Other Heartburn Medicines:

Nexium Tablets

Pros

Cons

Nexium Stops Stomach Acid at the Source

Digestive problems can be a real pain and depending on the cause, they can also lead to damage to the esophagus and other organs. Over the counter drugs are usually fine to treat these conditions, but for those who have a serious case of excess stomach acid, GERD, acid reflux, Zollinger- Ellison syndrome, etc., a good prescription drug to consider is **Nexium**, an acid reduction drug.

**Drug Commentary:**

** **

Nexium is drug used for treatment of stomach acid production and related health problems. This drug is sold in small pills containing 20mg or 40mg and it actually decreases the amount of acid produced by the stomach. Unlike calcium carbonate and other over the counter products, Nexium doesn't just neutralize acid- it cuts down the production of acid, stopping an acid reflux attack before it has a chance to begin.

** **

I have occasional bouts with acid reflux and I usually rely in products like Pepcid AC and other over the counter drugs to take care of the problem. My condition is fairly easy to control by simply avoiding late night meals and on those occasions when I do experience a problem, over the counter solutions are generally sufficient. However, I have used Nexium a few times and I found it to be an excellent product to prevent acid reflux and related problems before they occur. Unlike other drugs, which are usually taken to stop the problem once it begins, Nexium is taken at the start of the day, as a preventative measure. It cuts down stomach acid so that you don't have to worry about a nighttime bout with a nasty case of acid reflux.

In addition to its use as an acid reducer, Nexium also helps to heal lesions in the throat common to those who suffer from GERD and related diseases. As anyone who has suffered from acid reflux will tell you, the stomach acid causes a burning feeling in the throat and over time, this burning can lead to lesions in the esophagus. Nexium helps to heal these wounds, eliminating the soreness and returning the esophagus to health.

Besides the excellent effectiveness of this prescription drug, another nice quality is the ease of taking the pills. They are shaped like a capsule and are very small- less than half an inch in length and with a slick coating that makes them easy to swallow. They are so small, in fact, that many people can take them without water.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Stomach acid is fine when it stays in its proper place. But it can sometimes rear its ugly head and come up through the throat and even into the mouth, where it can cause other health issues. Nexium helps to stop these problems before they begin and it ranks among the best prescription treatments for acid reflux and other related diseases.

Lots of people use it but it just doesn't work for me.

I was prescribed Nexium for acid reflux.  I had heard alot of good things about Nexium so I was really excited about this since I was sick of the acid reflux.  Unfortunately the medicine did not help me one bit.  I am not saying its a bad medicine because it has worked for alot of people, it just didn't work for me for some reason.

Great Product!

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

I asked my doctor about Nexiun because, I have had heartburn nearly every day since I was in Middle School. I went to the doctor and found out that my frequent heartburn was actually Acid Reflux Disease, which is why over the counter heartburn relief medicines never seemed to work very long for me. Nexium reaally helped! Acid Reflux Disease is a disease where the sphincter muscles between your esophagus and your stomach do not close all the way which causes your stomach acid to erupt like a volcano into your esophagus. You may also know this disease as GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease. My doctor prescribed me Nexium Esomeprazole Tablets and, let me tell you, I have never felt better! I can actually sleep at night without having to prop myself up! Nexium has worked wonderfully for my acid reflux and I recommend that if you have acid reflux symptoms, like me, more than twice a week that you ask your doctor about Nexium Tablets today!

Tear up your Nexium Prescription!!

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

I thought this medicine was a Godsend after having my gallbladder removed and suffering severe GERD and bile reflux. It is recommended for up to 8 weeks unless recommended by your physician. I was on this medication for four years. Over this time, I quit suffering from reflux but developed bouts of severe epigastric pain that could not be explained through costly tests. I became sick and missed it for two days and I realized that I felt a bit better than usual, so I gave it up. After only a week, the debilitating epigastric pain was gone. It did not return until two years later when I was put on an alternate PPI for a short time. Within two weeks, there the pain was. I recommend you do what is necessary to avoid Nexium as well as all other PPI's at all cost. Though I will not advise you to do what I do for my heartburn and GERD relief as I am not a doctor, I will share it with you. I drink pickle juice for the heartburn and GERD as well as watching my diet.

Must be consistent

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

I was diagnosed with acid reflux when I was 21, it came out of nowhere. I never had any other symptoms before. I did the barium test and according to the doctor I had the reflux from the bottom of my throat all the way down my entire stomach. It was rather severe. Throughout the last 20 years I have been on so many different brands. As the years progress my symptoms are stronger. I have been on and off Nexium throughout these years. I believe it is the best one on the market. However, as with any antacid medicine, it is very important to take it every single day before you eat. I also think it is beneficial to drink an entire glass of water. Nexium overall has helped to decrease my heartburn and allows me to eat most of the food that I enjoy. However, I will say if your heartburn is very severe I would still stay away from spicy foods. It is not a miracle drug and you still need to make good choice on what you choose to eat.

The Best Medicine for Heartburn Out There

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

Nexium is the best medicine I have used for acid reflux. My doctor decided to put me on it after suffering an extremely painful esophageal spasm and lesions in my throat from the acid. I was on Omeprazole, 20mg, but I still had acid reflux, before getting switched to Nexium. Within 1 day of taking the first Nexium pill, I noticed relief. It was amazing how fast it worked and how I had no heartburn, acid reflux, or GERD symptoms at all while I was taking it. The only problem with it, is the price. I have okay insurance and even with a discount and insurance, it was too expensive for me to take it more than 4 months. I have recently been taking 40 mg of Omeprazole and I have found that it works for me, but not nearly as well as Nexium. Managing acid reflux with diet can also work for some people, but a medicine is usually needed too. I recommend that if Nexium is too pricey to try 40mg in something else.

This medication will completely relieve heartburn symptoms.

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

I take this medication once a day for reflux indigestion. Once you get it in your system it completely relieves that burning sensation and acid in the back of your throat. I have had no symptoms since the 3rd or 4th day of taking it. There are no side effects for me at all. The prescription strength purple pill equals 2 of the OTC pills. I highly recommend it!

Causes more issues in the long run

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

I was prescribed this medication for about 1 to 2 years. Yes it does help with acid reflux, but it also causes problems with digestion. I stopped taking Nexium because my body was having trouble processing any kind of food. I ended up having to be on laxatives in order to get any food to go through my system, then tapper off of them. It took 5 years for my body to get back to where it could process food with out the help of medications after going off Nexium. For me it was not worth it and cause way more problems then iit helped.

Works like a charm.

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

My boyfriend suffers from chronic heart burn. No matter what he ingests, it comes back every night. When I purchased Nexium for him to try out he was very skeptical because we have tried med after med after med. But this one was different. Nexium was a huge relief for him and for me! His symptoms are decreased by about 75% and seem to be getting better and better each night of use.

Works really well for me

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

I got terrible heartburn when I eat certain foods, yet I continue to eat them because I love them. Nexium has allowed me to eat my favorite foods and not have to regret it terribly the next day. It really does stop acid indigestion and heartburn, better than any other product I have ever used.

Nexium has been a lifesaver! I can't live without it!

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

Nexium is the best medicine for acid reflux that I have ever been on. It comes in different milligrams depending how bad you acid is. I take 40 mg. every day. I have horrible acid reflux. Acid reflux runs in our family and at least 4 members of my family take Nexium faithfully. Without Nexium my live would be miserable. If I miss one dose I am back to not sleeping and the terrible burn in my chest. If you suffer from acid reflux try Nexium. It takes about three days for it to fully work for me again after I forget it one day. So take it for 3 days before you give up on it. It seems to take that long for it to really go to work for me but everyone's different. If i stay on it I have 0 heartburn. If you suffer acid reflux take it seriously and take Nexium to relieve your heartburn, Acid reflux can change the cells in your esophagus which can lead to serious problems. I wholehearted and without reservation recommend Nexium.

This has made all the difference in me not getting heartburn

Comments about Nexium Tablets:

This works great on not getting heart burn or having ulcer problems for me. I have been taking it for about 2 years now and had to switch from another medicine that my body had gotten used too. I know it is working well because when I do not take it the heart burn starts right in then before I know it sick to my stomach. I can eat a lot of foods I might otherwise not be able to handle. I have been on many different meds for this and I find this to truly be the best one out there.