Other Yogurts:
Yoplait
Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt

Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt

An oldie but goodie!

*Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt* has been around for a long time and probably most people know about it.  It may be that some of us have come to take the original form of *Yoplait *for granted and perhaps it has become a tad "lost in the shuffle" among the other newer variations.  The fact is that *Yoplait Original* is pretty good stuff, comes in a variety of flavors, doesn't cost "an arm and a leg" and has a lot to be said for itself as far as nutritional value goes.

**STATS:**

The contents of a six-ounce container is considered to be one serving which contains 170 calories with only 15 calories from fat.  There are one and a half grams total fat, one gram saturated fat, zero trans fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 80 mg. sodium, 260 mg. potassium, 33 grams total carbs, 27 grams sugars, and five grams protein.  Vitamins and minerals make a good showing with 15% (D.V.) Vitamin A, 20% Vitamin D, 20% Calcium, and 15% Phosphorus.

**TASTE TIP:**

This yogurt tastes best when it is chilled almost to the point of freezing.  For a really festive dessert, spoon it over fresh fruit.

Can buy it anywhere but isn't the greatest!

Yoplait Original yogurt can be bought anywhere and in so many different flavors. Just with the widespread availability, one would think that this yogurt is the greatest. But it falls painfully short. The ingredient list is the worst! I would think that yogurt should be healthy and not full of sugar. But it contains both sugar, modified corn starch, and high fructose corn syrup! It seems less and less like a healthy snack. And you can taste the unnatural ingredients. Yoplait does a poor job masking the tastes of the extras with the fruit taste.

There are a few benefits. Some of the flavors have real fruit in them, which is really yummy! Also Yoplait Original yogurt is available everywhere at a decent price.

It's really hard to find a good yogurt brand that doesn't have unhealthy extras and is available most places. I do settle with Yoplait Original because it's very convenient to buy even if it doesn't taste the best.

Great Yogurt

from Utah

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

We sometimes make our own yogurt, but it requires a 6-8 ounce starter of already-made yogurt. We typically use this Yoplait fat-free yogurt, and it works perfectly. It does not put a strong taste into the homemade yogurt, and it helps keep it low fat (along with using skim milk to make it). At other times, we simply eat this yogurt for convenience sake (as opposed to taking the time to make our own batch). It is a perfect travel size, and provides a great snack for on the road. We will often use it for breakfast as well, mixing it with fruit or granola for a healthy, protein-filled meal. One inconvenience is the foil lid, since it sometimes rips when removing it, and it is also a bit messy. I would prefer for them to switch to the removable plastic lids, since they are less messy. On top of this, if we open a yogurt and don't use it all at once (such as for one of our kids), it would be much nicer to be able to put a lid back on the container.

A Great, Delicious Value!

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

Yoplait is a widely available and recognized brand. I have seen Yoplait yogurt available at every grocery store or supermarket I have ever been in. In addition, I would say that Yoplait provides some of the highest-quality yogurt I have eaten and enjoy.

The Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt is a delicious alternative for those are are trying to watch their fat intake but still want to eat delicious, creamy yogurt. This line of Yoplait yogurts includes a wide variety of flavors, including my personal favorite, peach. Unlike many yogurts, Yoplait provides a high quality, already mixed container of yogurt and fruit. As someone who absolutely hates fruit on the bottom yogurts, this is important to me. The yogurt always has a delicious and quality consistency that makes it perfect for breakfast or a snack at any time of the day.

Yoplait yogurt comes at an already low price, and you can often find coupons to make the product even more inexpensive. I would recommend Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt to anybody.

Good then and still good now

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

This is the yogurt my parents had around when I was a kid and so it is a taste that enjoyed then and continue to enjoy today. Now that I am a parent, I don't purchase flavored yogurt all that frequently, but when we do this is my go to brand. I also appreciate that it is usually reasonably priced. My favorite yogurt flavor of all time is key lime pie. Not many brands of yogurt offer this flavor so that is a big plus in my eyes.) I know the trend right now is the greek yogurt that is supposedly more healthy for you, but as I have had free samples of a few different brands of greek yogurt I have not been all that impressed with the taste and texture. I don't prefer yogurt that is so thick that it tastes/feels like eating sour cream instead of yogurt. I guess I just really like what I am used to and thus frequently return to the yoplait original brand for my flavored yogurt purchases.

Great yogurt

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

The Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt is a great line of yogurts. They have a ton of flavors that are all pretty healthy. Some of them, however, are healthier than others. It just depends on if they have pieces of real fruit in them (for the fruit-flavored ones, which are the healthiest) or if they have to have artificial flavoring in them. If they have artificial flavoring, then they are also higher in sugar, which is not very good and counteracts the fact that the line of Yoplait are so low in fat.

Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt is good for your stomach and digestive system because they have naturally occurring probiotics in them, which are good bacteria that keep bad bacteria in check.

This line of yogurts comes mostly in small cups that are a single serving, but you can get the vanilla and strawberry flavors in large containers. I get these large ones when I am making fruit salad, and they work really well for that.

Mmmmmm, yummy goodness!

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

Yoplait yogurt is my favorite! I know it isn't the healthiest yogurt out there but it tastes so darn good. I see other reviews that talk about the whole fruit in the yogurt, but in my experience I do not find that to be true (it may be just because of the favors I choose to eat...not sure). That is actually what I like about it. I do not like "chunks" of fruit or whatnot floating around in my yogurt. Smooth and creamy is the way to go for me!

The favors with no chunks that I prefer are:
Lemon (the best!). This is very light and refreshing with a nice lemon flavor
Raspberry (you may run into a seed here or there)
Blackberry (also may get some seeds but no chunks)
Vanilla (light and creamy yumminess)
Key Lime (my husband's favorite)
Blueberry (occasional fruit pieces, but not bad)

The flavor of the Strawberry banana yogurt is quite delicious but you will run into a few pieces of strawberry here and there (not my preference, so I tend to avoid this one).

This is good stuff folks!

Love my Yoplait everyday!

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

Yoplait is my favorite yogurt! They have a huge variety of flavors and the price is right. Personally, I eat a Yoplait yogurt and a piece of fruit every morning and I feel great! I also treat myself to Yoplait, frozen! Its healthier and must less fattening than ice cream.

A great standard yogurt

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

Yoplait has been one of the leaders in the yogurt market for a long time. This 99% fat free variety continues the tradition of excellence and definitely meets the standards. This product is also just as delicious as the original, satisfying with every bite.

yoplait peach!

from Brookville, OH

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

Yoplait brand yogurt is one of my favorites, especially the mountain blueberry and peach. I like the fact that it includes whole fruit inside. It doesn't taste too sweet nor too bland. I am starting to become more health conscious and I'm glad to see they do not include high fructose corn syrup in their product as some of the brands include. I do wish it had a higher amount of protein such as the greek yogurt does. I wish the yogurt has less grams of sugar in each cup, it is very high considering its such a small cup! I eat several of these per week during lunch or as a snack.. It's good to see they haven't gone up too much in price over the last year or so, as many things at the grocery store has. It's good to see its almost a fat free snack! :)

Pina Colada yogurt is the best!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

I am not really a fan of yogurt but if I have a coupon that makes it really inexpensive or free, then I will pick up a container to try. Pina Colada is a fantastic yogurt in my opinion. I love coconut and the pineapple chunks that are through the yogurt. There is always a little burst of something that is very tasty. In my opinion, this is one of the best yogurts that Yoplait puts out. It tastes just like a cold dessert. I always check the Sunday inserts because there is usually a good coupon if you buy a few. I highly recommend this yogurt.

Vitamin D in Yoplait so I'm dealing with it but not happily.

from southern, NC

Comments about Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free Yogurt:

I failed the Vitamin D test at the doctor's office. In fact, he said I had the worst score he's seen at 7 when it should be something like 150. Few foods have Vitamin D, but Yoplait yogurt does have it at 20% required per day. So, I am a Yoplait girl - like it or not.

Yogurt I do love or the Swiss style in yogurt with the flavors mixed in and not fruit plopped on the bottom and sour old yogurt on top to stir. The traditional Yoplait does have a Swiss style, so I am thankful for that to some extent.

The issue that I have with Yoplait yogurt is the consistency. This is billed as thick and creamy. I would say it is thick, but this is sure not what I'd call creamy. It is kind of a combo texture of Jell-O and Cool Whip. Really, it's more like that skin stuff that forms on top of pudding if you make it from scratch and do not eat it soon enough. Really, I can't describe it. But, I really do not like the way this feels in my mouth.

The flavors on Yoplait are all good. No issues there if I can tune out how this stuff feels in my mouth.

There are so many yogurts out now and so many that I really love including many of the other low fats. There are great yogurts that really are thick and creamy almost like ice cream but not cold and melty.

Yoplait, as far as I know or can find, is the only yogurt with Vitamin D. I'm getting out in the sun more (the main source), have a perscription for supplements, and I am eating Yoplait yogurt.

But . . . if another company added Vitamin D to yogurt, I would switch in a second. The way this stuff feels in my mouth is not good, but I remind myself that I have to get the Vitamin D up and keep watching for another company to add D, so I can switch.