3.8
Prevacid
Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole)

Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole)

3.8

If at first it doesn't work... talk to your physician.

Comments about Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole):

Of course talk with your doctor about upping the dose, but that is the problem I ran into. I have a lot of stress, and a family history of Acid Reflux. Luckily mine is not as bad as my fathers, but it still made it hard to do anything. I would have a glass of water in the morning after brushing my teeth and end up with stomach acid just from the water. When I first tried Prevacid over the counter I had high hopes. Took it religiously for a month and was still having horrible reflux. Even a bland diet was not helping in the least. When I went for my physical next I brought it up with my doctor who said the dosage in OTC is lower than prescribed medication for obvious reason. She suggested I take two and come back in a month to check my progress.
Well apparently that did the trick. Not only was I able to get through the morning without suffering from horrible pain. I was able to integrate the spicy food I love back into my diet without worry and I am still doing better over a year on the increased dose. If I miss my dose, I go right back to acid reflux so I am careful not to forget!

Not a fan

Comments about Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole):

I have major issues with indigestion and heart burn. Some of this is diet and some of it is stress. I can usually try to make changes to my diet, but sometimes I just have to take something for relief. I tried Prevacid and simply was not impressed. It is supposed to be a 24 hour form of relief. Not only did I not have 24 hours of relief, but I never found the relief of my heartburn that I was hoping for. After taking Prevacid, I still needed to supplement with something else (in my case TUMS - which I absolutely hate to take). I was really disappointed. I might have needed to give this a longer try, but the cost is a little too high for me. I have found that store brand acid reducers with Famotadine are the most effect for super fast relief of heartburn. I use Great Value with famotadine. The Great Value product (found at Walmart) is inexpensive and can be used as needed and works within minutes (literally).

Has worked great for my daughter

Comments about Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole):

I have a two year old who had a very tough first 18 months of life due to sever acid reflux and Gerd. Prevacid solutabs were the first thing that really helped her. It does take a few weeks for the meds to neutralize all the irritation, and you won't see immediate impact, but give it time. She also would take this med easily since it was mixed with water and did not have any bad taste.

Not so good as others

from Enterprise, Wv

Comments about Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole):

I suffer from GERD and have a lot of pain on a daily bases. I also suffer from painful and difficult swallowing. My doctor actually recommended this product. I found it to be a bit expensive being that I had health insurance and could get prescription medication for the same price. I started this medication and took it for six weeks. I kept thinking it would work after it got into my system. I found myself taking other antacids to supplement for the fact this product was failing at what is was advertised to do. During this time, I suffered from pain on a daily basis and could not even swallow water properly. I would never recommend this to anyone who has chronic medical problems that include pain as a symptom. It is way over priced when there are better products out there that cost the same. I even found myself taking more than prescribed trying to find relief. Prevacid gets a big old thumbs down from me.

Made my heartburn history.

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole):

I loved this product and found it to be very effective for my heartburn. It isn't the best choice when immediate relief is needed however and is really indicated for a more chronic problem. If I need immediate relief, I generally use something like maalox. But when my heartburn seems to repeatedly come back after a few days, I generally go to this for about a week and the heartburn is history. I have tried prilosec as well and I will have to say I have found both of these to be equally effective and would make my choice in the future based on price alone. This is a little more costly than products like pepcid, tums or maalox, so you definitely want to hold out use for a more chronic problem.

My Pregnancy Life Saver!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole):

During my first pregnancy it became very apparent early on that heartburn was going to be an issue. Tums just were not cutting it. I was given a prescription for prevacid and it worked like a charm. My second pregnancy I started taking it during my 3rd month, and again no complaints. I am currently in my third pregnancy and prevacid is now available over the counter. This is great because the price is better than it was, but on the other hand no insurance to help cover it either. I don't know if there is a difference in the formula now that it is available over the counter, but this time around as soon as 24 hours are up I have to take another or the heartburn will be back with a vengance. The product does what it is intended to do, but is pricey still, and does not seems to work the same as it did when I got it from the pharmacists.