3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Not Horrid, Not Terrific

I have been a Kmart shopper for as long as I can remember. My parents shopped there when I was little. I do not like how their prices have gone up over the years. I understand everyone's prices have gone up, but I think Kmart's have gone up a little too much. They are a store on the same level as Walmart, but their prices are on the level of Macy's. I do ok with their clothes; prices are not too high, good fit, great quality. They have after holiday sales that are rather awesome. There is a program called shop your way rewards. You get one card, and its valid at Kmart, Sears, Lands End and a couple other stores that belong to the same parent company. You earn points for every dollar spent, online and in brick and mortar stores. There are goodies that come with it. I got surprised 3 times already this month with surprise points for being a loyal customer. Two separate times with 7000 points and one time with 5000 points. That was $19, free, which filled my kids' christmas stockings. Added note: I just got another 5000 points which means another $5 for free! It's definitely a website to keep on your list of sites to shop, you just need to be careful what you buy. The few groceries they have are overpriced, albeit convenient. Their personal care and pharmacy items are overpriced. The online customer service is ok. The website can be a little aggravating. I have had to change some information on my profile for Shop Your Way Rewards. After 4 times of me changing it, and it not saving, I had to contact online support. They did not respond very quick, but helped me out in the end, and were polite. Added note: I just got an order that I placed quite some time ago. It was late in being delivered. And the box was all sorts of smushed up. The order was for a bulk amount of toothpicks (gag gift). Damage wasn' all that much of a problem, but the fact that more than half were gone due to a hole in the box was a problem. Customer service was super nice and helpful; very apologetic about the issue and immediately made it right. So it was more a problem with the shipping company than with the store.

Meh, not so great

Not a fan. At all. What I like: One, the way things are itemized in a column on the homepage. If you're looking for something specific, you can easily scroll down and find the category you're looking for. Two, it's pretty clear what you pay for shipping; for example, you'll see if you spend $49 you get free shipping. Three, I can narrow my searches. Example: looking for a comforter I can click onto King-size, the brand, the style, etc. Four, I like the way they list all their reviews below product information.
Not to get confusing, but what is nice about the website can also be the problem with it. It's so busy. K-Mart just sells too many things. It's stimulation overload. You've got diapers or baby clothes on one side of the page and power drills on the other. I don't know if it was my computer or their website, but the last time I got on there, it took forEVER to load each page. I didn't have any issues with the other sites I was on that evening. The last I purchased through their website, I had a Dickens of a time entering my payment information, and when I needed help, I couldn't get it. I think I ended up getting my answer via email two days later. Their delivery ended up being slower than I had anticipated, too. Luckily I wasn't in a hurry. It doesn't help that I don't really like K-Mart products. They aren't of very high quality. It's important to me to be able to determine where the product was made, and I could not find that information when I was trying to order some kitchen products. Also, when I move my cursor over their pictures so I can enlarge the photo to get a closer look at the items, the picture is somewhat blurry and you don't get a very good look at the details.

Product Selection
Not enough American-made products, especially in the kitchen department. Everything comes from China.

Product Pricing
It's cheap quality. Should be priced even lower.

Customer Service
Turn around time for answering questions takes too long.

Shipping and Returns
You can return things by going directly to their store, but the whole purpose of ordering via online is to NOT have to go into the store in the first place.

good for basics

from New York, NY

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Kmart.com:

Kmart has a wide selection of basics and carries more than competitors in my opinion. They do have some items that cvs and rite aid do not carry; however, they are a larger store. The number 1 reason to use this website: Kmart has a feature on the website where you can shop and then pick it up on the store, which is great if you do not want to be wandering around the store looking for stuff. Kmart prices are very low compared to competitors as well. However, do not be fooled by the furniture or home goods that you see online at kmart. The furniture does not hold up like other knock down furniture does and it looks cheap from the moment it is set up. The home goods, such as lamp shades, also look cheap. Of course, they carry name brand basics like toasters, mirco-waves, bikes, etc. They have many departments and a wide selection.

Great sale prices.

from Florida

Comments about Kmart.com:

I live in an area where we don't have an actual Kmart store anymore, so any Kmart shopping that I do has to be done at Kmart .com.

This being said. I do really love the sale prices. I have a quickly growing toddler who seems to be in the next size every week, therfor I am always looking for ways to save money on her clothes. Kmart.com has helped with that.. They have really cute stuff that is durable and I can usually get pretty good prices on it.

The only downfall in that aspect is that they charge quite a bit for shipping if you don't order a larger order. So that is a bit of a bummer.

The only other complaint I have with Kmart.com is that there website is a little muddled. It tends to be a little hard to navigate and frustrating, especially if you are trying to access it via a mobile device.

All in all its a good place to shop and find some good deals.

Hard to navigate at times, listed products that they don't actually have in stock gets annoying.

Product Selection
Fair to good product selection.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Kmart.com:

I have used the Kmart web site several times for ordering different products. I have found the design of their web site to be easy to navigate, easy to understand and easy to follow. Most of their products are of good quality. I have occasionally found articles of clothing to be a really poor quality, but to be fair, it wasn't just with Kmart that I discovered this. I did find their shipping rates to be on the high side and sometimes the total shipping costs would end up being more than the cost of the products themselves. I ended up not gaining any savings. The high shipping costs is why I do very little online ordering with them lately. Another plus factor on the Kmart web site is their rewards program. I like how I can follow my savings online to keep track of my rewards. I think the rewards program offsets the high cost of shipping. I have never had to return a product so I am unable to offer my thoughts on how that experience might have been.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great Prices and products!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Kmart.com:

Kmart is a staple within our family, and has been for many years. I like the online store because you get to see a lot more, than what you see in store. I love that they have a wide variety of products to choose from at decent prices.

I really do not like the actual website, as it is very difficult to navigate. Sometime the pages will not load or some of the products on page 1 is the same on several pages, which is very annoying sometimes.

Product Selection
Great product selection in various styles and colors.

Product Pricing
They always offer great prices and special deals several times throughout the year and especially during the holidays/

Customer Service
They also have a great online customer service department and they are very helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for their customers.

Shipping and Returns
Their shipping and returns department is a little slow, I don't like that very much, however they do have great shipping costs, which balances everything out for you.

I shipped my pants.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Kmart.com:

I don't shop Kmart.com as much as I do some of the other online stores but I use them exclusively for the jeans that I personally like to wear. I have always bought this one particular brand and cut of jeans the I had always found only at Kmart locally, now I get them online and I love the convenience. With Kmart.com the items are easily found and ordered. You can ship products to the store for pick up or have items shipped to your home address as I do. I have noticed the site is sometimes very slow to load and fails to load sometimes, but this is negligible in most cases. when I search for items at Kmart.com they're easy to locate without a lot of suggestion of products I don't want to see. They offer many fair and honest reviews for each product you view, without the harsh hard sell of items similar to what you searched for, just because I look at pants doesn't mean I want an entire wardrobe. Other sites could learn from Kmart.com on this practice. I am the type to shop for what I need without second guessing and buying extra frills.

I love this store!

from TN

Comments about Kmart.com:

I have always loved shopping at Kmart, but the store is an hour away from where I live, so the website is perfect for me. I have great experiences using the online website. I find really great deals on clothing for my two year daughter and for myself. Clothes are definitely what I use the kmart website for the most. I am always browsing through their toddler clothes. I love that they have some name brand clothing and they are affordable. The clothes are always great quality and look really good. The website itself is super easy to use. You can go to a specific section so it is easier to find what you are looking for. Another thing I have used the site for is toys. I have been in store to several stores before and they be sold out of a certain toy I wanted to purchase for my daughter, and came home and found it on the website. That is awesome! Shipping prices are reasonable and everything I have ordered has always been delivered within a short amount of time. I would definitely recommend this website to others who want to shop at Kmart but are to far from one or to anyone who just likes to shop from home.

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Kmart.com:

Kmart.com website is not user friendly in my opinion. The actual website looks messy and unorganized. A lot of the products that are sold on Kmart.com website are sold by other companies and not Kmart.com.

The pricing of the products are overpriced and can be found much cheaper elsewhere. The selection of products on Kmart.com website is less than I had expected. The sizing of the products are few and there aren't many options available in assorted sizing.

If you ever purchase anything from Kmart.com make sure to keep your recipient and return your product within 30 days of purchase date. I made the mistake of trying to return something after the 30 day period and was unable to return my items. Kmart.com website return policy is very firm. I went to Kmart store to make the return and customer service rep would not even let me do a even exchange. So I was stuck with a product I did not want.

Shopping Kmart .com

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about Kmart.com:

Kmart .com's website seems very limited to me. The availability is not the best and the selection is not that great at all. What I do like about shopping on Kmart .com is the free site to store shipping. I can select and pay online then pick up my purchase at the store. They often have clearance blowouts which is a good thing to me. But I don't like the fact that an item can be sold out but the website doesn't reflect it as such and it will let me select an item and have it in my cart but when I get to the checkout page to pay it will say that my item is no longer available and that makes me feel like I could have selected something else in that time frame. It makes me feel like I have wasted time.

The ease of use is okay. Kmart .com only has a few tools on their website that helps you shop but navigating the site as a whole is easy.

Product Selection
The product selection is not that good to me personally.

Product Pricing
The pricing is pretty good. Kmart .com also rewards me with points to my account when I make purchases that accumulate and saves me money on future purchases.

Customer Service
I have to give Kmart .com's customer service a high mark because I have always had very knowledgeable and polite representatives assist me.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping and returns is awesome on both accounts.

Shop your way....or not.

Comments about Kmart.com:

I don't usually shop online however when I do or when I chance upon a great sale or just wish to check if my local store carries a product i want my experience to be easy a enjoyable. This is why Kmart.com is not my cup of tea. The site, like the store, seems dated and unkempt. I have tried several times to check my shop your way reward points however the site does not update as it should, I have to wait what seems like days before they finally get around to updating. I find it do much easier to call in and find out what I need because the site is not reliable. i have had several occasions where I check the online inventory of my local Kmart to see if they have an item in stock and then finding that the site shows that they do I drive down to my Kmart only to find out that the item is either out of stock, has been out of stock for weeks or even not sold in the store at all. It also seems that Kmart.com is an entire different entity than the store or the 1-800 number as neither seems to know anything about the site itself. Altogether I find the site to lack what all of it's competitors have; common sense, and a good I.T department. I wouldn't offer up this site to someone who wanted to do any good shopping.

Pretty decent website overall

Comments about Kmart.com:

Kmart.com is a pretty good website overall. They are a lot like the Sears.com website in a way that you cannot really get away from the ads that they are trying to push it on you on the front page of the site. The site offers a lot of selection on some items such as clothing and shoes, but not so much with other items such as pet supplies and sporting goods. Their prices are comparable with kmart physical stores as well as other similar stores. There are definitely more options on the kmart.com website and then there are in the stores though. I really like that you can learn shop your way rewards while shopping online, and I saved a lot of money with the site to store pick up option.

Pretty easy to navigate through. I am not however so impressed with their checkout process.

Product Selection
There are a lot more products on their website then they have in their stores which makes it convenient for people like me who want to shop online.

Product Pricing
Comparable to similar stores.

Great customer service

Shipping and Returns
Site to store pickup option is very handy and saves a lot of money.