Other Women's Perfumes:
Yves Saint Laurent
Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume

Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume

Opium Perfume - splash on some romance and mystery

Opium is my favorite perfume. I initially tried it, because I read in a magazine that it was Cher's favorite perfume. Yes. That Cher. I'll date myself here, but I loved watching the Sonny and Cher TV show when I was a girl. When I hit my teens, I continued to follow her career, and I started buying Opium perfume.

Opium by Yve Saint Laurent has an exotic scent. It's definately not the typical floral perfume. It's more "cedar and spice." It definately has an Asian flavor. I lived in Japan for a year, and this perfume always makes me think of Fussa City. High notes are spicy and low notes fainty sweet. Opium is bold but not overpowering.

I use some other perfumes, but I always keep Opium on hand. It's definately my top pick for nights. If I'm going out, then I like this rich perfume with an air of mystery. During the day, I'm likely to pick something a little lighter and not so sexy. I teach, so that impacts on my selections. This would be fine in a business environment.

I don't know if Cher still uses Opium, but I sure do. It's an ageless scent. I was thrilled when I saved up enough money from my part-time high school job to get a bottle, and I continue to buy and use Opium.

look for something else

I think it is old smell, sorry. If you are 20-40, you want to go with something different for sure.

It has a classic smell. Yes, not...Read complete review

It has a classic smell. Yes, not bad, but you can do better then that.  My husband would call it " grandma smell", and I am not a grandma for another 10 years at least.

Absolute timeless fragrance!

from Smyrna, GA

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

This has a unique sandlewood fragrant has a nice earthy, spicy, woodsy scent. It only requires a few drops place on the pulse point to drive your man wild! I would recommend this product for you to buy for yourself or for you to receive from your significant other! Buy this is the smaller bottle as it last a long time and can get stronger after a year or so!

Never out-dated, powerful, head-turning !

from Houston, TX

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

Opium is a **classic.  **Very rich and powerful.**  **A *little bit* is all you need.  This fragrance is superior in not only its scent (oriental) but how it makes you feel (Wonder Woman!).  Opium....there's always a time to wear it.  I discovered this scent while I was in my twenties and loved it ever since.  I have found that sometimes the more expensive things are worth the price.  I'd rather pay for something that will last than to have a scent wear off in an hour (boring!!!).

Yves Saint Laurent Opium is a classy classic.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume has staying power in more ways than one.This perfume is a classic.I think it may have been around longer than I have.This perfume has been around forever because its good and people still continue to wear it.It is one of my favorite oriental scents.It has a very strong musky spicy scent.I love vanilla and this perfume has a bold use of vanilla.I like that it smells pretty much the same on everyone.The scent doesnt seem to be affected much by body chemistry.I have know alot of people who wear it.It is a scent thats instantly recognizable.Alot of scents open smelling one way and smell different after the dry down.I find this perfume smells the same from the minute you put it on until long after the dry down.My only problem with this perfume is it can be very overpowering.I want to use more so the scent last longer but then it gets too strong.I think this is a good fragrance for both day and night.

The Opium Perfume

from Macon, GA

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

This is one of the best smelling scent that any women can use ,It stays with you and you nedd only to apply a little at a time .Long weraring use will remain in your clothes but if you are going to wear this always ,then it does not matter. Expensive but I'm only able to buy it once a year due to my budget, but it is great girls.

It puts me in the mind of some of the most beautiful women in the world that if they knew or had known it smelt great ,they would have worn it.  Racquel Welch, Lena Horne, Jill Scott, Pearl Bailey,Bette Davis probably would have worn it.

Now you all see how special this scent is to me.

A little heavy.

from Washington, MI

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

I tried to use Opium and I just had to give it up. It does have a great scent but it is way to heavy and long lasting for me. I love Yves St Laurent products but  the Opium is a bit too much for me. If you like a rich long lasting fragrance, this is the one for you.

If I Could Marry A Scent It Would Be Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

from New Castle, PA

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

Legend holds that each person has his or her own unique signature, destiny and legacy, that we express it in our own ways and also that many do not even yet realize their potential for greatness, mastery or divinity.

Have you tapped in to yours? Revealed your inner goddess? Unleashed the passion that lies within your core?

I do every time I indulge in **Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. **

This spicy, sultry, seductive, yet not over bearing fragrance has been a must have of mine for over 25 years.

I'm not the only one, it's been a best seller since its release in 1977.  Millions of women swear by it and I'm proud to say that I am one of these women. Are you?

A listing of its ingredients includes: ALCOHOL . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . BENZYL SALICYLATE . LIMONENE . HYDROXYCITRONELLAL . AQUA (WATER) . LINALOOL . EUGENOL . GERANIOL . COUMARIN . ISOEUGENOL . CITRONELLOL . HEXYL CINNAMAL . BENZYL BENZOATE . HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE . CINNAMYL ALCOHOL . EVERNIA FURFURACEA EXTRACT . BENZYL ALCOHOL . CITRAL . BENZYL CINNAMATE . EVERNIA PRUNASTRI EXTRACT . AMYL CINNAMAL . FARNESOL . ALPHA-METHYL IONONE . "0YC02-2". ;

I believe they forget to list: **CONFIDENCE, SPUNK, MEN FALLING AT YOUR FEET, ADMIRATION, PASSION, DETERMINATION, SASS, SEXINESS, MYSTIQUE, CHARISMA, A FEELING THAN CANNOT BE DESCRIBED BY WORDS.**

Sexy - full bodied - intense - wonderfully aromatic & mysterious

from White Plains, NY

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

Opium is an experience to wear - people always notice when i'm wearing it.  It's scent is mysterious and creates a most sensual aura.  I believe this embodies what women want to say about themselves when they are feeling their best.  It is not for the faint of heart - and will long leave the impression that you have been there.  It is particularly for those women who are creatures of the night - it's scent is strong and I don't believe for the day time.  Dab it anywhere - and everywhere - but a little goes a long way - so no need to splash it on.

divine

from Miami, FL

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

How does one describe one of the most divine fragrances around?  I don't like "fruity" or "citrus" of "clean" scents.  I always go for the Oriental blends.  This is one of my favorites.  It has an intoxicating scent, lasts for a long time, is heavy (so you need to use a lot less), and I'm always complimented on it.  The lotion and bath powder are also great.  I love this product!  My boyfriend usually doesn't pay much attention to fragrances, but does always tell me how nice I smell when I use it.  I do use other scents from different companies, but never when he is around.  I also enjoy it.  It makes me feel very special, romantic and sexy.  The packaging and the colors on it add to it's appeal.  It has a very rich and regal look.  When I wear this fragrance, strangers will ask what I'm using.  It's strong but not in an obtrusive way.  It (when used prperly) will not make people think you took a bath in it.  A classy scent.

I love Opium perfume.

from Denison, TX

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

Opium perfume is a wonderful fragrance.  I love perfume, and this is my favorite.  It has it's own distinct fragrance.  Everytime I go out somewhere and am wearing it, someone always compliments me on my fragrance.  It is classic and sophisticated.  I will always wear it.

Opium - classic scent & my cat's favorite!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Perfume:

I love Opium perfume,  I have been happily wearing it for years and it's one fragrance that I'm never without.  It's one of my husband's favorites and it's a scent that will elicit compliments - 'like um, you smell nice' and never sends someone running away gagging.  It's not inexpensive, but a little goes a long way and it has a good shelf life.  But, I've been going through more lately because my cat is addicted to it.  I have a bengal cat and that breed isn't too far removed from wild cats.  Anytime I am wearing Opium he jumps in my lap and/or rubs up against me and he will try to lick the perfume off my wrists or my neck.  At first I thought that this was just some odd quirk that my cat had, but there is a wild cat sanctuary here in California, and apparently the majority of wild cats go crazy for Opium perfume.  It's like catnip to them!  One nice thing though is that when I will be out of town, I will spritz a little Opium perfume where my cat likes to sleep, hoping to keep him happy while I'm gone.