Other Yogurts:

Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt

Pros

Cons

• Convenience:

A sweet interlude but no show-stopper!

Joining the seemingly endless passing parade of cute little desserts is the latest contender:  ***Yoplait Delights Partfait Lowfat Yogurt***.  The eager consumer is presented with a four pack of 4 oz. plastic cups each about two thirds full of one kind of dessert yogurt topped with another third of some other variety.  This dessert product comes in four flavors:  ***Chocolate Raspberry, Triple Berry Creme, Creme Caramel and Lemon Torte***.  For my maiden voyage, I chose ***Chocolate Raspberry*** ... a combination of two thirds chocolate topped with one third raspberry yogurt.

There is really nothing wrong with this lovely little sincere dessert but somehow it just fell a bit flat for me.  I didn't think the flavors were pronounced enough -- that the chocolate should have tasted more chocolatey and the raspberry more like ... well, you get the idea.  I would expect that children would love ***Yoplait Delights*** because of the smooth mildness and the neat little cup sizes.  As for myself, I think that ***Yoplait Delights*** are a sweet little interlude but nothing dramatic enough to stop the show.  Even though they  may not bring down the curtain and take an encore, they aren't a bad choice for dessert.

**STATS:**

The contents of each 4 oz. cup is a single serving containing 100 calories with 10 calories from fat.  There are 1.5 grams Total Fat, 1 gram Saturated Fat, zero Trans Fat, 5 mg. Cholesterol, 90 mg. Sodium, 200 mg. Potassium, 18 grams Total Carbs, 13 grams Sugars, and 5 grams Protein.   Included in the mix are 10% (D.V.) each Vitamin A and Phosphorus and 15% each Calcium and Vitamin D.

**TASTE TIP:**

Even though they may be a bit lacking in drama, I think I will try the other flavors of ***Yoplait Delights Parfaits***.  It took a bit of care but I squirted on a dab of light whipped cream which seemed to enhance the delicate yogurt flavors.

Yoplait Delights converts yogurt into dessert

Over the summer, I got into the really bad habit of having ice cream for dessert almost every night. I've been searching for a satisfying substitute, and I think I found it in **Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt**.

What makes this product truely unique looking is that the yogurt is topped with a lighter colored layer of yogurt that has the appearance of a meringue. This layer is usually vanilla yougurt, although the Chocolate Raspberry flavor is topped with raspberry yogurt. There are currently four flavors available: the aforementioned Chocolate Raspberry, Creme Caramel, Lemon Torte, and (my favorite) Triple Berry Creme. I've stolen the serving suggestion from the package and put fresh fruit on each serving.

However, I compared this product with Yoplait's own Light Fat Free Yogurt. Since it has no fat (compared to 1.5g, or 2% or the average daily value in the lowfat Yoplait Delights), the fat free yogurt contains more added sugar (14 g versus 12 g in Yoplait Delights) Both contain 100 calories. BUT... Yoplait's Light Fat Free Yogurt is a 6 ounce serving, while Yoplait Delights Parfait is only a 4 ounce serving!

I like Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt. Its presentation in a clear cup is more appealing than regular yogurt. But I think I'll save it for special occasions - or dessert - and stick with regular yogurt for lunch or a quick snack.

Good for a sweet tooth.

from Florida

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

We're all looking for a way to get the tastes that we crave without packing on the calories and pounds. One of the biggest struggles for people who are trying to watch their weight is the struggle to curb their sweet tooth.

This is where Yoplait Delights Parfait lowfat yogurt comes in. It comes in a variety of flavors that are just as good and satisfying as the regular yogurt. It provides that taste of sweet that everybody wants especially when on a diet and are watching what they eat. .

The Chocolate Raspberry flavor is personaly one of my favorites- the chocolate is rich and creamy without being overpowering and the raspberry adds a light fruity flavor to the mix. It's perfect for your sweet tooth without killing all your calories. Delicious dessert for a hundred calories, it doesn't get much better than that.

It's a brand I trust, a price that I'm more than willing to pay and flavors that everyone will like. I definitely make sure to keep it in my fridge to snack on.

Feels like dessert to me!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

I am constantly on a diet and I always feel cheated when I can't have chocolate at least once a day! I am not a huge fan of pudding type desserts but these Yoplait Delights parfait low fat yogurts have the consistency of pudding but the taste of yogurt.

Flavor/Taste
I have only tried the chocolate Yoplait parfait, so I can not vouch for any of the other flavors, but the chocolate is truly amazing! It honestly tastes like you are cheating but in reality they are low fat and actually quite healthy. I have been trying to eat more yogurt for years because of the benefits of probiotics, but I just can't stand the taste and consistency of many yogurts. However, this Yoplait low fat parfait is really different. It is smooth, creamy, and very rich! I absolutely love this product!

Variety
I believe there are several flavors available but if you are a chocoholic like myself, you can not go wrong with the chocolate parfait.

Consistency
I highly recommend the chocolate Yoplait delights low fat yogurt parfait to anyone who is looking for a treat that really satisfies your chocolate craving but does not sabotage your dieting efforts.

• Convenience:

yogurt instead of ice cream for dessert?

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

The Yoplait Delights Parfait Low Fat Yogurt is a great substitute for ice cream, and other desserts. They have great flavors like the chocolate raspberry, lemon torte, creme caramel, cherry cheesecake, and grasshopper pie.

They are a little too sweet to eat like a regular yogurt everyday, but I like to have one of these as a dessert when I am having a sweet tooth instead of having ice cream or cake. I actually prefer eating this over ice cream because it is low in calories, isn't too filling, and it's hits the spot without ruining my healthy eating habits.

My favorite flavors are the creme caramel, lemon torte, and the cherry cheesecake. I would have to agree with everyone else and say that he chocolate raspberry isn't the best flavor that they have. It isn't terrible, but it isn't as chocolately as I would want it to be.

They aren't bad for you either, because all of the flavors besides the grasshopper pie have 100 calories. The grasshopper pie only has 120 calories. They also only have 12 g of sugar, 2 g fat, and they have 5 g of protein. So they are actually pretty healthy for you, and don't have a lot of fat and sugar in them, which is a plus.

I would overall recommend to at least try out the lemon torte and the creme caramel if you haven't already. They are really good.

Flavor/Taste
All the flavors are delicious, and satisfying. The creme caramel and lemon torte are probably my favorites, but the cherry cheesecake is really good too. They have just the right amount of sweetness to have this as a dessert. I have replaced ice cream with this, because they are low in calories and are very rich and creamy.

Variety
There are a couple different flavors of the Yoplait Delights, like the chocolate raspberry, lemon torte, grasshopper pie, and creme caramel. The chocolate raspberry, lemon torte, and creme caramel all have 100 calories, while the grasshopper pie has 120.

I think if I had to pick my absolute favorite it would be a tie between the lemon torte and the creme caramel.

Consistency
It's not thin and runny like a lot of regular yogurts are. It has a thicker creamier consistency that makes it taste more like a dessert then a yogurt.

Convenience
They are a quick way to satisfy a craving without ruining your diet. THey are even great to pack with my lunch incase I have a sweet tooth while i'm out.

A low calorie desert!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

I have found with dieting and watching what I eat almost my whole life that it is very hard to be able to find something that satisfies your sweet tooth and gives into your chocolate cravings without it being so many calories that it is off limits. I was looking for something chocolaty when I came across these Yoplait delights parfaits and decided that I would look them over. I was so shocked and happy to see that one of these parfaits was actually only 100 calories which is super low! They are also very low in fat and are made with a limited amount of ingredients which is something that I always look for and find to be very important. The chocolate raspberry flavor is so very delicious, it is creamy with a great consistency and so good. They have a few flavors, not many, but they do have enough to give you a good variety and have something that would be for anyone.

Hard to find

from IN

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

I really enjoy the Yoplait Delights Parfait Low-fat Yogurt, however; they are very hard to find in my local stores. At one time, my local Wal-Mart and Kroger carried several varieties, such as my favorite Lemon Torte. This has a creamy custardy mousse on top of a tangy, smooth lemon yogurt. I also enjoyed a special treat of Grasshopper Pie. This one is 120 calories per serving, compared to most others only containing 100 calories per serving. However, I don't feel 120 calories for a dessert type yogurt is to many, you could easily consume 500 calories in one slice of grasshopper pie. This excellent alternative has smooth chocolate pudding type mousse on top of minty, chocolate chunk studded yogurt. This is a flavor combination I have never seen in a yogurt before Yoplait Delights Parfaits Lowfat Yogurts. I have the best luck finding Chocolate Eclair, this is also a 100 calorie treat you will not want to pass up! The topping is creamy, vanilla flavored over a cool, smooth chocolate mousse, you will not believe it is a 100 calorie yogurt parfait!

• Convenience:

Great substitute for dessert!

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

I started eating these yogurt parfaits when I was looking to cut back on my calories. I am a dessert junkie! It is definitely my weakness when it comes to food. When you are trying to lose some weight, it is one of the first things to go! These yogurt parfaits were a perfect substitute for me. They still gave me the sweet tastes I was craving but skipped all the calories and fat. They are a much healthier choice all the way around. They also taste really good! There are multiple flavors to choose from. My favorite is the chocolate raspberry. One thing to be aware of is that these yogurts do have a lot of sugar in them still. I would not recommend eating them multiple times a day. I will eat one a day as my after dinner treat.

Flavor/Taste
The flavor and taste is awesome. There are four different flavors and I think they all taste wonderful. They also satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthier way.

Variety
There are only four flavors. I would love to see more produced.

Consistency is good.

Convenience
They are very easy to grab from the fridge and eat after a meal!

• Convenience:

Awesome sweet snacks, yet low in calories

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

This low fat parfait made by Yoplait is amazing. I am a big fan of regular, and whipped Yoplait yogurt, but sometimes you just need something sweet and full of chocolate flavor. This does the trick. It really tastes great, is light and fluffy and really knocks out the cravings for higher calorie sweets. The size is on the smaller side, however it is full of flavor and is low in calories. I like to eat one after dinner, it really is the perfect dessert.
I think the raspberry and chocolate flavor is a perfect combination. The raspberry is not too bitter, but gives the dessert the perfect not too sweet taste.
This parfait is great for kids as well, my daughter loves when I buy these to take in her school lunch. I like to give these to her instead of pudding that is full of sugar and calories.
These are reasonably priced and I can usually find a coupon in the local paper to make them even cheaper. I would highly recommend this product for adults and children.

Average Taste for a Treat

from Utah

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

Yoplait seemed to be trying to make a low fat, healthy treat with this line of yogurt parfaits. They hit the nutritious side of the snack pretty well. It does only have one hundred calories in a serving, and they are also low in fat. But they kind of missed the mark on the tasteful side. I tried the chocolate raspberry flavor, and it wasn't very good. I thought it might be somewhat of an acquired taste and might take a few servings to learn to like it. But even after trying several containers, the taste did not improve. It is not that it is overly bad and disgusting, it's just that it's not great either. If I want something delicious without caring about nutrition, I'll skip this and go for something that tastes better. But on the other hand, if I want something like a treat but do want it to be healthier, I will still use this. I would give it a nine on the nutritious treat side and a four on the treat taste, hence the average rating.

Not the best.

from Kansas

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

I'm a huge yogurt fan so every time I see a new one come out I usually give it a try. Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt are not as good as I expected. I like Yoplait brand and usually like their products, but there was just something off about the Chocolate Raspberry flavor.

I received a coupon for the Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt so I figured why not go pick some up. I was hoping it would be a nice little treat for only 100 calories. There was just something weird about the chocolate part of the yogurt. The raspberry part tasted fine but I couldn't eat more than a few bites of the chocolate section. Sadly, about 2/3 of the yogurt is the chocolate part while the raspberry section is only 1/3. Even mixed together it just tasted strange.

I don't recommend the chocolate raspberry flavor of Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt. The chocolate part of the yogurt tastes weird. There was a caramel flavor but I never tried it. The other flavor may be better tasting.

Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt maes for a tasty treat!

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt:

I originally tried the Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt when they first hit the stores and coupons for this new yogurt were flooding the newspapers for a solid month. These parfait yogurts by Yoplait are slightly more costly than regular yogurt. I have tried every flavor of these yogurts and they are all delicious! The Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurt is slightly thicker than other Yoplait yogurts, but still feature that smooth texture that yogurt lovers like. When on a diet, I like to puchase this yogurt for an after dinner treat. My daughter also loves this yogurt and refers to it as a dessert treat. Also, I have discovered that these yogurts make a perfectly delicious addition to my lowfat muffin recipes. I would definitely recommend the Yoplait Delights Parfait Lowfat Yogurts for any yogurt lover or as a tasty treat in the morning or at night!