Other Yogurts:

Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake

Pros

Cons

tastes just as good as real strawberry shortcake

Strawberry Shortcake is one of my favorite desserts, and I also love the Yoplait Light Yogurts. So trying out this yogurt was necessary for me. I absolutely loved the flavor of this yogurt. I feel like Yoplait really perfected the strawberry shortcake flavor. The strawberry shortcake has real bits of strawberries in it, which makes it even more delicious. The strawberry sauce even tastes exactly like real strawberry shortcake filling. The yogurt is really creamy in consistency, and even has the sweetness of the whipped cream frosting on top. The yogurt is so good that I started eating it as my after dinner dessert. I feel like i'm indulging in a real dessert but I am actually only eating 90 calories. The Yoplait Lights have actually even helped me to lose weight, so that's a plus. I would totally recommend this yogurt if you like strawberry shortcake. If you don't like strawberry shortcake Yoplait has a variety of other flavors.

Flavor/Taste
I love strawberry shortcake, and the Yoplait Yogurt captured that flavor wonderfully. You can taste the bits of strawberry and the delicious strawberry filling flavoring that would be in a real strawberry shortcake. It tastes really creamy, and even captures the flavor of the whipped cream frosting. The flavor is delicious, and just as good as real strawberry shortcake I would say.

Variety
Yoplait Light has a variety of different flavors like strawberry orange sunrise, raspberry cheesecake, very cherry, triple berry torte, orange cream, black forest cake, red velvet cupcake, apple fritter, and more. Yoplait has a ton of delicious sweet dessert flavored yogurts.

Consistency
They aren't runny like other regular yogurts. They have a thicker, richer, creamy consistency to them. The consistency makes them taste like a real dessert.

Convenience
It's a quick and convenient way to cure a sweet tooth without killing your diet. I either like to eat this as a snack or have this instead of dessert.

If you like strawberry yogurt, you will love this!

I recently bought a whole bunch of yogurts in flavors that I have never tried before.  I was somewhat disappointed in the Yoplait [Pineapple Upside-Down Cake yogurt][1] , so I wasn't expecting much when I tried the **Yoplait Light Fat Free Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt.**

The front of the yogurt shows a picture of a huge strawberry shortcake covered in whipped cream and strawberries.  I was expecting it to be too sweet like the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake yogurt, but it wasn't too sweet at all.  I don't taste strawberry shortcake, I only taste a strawberry yogurt.  What does make this different than other strawberry yogurts is that the strawberry flavor tastes more dessertish than fruity.  There are small tidbits of strawberries in there, but not nearly like a regular strawberry yogurt where you would find chunks of strawberries.

**Nutrition: **110 calories, 0 fat, 90mg sodium, 20g carbs, 6g protein

**The Scoop!**

Even though this yogurt doesn't taste like strawberry shortcake, it is still good.  I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys strawberry flavored foods, especially yogurt.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Yoplait-Light-Fat-Free-Yogurt-Pineapple-Upside-Down-Cake-review-23501

One of my favorites

from TN

Comments about Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake:

I have tried so many different flavors of Yoplait yogurt that I do not think I could count them all. This strawberry shortcake flavored one really stood out to me though. It is super tasty! It has the perfect amount of sweetness to it. I love that when I have a sweet tooth I can grab one of these conveniently and get my sugar fix. The best part is not having to feel guilty about it later because they are not bad for me to snack on. I like to eat some yogurt in the morning at breakfast, but I do not recommend this one for that. I think this flavor of yogurt is made solely for a snack food. I have not been able to find this flavor in my local grocery store in a while though. It is one of my favorites so I am always on the lookout for it. I would recommend this yogurt to others because it is delicious and very filling. Not only that, it is super affordable and can fit into anyone's budget. The consistency of this yogurt is perfect. It is not really thick but it is not super watery either. I like that it is a happy medium in it's thickness.

tastes just as good as real strawberry shortcake

from Stroudsburg, PA

One of my favorites

from TN

• Convenience:

One of my favorite flavors!

Comments about Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake:

I recently decided to start using yogurt as a dessert replacement. As I have gotten older, I have had to watch what I eat more and more. Desserts are my weakness and so I needed something to replace them. This light yogurt with a dessert flavor did the trick for me. I have tried multiple flavors and the strawberry shortcake is one of my all time favorites. It truly has a strawberry shortcake flavor to it. The calories are much less than an actual strawberry shortcake though. It is a great substitute for dessert. It is also something that I have not grown tired of. I would highly recommend trying this flavor of yogurt if you are looking for a healthier dessert option.

Flavor/Taste
The taste is awesome. It truly resembles the taste of strawberry shortcake but with a lot less calories.

Variety
They have multiple flavors in this light yogurt. This flavor is one of the best though.

Consistency
The consistency is good. It is light and goes down easy. It also does not make you feel heavy after eating it.

Convenience
It is really easy to use a dessert or snack.

• Convenience:

Almost as Good as the Real Thing!

Comments about Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake:

Yoplait yogurts are a product that I have grown up on and continue to enjoy to this day. They are high quality, delicious, and come in a wide variety of flavors that most other companies don't have. Strawberry Shortcake is one example of this wide variety of flavors.

Personally, I love a real strawberry shortcake. Fresh strawberries, whipped cream... well, you get the drift. So when I saw this yogurt on the shelf, I figured it would be reasonably good. After all, Yoplait already makes a delicious strawberry yogurt, so they're already half-way there. However, I really love this product. Mixed in with the yogurt are real bits of strawberries, and the taste is truly close to that of a real strawberry shortcake- without all the calories and guilt!

If you are looking for a low calorie alternative to a delicious favorite, or just looking to expand on which flavors of Yoplait brand yogurt you have tried, I would definitely suggest trying Yoplait Light Yogurt- Strawberry Shortcake!

Delicious!

Comments about Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake:

The Yoplait Light Fat Free Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake is one of the best yogurts that the brand Yoplait has to offer. There are bits of real strawberry in it instead of just strawberry flavoring, which add not only to the delicious taste but also to the health of the yogurt. There are also bits of cake in it which alter the flavor so that it does not taste like just plain strawberry. Because real strawberry shortcake has whipped cream, this yogurt is a bit creamier than others.

I really like the Yoplait Light Fat Free Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake because not only is it really yummy, it is also very low in fat (that is what the "light" means in the name of the yogurt). Even though it is low-fat, it does not taste like it is. It is only 90 calories, but it does have 10 grams of sugar so that is why it does not taste like it is low-fat.

This yogurt provides 20% of daily Vitamin D and Calcium needed, so it is good for your bones.

Yoplait light strawberry shortcake keeps me fit

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake:

I love Yoplait light yogurts, and specifically the Yoplait light strawberry shortcake variety. I am a Weight Watchers member and have successfully kept the weight off for 14.5 years. As you may know Weight Watchers endorses the Yoplait light yogurts. I find the strawberry shortcake variety to have an appealing taste and creamy texture.
One of the tricks I use to keep me full and my weight on track is to use this yogurt variety. I often take the container and put it into the freezer. When frozen the yogurt takes longer to eat and tricks your brain into thinking you are fuller. If you have a very cold freezer it will turn icy. So to avoid this problem you can either allow it to soften for a while once out of the freezer, and/or if you like that texture especially in the summer, simply eat that wY and or remove it from the freezer before it gets really frozen and eat it right away.
Like I said I love the taste and have successfully managedy weight loss for many years.

Yoplait Light Fat Free Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt is sooo good!

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake:

I love strawberry yogurt, it's a classic. In my opinion, strawberries are naturally sweet and make a great pairing with yogurt. Often, I enjoy Yoplait Light Fat Free Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt. It is a great, healthy treat! What drew me to try this strawberry flavored yogurt is the dessert appeal of strawberry shortcake. When you are trying to eat lighter and healthier and come across an allowed food that says "shortcake", you will want to try it! I have tried all the Yoplait yogurt varieties, and love the Yoplait Light Fat Free Yogurts the most while I am dieting. This yogurt is slightly thin in consistency, features a smooth texture and offers a sweet, delicious strawberry and whipped topping taste! I often choose the Yoplait Light Fat Free Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt as a snack mid-day. It has an uplifting flavor that keeps me pushing through my diet routine. I think everyone should try it!

I hope this isn't representative of the rest of this line!

Comments about Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake:

I bought six Yoplait Light yogurts in assorted flavors because they went on sale at my local supermarket and I'd been meaning to pick some up. The flavors I got are all pretty wacky so I decided to try the most "normal" flavored one first. It was a mediocre experience.

I like Yoplait's regular strawberry yogurt and I like strawberry shortcake, but this just didn't do it for me. It's certainly strawberry flavored but I'm not getting any "shortcake" at all. Plus, the aftertaste is so strong and it just sits on the back of the tongue - it reminds me of the time I accidentally bought the zero calorie version of my favorite energy drink. Overall, this wasn't the worst yogurt I've ever tasted but I would not buy this flavor again.

The saving grace in this was the huge chunks of real strawberries - yum! I wish my container would have had more!

Favorite all time flavor

from Burke, VA

Comments about Yoplait Light Yogurt - Strawberry Shortcake:

I was a bit weary to try the "Light" version of Yoplait.  In my experience the light versions tend to have a bitter aftertaste.  However, I have tried many of these flavors (Strawberry, Blueberry, Peach, Strawberry/Banana and Key Lime) and all were delicious.  The strawberry shortcake is my absolute favorite.  No, it is not as delicious as a true strawberry shortcake, but it is yummy.  There is a full strawberry flavor that is followed by a creaminess like the ice cream or whip cream in the true dessert.  At only 100 calories or so, it certainly satisfies a sweet tooth.  I've enjoying them with a spoonful of Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax and that makes a great breakfast, by satisfying both a sweet tooth and a craving for crunch.  I recommend this flavor especially, but all of the prior ones that I mentioned are worth a try too.  The best thing of all is that my pants really do fit looser after I started having these for breakfast!