an icky greenish blue that makes you wonder what was wrong with the person that used the toilet before you. And what is this with having to put in two discs or cleaning tablets or whatever you call them? Guess it would be no big deal if they'd actually kept our toilets clean, but they didn't. I have yet to find a cleaning device or tablet that you just set in your toilet and have it actually work. It's just a gimmick, and we humans are just lazy enough to try it. I also have to think this stuff is hard on the porcelain and the sewer system itself because it smells pretty toxic. 2000 Flushes really isn't worth the money.

Put on your gas mask before using. The bleach smell is very strong.

This is not a very good product!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

I bought this a long time ago thinking that it sounded like a great idea. It turned out that this particular brand does not work well at all. It doesn't dissolve properly. It does not work the way that it claims to. Each time you flush the water it will be a different shade of blue and sometimes not blue at all. That shows me that it does not distribute the tablet right. I've even read reviews of another person's toilet that was turning brown and yellow. You can definitely smell the bleach in this product. I really didn't like the way my bathroom smelled after using this. It is not a pleasant scent. I'm not even sure why this toilet bowl cleaner is still on the market. I know that I won't be buying this again. The cheap toilet bowl cleaners work better than this one. Please don't waste your money on this product!

This does not work as it claims it will. It does a horrible job of cleaning your toilet and does not work right.

The scent is not good. It's a gross bleach smell.

Helps In-between Cleanings

from Virginia

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

I have hard water and the well water leaves behind stains over time in my toilet so I picked up a pack of 2000 Flushes to see if it would help. Adding this product is simple and the first time I flushed the toilet the water immediately turned blue. The color was deeper blue after 3 flushes and it have the illusion of sparkling clean blue water, which I found appealing. Before I added this tablet I made sure to clean my toilet first. About a month went by and the dark blue water was now a light blue, and my toilet was without a nasty ring. Yes there was some cleaning I still had to do but it was no where near as dirty. I like how it keeps a blue sparkle to the water, which I'm itself gives off the appearance of being clean. I didn't expect this product to perform miracles, I knew at some point I would have to clean my toilet. 2000 Flushes helps with in-between cleanings, it has bleach in the tablet and with every flush keeps a cleaner constantly in the toilet. I like the blue water, and I have an idea when I need to add another cleaning tablet when the color starts to lighten up. It's help cut my toilet cleaning duties in half and that's definatly worth the few bucks I pay for this quality product.

2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner - Beware!

from Chesapeake, VA

Rotten product

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

The 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach is a horrible product. It does really keep your toilet bowl clean at all! The only thing it has going for it is that the bleach will keep it disinfected a bit, but it is extremely dangerous if your dog tries to drink out of the bowl, so it is not really worth it. It did nothing to help get rid of the ring around the bowl where the water level is, and it does not help prevent hard water stains from forming. I still had to scrub as much as I ever did to keep the toilet clean, and I cleaned it at least once a week! It was a waste of money.

This kind of smelled okay when I first got it, but now I cannot stand the smell at all. I bought it because I was pregnant and throwing up a lot, and the smell of the toilet bowl made me ill. Now the smell of this reminds me of throwing up and still makes me feel nauseated even though my baby is almost a year old now!

Stained my toilet and smells strong

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

I bought 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue Plus Bleach thinking it would help my toilet stay cleaner longer and ward off the nasty hard water stains that build up between cleanings. I was totally wrong. The blue dye in this product stained my toilet so bad that I now have blue streaks in my toilet that I can't fully get rid of. Additionally, the bleach smell is pretty strong. On the one hand, it lets you know its cleaning, but on the other hand it is really too strong and offensive. The rubber toilet mechanism in both our toilets broke while using this product. Our toilets were fairly new so there should have been no reason for them to break. Although I did not count the flushes, it seemed like this product dissolved rather quickly within a little over a month. We were a family of two people with very few house guests at the time too. So, it was not like we had a lot of bathroom traffic. I would recommend saving your money and just clean your toilet frequently and the old fashioned way.

Tried and true.

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Blue plus Bleach:

I have been using these toilet bowl tablets for years and they are the best out there, in my personal opinion. I have tried many of the other copy cats out there and there are just so many things that these have/do that put them ahead of the game for me. First of all, I like the fact that they contain bleach. This is essential to me because I can not stand the ring around the toilet at the water line and bleach is the only thing that takes care of this. Other toilet bowl tablets out there just make the water smell nice and I do not feel like they clean nearly as well. Secondly, I like that it turns the water blue. I know it sounds crazy, but it helps to know when it is doing it's job and when it is time to change it. Plus, I have three little boys who think it is awesome that their toilet water is blue, so that is a bonus. Lastly, I enjoy the smell. We have small bathrooms and it makes the whole bathroom smell nice. It isn't a chemical smell, just fresh. I would recommend these to anyone.