Other Heartburn Medicines:
Aciphex
Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine

Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine

Cures My Acid Reflux

When I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux Disease (GERD), my doctor gave me a prescription of Nexium, but I never got the kind of relief I wanted and we decided to try other medications for acid reflux.

Aciphex was the medication that ended giving me the most relief from the pain of acid reflux, but it was more expensive. My doctor explained that it is a "proton pump inhibitor" and it helps block stomach acid where it is produced, in the stomach.

Aciphex gave me relief from the very first day, and usually came within an hour of taking it. The pills are very small and easy to swallow. I don't like taking pills or capsules, but these are no problem for me - and they are coated so I don't taste any of the medicine when I swallow them.

I take one 20 mg AcipHex tablet before breakfast and I get relief for most of the day because the pills are time release. Sometimes the symptoms will come back in the evening when I go to bed, but elevating my head with an additional pillow helps with that.

The only downside to taking Aciphex is that it is not on our insurance providers list of "preferred drugs". They wanted me to use less expensive medications that are also intended to treat acid reflux, but I already went that route and they didn't help me as much as Aciphex does. So I have to pay more out of pocket for Aciphex, but it is worth it for me.

I don't have any side effects from Aciphex, although my doctor did tell me that this kind of medication can lead to bone loss in some women. This is definitely something that I want to look into further so I know the risks involved with taking an acid neutralizing medication.

aciphex for acid reflux

A member of my family has developed cancer.  He has cancer of the esophagus and is currently receiving chemotherapy and radiation for his condition but one of the side effects that this cancer is causing is cutting off the esophagal area making it hard to swallow and causing a bad taste and belching.  The doctor prescribed aciphex for his acid reflux and it has taken control over his situation and he has shown improvement.  Like I said above it does not rule out other serious stomach conditions but can help make them more manageable but eliminating gas and bad taste and burning.  It reduces the amount of acid that is produced in your stomach usually for a short term treatment in the healing of gastresophageal reflux disease. It is not recommended for use for periods of longer than twelve months.  It is taken as a pill in the prescribed dosage.  Stomach acid can damage the lining of your esophagus.  So ask your physician about it if you experience heartburn, sour taste and burping.

it works, but really expensive

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

I used this when I received a free 30 day supply from my doctor, and it worked pretty well. Better than a lot of medicines, but not perfectly. However, I stopped taking it because it was not covered by my insurance and was ridiculously expensive. I do not have bad insurance either, so I was shocked it wasn't covered. So I'd say if your insurance covers it, get it. If not, save your money and use another product.

Relief from terrible heartburn!

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

AcipHex has been a life saver for me! Last year I started treatment for Lupus, which included a great deal of medications, all of which made my already present heartburn a million times worse! It was so terrible I actually had to have an endoscopy to ensure there was nothing wrong with my stomach. I tried several types of heartburn medication. All of which were very expensive, and none of them worked. Aciphex was the first heartburn medicine to give me relief and I am honestly so grateful, because before it I could not eat anything and was constantly eating ice cream and drinking milk just to get a little relief from the heartburn. Although it works wonderfully for me, it is very expensive. Which on top of all the other medications I have to take, sometimes makes it impossible for me to afford. On their website they offer a discount program, however, I have never received the coupons or discount card that was supposed to be mailed to me. Even though every time I contact someone they say it has shipped. I really believe it is the best heartburn medicine available, however it is very pricey.

Cures My Acid Reflux

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

It worked for me like no other PPI!

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

All the other PPIs I took gave me severe gas pain in my chest and abdominal area. Aciphex gave nothing but relief. Whether Protonix, Prilisec, Prevasid or their generics, they were worse than the heartburn problem itself. The others made me feel gas pain so acute, I thought I was having a heart attack. The prioblem is aciphex is VERY difficult to get because insurance companies don't want to pay the extremly HIGH price.

So happy that I found this medicine no other worked like this!

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

I tried almost every heartburn medicine out there: Tagamet, Zantac, Pepto, even Gas-X but nothing seemed to get rid of my heartburn. I get heartburn especially at night and found that this little pill taken twice a day (for me) allows me to sleep at night without waking up with that heavy feeling in my chest. My sister also tried Aciphex and it also worked for her unlike anything else did in the past. I hope that the cost does come down some because it it quite expensive even with prescription coverage, but so worth the money. I love that the dosage is low so that I can take two pills a day and all the other pills you could only take one and that was not beneficial.

No Acid Reflux

from Cornwall ny 12518

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

I was prescribed this when other meds were not on insurance formulary. I was afraid that it would not work since the other med I was useing which my insurance did not cover anymore,. However I was quite surprised that it worked as well and I had no reflux acid while I take it. This is a great thing since the reflux can really disrupt your life.

Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine doesn't help me much

from Abie, NE

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

I have severe acid reflux and I decided to try some of this for it because I found it in my parent's medicine drawer when I was at home for the holidays. I expected it to really help me and cure my acid reflux symptoms, but it really didn't help me at all. From what my parents said it is a very expensive medicine, but they hadn't tried it yet. For something so expensive it was rather ineffective for me and didn't do at all what it said it was supposed to do on the box. My acid reflux was no better than it was before taking the medicine. There are other acid reflux medicines you can buy that are much more effective and probably a lot cheaper as well. I do not recommend this because it didn't do anything for me.

Aciphex beats Ranitidine for me!

from Oakhurst, CA

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

After suffering for several years with acid reflux, I finally asked my doctor for help. Initially, he had me try over-the-counter medications and prescription ranitidine. These were either useless or had side effects. Then he prescribed Aciphex. What a change!! I was able to sleep through the night without sitting upright and the awful acid reflux was gone. It only took two days.

Yes, it is expensive. I have been struggling with my insurance company to get them to cover it and hope we can get it resolved soon. But the relief is complete and worthwhile.

The name is also a bit peculiar. When my doctor first told me that he was going to prescribe Aciphex, I asked him if it was a cream for my derriere.

Worked very well

from Manahawkin, NJ

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

I have always had really bad, painful heartburn due to having a hiatal hernia. I had tried nexium, and some over the counters that just were not for me. I took Aciphex and loved it. It was very effective, afforable and fast acting. After almost a year of taking the presciption, I discontinued use and today I would say that my acid reflex rarely happens, and is much more milder. I now take tums, but really liked how aciphex worked. What people are not realizing now a days is that these presciption heartburn pills are not made to use for years, they are supposed to correct a problem. If you still are getting heartburn after years on medication, than you should consider another option. As I had mentions, I love aciphex. I took it for a little while and now my heart burn is so mild that tums does the trick for me. I thikn as long as you take Aciphex as called for and really take care of your body you will find relief.

I take it before going to bed!!!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Aciphex Acid Reflux Medicine:

I had been experiencing acid reflux and heart burn for about 8 years and using over the counter medication to treat it without getting much relief. While visiting my doctor, I mentioned to him about my acid reflux and hart burn and he gave me about a one month's supply of samples. of  Aciphex.I develope heartburn frequently after going to bed, and that is when my acid reflex acts up. I immediatley recieved relief from my acid reflux, hence eliminating my heartburn. On my next visit to my doctor, I aked for a percsription of Aciphex. I now take it about 4 days a month, down from every evening of over the counter medication. I highly recommend Aciphex