Other Strollers:

inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller

Pros

Cons

InStep - Safari Swivel Wheel Jogging Stroller great for exercise

I recently purchased the InStep - Safari Swivel Wheel Jogging Stroller and have been SO pleased with it!  I am a new "runner" and this stroller has made my plunge into the running world SO extremely pleasant and satisfying for both myself and my daughter (3 yrs old). It is a bit heavy (32 lbs) to lift in and out of my SUV, but it's such a great durable quality that I don't mind that aspect of it.  It folds up pretty small and quickly with easy pull/push buttons on the side and locks closed which is very helpful.  I love the retractable 5-position sunshade that I can easily move to block my daughter from most of the UV rays while out jogging and it's extremely comfortable for her to sit in for 1-2 hours at a time! The buckle straps are easy to buckle and very comfortable for wearing as well!   It's great having the double cup holders for both my daughter and myself, especially when we go out jogging as a family.  They designed a GREAT storage basket underneath as well!  One of my favorite aspects of the jogging stroller is the fact that I can lock the swivel wheel on the front when I'm jogging to make it simpler to push!  This stroller is SO EASY to push sometimes I barely feel like I'm pushing anything which has been a huge relief for me as a new runner. They designed the foot portion well also with plenty of room so you don't kick the storage basket or base of the stroller at anytime and the handle is MUCH HIGHER up than many strollers which helps with running as well & comes with a great rubberized grip to give better comfort and control when jogging/walking.  The large, high-performance tires offer a very smooth ride on most of any type of terrain. All three wheels are designed to be removed quickly with just a simple snap! The front tire is 12" and the two rear tires are each 16" with great rims.  It is compatible with most infant car seats as well.

I don't like the way they designed the pull-tab option on the seat to go up and down if your child wants to recline as it's tough to "tighten" the seat hard enough to keep her from reclining sometimes. We did experience a problem at the beginning with the front wheel wobbling when un-locked but with a quick call to the manufacturer, they walked me through a few quick steps to resolve the issue and it was fixed within a matter of minutes!

Overall though I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this jogging stroller for any active parent or someone just wanting to get into running/exercise! It is so easy to assemble and stores well!

Front wheel wobbles when I run

I am reviewing this as a running stroller. I run with it 25-25 miles a week. I have had babies from 1-5 years ride in it. I absolutely LOVED IT... then one day, the front wheel started wobbling when I would run. If I locked it, it would not wobble, but it's super hard to turn when it's locked. I love the cup holder, storage pouches, large road tires. I have put hundreds of miles on this stroller...I even have the double version! I wish they would fix the wobbly frint wheel. It would be PERFECT!

Lots of storage space. I love the cup holder on the child tray.

Safety
Has an adjustable 5 point harness that lowers and raises with ease.

Child Comfort
Reclines easily. My oldest child always wanted to sit straight up, and this seat didn't go as straight as he would've liked. He ended up holding himself forward on the tray.

Maneuverability
Turns easily with one hand when fron swivel wheel is not locked.

I received this stroller as a gift 7 years ago with my first child!! I STILL use it with child #3, and it has been wonderful. Pleeeeease fix the wobbly wheel!!

Helped me get fit after baby!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

I wouldn't recommend using any jogging stroller before 6 months of age because jogging strollers do not offer much head support for young babies but after the 6 month mark you're probably sleeping more and adjusted to a new baby and ready to run! I owned this instep safari jogging stroller from the time my son was 6 months old until the time that he outgrew it. It was a key component in helping me lose the baby weight because my son loved going faster then a typical stroller ride, he would kick back and just enjoy our three times weekly jog to the park. It always seemed to be a very comfortable and very safe ride for him which was crucial!
This stroller was also easy to push. It's very lightweight and flows with my running rhythm very well. It was also very stable even on slightly bumpier roads in the neighborhood. I also loved all the storage components which made it easy to carry snacks for my son and water and my phone for me.
I would highly recommend the instep safari jogging stroller to all new moms trying to get in shape again! It's a great way to enjoy nature and time with your new addition!

Front wheel wobbles when I run

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

Lots of storage space. I love the cup holder on the child tray.

Safety
Has an adjustable 5 point harness that lowers and raises with ease.

Maneuverability
Turns easily with one hand when fron swivel wheel is not locked.

• Maneuverability:

The inStep is in step with every move I make.

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

I work for a business that supplies rental baby equipment to people on vacation. This Jogging stroller is our number one choice for beach strollers. The tough tires glide through the sand on the beach when the front wheel is locked. Unlock the front wheel, and you can glide around town. I love the maneuverability this stroller has, as well as the turn radius. It's lightweight and easy for anyone to use!

The back of the Jogger can either lay back or sit up straight to keep my wiggly toddler comfortable. She can sit up while we walk to the beach, and after a long day, I can lay the seat back and she can take a nap underneath the large canopy.

The best part about this Jogger is that it is so easily to clean. A clean cloth and disinfecting spray, and it's clean. For the sandy tires, I can easily hose them off.

This is the perfect Jogging stroller for anyone that takes their child with them where ever they go.

Maneuverability
Takes tight turns, and easy to push with just one hand.

jogging stroller

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

I had a love hate thing going on with this jogging stroller. It was an amazing stroller for jogging or walking such a smooth ride for baby. It has great storage and cup holder that is a must have for me. It was very roomy for my lil guy. What I didn't like is how big and heavy it was. I am someone who keeps the stroller in the car all the time. It took up my entire trunk I couldn't ever fit anything else in with it. It was also very tall for me im average height and I still felt the handle was too high.

• Maneuverability:

Great all around jogging stroller..

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

Love this stroller very durable and rides smooth.. Goes over all kinds of rough surfaces.. Great for hiking

Love the front moveable wheel... This stroller has great features like the parent tray on the handle for cup and keys. The try for the baby is great and opens up easy.

Safety
The harness is really great and safe for even small babies. Lots of room in the seat area for toddlers and the harness fits great on both big and small babies. The latches are all great and secure yet easy to use.

Child Comfort
My son loves this stroller.. Has been us ing this one since he was born. Nice padded seat . Great movable sun visor. Has great tray on the front for babies snacks and cup or bottle.

Maneuverability
Moves very easily around tight corners. Great to go hiking with. Goes over all kinds of rough surfaces easily. The front movable wheel makes it easy to turn in tight places. Goes over gravel wonderful and smooth. So smooth it won't wake a baby.

Very durable.i have 6 kids and it gets pushed by all of them. Never have had anything break or loosen.

• Maneuverability:

Best investment we ever made!

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

From birth to now 4 years old, still holding strong with minimal damage from extensive use and abuse. Took it on an uphill mountainous trail with no problems! At times we were pushing it with one hand over the ragged rocks, all the while a 38 pound toddler on board!

The three tire design makes it easy to maneuver anywhere! Sharp corners are a breeze. It's easy to fold and the design makes it small enough to store in tight spots.

Safety
I have had no problems safety wise. The brakes are rock solid even after the years of wear and tear. The safety string attached that is used when running or jogging is assay to use and does its job by keeping you in control.

Child Comfort
We purchased the infant seat that attaches to the stroller, best stroller I've-ever owned. Three kids later I would not purchase anything else. The straps are adjustable and click to lock.

Maneuverability
Sharp turns, corners and rocky or sandy -this stroller rarely to never gets stuck. Moves well on any surface.

We have not replaced the tires since purchasing. We have however used the fix a flat due to a nail, that was over two years ago and the tire is still holding! We air up the tires every once in awhile like you would a soccer ball or bike tire. The material from which it was made is holding up amazing considering how much we use it and how much we have left it out in the sun, rain and snow! It even grew cobwebs during one of the bad sandstorms we had BUT it cleaned up beautifully with an outside Waterhouse and a little bit of dawn.

• Maneuverability:

A well crafted jogging stroller

from Spring, TX

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

I did a lot of research into the jogging strollers because they are so expensive and I settled on this one.  What I liked about it was that it had 2 comfortable seats that lowered and had the 5 pt. harness.  I liked the storage capability at the bottom and the sunshade.  My favorite part of it was the front swivel wheel.  What I had read about a lot of jogging strollers was that they were hard to manueuver because the front wheel was stationary so the swivel wheel was a must.  What I found I didn't like about this was that the sun shade wasn't long enough so the sun still got in their eyes, I bought an extension cover for it.  It also didn't come with any storage on the handle for keys, cups, etc. so I bought an extra piece for that as well.  Once I had those things it worked great!  My only other concern was with how heavy it is.  It's extremely heavy, although easy to close, it's just heavy and bulky and will take up an entire trunk for a compact car.

It needs a longer sun shade and it's quite heavy.

Maneuverability
I liked that it had a swivel wheel for easy steering.

Love my InSTEP stroller.

from Whitehouse, TX

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

I LOVE my InSTEP stroller. Before purchasing I researched several different strollers and this one met both my price range and the quality I was looking for. Love the color the quality and the option to let the wheel swivel or stay straight. The stroller comes with a carrier for your car seat so before your baby is big enough to sit in the stroller, you can begin using it. There are a few downsides to this product but nothing I couldn't deal with. One issue, when the wheel swivels and it can shake if you are moving at a fast pace. I'm more of a walker than a runner so this issue hasn't affected me. Two, the shade doesn't do much good but this could be for all strollers (this is just the only one I have used). Three, the strap seems a little ackward over the shoulder and between the legs but works fine. To me, this are all minor issues. My child is secure and safe and the stroller does the job I wanted it to.

Safety
Harness could be a little better but it's still safe.

• Maneuverability:

The InStep Safari is an excellent stroller!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

I was planning to purchase the "all-in-one" travel systems, but when seeing them at the store I decided they were much too bulky. When family members recommended that we get a jogging stroller (and wanted to buy it for us), we began hunting around. The InStep Safari seemed to get extremely good reviews for a decent price. So far, it has not let us down. It was very easy to assemble and came with the adapter bar for adding a car seat - which is the only way we've used it so far. It is compatible with most brand of infant carrier. We love the larger rear wheels which are extremely smooth on even the bumpiest of surfaces. The front wheel can be locked (for running) or unlocked to allow it to swivel (great for shopping or walking). The seat includes a canopy with a viewing window on the top so you can see baby if you want. There is also plenty of storage for all your items. The adjustable handlebars are a plus too.

There are two small annoyances: As I've read in other reviews in the past, the front wheel does wobble a bit on ours when unlocked (even when walking), but I believe there is a way to tighten it a bit more to stop it. Also, the cup holders are a bit too shallow for some items.

Overall a really great stroller for the price - and I love the colors! We get a lot of compliments.

InSTEP Safari Jogging Stroller: Terrific Option for Busy Parents

from Glen Ellyn, IL

Comments about inStep 2008 Safari Jogging Stroller:

We purchase this jogging stroller almost 2-years ago and then AGAIN within the last 6-months. The only reason for the replacement is due to a momentary driving-error from a distracted mom while backing out of the garage! We did not hesitate to purchase the SAME stroller the second time around because we have found this to be an exceptional stroller & low-cost option for our family.

The stroller navigates wonderfully. My husband runs on a local prairie path with our toddler son. I use the stroller for errands around time, walks around the neighborhood and even inside at Children's Museums, stores/malls, etc. The adjustable handlebar is a must for myself (5'6") and my husband (6'2") to both operate comfortably. My husband looks sympthetically to other dads who appear to be almost doubled-up as the push their little ones in too-short strollers. The 'shock absorbing' coils which were not present on our first InSTEP Jogging Stroller but appeared as an advanced feature on our newly purchase stroller, make a big difference in the comfort of our son's ride.

A great stroller. A reasonable price. Highly recommend.