Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Wolfgang Puck

Pros

Cons

Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker

I am new to pressure cooking so I know that my grief with this machine is user error. I bought the 7 qt model. on the Home Shopping Netowrk website I came across a couple of recipes that yielded consistent results. (it was good)

The machine doesnt take up that much room really. It come with everything you need to use it. My big problem is that the settings are proprietary. I bought the accompanying cook book with the hopes of finsing a conversion table for other recipes. I must be dense because I cant figure it out. I thought of calling the company and asking where to get a conversion chart.

The machine itself is built like a tank. Works very well. I had to read the instructions twice to know waht setting to put the nozzle on. Once I got that all was good. I have done a few dishes from the cookbook and the website. All have turned out as hoped for. My folks got me a nice pressure cooker cookbook for Christmas but I cant figure out how to convert for this pressure cooker. Hopefully soon I will figure it out..

Don't know if it is worth it

I have not yet figured this thing out and have had it for 2 months.  Very big and does not store easlily.  Needs more recipies in the book.  Needs better food ideas.  Since I am new to the whole pressure cooker thing I am very unsure about how to cook and the seasonings so I have been continuing to use my crock pot.

Best Pressure Cooker To Add To Your Kitchen

Comments about Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker:

I love this pressure cooker. Can add all ingredients at once and takes a fraction of the time it would take to cook in a slow cooker.

Product works as quickly at reported.

Food does not stick and clean up is a breeze.

Comes with easy to use instructions and it's very simple to use.

Cook in mine as often as I can and it still looks brand new.

Comes in a choice of 3 different colors and fits into any kitchen design.

New Way to Cook

from Great Neck, NY

Comments about Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker:

I was always afraid to try using a pressure cooker, and since I am home all day didn't feel I needed one, but my daughter got this for me, and I really do like it, especially when I have forgotten to plan dinner and need food to be ready quickly instead of eating out.

This cooker is pretty easy to use. I still prefer my slow cooker because, for example, brisket does not come out soft enough. I haven't gotten used to it totally, but I do expect I will enjoy not having to start dinner early in the morning once I get the hang of it.

Meanwhile, it is a great addition to any kitchen. My teenaged son likes to use it to cook up beef stew and stewed chicken, which I never cook. He says it works great, but also still prefers the slow cooker.

My pressure cooker is a great time saver and kitchen helper.

from Riverview, FL

Comments about Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker:

This has been a great appliance from the first use. It lets me make great dinners after working all day without even having to defrost meats. The pressure cooker is very versatile for everything from breakfast to dessert. My husband won't eat any but very tender meat and he is the ultimate carnivore so with the pressure cooker he can have what he wants without my having to buy expensive cuts. There is also a great savings in electric costs as most things are done in 20 to 30 minutes or less. The only thing I cook longer is corned beef...90 minutes...and it is to so tender and juicy that I don't cook it any other way now. It's also nice to have the trivet to raise the meat above the liquid and avoid it sitting in the rendered grease. This is my all time favorite appiance.

It does just what I want, the way I want, when I want. What more can you ask?

The cooking pot removed for cleaning and is dishwasher proof. The gasket should be removed each use and washed separately. I don't do this and mine still works great.

Put your food in the post with whatever liquid, attach the lid, select the cook time and come back when you like. When cook time is over it switches to keep warm so no babysitting is needed.

One of the posts holding the raised part of the lid that forms a handle cracked off but it doesn't affect the use of the pressure cooker. A new lid costs nearly as much as the cooker so I'll make do.

I see no way to improve it except to make the lid lip that serves as a handle more sturdy.

Can prepare a meal so fast, perfect for working moms

from Pembroke, ME

Comments about Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker:

I use my pressure cooker several times a week, when *I *don't have much time.  Cooks my veggies perfect, does chicken in about half the time.  I use it without the pressure top to boil water for spagetti and other things as it heats the water much faster than the stovetop.  It is also great for slow cooking of stews and soups.

from Addison, IL

Awsome Machine!

from Center Hill, FL

Comments about Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker:

This machine is absolutely amazing!  This is super fast, you can cook rice in less than ten minutes, including the time it takes to warm up.  It makes perfect rice every time.  The most incredible dish is the soups you can make in this machine in twenty minutes.  The most delicious, creamy vegetable soups come out of this appliance.  To get the best results, roast your vegetables in the oven for about twenty to thirty minutes, put them in the machine, whole with stock and in twenty minutes blend them with an immersion blender, add a couple tablespoons of cream and one tablespoon of butter and you have restaurant quality, gourmet soup for your whole family.  This product is very easy to use, has a great, easy to understand instruction booklet with many delicious recipes.  You can also use rice mixes just like plain rice, add the recommended amount of water and the seasoning packet, set the machine on the rice setting and you have perfectly cooked and seasoned rice, use broth or stock to add extra flavor.  I am not sure what I did before I bought this machine!

The Wolfgang Pressure Cooker is a must-have kitchen tool!

from Delaware, OH

Comments about Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker:

The Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker is a very easy-to-use appliance and is a must-have tool for any kitchen!  I have used mine to cook a variety of meals, including but not limited to, jambalaya, pasta, beans, ribs, pork loin, chicken, creamed chicken, beef stew, and pulled pork.  It is definitely the best rice cooker I have ever owned, and it can even master hard-to-cook rices such as brown jasmine rice.  It can be difficult to figure out how much water that you need to add because the instructions for the electric pressure cooker are often not the same as the instructions on the bag so there can be a trial-and-error period.  The instruction booklet that comes along with it can be a handy resource, but it is not all inclusive so sometimes you have to use your own judgment and hope for the best.  I will say that I do wish that it had an option to set your own time instead of using the function buttons.  Rice in particular seems to take longer, and while I can add time to the rice setting, I can not program it for less than 6 minutes (which is problematic when something is *almost* done and just needs a few more minutes, but less than 6 minutes).  I would also like to have the option to set soups and stews for less time, and a better function for cooking beans as well as pasta.  I know that you can put the raw meat in with other ingredients, but I do tend to cook my meat first, and then cook everything again with the veggies/pasta/rice,etc.  Overall, the Wolfgang Puck electric pressure cooker is a wonderful tool, it saves a ton of time in the kitchen and makes preparing home-made, made-from-scratch meals simple and easy.

Wolfgang Puck electric Pressure cooker is fantastic!

from Tillamook, OR

Comments about Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker:

I really, really, really like this!  yes, the lid is a bit tricky, butt the results are maravelous.  Great for winter squash.................comes out perfect every time.  i highly recommend figuring out how to use it and then to use it!

This is my favorite tool in the kitchen!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Wolfgang Puck Electric Pressure Cooker:

I love love love my Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker!  I don't have this exact model, mine's a 7qt, but it's basically the same.  I remember my mother using a pressure cooker often when I was a child and I was always afraid of them.  The newer models these days are basically fool proof.  There's a locking mechanism that doesn't allow you to open the cooker until the pressure it released.  I will cook just about anything in it.  I make most of my weekly meals in my pressure cooker.  It cooks in usually less than half the time of cooking on the stove.  I make a lot of soups & stews, meats, vegetables, rice and beans.  This thing cooks dried beans in about 15 minutes with no soaking before hand and 6 minutes for perfectly done white rice.  I love that I can set the timer, walk away and not worry about it.  It's always the right temperature and shuts off and stays warm when it's finished.  I've told many of my friends/family about it and I've ordered 6 more for them.  So far everyone loves it too!  I've just begun to explore all the things I can cook in it.  Clean up is so easy too, just remove the non-stick metal bowl inside, wash up and wash up the cover.  So simple.  Mine came with a glass lid for simmering/cooking things without pressure and a steamer basket.  Usually I don't buy things with a celebrity's name on them but I did this time and love it!  Happy cooking!

Don't know if it is worth it