Other Elliptical Machines:
Elliptical Machine

Elliptical Machine

No impact...high fitness!!

As a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) elliptical trainers are well worth their cost considering what they provide in return. They can provide a no impact, highly aerobic exercise session while training both your upper body and lower body at the same time. Everybody thinks they have to run to get in shape, but for many, that is just simply not practical. The wear and tear on the knees and lower back, especially when you are carrying around too much extra weight, is just not smart. These trainers can allow for different types of training sessions, depending on the program you use and varying degrees of difficulty, depending on where you set the level, that just can not be replicated outside running. Take my advice. If you want to start shedding the holiday weight and extra baggage you've accumulated, an elliptical machine is the way to go.

a lot more challenging than it looks

In the past months I began an exercise program to improve my health.  Where I exercised I had a choice of a treadmill, recumbent bike and an elliptical machine.  I tried all three.  The treadmill was comfortable to use because I could pace myself as I needed to.  The bike was comfortable because of the back support and allowed a non-impact workout that I preferred.  After a few months, I decided to try the elliptical, with the guidance of a training.  I did not expect it to be effortless, however, I found that between my body structure and the structure of the machine, I always felt off-balance and not in control at all.  I soon opted to move back to the other machines.

Great Fat Burner

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

I love using elliptical machines! They constantly keep you in motion while working your legs and your arms. It's perfect for anyone who wants to have the same benefits of taking a nice walk or having a nice jog while being in the comfort of your own home. It's relaxing to use and you can easily just exercise while watching TV and have fun! Elliptical machines really help me lose weight and I can't imagine life without one. Depending on which model you buy, the comfort level is different. I generally prefer ones with lots of room to move while being easy on my feet and hands. The machines generally have settings that help vary your workout so that you never feel bored while exercising!

Works very well to help you burn off that fat! The machines have many settings to get the best workout for you.

Comfort
The machines are very comfortable to use and you don't strain yourself. There is enough space for you to move around while burning fat.

The machines are very easy to learn how to use and everything is self-explanatory.

The machines last very well and works in tip top speed without any damage after a while!

All elliptical machines look the same to me honestly haha. I love the sophisticated and sleek designs they all have in common though!

• Comfort:

Elliptical Machine my recommendation

from Everett, WA

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

This is a fantasic probaly the best calorie buster aerobic machine I've used. If you are new at physical exercise, I do NOT recommend you do this machine first. This machine took me about 6 months, of riding the bike 1st everyday. By every day I mean six to seven times a week. The bike I started off on level one. Bareley making it to an hour. When I got to level six, I tried the Elliptical Machine. Even after being in fairly good shape (at this point) I had to start slow, (which I hated). By slow I mean about 10 minutes on the lowest incline and level. I moved up rather fast though. In about a week, I was back to an hour of a very intense workout! I am a competitior to the core. Even if it's just myself, I can drive myself nuts! I love to compete with people next to me (they don't know I'm looking at their speed, calories, RPM, miles, and time. It is the best inspiration for me to kick my own butt. It's really hard not to shout out for joy when I've beat one of the fittest people in the gym. Everytime I try to take more steps than the time before, I'm obsessed with how many calories and steps I take. Sometimes I think this machine is going to be the death of me. Though you really need to remember to watch your heart beat, which the machine will read for yu. I tend to hold my breath, so remember to breath. This is something I'm always trying to concentrate on. With the Elipitic machine I burn about double the calores in a workout session than I do when I ride the bike, for the same length of time. I love the one's that show how many steps per minute and how many calories per minute. I also like that you can look anytime to see how many calories you've burned. But let me tell you nothing feels better then passing my top score, which I make a log of each time, by the way I'm currently at 12,240 steps, my best yet! I also like that you can change the inclines, time, intensity, choose from several settings, or just mix it up on your own. All of that without having to start over....UGH! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that you can go backwards, and work different muscles. I love to do this machine on leg day. I do suggest you bring music, or a something to read. An hour can feel like 2 weeks, if you have nothing to do but stare at the clock. Which I recommend you try very hard not to do. So, that's how I feel about it. You'r turn:) Also I don't have one at home, nor would I buy one for home. I feel the one's at the gym are more hearty, and you don't need to think about storage. Not an issue. Also it's a great "me" time. Budmegmat

It's a great workout! A must try :) Though you really should be in great cardio shape for this one. You might want to work up to it.

Comfort
It's about as comfortable as these machines get. So exactly what you would expect. Were at the gym to sweat, not be comfortable.

It's a good work out. It's easy to use. Though I suggest you build up to this machine, it's tough, I'd start with the bike or treadmill to ease into this one. Just my suggestion.

So far, the gym I go to the durability has been excellent. I don't own one myself, so I can only judge by the one my gym has

If you were to buy this for home, you have more options. Such as if you'r shorter they have these machines tailored just for us

• Comfort:

all around teamster

from Spring Branch, TX

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

After trying the stationery bike, treadmill, and eliptical trainer, I feel the eliptical can be used by anyone,  especially those with bad knees, heel spurs, breathing problems, etc.  This piece of equipment allows a low-impact, yet very satisfying workout.

Ellipticals are GREAT!!

from Brookshire, TX

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

I prefer an elliptical machine over others such as treadmills and stairmasters or upright exercise bike because the pedals go around & around like a bicycle but they don't hurt my fanny like the upright bike, the impact is virtually low to nonexistant since it's a round & round motion unlike the stairmasters which just go up & down and makes it hard on the knees. The treadmill is good for walking or jogging but for those such as myself w/bad knees, the impact is similar to that of a stairmaster machine. The ellipticals also allow me to run the pedals backward to work other muscles. You cannot do this w/exercise bikes, stairmasters or treadmills. They also have different programs available which the stairmaster has on most machines BUT I can go at my own pace unlike the treadmill or stairmaster. The elliptical also promotes good balance or improves balance & posture since I have to balance on the pedals since they are 'freemoving'. I just prefer the elliptical over a treadmill or stairmaster any day. I'm so glad these machines were invented. Once you try one, you probably wouldn't want to use anything else, my recommendation is to use or purchase those with stationary handles though because those w/handles that move w/the pedals don't offer a smooth ride & can throw a person off balance plus there isn't anything stationary to hold onto while getting on/off the machine except maybe the control board.

Best machine to use for arthritis sufferers; no jarring joints.

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

Ellipticals are the machine to use to get your heart rate up, work out flabby legs and thighs, is low impact, therefore easy on the joints and a very easy machine to use.  You choose your course, easy or more difficult, put on a pair of earphones and forget you're actually exercising.  By far, the best machine out of a menagerie of machines to choose from.

A good way to exercise while multi-tasking-read, watch TV, etc.

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

The Elyptical Exerciser is a great way to burn calories while doing other things.  I enjoy reading the paper and magazines while working up a sweat on the Elyptical Exerciser.  If a good sporting event in on TV I sometimes watch the game while exercising, then read during commercials.

great workout without the pain of treadmill

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

I love the elliptical. It is a great workout  without all the pain of the treadmill. Because your feet never leave the surface of the elliptical the impact on your knees is minimal. Great for variation in resistance and routines as you can change the incline as well as the resistance on the machine. Your can very your workout each day for maximum effects. You can do both cardiovascular and resistance training on one machine.

a lot more challenging than it looks

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

Exercise that's a step above

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

The elliptical machine combines the benefits of a treadmill and a bicycle. It also provides an alternative to outside exercise when the weather is uncooperative. Especially beneficial to me is the lessened impact on the knees.  At 52 I can sometimes feel the effects of a ten mile walk so I alternate with the elliptical machine and I don't have to miss a day of exercise.

Best for under 50 years of age

from Vinton, IA

Comments about Elliptical Machine:

My elliptical is great but I think at my age (52) a treadmill is better.  I don't want to run.  I just want to walk at a fair pace.  The elliptical is such a great workout but raises my hearbeat too much too quickly.  I am a regular exerciser, believe it is just the "age thing".  So for 50 and under go for the elliptical, no wear and tear on your knees and a super workout.