4.8

Cons

Not a Fan

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

I had the Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer for a while to use with my personal training clients, but soon traded it in for a better model. The range of motion is quite limited both for the legs and arms. First of all, the arm bars don't move at all. This created several problems for me. I could not get my heart rate up into the desired range without using my arms. However, if I tried pumping my arms along with my feet, I would lose my balance and fall off of the machine, as the base of support was not large enough.
Secondly, concerning the legs, the range of motion is also too small. When I set the incline to the upper limit, my knees were coming too close to my body, and I am not a very tall person.
The machine was not comfortable at all. When I went fast, it tended to rock side to side, which made me feel unstable and unable to maintain my speed. Going backwards was a bit awkward as well.
Overall, this machine is not able to functionally deliver a good workout.

Not stable or comfortable

Easy to program, you must be in motion to activate the controls

• Comfort:

Pretty good workout, just missing one thing

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

This machine does give you a good workout. The only thing it is missing is the handles you can use to pump your arms while your legs are going. I wish it had that. Other than that I do like it. The workout is easy on my knees, they are not sore afterwards or event he next day.

The machine works great. You can definitely feel the workout in your legs and backside. I wish it had the handle bars that you can use to pump your arms while you are doing the workout. I received this machine from a friend. If I had to go out and buy one I would probably get one with the handle bars.

Comfort
It is comfortable to use. You can definitely feel the burn when you go fast and you feel a little more resistance.

It is super easy to use. Not only is it easy to do your workout, but the digital part is easy to use. All you do is turn it on and set the time of your workout.

The machine is very durable.

The design is nice. It is a little bigger than I would like it but that's ok.

• Comfort:

Great quality brand of workout equipment

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

I find that Precor seems to be the brand of choice at most gyms I attend, which is probably why I have such a high opinion. Brand new equipment is of course going to perform better than old, warn down ellipticals. However, Precor seems to last longer than comparable brands I've tried. I like how smooth of an exercise I get, and I like the location of the buttons on the display. Nothing seems too difficult to use or to find on this elliptical. Should I buy an elliptical for personal use, I will most likely purchase a Precor.

Comfort
Some ellipticals are difficult to use and awkward in nature. I find Precor ellipticals to be incredibly comfortable.

This is very easy to use. While the display may seem intimidating at first, just start moving and things will completely make sense. Choosing resistance or incline is very easy.

Most all ellipticals are designed similarly, however I find it is easy to spot a Precor in a gym due to the curvature of the handles (if there are any).

Great cross trainer

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

For the past 10 years I have been in the main exercise equipment purchaser at three gyms in my vicinity, and have seen a lot of elliptical trainers come and go. The precor elliptical cross trainer machine is great! The machine is a great design for single person use but can also be used in a gym type setting which is perfect for what we needed. The petals are great and fit any size feet. Great for whole body training and great cross training workout. This machine is very durable and sees a lot of use at the gyms. The handles being stationary offer A lot of support for the user as they work out. The multiple settings for resistance and incline of the ramp are great because you can use it as a beginner, or an expert. The larger cup holder is great because in a gym setting many people have larger and different size and shapes of water bottles. The ramp is sturdy and glides nice and smooth, and there are 400 possible Settings which provides a wonderful workout that can be customized for every user at the gym. We get a lot of compliments on this machine. It doesn't take up a lot of square footage in the gym, so we are able to get a few of them in there, and the customers at the gym really like them. It also happens to be one of my favorite machines to use when I am at the gym.

Gym Quality

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

I am very satisfied with my experience with my Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer. The elliptical is designed for home use but is very sturdy and seems to be gym quality. Due to the high quality construction, comes with a downfall of being extremely heavy and hard to move. If you have the option of delivery and in-home setup, I highly recommend this. It does take up a lot of space, would be best in an extra bedroom or a basement.

I have not had any issues with the performance of my elliptical, I am very happy with it.

This elliptical machine is great for someone of any age. There is nothing complicated about the informational board.

Due to the professional grade production of this product, it was made to last and for daily usage.

I love the professional look and sleek design of this Precor Elliptical. I do however wish the design was a bit smaller and took up less space.

Great No Impact Run Alternative

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

I love the Precor Elliptical with the stationary hand rests. I really don't like working out on the models with arms that move because the movement gets jerky, and I want a smooth 'run'. I use this machine in the gym as a no-impact alternative to running for my off days or when nursing an injury. Once you get used to the machine you'll find yourself swinging your arms as you would when you run, which is exactly what I want.

The machine has a console which tracks your calories burned, time, distance and speed, and has rests for a magazine, water bottle and music device. There are pre-programmed workouts or you can set it manual and change things like speed and elevation as you go, as you'd like.

This is a large and bulky machine with no option to fold up, unlike many marketed to people for home gyms, but I truly like the workout on this better than any other elliptical I have tried.

Favorite Elliptical to use

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

This Elliptical is very easy to use for people of all fitness levels. Because there are no moving arms, it is very easy and fairly safe for anyone to step onto the machine. Also, there are multiple exercise programs to choose from so this machine makes it easy for anyone to get started. For beginners, you can use the manual setting. For more advanced exercisers, there are hill programs, fat burning programs, and cardio programs. Also, it is very easy to vary your workout by changing the incline and also by changing the direction that you are pedaling in. This allows you to work different muscles, allowing you to more effectively burn calories while strengthening. Lastly, the Elliptical is low impact versus a treadmill and is a good way to get an excellent cardio workout without injuring your joints.

Comfort
The pedals are vey smooth so you do not need to push hard to move them. Also, there is very little friction so there is no catching and ratcheting while you exercise.

Good machine

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

I enjoy using this elliptical machine because it is sturdy, glides nicely and has a lot of programs from which to choose. I like that the handles don't move because they are easier to hold. The pedals easily fit my feet and my feet don't slip because the pedal has a grip. I like the programs because I like mixing up my workout between intervals and hills, which are both on here. I like it also because you can quickly select the time and program and get started faster. The machine has a comfortable glide that doesn't wobble when I go fast.

The programs are easy to scroll through with quick visuals of what they are. I like how you can get started quickly. The pedals are easy to start moving and don't require a big push.

I feel safe on this machine even when going fast. It feels sturdy and is easy to wipe down.

The design is nice because it's not bulky and I like having a little place for my keys and phone.

Best work out ever

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

This is the best elliptical to use. At first I was intimidated by this machine.  I could not figure out how to climb up and use it.  Plus getting off is tricky too.  But I have since mastered that and love using it.  I use it for three hours a day six days a week.  First I started with a 30 minute workout and saw how easy it was to work up a good sweat.  Then I increased it to 60 minutes per session.  I read that you should step off for every 20 minutes you are on to help with your speed.  I am now following that great advice.  I would get off and have a drink of water.   I enjoy watching shows on the iPad or watching music videos.  I find that the more intense the show the better the workout.  This machine is easy on the legs.  I feel fine when I am done.  I like the results that I am seeing.  You burn so many calories while using this.  I find it to be a fun way of exercising.   I am never bored of this machine.  I have toned legs and firm hips like a figure skater.  My whole family enjoys this machine.

• Comfort:

I love it, love it, love it.

Comments about Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer:

Although I do not have many other ellipticals to compare it to, the Precor Elliptical Cross Trainer is my absolute favorite. I have used a different kind at the gym that I recall didn't hold a candle to this machine. I am a naturally thin person (it's a blessing and a curse!) so I use it much less for a cardio workout, and more for strength training and toning. This is great, because it has 20 settings and multiple choices within; you can change resistance and incline, and it even has options for focusing on your arms and chest. One of the coolest features is the heart rate monitor, where if you put your hands on the screen, it tells you your heart rate. This is especially helpful for myself, not wanting to get my heart rate too high.

Comfort
It's comfortable enough that it actually serves as a workout machine instead of an eye-sore or a laundry catch-all. We all know what I'm talking about here!

There are so many different settings! I personally do not need this many options, so quite frankly, it took me a little while to get used to. Not long though! It has a cup holder (a necessity in my opinion), a place to plug in an mp3 or your phone (not technically necessary to have, but it's probably my very favorite part!), and it gives a hard workout in a very short amount of time if you want it too. I personally don't go all out like this, I actually find it quite relaxing.

So far, so good! I have only had mine for a year (which was passed on from a friend when she bought a different piece of equipment), and she had it before that about a year and used it almost every day for an hour. It still runs like new!

I only give a 9 here because there are more expensive, more luxurious ellipticals out there, but this one is perfect to suit my needs and then some!