Other Elliptical Machines:

Life Fitness Cross-Trainer

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

This Lifefitness Eliptical will keep your heart racing!

I have had the Life Fitness CT9500 HR Cross Trainer for seveal years and highly recommend it.  I originally purhcased it because I was having lower back problems and I was told that the eliptical would help, which it has.

I used most of the higher end Elipticals at the gym and found the I liked the Life Fitness versions the best. I know many other people prefer the Precor Elipticals but I find the motion of the Life Fitness more to my liking.

I have probably spent a good 100 hours on the machine and it has never missed a beat.  My only complaint is that there is one plastic piece that gets loose that makes a noise.  I hit it with my knee and it stops, so no big deal.

Life Fitness CT9500HRR Cross Trainer

I purchased this Life Fitness CT9500HRR Cross Trainer after I had used another form of exercise equipment as the next step in exercising with as little effort as possible. I found it was fairly easy to assemble the parts because most of it was already assembled. What I liked best about this piece of exercise equipment was that it combined the cross training movements with walking movements and made it all move smoothly. It is a very sturdy machine, easy to step onto, easy to hold the handles, easy to use overall. I like the screen. It is easy to read and use. I like the combined motion of up and down with the back and forth. I feel my joints moving through a much better range of motion than I did with other pieces of exercise equipment. What I did not like about this piece of exercise equipment was it's bulkiness. It is not a piece of exercise equipment that can be folded and stored away. You definitely need to have a designated place in your home to use this.

Love It

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Life Fitness Cross-Trainer:

I've tried out a number of elliptical machines, and the Life Fitness Cross-Trainer has continued to be my favorite. I actually used it at my gym before purchasing it for my home. This machine is solid and sturdy, unlike many other treadmills that I've used in the past. It can actually handle fast speeds. I love that I can use it both forward and backward. The moveable arm pieces add so much more intensity to my workout.
The machine is easy to use and program. There are a variety of training programs available, but I generally prefer to customize my own workout using the quickstart feature. I can control the incline and resistance while pushing my speed. This elliptical also syncs up with my heart rate monitor.
The motion is smooth and not at all jerky. I love that the cup holder is large enough for my big water bottle. There is also space for my phone or whatever musical device you prefer.
I'm a huge fan of Life Fitness products.

• Comfort:

I like that I can go forwards and backwards on this machine.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about Life Fitness Cross-Trainer:

This machine has several features I enjoy. First of all, it has a place to put my sports bottle, which is a must. I carry a sturdy glass water bottle and like to have it close by on my machine and not sitting on the floor. Second of all, I like that this elliptical allows me to go forwards and backwards. I can job forward for a while and then spice it up by doing a backwards motion to get extra flexing and extension on my knees.

It performs as expected. The incline isn't too steep on this and I can go forwards and backwards. I like that it keeps record of my workout so I can log it. It tells me how fast, estimated calories, and how long I worked out. It also has a feature to plug in a heart monitor if I want to see how fast my heart is beating to reach target heart rates. The digital display is easy to read and use.

Comfort
I wish the grips were designed a little differently but overall it's quite comfortable. I prefer grips to be more angled and curved for better gripping because I don't like the sideways handle grips, however, I can live with it. I frequently don't use my hands on the elliptical so it's not a deal-breaker.

It's simple to use. Once you hop on, you can select your workout regime or you can simple start moving and the machine will start up on a standard 20 minute or so cycle.

It seems very durable. The key is good maintenance. If you workout, wipe the machine down and get the germs and dirt. This helps the machine last longer and anyone else in the house can be cleaner and safer (from germs).

I love the design of this, especially the forward and backwards motion features. With that being said, I wish the handles had more of an angled and curved design so I didn't have to grab them sideways. I find myself sitting my hands on top of the handles instead of gripping them.

• Comfort:

One of the best investments I've ever made!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Life Fitness Cross-Trainer:

I absolutely love this cross-trainer. I use it at least four times per week. I chose this machine instead of choosing one of its competitors because of how well-made and easy to use it is. I actually prefer this machine than the cross-trainer machines that are at the gym that I attend. In all honesty, this machine was very expensive, but if you plan on using it multiple times per week, it's definitely a good investment to make.

The performance of this cross-trainer is excellent. It runs smoothly, and it does not make very much noise at all.

Comfort
The handles are comfortable to hold on to which I especially appreciate.

The settings and features of this machine are easy to use and are quite self-explanatory.

I've had this machine for quite a while now, and it still works like a champ!

This machine is on the larger side, however I love the design. It feels very sturdy and strong.

Love this machine!

from Oxford, CT

Comments about Life Fitness Cross-Trainer:

I love using this machine for my work outs! It is great especially on your ankles and knees. It is very easy to use and makes the time go by much faster compared to using a treadmill. I can use this machine for an hour and not have any issues afterwards or the next day. Some machines will give me sore ankles or knee pain after using them for an hour. This machine is also very quiet unlike some others. It barely makes any noise until you have to oil it up but for the most part it is very quiet. I have this machine in my living room so I can watch television while I use it and it doesn't prevent me from hearing what it on the television. This machine is designed very well and I can't get over how easy and comfortable it is to use! I highly recommend this machine to anyone who loves working out and especially for exercise beginners, it is so easy! It is a little expensive but you do end up saving money on a gym membership!

Great Exercise Machine

Profile Image

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Life Fitness Cross-Trainer:

I have the luxury of being able to go to the gym on our military base to workout without any membership fees to pay. Another great thing is our gym is packed with great equipment that varies from room to room. There is so much much selection. One of my favorite types of machines are the elliptical machines. These are easy on your knees than a traditional treadmill and they give your legs and butt a good workout. The features of this particular are very pleasing. The machine has handles that you hold giving your arms a little workout as well, plus there are heart rate monitor plates on the handles. They are very accurate allowing you to stay in the range you have in mind for yourself. You can also set up your workout to be measured based on a couple different options. You can choose to complete your workout when you have exercised for a certain amount of time, set amount of calories burned, or you can set it to be finished once you have completed a certain "distance." I also love the number of resistance settings this machine offers. There are twenty different resistance levels to choose from allowing you to slowing climb up as you get better and stronger without danger of injuring yourself. This machine gives me an overall cardiovascular workout and full lower body workout all at once. I love this machine since it covers so much. Leaves me feeling good and I feel that I have made progress when I am done with my workout. I have been using this machine on a regular basis three times a week now for about three months and have noticed a difference in weight and muscle tone in my legs. My legs look and feel leaner and stronger. I have also lost a couple pounds as well. The machine is easy to move around the workout room and does not take up a ton of space making it a great option for fitting many machines into one workout room.

I was able to figure out all the features during my first workout without any trouble and I can easily toggle through the options to see my current progress.

• Comfort:

An excellent piece of workout equipment

from north augusta sc

Comments about Life Fitness Cross-Trainer:

I love working out on this elliptical machine! You burn a lot more calories than a stationary bicycle or treadmill because the elliptical combines working the upper body and lower body. You can easily burn four hundred to six hundred calories in an hour on the machine. The design of the machine is slick. It was a bit difficult to assemble, so I would have someone from the company assemble it. I really like the display which tells you how many calories you burn and heart rate. This is a great feature! I also like the different exercise modes that you can use. I used a different course each day which kept exercising with this machine from being boring. I did not give it a perfect score, because it can be a little loud. It was also pricey. I would recommend a less expensive machine which does the same thing as this one. However, if you have the money to spend then you will not find a better machine!

losing poundage

With this machine I have lost 60 pounds and 2 dress sizes. Feeling much better

Easy to use even after having surgery

Comfort
Very comfortable even with back problems

Easy to use even when your older

No problems yet

gives you comfort and a good workout without hurting the body

Life Fitness CT9500HRR Cross Trainer

from Hermiston, OR

My favorite workout!

Comments about Life Fitness Cross-Trainer:

I use this elliptical in the gym and am planning to buy one for our basement. It gets your heart rate up and you can feel the burn in your backside and legs after one workout. I do 45 minutes, and saw results after just 3 days. It really tones and lifts your muscles, and you lose a lot of weight! I love the smooth motion too, and prefer it to running because it is easy on your knees.

Great for weight loss

Comments about Life Fitness Cross-Trainer:

After gaining 100lbs with my pregnancy I was determined to lose weight but didn't want to go to a public place to work out due to my self conscious and didn't want to pay outrageous amounts of money monthly. I talked with a lot of people in regards to rather I should get this or a treadmill. So glad I chose this because I have lost so much weight and I can work out in the privacy of my own home. This is a very durable machine, but it does take some time to put together. Well worth the money though!